PDA

View Full Version : Does it sting

Stevie Johnson
05-11-2015, 07:43 PM
When color commentators and sports anchors alike refer to the Spurs as defending champions? Defending champions they are not anymore. Nobody cares anymore that they won last year. True colors showed that they were not worthy of a champion by bowing out to the fucking Clippers of all teams. One of the main criticisms I have of the Spurs is that they thought they could get away shrugging off games away. They didn't act like champions, and for that they deserve to be where they are at: at home, on a couch, being fed a sandwich.

timtonymanu
05-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Nothing stings after 6, tbh.

FkLA
05-11-2015, 07:47 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2014/11/6.-cover.jpg

No, it doesn't sting.

Silver&Black
05-11-2015, 07:47 PM

No, it doesn't sting.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Does it sting realizing a team led by two prepubescent, nougat colored chuckers can't beat a real basketball team in the playoffs?

Splits
05-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Does it sting realizing a team led by two prepubescent, nougat colored chuckers can't beat a real basketball team in the playoffs?

:lmao

Stevie Johnson
05-11-2015, 08:00 PM
We have beat them, once, and that continues tonight. Meanwhile the Spurs are eating a sandwich on a couch in their homes. How does that feel?

MI21
05-11-2015, 08:05 PM

No, it doesn't sting.

MI21
05-11-2015, 08:06 PM

No, it doesn't sting.

tbh

MI21

No, it doesn't sting.

MultiTroll
We have beat them, once, and that continues tonight. Meanwhile the Spurs are eating a sandwich on a couch in their homes. How does that feel?
Makes me want to have a sandwich, since no real teams outside of Memphis are left in the playoffs.
So put your apron on and get fixin.

MI21

No, it doesn't sting.

lol Gay Thompson

MI21
05-11-2015, 08:07 PM

No, it doesn't sting.

lol Gaymond Dreen

AFBlue
05-11-2015, 08:14 PM

:lol

Stevie Johnson
05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
lol Gay Thompson

lol Gaymond Dreen
LOL eliminated
LOL afterthought

Mikeanaro
05-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Lol you are a clown. I´ve seen my team 5 times winning it all, you have seen nothing yet and even if they ring now there is 4 more left, lol 155 messages was your ass tickling and you ran to make an account here?.

spursfan09
05-11-2015, 08:22 PM
No doesn't sting. Stings when you up by 5 with 28 seconds left in the NBA finals about to win your fifth championship and it fades away. Oh and I was 8 months pregnant to at that time. So nah doesn't sting.

Russ
05-11-2015, 08:26 PM
When color commentators and sports anchors alike refer to the Spurs as defending champions? Defending champions they are not anymore. Nobody cares anymore that they won last year. True colors showed that they were not worthy of a champion by bowing out to the fucking Clippers of all teams. One of the main criticisms I have of the Spurs is that they thought they could get away shrugging off games away. They didn't act like champions, and for that they deserve to be where they are at: at home, on a couch, being fed a sandwich.

Dear Stevie Johnson --

Thank you for saving us from the likes of Apalisoc.

A true troll is a relative thing of beauty in dark days like these. :)

Sincerely, the Spurstalk Community . . .

moisaenz
05-11-2015, 08:30 PM
so spurs weren't worthy of being called champions after they won the championship?

therealtruth
05-11-2015, 08:31 PM
All defending champs go through that. But most are able to flip the switch at some point. 2001 Lakers are the classic example. Snoozed through the season but when playoffs started breezed through it. It seems like the switch got stuck when the Spurs tried flipping it.

Strategic
05-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Stings like a cloudy day in August. Now where's my sammich?

Spur|n|Austin
05-11-2015, 09:17 PM

No, it doesn't sting.

spurs10
05-11-2015, 09:17 PM
When color commentators and sports anchors alike refer to the Spurs as defending champions? Defending champions they are not anymore. Nobody cares anymore that they won last year. True colors showed that they were not worthy of a champion by bowing out to the fucking Clippers of all teams. One of the main criticisms I have of the Spurs is that they thought they could get away shrugging off games away. They didn't act like champions, and for that they deserve to be where they are at: at home, on a couch, being fed a sandwich. The Spurs aren't the "Defending Champions" they're the the Champions.

Stevie Johnson
05-11-2015, 09:18 PM
The Spurs aren't the "Defending Champions" they're the the Champions.
They're not the champions anymore. They've been dethroned.

Mikeanaro
05-11-2015, 09:20 PM
They're not the champions anymore. They've been dethroned.
So when they say 5 time champion Spurs, they should say 5 time dethroned instead?:lmao

Stevie Johnson
05-11-2015, 09:21 PM
So when they say 5 time champion Spurs, they should say 5 time dethroned instead?:lmao
Sure I like the sound of that. Doesn't erase the fact that they are dethroned. Does it make you feel sad boy?

Mikeanaro
05-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Sure I like the sound of that. Doesn't erase the fact that they are dethroned. Does it make you feel sad boy?
No, every team has been dethroned we just won a ring with our aging Big 3 why should I feel sad?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-11-2015, 09:58 PM

A sandwich actually tastes really good with 5 rings on one hand.

Leetonidas
05-11-2015, 10:00 PM
5 rings, faggot!

Dancelot
05-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Dude, the warriors lost to the clippers "of all teams" last year & they will again this year IF they even get that far. I don't think it's very smart talking shit when your boys are struggling so bad with Memphis right now.

Budkin
05-12-2015, 12:36 AM

http://i.giphy.com/hQY7rPlW3Vc3K.gif

elmanutres
05-12-2015, 12:54 AM
awful troll tbh

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-12-2015, 01:04 AM
^And the standard hasn't been high.

Sean Cagney
05-12-2015, 01:16 AM
LOL not worthy of the title last year when they won a record games by 15+ points and dominated all the way through from game 7 on, went on a tear. I am guessing that is a fluke right? Let your team win that one title then talk some shit, until they you are just a troll talking worthless bullshit and we don't hear you dickhead.

Venti Quattro
05-12-2015, 01:39 AM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry It still hurts :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

DarrinS
05-12-2015, 05:55 AM
It hurts much much worse when you get close to a championship and don't get it. You'll find out.

Godbama
05-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Nothing stings after 6, tbh.
This ^

also I was never the type of guy to pay attention to shit like "defending" or "current" champions, I'm not really going to use the term as a current moniker for a team outside of June. It's more like "ah, they won the championship last season/year" for me.

Honestly this year didn't sting or hurt too bad, more like it's temporarily numbed my overall love of basketball. I've always been a guy who tried to avoid becoming the typical dumbass team-fanboy fanatic exampIe (i.e. 90% of team forum sites including this one) despite being a Spurs fan, and I've always watched a ton of non-Spurs related basketball...but after our first round dropout I've totally stopped caring about the playoffs let alone kept muuuuuch track of it, which is pretty abnormal for me. Like I'm not the sorta guy who'd usually be paying more attention to LaMarcus-Spurs rumors than say Bulls-Cavs or GSW-Grizz, buuuut that's where I am right now I guess. I hope it passes by the conference finals.
So yeah, this year was more deflating than stinging for me.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2015, 07:30 AM
It would sting if my team hadn't been to the Conference Finals in 39 years.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2015, 07:31 AM
It would sting if my team had made the playoff 9 times in the last 38 years.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2015, 07:37 AM
It would sting if my team had lost 34 of its last 35 games in San Antonio. http://bkref.com/tiny/f3TL2

nowitzkikopf
05-12-2015, 11:53 AM
lol gsw fans blowing their load early. ctfd.

Dancelot
05-12-2015, 11:57 AM
It would sting if my team had lost 34 of its last 35 games in San Antonio. http://bkref.com/tiny/f3TL2
:lol

Budkin
05-12-2015, 12:02 PM

timtonymanu
05-12-2015, 12:06 PM
This ^

also I was never the type of guy to pay attention to shit like "defending" or "current" champions, I'm not really going to use the term as a current moniker for a team outside of June. It's more like "ah, they won the championship last season/year" for me.

Honestly this year didn't sting or hurt too bad, more like it's temporarily numbed my overall love of basketball. I've always been a guy who tried to avoid becoming the typical dumbass team-fanboy fanatic exampIe (i.e. 90% of team forum sites including this one) despite being a Spurs fan, and I've always watched a ton of non-Spurs related basketball...but after our first round dropout I've totally stopped caring about the playoffs let alone kept muuuuuch track of it, which is pretty abnormal for me. Like I'm not the sorta guy who'd usually be paying more attention to LaMarcus-Spurs rumors than say Bulls-Cavs or GSW-Grizz, buuuut that's where I am right now I guess. I hope it passes by the conference finals.
So yeah, this year was more deflating than stinging for me.

Yeah I stopped caring about the playoffs too after the Spurs got eliminated. I've been so use to seeing the Spurs go far the past 3 seasons that my excitement for the playoffs ended when they lost. Deflating, sure. But I agree, it doesn't sting. Getting redemption last year and getting 5 the way we did is enough to keep me satisfied for a while. Anything from here on out is gravy.

703 Spurz
05-12-2015, 12:08 PM

The thing is this. You think you're talking shit but what you're actually doing is crediting the Spurs for being the champions they are. It'd be like talking shit to a Wizards fan (for getting bounced in the 2nd round, assuming they do). That makes sense since they haven't won dick in 40 years. But when you attempt to talk shit about a franchise that has won more titles than all other NBA teams except for 3, you come out looking like a god damn imbecile.

ErnestLynch
05-13-2015, 09:42 AM

When the Penguin Mr. Burns moves your team to Seattle you'll know sting.

SupremeGuy
05-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Does it sting realizing a team led by two prepubescent, nougat colored chuckers can't beat a real basketball team in the playoffs?:rollin

jdelar03
05-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Its actually not so bad after 3 straight wcf apperances and 2 straight finals apperances and a ring...we can live with now what has gs done in the past 3yrs, 5yrs hell even 15yrs.lol

SnakeBoy
05-13-2015, 12:10 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/warriors/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/102214_banners_756x440.jpg?itok=vCWgBMTW

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-14-2015, 01:03 AM
:rollin 40 years ago.

DMC
05-14-2015, 02:18 AM
You guys responding to an alt.. typical upstairs action.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2015, 02:45 AM
Yeah I stopped caring about the playoffs too after the Spurs got eliminated. I've been so use to seeing the Spurs go far the past 3 seasons that my excitement for the playoffs ended when they lost. Deflating, sure. But I agree, it doesn't sting. Getting redemption last year and getting 5 the way we did is enough to keep me satisfied for a while. Anything from here on out is gravy.

I said this right after the title last year... From here on out house money.

SASdynasty!
05-14-2015, 10:08 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/warriors/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/102214_banners_756x440.jpg?itok=vCWgBMTW
Real question: who has had more playoff success? The Spurs in the last 10 years or the Warriors in the last 70?

Answer: Warriors in the last 70.

AlexJones
05-15-2015, 11:24 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao sup

Stevie Johnson
05-15-2015, 11:26 PM
LOL

KaiRMD1
05-15-2015, 11:30 PM
Real question: who has had more playoff success? The Spurs in the last 10 years or the Warriors in the last 70?

Answer: Warriors in the last 70.

:lmao