PDA

View Full Version : 48 Minutes of Hell: Spurs Offseason Work Begins At Draft Combine

BillMc
05-14-2015, 02:11 PM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/spurs-offseason-work-begins-at-draft-combine

Article by Trevor Zickgraf with some early ideas on candidates for the Spurs in the draft.

I like this one:

Arizona’s Rondae Hollis-Jefferson might be the best wing defender in the draft, but his lack of a jumper is likely to keep him in the 20-30 range.

Draft him, let Chip work on his shot, and give us another wing defender to rotate in with Leonard (and hopefully) Green.

Mr Bones
05-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks for posting this. It's so refreshing to read about the Spurs without the usual spurstalk stream of invective aimed at one player or another.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-14-2015, 02:33 PM
I'd really like to see Anderson get more minutes at the SF position this year. He may not be a lock down defender but he has great hands and length to be disruptive around the perimeter. I also think he has the instincts to be a shot blocker.

Chinook
05-14-2015, 02:48 PM
I'd really like to see Anderson get more minutes at the SF position this year. He may not be a lock down defender but he has great hands and length to be disruptive around the perimeter. I also think he has the instincts to be a shot blocker.

I think he'd be fine on D so long as he wasn't on the best scorer and had reliable bigs behind him. I think he'll get most of his minutes at the 2/3 next season, given that the Spurs are likely to bring over two combo-forwards from Europe this summer.

BillMc
05-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks for posting this. It's so refreshing to read about the Spurs without the usual spurstalk stream of invective aimed at one player or another.

Thanks man!:toast Yes, I hope this thread can keep to discussions of the Spurs' draft needs.

wildchild
05-15-2015, 12:15 AM
The Spurs needed a true SF backup last season.
When Pop sat Kawhi and Danny, both at the same time, and played Beli as SF, the unbalanced lineup always benefited the opposing team.

Not sure about Anderson but our euro-injured guys, Livio Jean Charles and Davis Bertans don't seem anywhere near ready for the NBA.
Further, if the Spurs let Green walk, drafting a defensive SF could be a good option.

BatManu20
05-15-2015, 04:05 AM
If not for Hollis-Jefferson's horrible jump shot, he'd be a lottery pick. He's that good defensively. I still think he goes top 25 on potential alone. Don't think he'll be there when we select.

therealtruth
05-15-2015, 06:15 AM
If not for Hollis-Jefferson's horrible jump shot, he'd be a lottery pick. He's that good defensively. I still think he goes top 25 on potential alone. Don't think he'll be there when we select.

We don't have another George Hill to trade? Maybe this time we can trade TP?

Taking it to the Hole
05-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Why do I get the feeling the Spurs are going to draft another Euro? I just get this unnerving feeling that is going to happen.

Sean Cagney
05-18-2015, 02:32 AM
We don't have another George Hill to trade? Maybe this time we can trade TP?

Trade TP after last year? For what? You wont get near value. Start who next season if u trade him??? Seriously nobody is giving up a lotto pick for him at this stage nor even trade value.