PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kobe: We're Not Going To Put Up With People Like Duncan and Nowitski

Koolaid_Man
05-12-2015, 11:44 PM
:lol Kobe swinging his grown man stick....and Kobe's right...neither one of them won a title by giving a home team discount...

Kobe Bryant has received plenty of criticism in recent years for demanding large salaries while other players such as Dirk Nowitzki and Tim Duncan have given their teams hometown discounts.

But Bryant now says it is those players who made the mistake of forfeiting some of their earning potential and putting more money back into the pockets of the owners.

In a recent interview with Tim McMahon of ESPNDallas.com (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11914742/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-hometown-discount-deals-big-coup-owners), Kobe blamed the trend of veterans taking discount contracts on public pressure for the player to make it easier for the front office to create a winner. Bryant not only says it is a bad idea but makes it clear that it needs to stop pointing out that Michelle Roberts, the head of the players' association, won't put up with them either.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/kobe-bryant-quote-1.png_zpsukw3ioky.jpg

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/kobe-bryant-criticizes-discount-contracts-2014-11#ixzz3ZzSiX34g

Thread
05-12-2015, 11:48 PM
GD rights...

Kool Aid Man

Buddy Mignon
05-12-2015, 11:49 PM
It don't matter what Kobe thinks on this one. Once the media is on board... it's law.

Koolaid_Man
05-12-2015, 11:51 PM
It don't matter what Kobe thinks on this one. Once the media is on board... it's law.

Let's hope not...hopfully this new generation of players is more like Kobe and less like Duncan and Nowitski....those two are puttin salt in the game

Koolaid_Man
05-12-2015, 11:53 PM
GD rights...

Kool Aid Man

yep...and then what do the Spurs do...they go off and give Kiwi a max contract for clearly declining offensive input when he's asked to do more...:lol

AlexJones
05-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Dirk's paycut in retrospect is pretty fucking embarrassing.

How about leaving 60 mil on the table for Cuban to field a worse team than last year lol

Buddy Mignon
05-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Let's hope not...hopfully this new generation of players is more like Kobe and less like Duncan and Nowitski....those two are puttin salt in the game

Nope... they've already swallowed the pill. The media used Lebron to lead the charge when he bolted to Miami. When Kobe signed his well deserved extension they all sat back quietly and watched the media crucify him for what he earned. Any other time they'd be on twitter talking shit.

Koolaid_Man
05-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Nope... they've already swallowed the pill. The media used Lebron to lead the charge when he bolted to Miami. When Kobe signed his well deserved extension they all sat back quietly and watched the media crucify him for what he earned. Any other time they'd be on twitter talking shit.

Lebron has always been jealous of Kobe....nigga thought he could go to London and pick up ho's and found out the hard way that he just didn't have that Kobe swagger....couldn't even take the bitch to the mess hall for a cheeseburger while Kobe got his shirt off partying with bitches left and right:lol

spurraider21
05-13-2015, 12:03 AM
kobe can do whatever he wants. the current state of the lakers is the result. if one guy wants to take every last dollar he can get... more power to him. but the franchise will suffer

i'm glad you fanboys are enjoying kobe's earnings as your team is in the shitter

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2015, 12:06 AM
kobe can do whatever he wants. the current state of the lakers is the result. if one guy wants to take every last dollar he can get... more power to him. but the franchise will suffer

i'm glad you fanboys are enjoying kobe's earnings as your team is in the shitter

Kobe's bsically saying break yoself fool!!!! owners can afford to pay the luxury tax penalty....

Buddy Mignon
05-13-2015, 12:13 AM

Ok... Jim and Dirk were convinced to take less than half. Yet they got put out in the first round.

m>s
05-13-2015, 12:22 AM
In reality though 10 mil is more than generous for what Dirk is able to bring at this point. But Kobe should shut up he doesn't even deserve the mle.

Buddy Mignon
05-13-2015, 12:24 AM
In reality though 10 mil is more than generous for what Dirk is able to bring at this point. But Kobe should shut up he doesn't even deserve the mle.

WRONG! I know what Dirk was thinking. He figured he'd take that loss and retire in Kenya for the win...:lmao

mkurts
05-13-2015, 12:37 AM
Kobe is in line for a bigger payday, I hope the Lakers FO understand his importance and sign him to another 5 year 30% max contract after this one expires.

He will be the centerpiece of the next Laker Championship run.

spurraider21
05-13-2015, 12:40 AM
Kobe's bsically saying break yoself fool!!!! owners can afford to pay the luxury tax penalty....
the owners can afford to, no doubt. but the teams will suffer. and the lakers are suffering

spurraider21
05-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Ok... Jim and Dirk were convinced to take less than half. Yet they got put out in the first round.
Duncan's paycut came in the form of a 3 year, 30 million dollar deal. In those 3 years, the Spurs made 2 finals and won a ring.

Kobe's previous deal was 3/80. in those 3 years, they got bounced by OKC in round 2, swept by the Spurs in round 1, and then missed the playoffs entirely the following year
Kobe's current deal is 2/48.5... in year 1, they are vying for a top 5 pick :lol... year 2 won't be any better

Silver&Black
05-13-2015, 12:43 AM
neither one of them won a title by giving a home team discount...

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/AP_Spurs3_140616_DG_16x9_992.jpg

DMC
05-13-2015, 12:50 AM
I'm on record here more than once for saying I don't blame Kobe for the contract, I blame the Lakers. It was a business decision, not a competition one. Kobe should take whatever he can get. I went head to head with people during the most recent lockout about it, people who said players should take pay cuts to have competitive careers. I have said repeatedly that a career is first and foremost about building your fortune, and that's what Kobe et al have done, but what's not made apparent is that the owners never sign any limitation to their profits. Sure they can lose money, but they can make billions off a guy who's making a measly sum in comparison. No, it's not slavery or anything like it, but it is capitalizing on the uneducated people who fawn over the appearance of propriety and have no idea what lies just beyond those walls where kings feast.

Splits
05-13-2015, 12:58 AM
Oh look, Capri Son posting an article from last year.

:lmao played his last playoff game at age 33
:lmao only Laker "star" to "lead" the franchise to 3 missed playoffs
:lmao trying to defend $48.5
:lmao Lakers irrelevant for the next 5-10 years thanks to The Contract
:lmao Knicks West
:lmao Byron Scott
:lmao Chaz
:lmao Dr. Buss dead

Sean Cagney
05-13-2015, 01:15 AM
:lol He will lose the rest of his career.

Buddy Mignon
05-13-2015, 01:24 AM
I'm on record here more than once for saying I don't blame Kobe for the contract, I blame the Lakers. It was a business decision, not a competition one. Kobe should take whatever he can get. I went head to head with people during the most recent lockout about it, people who said players should take pay cuts to have competitive careers. I have said repeatedly that a career is first and foremost about building your fortune, and that's what Kobe et al have done, but what's not made apparent is that the owners never sign any limitation to their profits. Sure they can lose money, but they can make billions off a guy who's making a measly sum in comparison. No, it's not slavery or anything like it, but it is capitalizing on the uneducated people who fawn over the appearance of propriety and have no idea what lies just beyond those walls where kings feast.

Yup...

ElNono
05-13-2015, 01:36 AM
big fan of current Vino, tbh... completely destroyed that franchise and turned lakerfan into a bunch of irrelevant faggots...

Thread
05-13-2015, 05:11 AM

Shitting the bed immediately out of the gate in a repeat protocol is "shitter" as well, 21.

Thread
05-13-2015, 05:13 AM
big fan of current Vino, tbh... completely destroyed that franchise and turned lakerfan into a bunch of irrelevant faggots...

You got nary room,,,your boy gave your 1st 5th back. By rights you should still hunting a triple. Instead? You let the Clippers break your fuckin' hole.

AlexJones
05-13-2015, 05:14 AM
You got nary room,,,your boy gave your 1st 5th back. By rights you should still hunting a triple. Instead? You let the Clippers break your fuckin' hole.

:lol they should be hunting a quadruple next year tbh

Duncan 8 Kobe 5 jesus christ

Thread
05-13-2015, 05:18 AM
:lol they should be hunting a quadruple next year tbh

Duncan 8 Kobe 5 jesus christ

Absolutely. Instead they're in love with a gay 40-year-old black man who misplaced $25 million & an NBA Title.

Franklin
05-13-2015, 06:04 AM
Kobe is right in a way. I'd rather see the money given to the veterans for their past contributions to the team, than to scrubs like Splitter and Parsons tbh. The vets take discounts to save money for the team, but the money will still be wasted on overrated dipshits regardless.

LkrFan
05-13-2015, 06:07 AM
Dirk's paycut in retrospect is pretty fucking embarrassing.

How about leaving 60 mil on the table for Cuban to field a worse team than last year lol

:lmao

Chillen
05-13-2015, 06:31 AM
But Bryant now says it is those players who made the mistake of forfeiting some of their earning potential and putting more money back into the pockets of the owners.

Not if they consented, which they did. So they knew fully well they would make less and the team would benefit more. It's called a sacrifice not a mistake. I don't blame Kobe for taking that contract, but he is going to lose the rest of his career.

Franklin
05-13-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm not trying to justify Kobe's greed and Kobe is about my least favorite player in the world but I don't think the team can always benefit from their best players' taking less, tbh. Dirk took the paycut and the money saved was then given to soft scrub Parsons, it just makes no sense to me to pay a role player twice the money your franchise player makes. And the same happens in San Antonio as well (paying dipshits like Splitter and Diaw almost as much as Duncan gets paid).

I'm not sure about the Spurs and Duncan, Duncan took the paycut and it seemed to have worked since they won the championship last year, but I think that Dirk indeed made a mistake taking less to stay in Dallas. He should've accepted the Lockets max offer, and intentionally played bad there to the extent where they had to waive him, then the Mavs would be able to sign him back for vet minimum. It would've saved the Mavs even more money and meanwhile screwed up the Lockets' payroll, and Dirk would've got the salary he's worthy of, killing three birds with one stone tbh.

Thread
05-13-2015, 08:44 AM
So, owners unlike the players want to privatize their winnings, but, socialize their losses.

I understand. And so does Kobe.

ElNono
05-13-2015, 10:44 AM

Actually, I have all the room considering the constant deflection... your response validates that.

jsandiego
05-13-2015, 10:47 AM
I don't blame Tim & Dirk for taking less to work and play ball with a stable group of people that has success.

I also don't blame Kobe one bit for taking what the market will give him. He doesn't have group camaraderie to maintain and future success looks shaky.

Thread
05-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Actually, I have all the room considering the constant deflection... your response validates that.

El, sweetheart, if Amy stays home and makes turkey pot pie you're less than 30 days to a triple into the deep corner.

Instead, the Clippers jammed a popsicle stick up your woo-woo and 10 days later you like it.

Crawl, motherfucker, crawl!!!!!!!!!

ElNono
05-13-2015, 10:53 AM
El, sweetheart, if Amy stays home and makes turkey pot pie you're less than 30 days to a triple into the deep corner.

Instead, the Clippers jammed a popsicle stick up your woo-woo and 10 days later you like it.

:lol nu, uh, I'm not going to let you deflect to the Spurs.

Vino destroyed that franchise and made you irrelevant, having to gloat about somebody else's accomplishments. Who you are now is all him. It's beautiful. Vino

Killakobe81
05-13-2015, 10:55 AM

Well said. Players are rich (relative) owners are wealthy. And like you I argued for Lebron (not Kobe) to take these deep pocketed but short armed owners to the financial wood-shed. Kobe is being paid for marketing and prior services rendered ...Lebron has been the best player in the game at least 5 years running ...He should not have to take less. and the lux tax penalties should be less punitive. Lebron bucked because he wanted to get back and still dominate ...but he is the one suffering the most. No it's not slavery and James is doing well financially with Sprite, KIA, BEATS, Mcdonald's etc. But doesnt matter he is leaving millions upon millions on the table in this new CBA ...

ambchang
05-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Kobe can't force his ideals on an unattractive hotel worker in Colorado.
What makes him think he can force it down a couple of alphas?

Thread
05-13-2015, 10:58 AM
:lol nu, uh, I'm not going to let you deflect to the Spurs.

Vino destroyed that franchise and made you irrelevant, having to gloat about somebody else's accomplishments. Who you are now is all him. It's beautiful. Vino

So, you're not going to suffer for 10 days without back biting?

You pussy. You can dish it, but, you cannot take it.

Thread
05-13-2015, 10:58 AM

You got nary room. Your Neal raped.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2015, 10:59 AM

:lol

Thread
05-13-2015, 11:00 AM
:lol

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

ElNono
05-13-2015, 11:02 AM
So, you're not going to suffer for 10 days without back biting?

You pussy. You can dish it, but, you cannot take it.

I'm talking about my appreciation for current Vino. Not sure what that has to do with the Spurs.

My team had a good run for 3 seasons in a row... really, the big "suffering" here is figuring out if TD and Manu are coming back or we become what you've been for the past 3 seasons...

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Duncan's paycut came in the form of a 3 year, 30 million dollar deal. In those 3 years, the Spurs made 2 finals and won a ring.

Kobe's previous deal was 3/80. in those 3 years, they got bounced by OKC in round 2, swept by the Spurs in round 1, and then missed the playoffs entirely the following year
Kobe's current deal is 2/48.5... in year 1, they are vying for a top 5 pick :lol... year 2 won't be any better

Did you factor achilles into your cowshit analysis? Kobe inc. Is a global brand whereas Tim Duncan is not....Timmy has been taking losses for years and particularly these last 5 yrs....he's given more than half back to Amy to maintain his secret...he's lost 23 million to bad investments and on top of old smokey he's suckered into paying for a 5th ring out of his personal bank account....he lost that money when he gave 5 back...then he paid some more and finally bought his 5th ring for a total of literally 30 million dollars which is what he gave up...:lol

Let me be at the end of my successful career in corporate America and they owe (by virtue of what the market will dictate) and have no choice but to pay me lets say a bonus of 2 million....let me hear them try and talk me into taking only 200,000....only a dam fool would do it....he helped himself in no way by taking less to get to 5..if anything future endorsements will be affected because the sponsors know they can low ball the dude....i don't see what good that college education did for him tbh....

Thread
05-13-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm talking about my appreciation for current Vino. Not sure what that has to do with the Spurs.

My team had a good run for 3 seasons in a row... really, the big "suffering" here is figuring out if TD and Manu are coming back or we become what you've been for the past 3 seasons...

"good run" my sweet ass. You broke even then crapped out Vs. the Clippers by losing two home games.

& now you want to take off after Kobe. You motherfucker, you, you're incapable of taking it. You can only dish it.

You have no decency. No self awareness. You're just a taker.

ElNono
05-13-2015, 11:21 AM
"good run" my sweet ass. You broke even then crapped out Vs. the Clippers by losing two home games.

& now you want to take off after Kobe. You motherfucker, you, you're incapable of taking it. You can only dish it.

You have no decency. No self awareness. You're just a taker.

You don't want to talk about your own 21 and 27 wins team. Talk about having no decency. You should get that logo stripped from under your username.

ElNono
05-13-2015, 11:22 AM
Good luck in the lottery though. I think that's soon? :lol

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2015, 11:24 AM
So 30 million back to the Spurs....23 million to bad wine....1 million to an illegal alien cuck....and lord knows how much to amy to be quiet...without the Amy factor thats 54 million right off the top...im sure Amy got another 50 million...it's like Luva said over 100 million down the drain...i would be taking no shorts if i were him

Thread
05-13-2015, 11:27 AM
You don't want to talk about your own 21 and 27 wins team. Talk about having no decency. You should get that logo stripped from under your username.

Not now, idiot. This is your time to suffer a gross examination. But, you only want to take the rings. SF never bares his soul, ever, so, we're all cheated. But, you can't see that. You only care about yourself, your needs. You will not stand before the company at total loss. You, like CN, DMC and Midst deny the loss, ignore it, so, it rests there because you guys won't share it. Instead, you selfishly, like a child reach for "Kobe."

You're a cheat.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

Antics and semantics, I heard you were better than that.

Killakobe81
05-13-2015, 11:29 AM
What makes him think he can force it down a couple of alphas?

I thought he did force it (according to this site) wasn't that the problem?

Killakobe81
05-13-2015, 11:30 AM
Not now, idiot. This is your time to suffer a gross examination. But, you only want to take the rings. SF never bares his soul, ever, so, we're all cheated. But, you can't see that. You only care about yourself, your needs. You will not stand before the company at total loss. You, like CN, DMC and Midst deny the loss, ignore it, so, it rests there because you guys won't share it. Instead, you selfishly, like a child reach for "Kobe."

You're a cheat.

Thread taking niccas down low going hard in the paint ...

Thread
05-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Antics and semantics, I heard you were better than that.

Tell us how losing the ability, the opportunity to repeat next month feels, Addy. No fuckin' Kobe, no fuckin' 6-24, no fuckin' Eagle rape, no fuckin' MVPau, just tell it...once upon a time...

ambchang
05-13-2015, 11:47 AM
I thought he did force it (according to this site) wasn't that the problem?

Nope, he forced it upon the shower stall though.

ElNono
05-13-2015, 11:48 AM

You're a cheat.

:lol We didn't bring Vino into this discussion, OP did.

But this is the bitterness Vino created. It's all him, and it's gorgeous. Vino

DMC
05-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Absolutely. Instead they're in love with a gay 40-year-old black man who misplaced $25 million & an NBA Title.
But didn't murder his child to fuck a class D prostitute in Colorado.

DMC
05-13-2015, 11:59 AM

You're a cheat.
Your franchise missed the playoffs b2b while paying Gilbert Arenas 2.0 50m to tweet about things other than basketball. In the interim the TOSB has been to the top of the mountain twice and knotted it up forever and that really sticks in your craw.

What's even worse is you think TOSB isn't done yet.

Thread
05-13-2015, 12:02 PM
What's even worse is you think TOSB isn't done yet.

"worse"? I ain't like you, D, I don't conform my learned opinions to my nurtured hatreds.

Thread
05-13-2015, 12:04 PM

We've been murdering children for nigh on 45 years, D,,,now, NOW you take exception.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Tell us how losing the ability, the opportunity to repeat next month feels, Addy. No fuckin' Kobe, no fuckin' 6-24, no fuckin' Eagle rape, no fuckin' MVPau, just tell it...once upon a time...

I'm surprisingly calm, and I'm being strait forward about it. I have no pain as I tend to handle those things within the moment as opposed to lamenting about it excessively, or suppressing it in a unhealthy way. Those days are long gone. And in my opinion, a sign of weakness if either are done habitually.

Koolaid_Man
05-13-2015, 12:35 PM

I'd rather kill my own seed than shoot it in another mans ass :lol

Budkin
05-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Kobe needs to retire.

Thread
05-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Kobe needs to retire.

Why, Bud? He can't play right now. It happens.

DMC
05-13-2015, 01:01 PM
"worse"? I ain't like you, D, I don't conform my learned opinions to my nurtured hatreds.

Nurtured hatreds are useless if they don't shape your learned opinions.

DMC
05-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Why, Bud? He can't play right now. It happens.

Every year around this time it seems.

UZER
05-13-2015, 01:25 PM

Dish but can't take. Poor cubby

Thread
05-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Every year around this time it seems.

Grim business. But, he never let me down. Now? It's my turn. Try, just try and drag me away.

Thread
05-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Nurtured hatreds are useless if they don't shape your learned opinions.

So, I'm supposed to predict the Spurs to be total shit because I hate the Spurs?

DMC
05-13-2015, 01:39 PM
So, I'm supposed to predict the Spurs to be total shit because I hate the Spurs?

You've basically labeled Tim as a shit bag even after he just rang, so sure.

Thread
05-13-2015, 01:41 PM
You've basically labeled Tim as a shit bag even after he just rang, so sure.

That's you who marries their loves & hates.

It never even crossed my mind. And it never will.

DMC
05-13-2015, 01:49 PM
That's you who marries their loves & hates.

It never even crossed my mind. And it never will.

So back to my original point: What's worse is that you thing Tim isn't done yet, and that "knotted up" could be in jeopardy. Being tied is bad, but being behind is a death sentence here. You'd have to find more personal dirt on Pop or Tim to have any audience.

baseline bum
05-13-2015, 01:50 PM

You want to talk crawling son, how about you begging Dwight Howard a second time, this time to save you from a Clippers WCF appearance? Man you used to be somebody. Christ, where did it go wrong? Was it 48.5 or did all fall apart at 48? I just remember there used to be a culburn who stood tall, now all we see is belly dragging to kiss up to a pedo who already told you no two summers ago.

FkLA
05-13-2015, 01:56 PM
If its capspace that goes into improving the team how is it benefiting the owners? This fag claims to be all about winning but doesn't mind crippling the team financially--can't have it both ways tbh.

DMC
05-13-2015, 02:08 PM
If its capspace that goes into improving the team how is it benefiting the owners? This fag claims to be all about winning but doesn't mind crippling the team financially--can't have it both ways tbh.

By keeping owners out of the luxury tax if they want to be competitive. Does cap space not benefit owners? If it benefits the success of the team, it benefits the owners.

FkLA
05-13-2015, 02:13 PM
By keeping owners out of the luxury tax if they want to be competitive. Does cap space not benefit owners? If it benefits the success of the team, it benefits the owners.

It's capspace that's meant to be spent on FAs though. As far as luxury tax, it could always be used to retain other players on the team. Point being I still think the Lakers would have a huge payroll even without Kirby getting 30 mill/yr.

DMC
05-13-2015, 02:18 PM
It's capspace that's meant to be spent on FAs though. As far as luxury tax, it could always be used to retain other players on the team. Point being I still think the Lakers would have a huge payroll even without Kirby getting 30 mill/yr.

It would mean the owners are making more off the same huge payroll though. Even Jack doesn't want to watch the Lakers now, and they're still paying Kobe the same amount. You cannot tell me 3 superstars making 20m a year wouldn't draw more viewers than one broke down chucker who hasn't played a full season since 2011.

Thread
05-13-2015, 02:24 PM
You want to talk crawling son, how about you begging Dwight Howard a second time, this time to save you from a Clippers WCF appearance? Man you used to be somebody. Christ, where did it go wrong? Was it 48.5 or did all fall apart at 48? I just remember there used to be a culburn who stood tall, now all we see is belly dragging to kiss up to a pedo who already told you no two summers ago.

I've always had a soft spot for Howard even though I rejected him on merit. The particulars are easily recognized. Still, he's the lesser of two evils. I certainly don't want the Clippers to advance. They could go thru. The Rockets? Not such a probability. I have two choices, just two.

Thread
05-13-2015, 02:27 PM
So back to my original point: What's worse is that you thing Tim isn't done yet, and that "knotted up" could be in jeopardy. Being tied is bad, but being behind is a death sentence here. You'd have to find more personal dirt on Pop or Tim to have any audience.

& again, just because I hate the Spurs that hatred will not cloud my judgment of them. No way. I believed they were going to repeat and quite easily so and I stated thusly.

I'm better than you. Me.

DMC
05-13-2015, 02:32 PM
& again, just because I hate the Spurs that hatred will not cloud my judgment of them. No way. I believed they were going to repeat and quite easily so and I stated thusly.

I'm better than you. Me.
If you were you'd not need to proclaim it. It would be apparent to everyone. Instead you lie about your "going to be a problem" take and then act like it was "trolol".

Thread
05-13-2015, 02:36 PM
If you were you'd not need to proclaim it. It would be apparent to everyone. Instead you lie about your "going to be a problem" take and then act like it was "trolol".

You're a fool.

tlongII
05-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Who cares what Kobe thinks? Dude is irrelevant.

DMC
05-13-2015, 02:39 PM
You're a fool.
That should make you feel even worse tbh.

Thread
05-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Who cares what Kobe thinks? Dude is irrelevant.

You're still a sorehead over '00 when Kobe ignited and led us out of the darkness over your dead body.

Thread
05-13-2015, 02:40 PM
That should make you feel even worse tbh.

It's no picnic that's for damn sure.

tlongII
05-13-2015, 02:45 PM
You're still a sorehead over '00 when Kobe ignited and led us out of the darkness over your dead body.

Of course I'm still pissed about that travesty of officiating. Doesn't change the fact that he's irrelevant.

Clipper Nation
05-13-2015, 02:50 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Howard even though I rejected him on merit. The particulars are easily recognized.
You cited him as a "loser" and mocked him for "skinnin' and grinnin'" at center court in the Finals, Dale. Now you've gone crawling to him, just like your Bryant did in that fateful summer of '13. It's chickenshit & piss-pot.

Dex
05-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Can't wait for the One-Legged Kobester to sign another 80 million dollar contract. He's drooling over that TV money.

DMC
05-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Of course I'm still pissed about that travesty of officiating. Doesn't change the fact that he's irrelevant.

Aside from Lebron, the two relevant things in the NBA are:

Will Tim retire
Will Kobe retire

When those two are gone, it's Lebron's show only especially if KD is crippled. Yeah there's Curry and Paul and Blake and those assholes back East, but let's be honest here.. who cares?

FkLA
05-13-2015, 03:38 PM
It would mean the owners are making more off the same huge payroll though. Even Jack doesn't want to watch the Lakers now, and they're still paying Kobe the same amount. You cannot tell me 3 superstars making 20m a year wouldn't draw more viewers than one broke down chucker who hasn't played a full season since 2011.

Sure but I doubt he meant it that way. That would basically mean he implied he took more money so the Lakers wouldn't be successful. I mean it's essentially what happened but he would never admit to it since it would go against his 'ultimate winner' narrative.

DMC
05-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Sure but I doubt he meant it that way. That would basically mean he implied he took more money so the Lakers wouldn't be successful. I mean it's essentially what happened but he would never admit to it since it would go against his 'ultimate winner' narrative.

Just to simplify things:

Kobe's position is that other players who've played for less have hurt his ability to earn more without looking like a douchebag for doing so. The fact is that the owner didn't take less for tickets, didn't expect to earn less, just wanted to field a better team under the cap space. In a smaller market that's important. In LA, players can demand more money because the team will make a ton of money regardless.

Kobe was just deflecting the criticism to other people. It's like me saying you've damaged my ability to pass up stranded motorists because you stopped to help, making me look bad.

DarrinS
05-13-2015, 04:04 PM
So, KirbyFan is proud that his contract is holding the team hostage? I don't get it.

Killakobe81
05-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Just to simplify things:

Kobe's position is that other players who've played for less have hurt his ability to earn more without looking like a douchebag for doing so. The fact is that the owner didn't take less for tickets, didn't expect to earn less, just wanted to field a better team under the cap space. In a smaller market that's important. In LA, players can demand more money because the team will make a ton of money regardless.

Kobe was just deflecting the criticism to other people. It's like me saying you've damaged my ability to pass up stranded motorists because you stopped to help, making me look bad.

You may be right that he is deflecting but your analogy is poor. Kobe of course cares about himself first and foremost (duh) but he was part of the block of players that did not want to cave in the CBA negotiations (as was Wade).

For a guy that understands wealth it's about the end game. There is a another CBA impasse on the horizon and if Kobe can play (I hope he retires) he doesn't want the owners railroading them again. Same with Bron. He has been dropping hints that the max for NBA players is way out of alignment with MLB ... we will see how it shakes out in the end ...

Silver&Black
05-13-2015, 05:32 PM
You got nary room. Your Neal raped.

http://i.imgur.com/XpLUtp8.png

Silver&Black
05-13-2015, 05:42 PM
So, KirbyFan is proud that his contract is holding the team hostage? I don't get it.

:cry B-B-B-But he's got more money than Jim.

tlongII
05-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Aside from Lebron, the two relevant things in the NBA are:

Will Tim retire
Will Kobe retire

When those two are gone, it's Lebron's show only especially if KD is crippled. Yeah there's Curry and Paul and Blake and those assholes back East, but let's be honest here.. who cares?

Wrong. Nobody outside of LA cares about Kobe. At least Duncan can still play.

Thread
05-13-2015, 09:48 PM
Wrong. Nobody outside of LA cares about Kobe. At least Duncan can still play.

He couldn't even get his lame ass out of Round 1 after leading 3-2.

mkurts
05-13-2015, 10:01 PM
Kobe is in line for a bigger payday, I hope the Lakers FO understand his importance and sign him to another 5 year 30% max contract after this one expires.

He will be the centerpiece of the next Laker Championship run.

Thread
05-13-2015, 10:05 PM
^3-2, goin' home and you fucked it up.

A milk run for a repeat and fell flat on your face.

ha, ha.

tlongII
05-13-2015, 10:36 PM

Where was Kobe?

glen907
05-14-2015, 12:09 AM
AND that's why the lakers are where they are, thank you kobe, at least dirk and duncan have tasted the playoffs the last few years while kobe has been MIA. When you've already earned 9 figures in salary for your career sometimes things like winning becomes more important than earning more money. To each his own, Kobe got his bread and need to stfu when it comes to other players and their business especially when his team is only competing for lottery picks

Drachen
05-14-2015, 12:15 AM

And your boy is setting records.

Records for missed fga and records for most losses in team history

Thread
05-14-2015, 01:05 AM
Where was Kobe?

Next to me,,,shinin' shoes.

Thread
05-14-2015, 01:07 AM
AND that's why the lakers are where they are, thank you kobe, at least dirk and duncan have tasted the playoffs the last few years while kobe has been MIA. When you've already earned 9 figures in salary for your career sometimes things like winning becomes more important than earning more money. To each his own, Kobe got his bread and need to stfu when it comes to other players and their business especially when his team is only competing for lottery picks

Up to 3-2, and you couldn't finish it. Tailor made Repeat, and you couldn't finish it.

You're new though, not a hair on your fuckin' ass.

I spit on you. And if I catch you down here again, I'll ride you until they send Kori to make me stop.

Try me, fatso.

Splits
05-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Next to me,,,shinin' shoes.

Playin' his last meaningful game at age 33

Christ

AlexJones
05-14-2015, 02:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMco6g2WmY
Mayweather on UFC's Ronda Rousey: I Don't Know Who He Is.. Koolaid_Man

Ditty
05-14-2015, 03:08 AM
Isn't Kobe trying to make up all the money he paid Vanessa, and the white girl in Colorado?

Koolaid_Man
05-14-2015, 06:16 AM
Did you factor achilles into your cowshit analysis? Kobe inc. Is a global brand whereas Tim Duncan is not....Timmy has been taking losses for years and particularly these last 5 yrs....he's given more than half back to Amy to maintain his secret...he's lost 23 million to bad investments and on top of old smokey he's suckered into paying for a 5th ring out of his personal bank account....he lost that money when he gave 5 back...then he paid some more and finally bought his 5th ring for a total of literally 30 million dollars which is what he gave up...:lol

Let me be at the end of my successful career in corporate America and they owe (by virtue of what the market will dictate) and have no choice but to pay me lets say a bonus of 2 million....let me hear them try and talk me into taking only 200,000....only a dam fool would do it....he helped himself in no way by taking less to get to 5..if anything future endorsements will be affected because the sponsors know they can low ball the dude....i don't see what good that college education did for him tbh....

^ This is it and this is all....

Koolaid_Man
05-14-2015, 06:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMco6g2WmY
Mayweather on UFC's Ronda Rousey: I Don't Know Who He Is..

Koolaid_Man (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19058)

:lmao he can get fucked though

Thread
05-14-2015, 08:51 AM
Playin' his last meaningful game at age 33

Christ

He never gave an NBA Title away like your Duncan did, Splits. That's egregious. You had it,,,in the case, safe & sound, selling your do-do,,,on the tube, boob style. & then POOF...over. Over-over.

Sweetheart, in less than month you should be tripling to 7. Instead?>>>Shine, motherfucker, let's talk about sports & shine together.

unleashbaynes
05-14-2015, 08:53 AM
rofl sure dude easier said than done.

unleashbaynes
05-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Btw, why are the majority of threads in this section about players and teams that have already been eliminated by other teams/life in general?

Thread
05-14-2015, 08:58 AM
rofl sure dude easier said than done.

Leash, angel pie, you had the first two, correct? Correct. Then 3-2 comin' home to the yellow rose,,,,,,Shaved pussy, Leash.

You fucked it up because Duncan fucked around when Amy came a knockin' for the boodle. He's gives her the boodle then, THEN, your triple would be imminent. He ended up giving it to her after 6 anyway.

What a fuckin' fool.

Thread
05-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Btw, why are the majority of threads in this section about players and teams that have already been eliminated by other teams/life in general?

Because we're jazzed that you stepped on a pop top, blew out your flip flop & had to cruise on back home.

unleashbaynes
05-14-2015, 09:06 AM
:lol like i said, easier said than done broski. if you wanna play what ifs we were one ping pong ball away from zero championships so the current reality is fine with me.

Thread
05-14-2015, 09:14 AM
:lol like i said, easier said than done broski. if you wanna play what ifs we were one ping pong ball away from zero championships so the current reality is fine with me.

But, 2/3 was (done). This 3rd would have been the easiest. You had it at 3-2 going home. The % on finishing then must be substantial. Amb? You're always quick with the numbers when it suits you. Chop/chop.

7, you had 7 just as sure as the turnin' of the earth. And you fellows were prefacing it with the shout out that we really only had 9, not 16. tee, hee.

unleashbaynes
05-14-2015, 09:19 AM
was? would have? had? please. what ifs are for losers.

King Emmanuel
05-14-2015, 09:24 AM

man i don't know what happened. this was supposed to be another easy title win but we fucked up by being so content with last year

Thread
05-14-2015, 09:27 AM
was? would have? had? please. what ifs are for losers.

Leash, you had the first two in there. That's 2/3 of triple. True, I am projecting on the third leg of the triple crown, but, you were 3-2 going home, dude, HOME. The % has to be close to 90.

Every expectation is true that you'd have 7 come 30 days. You'd come after our 16, degrade it to 9, bend us over, lower our Fruits, advise us to grab our ankles and bust our collective knots, balloon style. And we'd have to take it. Sure, Mitch would probably enjoy it, but, we'd all have to take it.

9-7 ain't chicken feed. It's approachable, doable, 8 next year,,,then we're running for lives across the country,,,Kool in Brentwood, Luva in Van Nuys, Me in the Reading Room, Killa at Sing Sing,,,WOW!

Thread
05-14-2015, 09:28 AM
man i don't know what happened. this was supposed to be another easy title win but we fucked up by being so content with last year

Like a dream for a 60+ year old with ED living on a fixed pension.

King Emmanuel
05-14-2015, 09:31 AM

did u at least try to rub that 1 incher after we lost

AlexJones
05-14-2015, 10:25 AM

crofl

Findog
05-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Honestly, I love Dirk, but for what he is at this point in his career, he's not underpaid. And guys like Dirk and Duncan, they've made plenty of money. If they invest it wisely after retirement, it'll grow and their grandkids won't have to ever worry about money. But maybe unlike Kobe, guys like Dirk and Duncan would rather be in a situation where they still play for a good team whose season doesn't end in April. And taking a $20 million plus annual salary doesn't allow for that.

Honestly the bigger issue that Kobe is getting at it is the owners raped the players in the last CBA. If the players got a higher percentage of BRI, guys like Dirk and Duncan wouldn't have to take paycuts so their teams could properly fill out their rosters.

Mark in Austin
05-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Please. As long as there is a cap and lux tax this is a zero sum game. Where was Kobe with his public pronouncements and principled stands when the players union fucking caved and gave the owners the current CBA? Now that every team has essentially the same amount of money to spend, some vets take less to get more help. It is what it is. But maybe, just maybe, standing on the podium with arms spread and a trophy in your hand is worth more to some players than an extra 5M-10M when you already have more money that you could ever spend.

Doesn't matter though, because even with limited cap space the Lakers haven't been able to get Kobe help. I'm praying that LA signs Rondo and Love this offseason. The betting lines in Vegas on who comes to blows first, Kobe and Rondo or Byron and Rondo will be fun to watch. If Love comes he'll have a one year opt out. Watch him follow Dwight to Houston next year. :lol

Thread
05-14-2015, 11:53 AM
^3-2 goin' back to Texas.

You failure, you.

Mark in Austin
05-14-2015, 12:11 PM
^3-2 goin' back to Texas.

You failure, you.

I didn't fail, the Spurs did. After a four year run that included 1 WCF appearence and two finals appearences, they ran out of gas. So this summer they'll go back to the drawing board and re-tool. Bring in a few new faces. Maybe say goodbye to some. And next year, they'll be right back at it chasing number 6. Because that's what the Spurs do.

Meanwhile good luck with that draft lottery thing. Is Kobe going to try to recruit any players this summer?

Thread
05-14-2015, 12:13 PM
I didn't fail, the Spurs did.

:rolleyes

Mark in Austin
05-14-2015, 12:25 PM
:rolleyes

:lol all you need is to add a "bitch, please" to that and you'd be the perfect NBA groupie.

Have fun with Rondo and another Fredo/Mitch pick in the lottery next year.

Thread
05-14-2015, 12:36 PM
:lol all you need is to add a "bitch, please" to that and you'd be the perfect NBA groupie.

Have fun with Rondo and another Fredo/Mitch pick in the lottery next year.

At least we never gave 1 back. What we've put in that case has remained in there undisturbed.

All your jackassin' has come to haunt ya:::"Duncan's marriage is solid unlike Kobe's." --- "We don't employ rapists unlike the Lakers." --- "Our players manage their wealth without getting taken to the cleaners." --- "Pop wears the mask, the mask doesn't wear Pop." --- "We didn't keep a count till Dale showed us how." --- "We didn't know how to properly hate until Dale showed us how."

whitemamba
05-14-2015, 12:43 PM
The sad truth is that of anyone was in the position to take more, I know every fat fuck on here would take the bigger check. :lol at people thinking they are humble ? Everyone wants more.

Mark in Austin
05-14-2015, 12:47 PM
At least we never gave 1 back. What we've put in that case has remained in there undisturbed."

WTF are you talking about? Every champ gives it back eventually. Lakers did in '03 when the Spurs beat them so bad they literally made Kobe cry, and in '11 when they were swept by the fucking Mavericks.

Thread
05-14-2015, 02:28 PM
WTF are you talking about? Every champ gives it back eventually. Lakers did in '03 when the Spurs beat them so bad they literally made Kobe cry, and in '11 when they were swept by the fucking Mavericks.

That's not giving one back though. We put 16 in there and 16 are still in there. You put 6 in there and there is now only 5 in there. You're light 1 because Duncan got mixed up with a white woman who double crossed him & broke his hole. When the smoke had cleared you were light an NBA Title. You came back last June and won your 5th for the second time.

Christ, just be still now.

Mark in Austin
05-14-2015, 02:45 PM
That's not giving one back though. We put 16 in there and 16 are still in there. You put 6 in there and there is now only 5 in there. You're light 1 because Duncan got mixed up with a white woman who double crossed him & broke his hole. When the smoke had cleared you were light an NBA Title. You came back last June and won your 5th for the second time.

Christ, just be still now.

So by that standard, when Kobe & Shaq couldn't put ego aside long enough to win rings for Malone and Payton against a starless Detroit team? Every team loses. Some just lose more than others. Enjoy Rondo executing Byron Scott's '80's offense next year. :lol

Thread
05-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Enjoy Rondo executing Byron Scott's '80's offense next year. :lol

I'm certainly willing to give it a try.

Ignignokt
05-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Kobe left a title with Ben Wallace in Detroit. He played discraceful, and was shut down by a skeleton and a football player posing as a pg.

Thread
05-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Kobe left a title with Ben Wallace in Detroit. He played discraceful, and was shut down by a skeleton and a football player posing as a pg.

It was not in the case like yours was. They were not selling our shit like they were selling your shit.

Now quit it.

Ignignokt
05-14-2015, 03:37 PM
It was not in the case like yours was. They were not selling our shit like they were selling your shit.

Now quit it.

Ofcourse not, it will never be a case like ours. Our Star shows up for the finals.

Killakobe81
05-14-2015, 03:38 PM
Please. As long as there is a cap and lux tax this is a zero sum game. Where was Kobe with his public pronouncements and principled stands when the players union fucking caved and gave the owners the current CBA? Now that every team has essentially the same amount of money to spend, some vets take less to get more help. It is what it is. But maybe, just maybe, standing on the podium with arms spread and a trophy in your hand is worth more to some players than an extra 5M-10M when you already have more money that you could ever spend.

Doesn't matter though, because even with limited cap space the Lakers haven't been able to get Kobe help. I'm praying that LA signs Rondo and Love this offseason. The betting lines in Vegas on who comes to blows first, Kobe and Rondo or Byron and Rondo will be fun to watch. If Love comes he'll have a one year opt out. Watch him follow Dwight to Houston next year. :lol

He did speak out so did Wade ...but Lebron had more sway ...

Thread
05-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Ofcourse not, it will never be a case like ours. Our Star shows up for the finals.

...one step ahead of Amy, eatin' on his ass to the point you had to give your 1st 5th back.

Amy

daslicer
05-14-2015, 04:35 PM
A lot of people ignore marginal utility theory. After a certain amount of money you no longer derive pleasure from it. Whats the difference between 210 mil vs 190 mil not much when it comes to satisfaction. I doubt Kobe is happy with all the extra cash he has vs a guy like Duncan or Dirk. Fact of the matter he's probably depressed as hell that he can't play despite having all of that money.

Thread
05-14-2015, 05:52 PM
A lot of people ignore marginal utility theory. After a certain amount of money you no longer derive pleasure from it. Whats the difference between 210 mil vs 190 mil not much when it comes to satisfaction. I doubt Kobe is happy with all the extra cash he has vs a guy like Duncan or Dirk. Fact of the matter he's probably depressed as hell that he can't play despite having all of that money.

And with Bryant it's a matter of principle. And Media is treacherous here...usually they'll side with the players, but, here, they're very careful and stealth in their behavior.

Of course he's depressed he hasn't been able to play. But, there is no correlation between this depression and the money he's being paid. He made a decision based on principle and can live with it. Had he gave the home town discount he would be miserable because it would be against his principles & convictions. "Duncan" & "Dirk" harm the union, harm the rank & file...and weaken both.

Koolaid_Man
05-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Cully puttin in work...go ahead my good friend this is our moment...

Thread
05-14-2015, 05:56 PM
...Hell, yes, Kool. We're gonna blast hair all over these fuckin' walls.

Mark in Austin
05-14-2015, 11:58 PM
Cully puttin in work...go ahead my good friend this is our moment...

Your moment??? Call me when the Lakers are sniffing the playoffs.