PDA

View Full Version : Worst Restaurant You've Ever Been To?

DJR210
05-14-2015, 09:27 AM
:lol was browsing KSAT to see what's going on in SA lately, and saw The Malt House on Zarzamora failed ANOTHER fucking inspection. That's the fourth straight they've failed. They need to bulldoze that fucking roach habitat and build a church or something.

My girlfriends Grandfather died a year or so ago, and that was his hangout, so we went there after his funeral to eat in his honor. Fuccccccccckkkk, who knows how much roach feces I ate that day. The food was crap, even the ranch dressing tasted like shit. All the waitresses were worthless heifers, and we're more interested in watching their novelas (in plain view of the customer) than tending to their guests.

:lol at the owner trying to get smart over the inspectors offered help too. I want to give them a call and troll them over their roach entrees.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/behind-the-kitchen-door/2015/05/2-sa-restaurants-share-same-failing-score.html

cantthinkofanything
05-14-2015, 09:31 AM
I can't remember the name of it. But it was a Chinese/Mexican buffet and it was run by Mexicans. It was the weirdest tasting food I've had in my life. That was a while ago.

Recently, we tried Mexican Inn and it sucked.

RD2191
05-14-2015, 09:35 AM
don't know if it qualifies as a restaurant but this pizza hut in Amarillo. this place looks nice and clean and only like 2 cars parked outside. lets go in for some pizza. as soon as i take a bite of my slice about 20 rats run across the restaurant.:lol

JoeTait75
05-14-2015, 09:48 AM
The now-defunct KFC on State Road in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Filthy, understaffed and they were always out of some integral part of the menu- popcorn chicken, for instance.

Blake
05-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Made the mistake of going to TGIFridays at mccullogh/410 a few weeks ago. Shitty overpriced food in an old dusty atmosphere out of the early 80s.

I still remember the violent heaves I got after eating the shit years ago at Pancho's Mexican buffet.

Any Taqueria Jalisco is usually dirty.

So many....I'll have to think

IronMexican
05-14-2015, 10:11 AM
I was with a fwb a couple of years back and she lived in La Mirada. We went to this place called Molcasalsa. It was disgusting.

DarrinS
05-14-2015, 10:29 AM
There's a restaurant near the entrance to Carlsbad Caverns.

Do NOT eat there.

You have been warned.

DarrinS
05-14-2015, 10:31 AM
The now-defunct KFC on State Road in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Filthy, understaffed and they were always out of some integral part of the menu- popcorn chicken, for instance.

The KFC in Fort Stockton is absolutely disgusting.

Ignignokt
05-14-2015, 11:09 AM
in n out. Basically steak n shake with canned fries.

benefactor
05-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Casa Ole'. Worst Mexican food I've ever eaten.

hehateme
05-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Anyone ever been to Schobel's in New Braunfels? My god it was horrible. I heard they dropped all of their German menu items now and went straight to a buffet setup full time to make it even worse.

Aztecfan03
05-14-2015, 11:51 AM
in n out. Basically steak n shake with canned fries.
canned fries? I don't like their fries but they use cut up the potatoes in the kitchen.

Ignignokt
05-14-2015, 12:03 PM
canned fries? I don't like their fries but they use cut up the potatoes in the kitchen.

how do they manage to fuck it up then?

Thread
05-14-2015, 12:10 PM

And ALWAYS out of the strawberry shortcake deserts. And if they're in? Takes a day to thaw it out.

Frank Dux
05-14-2015, 12:23 PM
I ate at Long John Silver's once in like 2001. Never again...

RD2191
05-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Made the mistake of going to TGIFridays at mccullogh/410 a few weeks ago. Shitty overpriced food in an old dusty atmosphere out of the early 80s.

I still remember the violent heaves I got after eating the shit years ago at Pancho's Mexican buffet.

:lmao

cantthinkofanything
05-14-2015, 01:07 PM
how do they manage to fuck it up then?

Paying an aging PG $15,000,000 per year.

Ignignokt
05-14-2015, 03:02 PM

I guess you ate the creamy enchiladas de Hamaal

Robz4000
05-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Went to a Red Robins in Tempe, AZ around 6-7 years ago. Place was extremely dirty, the servers were rude, and my food tasted like absolute shit. I'm not one to complain even if the place is sketchy but that place was just bad.

Dex
05-14-2015, 04:24 PM
I can't remember the name of it. But it was a Chinese/Mexican buffet and it was run by Mexicans. It was the weirdest tasting food I've had in my life. That was a while ago.

Was that place over off of San Pedro? I think I remember what you are talking about, and it was a really weird place with really shitty food. They couldn't get the Mexican OR the Chinese right.

Also, I once went with my family to Old San Francisco Steakhouse back when it was open to the public, and somehow ended up with a huge chunk of raw pork in my salad. Got a free swordfish dinner out of that one.

cantthinkofanything
05-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Was that place over off of San Pedro? I think I remember what you are talking about, and it was a really weird place with really shitty food. They couldn't get the Mexican OR the Chinese right.

Also, I once went with my family to Old San Francisco Steakhouse back when it was open to the public, and somehow ended up with a huge chunk of raw pork in my salad. Got a free swordfish dinner out of that one.

I don't know. I was working at a job that traveled every weekend. It's possible that it was in San Antonio as we were there about 3 times a year. But it's been about 20 years. I don't think it was Dallas or Houston as we were in those cities a lot more and would have probably gone to a regular Chinese buffet.

But yeah, they didn't get either the Mexican food or the Chinese food right.

DJR210
05-14-2015, 04:50 PM

I agree w/ this. I live in Medical Center and there are two that are owned by the same people.. Taqueria Blah Blah Blah on Babcock near Eckhert, and what used to be called La Terraza on Fredericksburg.. you can look at the reviews on Yelp to get an idea of how they operate.. Bastards cook way too much in the morning and try to serve up some old ass shit like it's the customers fault they're fucking stupid mojo's. Fucking carne guisada comes to the table cold as shit. Cesspool of bacteria.

don't know if it qualifies as a restaurant but this pizza hut in Amarillo. this place looks nice and clean and only like 2 cars parked outside. lets go in for some pizza. as soon as i take a bite of my slice about 20 rats run across the restaurant.:lol The rats are part of the entertainment. That was nice of them :tu

Went to a Red Robins in Tempe, AZ around 6-7 years ago. Place was extremely dirty, the servers were rude, and my food tasted like absolute shit. I'm not one to complain even if the place is sketchy but that place was just bad. Red Robin is actually pretty good here in SA. Also, protip: save your receipt and complete the online review, and check the box that asks if you would like to be contacted by management. They have one of the best customer satisfaction policies out, they will have a manager call you within 24 hours and mail you up to 4 entree vouchers, no questions asked. Then when you arrive notify the server of the vouchers and they will bend over backwards kissing your ass. Nothing beats a free meal after a movie night with the woman, all I pay for is the drinks :tu

I wouldn't let that ruin your view on the OSFS.. they're usually pretty damn good. They just must have had a moron working on prep.

mrsmaalox
05-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Toss up between Lulu's and The Magic Time Machine.

Dex
05-14-2015, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't let that ruin your view on the OSFS.. they're usually pretty damn good. They just must have had a moron working on prep.

Yeah, other than that incident, OSFS was always a good place. They were very apologetic about it, too...especially after our waiter couldn't even positively identify exactly what it was that we had found. :lol At first they tried to pass it off as a piece of cheese rind.

Thread
05-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Made the mistake of going to TGIFridays

Made the same mistake years ago...never again. Feathery potato skins. Just awful.

DJR210
05-14-2015, 05:49 PM
The only TGIFridays I'll go to is the section in HEB's freezer.

Infinite_limit
05-14-2015, 05:57 PM
I've missed u

DJR210
05-14-2015, 07:22 PM

What was wrong with Lulu's?

spurraider21
05-14-2015, 08:11 PM
On one of my annual treks from LA to Oakland we made a pitstop at some random taco bell in the middle of nowhere. One of the restroom stalls had an "out of order" sign. When I opened the door out of curiosity there was literally a bunch of shit smeared on the walls :lol

Robz4000
05-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Red Robin is actually pretty good here in SA. Also, protip: save your receipt and complete the online review, and check the box that asks if you would like to be contacted by management. They have one of the best customer satisfaction policies out, they will have a manager call you within 24 hours and mail you up to 4 entree vouchers, no questions asked. Then when you arrive notify the server of the vouchers and they will bend over backwards kissing your ass. Nothing beats a free meal after a movie night with the woman, all I pay for is the drinks :tu

I have a couple friends that used to work at the Red Robin up in the Forum. Told me it was extremely dirty and to never go there.

DJR210
05-14-2015, 08:13 PM
I have a couple friends that used to work at the Red Robin up in the Forum. Told me it was extremely dirty and to never go there.

:lol, that's the one I frequent too

Robz4000
05-14-2015, 08:22 PM
:lol, that's the one I frequent too

:lol Ruh-oh. They told me a story once of how a rat was living in their kitchen for a couple weeks unnoticed and sometimes nibbled on some of the orders.

Buddy Mignon
05-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Not sure... but I know it was mexican.

Leetonidas
05-14-2015, 10:30 PM
The Little Red Barn was absolute shit. Also a lot of those shitty chinese buffets that are popping up between 410/bandera and culebra are pretty awful as well

DJR210
05-14-2015, 10:54 PM
The Little Red Barn was absolute shit. Also a lot of those shitty chinese buffets that are popping up between 410/bandera and culebra are pretty awful as well

Fortune Cookie is the shit

Leetonidas
05-14-2015, 10:56 PM
I ate there one time with my mom a long time ago. Eating our food just fine then all of a sudden I look at the wall next to me and there's a big ass roach just chilling there. Never went back

mrsmaalox
05-15-2015, 09:53 AM
I've missed u

;)

mrsmaalox
05-15-2015, 09:58 AM

The food all tasted like old rancid grease, the place stunk like it. The floors, chairs and tables were sticky. The ceiling fans looked like they were made of fur with all the dust. And the service sucked.

DJR210
05-15-2015, 10:28 AM
The food all tasted like old rancid grease, the place stunk like it. The floors, chairs and tables were sticky. The ceiling fans looked like they were made of fur with all the dust. And the service sucked.

:lol that's sick

JudynTX
05-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Chipotle

Blake
05-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Chipotle

that's really your worst?

JudynTX
05-15-2015, 10:54 AM
that's really your worst?

One of them.

TGIFridays
Burger King
Freddy's

Thread
05-15-2015, 10:59 AM
And in reality how gross is it upon examination to be eating with spoons, forks and knives that a thousand strangers have put in their mouths? I know, I know, they're cleansed, but, gd. It's like a motel room. Sure, they most LIKELY wash the sheets twixt occupants, but, that spread and blankets have had a lot of gross things laid, rubbed in, leaked & shot upon them.

gameFACE
05-15-2015, 11:05 AM
A few years ago we stopped by Bean Sprout near 410/McCullough. Don't know what on earth made us do that. Gross Chinese buffet.

Blake
05-15-2015, 12:15 PM
And in reality how gross is it upon examination to be eating with spoons, forks and knives that a thousand strangers have put in their mouths? I know, I know, they're cleansed, but, gd. It's like a motel room. Sure, they most LIKELY wash the sheets twixt occupants, but, that spread and blankets have had a lot of gross things laid, rubbed in, leaked & shot upon them.

How many times have you checked your utensils and found food on em.

I'd say for me it's almost 1 in 10 times.

Twisted_Dawg
05-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Anyone ever been to Schobel's in New Braunfels? My god it was horrible. I heard they dropped all of their German menu items now and went straight to a buffet setup full time to make it even worse.

We ate the Schobel's in Columbus coming back from a football game in Houston. It wasn't bad, but then again we were pretty fucked up.

Thread
05-15-2015, 12:30 PM

Yep.

Twisted_Dawg
05-15-2015, 12:35 PM

This sounds a bit anal, but a nurse taught me to get a lemon or lime from the condiment stand and squirt the juice over the knife or fork to clean it. If I can I'll get plastic cutlery at the fastfoods.

CosmicCowboy
05-15-2015, 01:00 PM

LuLu's is disgusting.

Cheap ass gristly meat, all the vegetables are right out of a can. Place is filthy.

Blake
05-15-2015, 02:12 PM
This sounds a bit anal, but a nurse taught me to get a lemon or lime from the condiment stand and squirt the juice over the knife or fork to clean it. If I can I'll get plastic cutlery at the fastfoods.

I wipe down the fork with the napkin beforehand, but if I was gonna clean it with lime juice, I'd probably walk the extra five steps to the bathroom and use the sink

DarrinS
05-15-2015, 02:17 PM
A few years ago we stopped by Bean Sprout near 410/McCullough. Don't know what on earth made us do that. Gross Chinese buffet.

It used to be good a long time ago. But it sucks now.

DJR210
05-15-2015, 02:45 PM
LuLu's is disgusting.

Cheap ass gristly meat, all the vegetables are right out of a can. Place is filthy.

I've only had the cinnamon roll, but sounds like that will be my last one.

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2015, 02:48 PM

Magic Time Machine was the most dingy and damp feeling place I've ever eaten. Food was crap too.

DarrinS
05-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Magic Time Machine was the most dingy and damp feeling place I've ever eaten. Food was crap too.

Yeah, that place is dirty. I can't believe it is still open.

DJR210
05-15-2015, 05:05 PM

Yeah, that place is dirty. I can't believe it is still open.

That's expensive Jim's food.. they own it.

Spurs9
05-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Probably some hole in the wall chinese place off NW Military