PDA

View Full Version : 2016 free agent class has actual max players

Big Empty
05-12-2015, 06:23 PM
I think id be ok with bringing back this same Spurs group for one more year and seeing if we could persuade Davis or Durant to join the Spurs. I know its a pipe dream but these guys are actual legit max players.

ErnestLynch
05-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Well hell maybe we could get 'em both, and Alderidge and K-Love to boot. I have a huge pipe with big dreams.

dabom
05-12-2015, 06:58 PM
And lebron too. :lmao

ErnestLynch
05-12-2015, 07:01 PM
And lebron too. :lmao

Dats 5 players right there. That's all you need.

Big Empty
05-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Well if we do land LA this summer atleast we can be the 2011-2015 Trail Blazers when Duncan retires this summer or next i suppose

dabom
05-12-2015, 07:57 PM
LA never played with a player as great as duncan or a coach as good as Pop(even though he pretty much mailed it in this year) or a dynamic player like Kawhi. This team would be a top 3 team in talent if we get LA.

cjw
05-12-2015, 09:50 PM
LA never played with a player as great as duncan or a coach as good as Pop(even though he pretty much mailed it in this year) or a dynamic player like Kawhi. This team would be a top 3 team in talent if we get LA.

He's constantly been surrounded by the walking wounded (Oden, Roy, Matthews, list goes on). His *star* is a chucker who doesn't play a lick of D.

And to those who say he doesn't like to bang in the post, it doesn't help to have someone like Robin Lopez around who clogs the paint. Even with that, he was #2 in the league in number of post-ups this year and elite in effectiveness at 0.96 PPP (83rd percentile). Was not great in pick and roll (20th percentile), so would have to look more into that (could be the RoLo factor or fault of ball handler). Decent on isolations. Would love to see what he can do in a proper offense.

Defensively, he was a beast guarding post-ups at 0.67 PPP (nearly 90th percentile) and good in other facets.

Sean Cagney
05-13-2015, 02:16 AM
I think id be ok with bringing back this same Spurs group for one more year and seeing if we could persuade Davis or Durant to join the Spurs. I know its a pipe dream but these guys are actual legit max players.

So you pass up this summer just to whiff next summer on those two?? You end up with nobody then? Makes sense to me.

cantthinkofanything
05-13-2015, 10:26 AM
So you pass up this summer just to whiff next summer on those two?? You end up with nobody then? Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to Mark Cuban.

baseline bum
05-13-2015, 11:07 AM

Davis will be restricted, Durant may be done, and the Spurs will have already given Leonard his $15 million a year contract. So much for that idea.

Sean Cagney
05-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Davis will be restricted, Durant may be done, and the Spurs will have already given Leonard his $15 million a year contract. So much for that idea.

Basically this.

pad300
05-13-2015, 06:35 PM

It's not actually as insane as you think. If we whiff on big FA's, then you give 1 year contracts to Duncan and Manu, and any other signings, commit $25 million to Danny and Kawhi, we are committed to something between $55 and $60 million next summer for (Green, Leonard, Parker, Diaw, Splitter, Mills, Anderson, + possible first rounders). The cap is jumping to ~ $90 million. With the "filler" holds for 3 more players, we will have room to offer a max contract, depending on the level of cap hold for Duncan and Manu...

Assume Manu retires next summer, and Duncan signs on for up to $7Million/year that summer, we'd be talking roughly a max contract worth of space, assuming everyone else was released. That would be 9 bodies, the taxpayers MLE, the biannual exception, and vet min contracts. That's a workable roster.