PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Choke City

Caltex2
05-12-2015, 11:06 AM
The Rockets are done. There's no coming back from this. Houston is the city defined by chokers and there's no way Houston can come back from this. Choke City, USA.

Spur-Addict
05-12-2015, 11:09 AM
No better time for a reverse jinx than now I guess

Killakobe81
05-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Even if the Rox are done. I would like to see something out of Harden tonight. I expect the Rox to win Dwight to play well but the MVP runner-up should carry this team to a win. Not just with scoring but play-making hustle on defense whatever it takes. Where is the guy that took a wet shit on the Spurs in the WCF a few years back? unlike most on here I like James. Sure he flops to much but you used to be able to say the same of Manu, Dfish, CP3 and Blake and are all stars and/or considered clutch ...and have huge fans on here.

I want to see from Harden what I saw out of Steph last night or James on sunday. At least a poor man's version. Otherwise I was right, not a true franchise pillar for a title team. wont hold it against him if they lose series but for one game Harden needs to dominate.

Thread
05-12-2015, 01:52 PM
^Killa, with the goods. Get up offin' their asses and act like somebody if just for an hour of game time. Don't go quietly into the nite. Rage & ruin against the impressing blackness.

Anything can happen...some Chinese fuck was selling Spurs Title Gear almost two years ago. Look what happened there.

djohn2oo8
05-12-2015, 01:56 PM
^Killa, with the goods. Get up offin' their asses and act like somebody if just for an hour of game time. Don't go quietly into the nite. Rage & ruin against the impressing blackness.

Anything can happen...some Chinese fuck was selling Spurs Title Gear almost two years ago. Look what happened there.

This. And on another note, I went into Academy the other day, and these fuckers have the nerve to still be selling "Clutch City" shirts 20 years later. Still trying to milk Hakeem's rings. Smh.

unleashbaynes
05-12-2015, 01:59 PM
it's not a choke when everyone could see it coming a mile away tbh.

Mitch
05-12-2015, 02:02 PM
They'll win 3 in a row and prove that Harden is the true MVP.

Lakers999
05-12-2015, 02:11 PM
I just want the rockets to win because I cant stand the clippers

unforeseen
05-12-2015, 02:13 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/OptimalDelayedCoot.gif

mavsfan1000
05-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Not a choke when you had no chance in the first place. They had no business winning game 2 tbh. Getting outplayed 3 of the 4 quarters.

Killakobe81
05-12-2015, 02:21 PM

Not a choke but no way they should lose in 5 games ... nothing about this eventual series loss takes away what Harden did in the regular season ... but this does taint his standing as one of the truly elite players. If he keeps not only losing but under-performing come May how can you trust this guy to lead your team to the promised land?

Say what you will about Dwight, but he has played better the past two playoffs than he has in the regular season and agin I hate that dude ...but facts are facts. Maybe Harden is fatigued from carrying the team ... but does he have any more responsibility than Lebron who is the star player, best defender and defacto coach/GM ? stnd up and drop 30 5 and 5 on the Clips get that W ...if they lose in 6 so be it. But dont let dem Clips celebrate on your court ...

Thread
05-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Oh, you're soooooooooooooo right, daddy.

Caltex2
05-12-2015, 02:53 PM

I know but Houston is known for chokes and this will be yet another disappointment in a long line of Rockets disappointments, as was described in the Choke City article in 1994 after the Suns' game. The Rockets are done, no chance.

For what? What have they remotely done to make any Lakers fan make a passing interest at them?

Thread
05-12-2015, 03:01 PM
I know but Houston is known for chokes and this will be yet another disappointment in a long line of Rockets disappointments, as was described in the Choke City article in 1994 after the Suns' game. The Rockets are done, no chance.

- "It's over."

- A.C. Green - 3-1---in Houston---before flying back to the Valley. - 1995

tee, hee.

---

That's also the series where Smith fouled and impeded KJ from going to the rim. Hakeem admonished him sternly..."Let him come."

Clipper Nation
05-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Series isn't over until the clock strikes 0 on win #4, tbh.

Thread
05-12-2015, 03:05 PM

Even if they sell your shit on the tv, eh, tights?

tee, hee.

Mitch
05-12-2015, 03:11 PM

tee, hee.

You notice all those signatures counting down the games until the Spurs win the championship last round, Cub? They sure disappeared fast.

baseline bum
05-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Where is the guy that took a wet shit on the Spurs in the WCF a few years back?

A lot easier to do that when you're the third option and have Kevin Durant on your team vs trying to carry a team with a Dwight Howard who has mentally checked out already as your #2 guy. The Clippers aren't swiping at him and he's being exposed without the trips to the free throw line.

Caltex2
05-12-2015, 03:25 PM
- "It's over."

- A.C. Green - 3-1---in Houston---before flying back to the Valley. - 1995

tee, hee.

---

That's also the series where Smith fouled and impeded KJ from going to the rim. Hakeem admonished him sternly..."Let him come."

Just like it was when the Suns won 2 in Houston and left, as the Houston Chronicle described it, Choke City.

No, it's over. Good luck on your first ever trip to the conference finals Clipper Nation (double meaning).

Clipper Nation
05-12-2015, 03:25 PM

tee, hee.

You've nary room. They were almost done engraving "LOS ANGELES LAKERS" on the Larry O'Brien before Game 1 even tipped off back in '04. Then Bryant had other ideas.

Shame, shame, everyone knows your name.

SPM
05-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Don't worry Houston..... Golden State will make this beat down you getting worse when they exploit that shit squad in the Conference Finals.

DMC
05-12-2015, 05:40 PM
No one giving the Clippers their due. Rockets should have been sweptPERIOD

Caltex2
05-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Very true, the Rockets are good fourth quarter away from having had that fate. That's why the Clippers will have no problem tonight against Choke City.

BTW, I like how you're trying to counter my revers--err, I mean acceptance of fate. :wakeup

Thread
05-12-2015, 07:09 PM
You've nary room. They were almost done engraving "LOS ANGELES LAKERS" on the Larry O'Brien before Game 1 even tipped off back in '04. Then Bryant had other ideas.

Shame, shame, everyone knows your name.

:rolleyes

Thread
05-12-2015, 07:11 PM
You notice all those signatures counting down the games until the Spurs win the championship last round, Cub? They sure disappeared fast.

& the kicker? If they couldn't repeat against this teeming landfill they'll never repeat.

Caltex2
05-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Seriously, the bracket opened up wide for them.

Mitch
05-12-2015, 07:16 PM
& the kicker? If they couldn't repeat against this teeming landfill they'll never repeat.

You would think after 15 years and only 1-way trips, their optimism would be skeptical at best. But no, they've got the championship merchants on speed-dial, shaking hands with eachother before they even pass through the first door.

Caltex2
05-12-2015, 07:19 PM
What are they supposed to say and feel? That they can't win and won't win? The Spurs were arguably the best team in the West this year, a coin flip at worst with the Clippers and Warriors.

Thread
05-12-2015, 07:21 PM
You would think after 15 years and only 1-way trips, their optimism would be skeptical at best. But no, they've got the championship merchants on speed-dial, shaking hands with eachother before they even pass through the first door.

& no resistance. Instead the dummies resisted themselves, their charge, their code, their brand. Just hopped into the cesspool of the other 15, started treadin' water.

Indazone
05-12-2015, 07:24 PM
All I want to see is some effort out of these slackers. That's all. If they go down fine. Just not by over 30 points!

Killakobe81
05-13-2015, 04:04 AM
Not a choke but no way they should lose in 5 games ... nothing about this eventual series loss takes away what Harden did in the regular season ... but this does taint his standing as one of the truly elite players. If he keeps not only losing but under-performing come May how can you trust this guy to lead your team to the promised land?

Say what you will about Dwight, but he has played better the past two playoffs than he has in the regular season and agin I hate that dude ...but facts are facts. Maybe Harden is fatigued from carrying the team ... but does he have any more responsibility than Lebron who is the star player, best defender and defacto coach/GM ? stnd up and drop 30 5 and 5 on the Clips get that W ...if they lose in 6 so be it. But dont let dem Clips celebrate on your court ...

Mission accomplished. Nice work last night Harden way to respond with season in the brink ...

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Nice win last night but there's no way the Rockets win in a building they've lost by an average of 29 points in. Good season but the latest choke is set. Clippers in 6.

Thread
05-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Nice win last night but there's no way the Rockets win in a building they've lost by an average of 29 points in. Good season but the latest choke is set. Clippers in 6.

The Clippers have a whole set of demons of their own. They ain't no sage.

Play hard defense from the tip, the offense comes naturally. And don't fight! They'll be pushing your buttons to get you off your feed.

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 09:38 AM
Why fight though, it's clear the Rockets can't compete when they play in Los Angeles.

Thread
05-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Why fight though, it's clear the Rockets can't compete when they play in Los Angeles.

They scheduled it. You have to show up. Might as well pitch your tent and go to work.

They've been deeper in the shit thru the years than you have. Only difference twixt your orgs is they lynched a white man and use his corpse as a rallying point & cry.

Clipper Nation
05-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Rockets in 7.

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Hey now, don't you start, I already conceded from here, not far from Clutch City.

Thread
05-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Rockets in 7.

Look at him,,,insulating himself preemptively.

Clipper Nation
05-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Hey now, don't you start, I already conceded from here, not far from Clutch City.
Nah, Rockets got this. The Choke is in progress.

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Right, the one the Rockets are known for.

Clipper Nation
05-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Right, the one the Rockets are known for.
Not this series. You'll get swept in the WCF though.

Franklin
05-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Just play a highly aggressive style of game against monkeyball, and if any monkey falls down injured or gets suspended, the Clippers are fucked. They're now only using an 8-man rotation and any injury would leave them with only 7 monkeys to play.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2015, 01:07 AM
Clutch City part 2?

Caltex2
05-15-2015, 10:58 AM
No, the Rockets got lucky the NBA paid off the Clippers in Game 6 because they love for series to go 7. I'm prepared for another Rockets let down.

Choke City baby.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Rockets in 7.

Thread
05-15-2015, 11:05 AM
No, the Rockets got lucky the NBA paid off the Clippers in Game 6 because they love for series to go 7. I'm prepared for another Rockets let down.

Choke City baby.

You'd better hitch up your get-a-long, because they're comin' & they're comin' hard.

Harden will spell the difference.

TampaDude
05-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Rox by dubs! Rox in 7, motherfuckers!

Clips were sniffin' 'round that pussy last night, had the turgid purple head right at the cuntlips, then went limp and the bitch slapped 'em away, no play, no pay, no coming back another day. :lol

daslicer
05-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Rockets will win game 7. Clippers lost all the momentum by blowing that 19 point lead.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2015, 01:33 PM
Rox by dubs! Rox in 7, motherfuckers!

Clips were sniffin' 'round that pussy last night, had the turgid purple head right at the cuntlips, then went limp and the bitch slapped 'em away, no play, no pay, no coming back another day. :lol
:lmao

Franklin
05-16-2015, 03:46 AM
Clipper Asian right about them Clippers tbh.

Caltex2
05-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Yeah, that was cool and all. Still, the Rockets met a team that could match their lethargy.

Warriors in a sweep, book it.

Bulaien999
05-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Shit thread with a shit take by shit poster.

You arent a ROCKETS fan, troll

Thread
05-18-2015, 10:04 AM

Who is he, 9's? He's a pisser all right. I don't whether to hate him or hire him to cut my lawn,,,inside & out.

mavsfan1000
05-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Clutch City

Franklin
05-18-2015, 07:14 PM
The warriors are stacked but I don't think they have the consistent mentality to manage a sweep imho. As you've seen in the Memphis series, the warriors are also flawed and may also shit their pants once in a while, so I think the Lockets can win at least two games in the conference finals, but no more than 3 imho.

Caltex2
05-18-2015, 09:38 PM

You obviously are missing something here. And you are green in your Rockets history.

Bulaien999
05-19-2015, 12:51 AM
You obviously are missing something here. And you are green in your Rockets history.

Not green at all, I know of all the shortcomings of the rockets, doesnt mean I will root for them to lose.

In the words of Cub, its chickenshit

Caltex2
05-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Sigh, will someone else explain to him what's going on in this thread and thus ruin the effect of what I'm trying to do?

Bulaien999
05-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Sigh, will someone else explain to him what's going on in this thread and thus ruin the effect of what I'm trying to do?

Lol if it is what im thinking now, then props. Its more of a clutchfans thing to make this type of thread though

sook
05-19-2015, 01:54 PM
The warriors are stacked but I don't think they have the consistent mentality to manage a sweep imho. As you've seen in the Memphis series, the warriors are also flawed and may also shit their pants once in a while, so I think the Lockets can win at least two games in the conference finals, but no more than 3 imho.

Rogue, the warriors are overrated as fuck imo. I know the rockets can take them to 7 and its a toss up, but the spurs would have made mince meat of them. Fucking Memphis has one of the shittiest offenses I've ever seen.

Franklin
05-19-2015, 07:07 PM
67-15 record doesn't come by chance imho. The warriors play highly fluid basketball and their bench is deep as fuck. They're second to no one in terms of talent level imho. They Lockets may win two or three games against them but I just don't think they have a chance to cause upset without home court advantage tbh.

Caltex2
05-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Yep, no reason to even try.