PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Here are the adjustments I would make if I was McHale...

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 06:37 PM
I would press the living [bleep] out of the Clippers. Tire them out. They've had at least 5-6 plane flights across 3 & 1/2 large states and at max one day's rest between 6-7 games for almost two weeks now after a long season and what had to be a taxing series against San Antonio while the Rockets rested for a week for this series. The Clips have to be tired, so press the living crap out of them. That may even help the team pick up the intensity that has been missing.

Speaking of pressing, apply more pressure on Chris Paul, whose hamstring may flare up. It may make him less effective. Have the 100 year-old point guards run around like a chicken with their head cut off and tire him out if not cause him to reinjure himself.

Take more charges and be more aggressive on offense. Along with what I've already said, the Clippers are not a deep team so not only do they have to be tired (and can be made more tired) but it would be an asset to get them in foul trouble. The games Jordan has been in foul trouble are the only wins so far for the Rockets.

Also, there needs to be better rebounding and collapse defense on Chris Paul. He may be arguably the best PG in the game but knowing he's being guarded by very old PG's and almost literally walking by them for an easy layup regularly, at least commission some help defense on him.

djohn2oo8
05-13-2015, 06:39 PM
The only adjustment is to play hard for 48 minutes.

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Did you even read what I wrote? They can play hard AND still try to exploit some things about the Clippers that just giving the ol' college try won't do.

Thread
05-13-2015, 06:47 PM
You can't press, Cal. It's harry high school. You're an adorable little shit, but, hush now.

baseline bum
05-13-2015, 06:48 PM
I'd tell Dwight to stop being such a pedophile.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2015, 07:07 PM
Hand the dry erase board to someone else. That's the real adjustment

DMC
05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
All teams in the NBA routinely fly across several states, often on b2b nights. That one day off is enough for world class athletes to recover. Besides all the things you said (which are basically entry level adjustments, things that the Rockets should be doing already) won't overcome the contribution factor of home crowd fueled bench guys like Barnes and Austin Rivers. If the Clippers get out to a lead, it's going to avalanche. Howard will melt down, Harden will retreat into his beard to separate himself from the debacle and another year in the books for Houston.

Meanwhile the Clippers will have time off to rest and prepare for probably the Warriors. That should be a good series, tons of 3's, no one to stop Jordan's offensive boards, Curry getting open looks.

Clipper Nation
05-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Sad thing is, McFail has outcoached Cock Quitters all series long other than Game 4.

DMC
05-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Sad thing is, McFail has outcoached Cock Quitters all series long other than Game 4.

What? Rockets were down 3-1. The Clippers are going to have 2 opportunities to close the series.

If the Clippers win, will you be happy or sad about it? It's hard to tell tbh.

Clipper Nation
05-13-2015, 07:24 PM
What? Rockets were down 3-1. The Clippers are going to have 2 opportunities to close the series.

If the Clippers win, will you be happy or sad about it? It's hard to tell tbh.
McFail has the inferior roster to work with and Cock still gifted two games away.

Of course I'll be happy with a series win... I'm just assuming now that the other shoe is going to drop instead like it always does with the Clippers.

DMC
05-13-2015, 07:31 PM
McFail has the inferior roster to work with and Cock still gifted two games away.

Of course I'll be happy with a series win... I'm just assuming now that the other shoe is going to drop instead like it always does with the Clippers.

Non sequitur. There's no "inferior roster" argument to be made here. Rockets have Howard, Harden, Josh Smith, Ariza, JET and a few other good players. Clippers have Paul and Blake, Jordan is a defensive and rebounding asset, not much else. The bench is horrible for the Blippers (blip on the radar every year), and other than Austin Rivers who elevated his stock value with a flukey performance, have been horrible. Big baby Davis? I don't think so.. Lose weight? not this guy.. Big baby, bringing home the bacon and eating it before he walks in the door, momma, there goes that man.

spurraider21
05-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Big baby Davis? I don't think so.. Lose weight? not this guy.. Big baby, bringing home the bacon and eating it before he walks in the door, momma, there goes that man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtZ7eXwT7o

StrengthAndHonor
05-13-2015, 07:46 PM
:lmao Another horrible Spurfan take

spurraider21
05-13-2015, 07:49 PM
:lmao Another horrible Spurfan take
:cry but he gave them funny names!

Clipper Nation
05-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Non sequitur. There's no "inferior roster" argument to be made here. Rockets have Howard, Harden, Josh Smith, Ariza, JET and a few other good players. Clippers have Paul and Blake, Jordan is a defensive and rebounding asset, not much else. The bench is horrible for the Blippers (blip on the radar every year), and other than Austin Rivers who elevated his stock value with a flukey performance, have been horrible. Big baby Davis? I don't think so.. Lose weight? not this guy.. Big baby, bringing home the bacon and eating it before he walks in the door, momma, there goes that man.
Houston has the worse stars and with the exception of last game, their role players have managed to look even shittier than ours. Should have been a sweep, now it's going to 6 and probably even a road game 7.

Franklin
05-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Agree, not to say that the Clippers only use an eight-monkey rotation. Even the Lockets have a much deeper bench than monkeyball tbh.

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 09:26 PM
All teams in the NBA routinely fly across several states, often on b2b nights. That one day off is enough for world class athletes to recover. Besides all the things you said (which are basically entry level adjustments, things that the Rockets should be doing already) won't overcome the contribution factor of home crowd fueled bench guys like Barnes and Austin Rivers. If the Clippers get out to a lead, it's going to avalanche. Howard will melt down, Harden will retreat into his beard to separate himself from the debacle and another year in the books for Houston.

Meanwhile the Clippers will have time off to rest and prepare for probably the Warriors. That should be a good series, tons of 3's, no one to stop Jordan's offensive boards, Curry getting open looks.

If it's done every now and again, yes. If it's done repeatedly after having to exert tons of energy and done for weeks on end after a long season, that's different. These so-called world class athletes dread just having to play one game in Utah and Denver because of the altitude, though you'll never hear that as a blatant excuse in any press conference (that very fact helped cost Phi Slama Jama a national title).

And did you really just name Austin Rivers as a key bench guy?

Caltex2
05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Hand the dry erase board to someone else. That's the real adjustment

That too, which is why I'm hoping to see adjustments.

Ditty
05-13-2015, 11:35 PM
You can't press, Cal. It's harry high school. You're an adorable little shit, but, hush now.

Only pussies and assholes press.

DMC
05-14-2015, 01:50 AM
Houston has the worse stars and with the exception of last game, their role players have managed to look even shittier than ours. Should have been a sweep, now it's going to 6 and probably even a road game 7.
Any stars are the worst stars until they win, then they are the best ones. It's all a matter of "what have you done for me lately". If the Rockets win the title, they were stacked. If they don't win next game, they were a shit team with shitty players.

DMC
05-14-2015, 01:52 AM
If it's done every now and again, yes. If it's done repeatedly after having to exert tons of energy and done for weeks on end after a long season, that's different. These so-called world class athletes dread just having to play one game in Utah and Denver because of the altitude, though you'll never hear that as a blatant excuse in any press conference (that very fact helped cost Phi Slama Jama a national title).

And did you really just name Austin Rivers as a key bench guy?

Austin Rivers pushed your shit in a few nights ago. He gets big minutes. He's the x factor teams don't plan for.

Franklin
05-14-2015, 04:03 AM
The Lockets have always been a shitty team with shitty players, and a even shittier fanbase tbh.

Indazone
05-14-2015, 02:49 PM
The only thing the Rockets need to do is not force anything and make the extra pass. Get Dwight rolling early and go with your Bigs. Foul DeAndre Jordan out.

Thread
05-14-2015, 03:36 PM
The only thing the Rockets need to do is not force anything and make the extra pass. Get Dwight rolling early and go with your Bigs. Foul DeAndre Jordan out.

I'll be right behind ya every step of the way, Ind.

Caltex2
05-14-2015, 05:50 PM

Yeah, the sloppy passes could also go away but that's on the players, though I suppose McHale could start pulling players and getting into them for sloppiness and carelessness.

DMC
05-15-2015, 12:29 AM

Like I said, the "inferior roster" argument is weak.

lefty
05-15-2015, 12:30 AM
The only adjustment is to play hard for 48 minutes.

and play harden for 0 minute

D-Wade
05-15-2015, 12:36 AM
I can't even explain what happened in that 4th quarter, but the Rockets' defense was pretty inspired, led by Josh Smith and Dwight Howard (with no Haren out there of course).

Franklin
05-15-2015, 01:16 AM
Josh Smith somehow played like a superstar again tonight. And the role players like Brewer and JET put out phenomenal performances to drive their team to this vital victory. And don't forget that Brewer used to be a Mav, not to say the JET.

angrydude
05-15-2015, 01:24 AM
When Josh Smith plays well the rockets can roll over anyone. The problem is 75% of the time he plays like shit.

Thread
05-15-2015, 01:47 AM
I'll be right behind ya every step of the way, Ind.

Me.

DMC
05-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Dale... I've been waiting for you to use the "jacks and timbers" reference.. prime opportunity.

Thread
05-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Dale... I've been waiting for you to use the "jacks and timbers" reference.. prime opportunity.

It wouldn't be appropriate. One must discriminate.

DMC
05-15-2015, 10:31 AM
It wouldn't be appropriate. One must discriminate.

But you know Josh Smith didn't get the same jitters Blake and crew got. One thing about JET, I don't like that fucker but he doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit", or of other words as well I'm sure.

Caltex2
05-15-2015, 01:16 PM
The most shocking adjustment he made was to take James Harden out and then watch the Rockets play their best ball of the entire post-season. I'm shocked, I could not have seen that or suggested that and have it come through like it did.

DMC
05-15-2015, 04:47 PM
He didn't take James out, per se, he had James out on regular rotation and the bench went back in with scorched Earth mentality, so McHale is at least smart enough to not over coach, can never be accused of over coaching.

Caltex2
05-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Yeah, at least he wasn't a robot like a baseball manager and just did a normal routine, so I'll give him credit.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 05:49 PM
I stand by my statement. McHale should be off the hot seat and Quitters should be firmly on it. Even in the two fluke blowout wins, he made weird decisions and had stubborn, awful rotations and just got bailed out by the Rockets quitting.

Thread
05-15-2015, 06:00 PM
I stand by my statement. McHale should be off the hot seat and Quitters should be firmly on it. Even in the two fluke blowout wins, he made weird decisions and had stubborn, awful rotations and just got bailed out by the Rockets quitting.

Hey, asshole, you get 1 bite at the apple. 1!!! Not 2. You've had your bite. Your Spurs got ousted. You failed.

GD it.