PDA

View Full Version : Harper government announces zero tolerance for hate speech in Canada

Winehole23
05-12-2015, 10:03 AM
The Harper government is signalling its intention to use hate crime laws against Canadian advocacy groups that encourage boycotts of Israel.http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-cites-hate-crime-laws-when-asked-about-its-zero-tolerance-for-israel-boycotters-1.3067497

boutons_deux
05-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Conservatives LOVE Freedom!

Conservatives FUCK UP EVERYTHING they touch.

Winehole23
05-12-2015, 10:31 AM
as yet there is no US legal analogue, no US hate crimes for speech

boutons_deux
05-12-2015, 11:34 AM
as yet there is no US legal analogue, no US hate crimes for speech

France has "symbolic" fines, 1 Euro, I think, for deniers of the Holocaust. Germany has laws about promoting Nazism and holocaust denying, also, IIRC.

m>s
05-12-2015, 12:34 PM
There is no freedom in that country. This is my beef with so called democracies. They always enact these "hate speech" laws when they are getting ready to open to the floodgates and gekocide the existing population. Silence the dissenters and keep the pigs from squealing before the slaughter. At this point it is the patriotic duty of every citizen of western nations to rise up and overthrow our Marxist oppressors, I can't think of a single western government left that isn't corrupt beyond hope.

ErnestLynch
05-12-2015, 05:34 PM
The beauty of free speech is it exposes people for what they are. Suppressing it is placing your head in the sand. Without it, you don't know who your friend or enemy is. You've basically 'turned off the lights'.