PDA

View Full Version : Clippers I haven't seen a collapse like this since the 2000 Blazers

monosylab1k
05-15-2015, 12:20 AM
This is incredible.

BatManu20
05-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Exactly what came to mind, tbh..

midnightpulp
05-15-2015, 12:23 AM
They also had their version of 6 last year when they were up 7 points with like 40 seconds left against OKC.

I feel for mah nig CN here. This shit would enrage me.

skut_farkus
That wasn't even at home either, this one is just incredible

elmanutres
as a spurs fan I know a choke when I see one

If the spurs did this this would be below 6

TheCultOfPersonality
05-15-2015, 12:24 AM
The Grizzlies Game 1 collapse against the Clippers in 2012 was worse.

Venti Quattro
05-15-2015, 12:25 AM

No, nigga. This was a series-clinching game

100%duncan
05-15-2015, 12:26 AM

That was round 1. This was for a WCF berth. And was much worse since Harden didn't even play the whole 4th

Spurs9
6 will always trump it, they literally had the trophy for Spurs a few feet away :lmao

100%duncan
And don't forget this was a 3-1 series lead :lol

monosylab1k
Blake and CP3 both look panicked when the ball was in their hands. Being a Mavs fan I can commiserate, and I can say all hope isn't lost. Dirk figured it out pretty late in his career, Blake has a lot of basketball left in him so he can too.

dg7md
05-15-2015, 12:27 AM
6 will always trump it, they literally had the trophy for Spurs a few feet away :lmao

Of course.

Don't remind us of that...

But for the Clippers, this is as close as it gets.

BatManu20
05-15-2015, 12:29 AM
Rockets finished the game on a 49-18 run :wow

Would've been 49-15 if not for CP3's last second gift 3.

BatManu20
05-15-2015, 12:29 AM

:lol acting like the 2nd round even compares to the NBA Finals

Silver&Black
05-15-2015, 12:33 AM
They also had their version of 6 last year when they were up 7 points with like 40 seconds left against OKC.

Isn't that when CP3 hit a big shot....then started pounding his chest.

Only to give it all back in the next few seconds? Also, didn't he have like a dumbass foul or something...

elmanutres
05-15-2015, 12:35 AM
whoever loses game 7 is the true choke artist. If houston loses it, them coming back and have a shot with game 7 on their own court and they fuck it up

or the clippers because of this shit fest of a 4th qtr and having a 3-1 lead

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 12:36 AM
It was over when they came out in Game 5 looking like they'd already won. This roster is never going to win anything. Maybe Blake could be salvaged with a real coach, but the rest of these losers MUST GO.

whitemamba
05-15-2015, 12:39 AM
It was over when they came out in Game 5 looking like they'd already won. This roster is never going to win anything. Maybe Blake could be salvaged with a real coach, but the rest of these losers MUST GO.

where will u go?

Jacob1983
05-15-2015, 12:42 AM
The 2nd round is the Finals for the Clippers.:lol

monosylab1k
05-15-2015, 12:50 AM
No team with faggot Matt Barnes shall prosper.

Killakobe81
05-15-2015, 12:54 AM
No team with faggot Matt Barnes shall prosper.

He shit the bed no doubt but when he played for GSW I remember when he was young he helped beat a certain team that had won 60 plus games and had the MVP ....

monosylab1k
05-15-2015, 12:56 AM
He shit the bed no doubt but when he played for GSW I remember when he was young he helped beat a certain team that had won 60 plus games and had the MVP ....

Then he was on the Lakers when that same team swept your asses and skullfucked you in Game 4.

Killakobe81
05-15-2015, 12:58 AM
Then he was on the Lakers when that same team swept your asses and skullfucked you in Game 4.

LOL I was at game 3 your team was just better than mine in 2011 no doubt about it ...

Indazone
05-15-2015, 01:01 AM
lol Harden not making that cooking sign anymore

Russ
05-15-2015, 01:06 AM

The Clippers are exhausted. They haven't had more than one day of rest since Game 2 of the Spurs series.

The rest differential between the two teams going into this series is taking its toll as this series goes deeper.

The two days off should benefit the Clips.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 01:07 AM
The Clippers are exhausted. They haven't had more than one day of rest since Game 2 of the Spurs series.

The rest differential between the two teams going into this series is taking its toll as this series goes deeper.

The two days off should benefit the Clips.
That's a lame excuse. They had a 19-point lead on their home floor. They looked energetic and ready to go until winning time, then they flat out choked as usual.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2015, 01:13 AM
Mavs 2006 up 13 or so late in the 4th Q and getting ready to go up 3-0 and basically icing the finals and winning can't be forgotten as well, that was a HUGE collapse in a series they were in control of and then they go on to lose the next 3 after that. I am sure Mavs fans still cringe.
whoever loses game 7 is the true choke artist. If houston loses it, them coming back and have a shot with game 7 on their own court and they fuck it up

or the clippers because of this shit fest of a 4th qtr and having a 3-1 lead

I remember our Spurs down 3-1 in 06 and then game 7 at home, then down 20 or so in game 7 only to come back again from the dead and take the lead on a late three.. What roller coaster and teaser of a series, you got it and then you don't...... That one still haunts me as a fan, so damn close to making history for the Spurs and then snatched away like 6 was, that was our threepeat :( DAMN that one stung.

elmanutres
05-15-2015, 01:28 AM
I remember our Spurs down 3-1 in 06 and then game 7 at home, then down 20 or so in game 7 only to come back again from the dead and take the lead on a late three.. What roller coaster and teaser of a series, you got it and then you don't...... That one still haunts me as a fan, so damn close to making history for the Spurs and then snatched away like 6 was, that was our threepeat :( DAMN that one stung.

especially after that bowen block. Bowen makes an epic block on nowitski of all fucking people in the last 15 seconds. I know what you mean. but whatever, you can't them all. With that being said. I hope houston experiences that pain of thinking you're gonna get it after being down 3-1 and see it all go away

Franklin
05-15-2015, 01:29 AM
And the beard nigga only played a few seconds during the last 1.5 quarters, while the Lockets managed a historical comeback with the unbelievable 49-18 run. There's a reason the Thunder traded him for basically nothing tbh, he's as good a sixth man as such a role can be, but if you make him your franchise player you're not likely to go anywhere.

:lol regular season MVP candidate

FkLA
05-15-2015, 01:30 AM
:lol Why are mavfans acting like they weren't choke city for like a decade before winning in '11? Jacob said he hadn't seen a choke like today's game either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFTvcOhL7M

Killakobe81
05-15-2015, 01:31 AM

BTW you did all that and then Cubes broke you up ...still dont get that ...

100%duncan
05-15-2015, 01:35 AM
:lol Why are mavfans acting like they weren't choke city for like a decade before winning in '11? Jacob said he hadn't seen a choke like today's game either.

:lmao

monosylab1k
05-15-2015, 01:40 AM

Not closeout games. This has already been established, keep up Pancho.

100%duncan
05-15-2015, 01:43 AM

Game 3 Miami was basically a close-out game though. You'd have to agree.

Thread
05-15-2015, 01:43 AM

My ass. It was in the fucking case.

FkLA
05-15-2015, 01:44 AM

Up 2 games to none in the Finals, up 13 pts in Game 3. Might as well have been a closeout. The Heat weren't coming back from 3-0.

The '03 collapse resulted in your elimination. The Clipps can still win Game 7.

monosylab1k
05-15-2015, 01:44 AM
Game 3 Miami was basically a close-out game though. You'd have to agree.

No, it wasn't. It was a memorable collapse but still not a closeout game.

monosylab1k
05-15-2015, 01:46 AM
Up 2 games to none in the Finals, up 13 pts in Game 3. Might as well have been a closeout. The Heat weren't coming back from 3-0.

The '03 collapse resulted in your elimination. The Clipps can still win Game 7.

But they still weren't closeout games. End of story.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2015, 01:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFTvcOhL7MI mentioned that Mavs team in 06 a few times tonight as well (One in here), you are correct on that shit. The game 6 as well against the Spurs, very similar and on their home floor just like LAC. I see a very similar game tonight.

monosylab1k
05-15-2015, 01:48 AM
Now if Miami had won game 3 with Wade sitting on the bench the entire 4th quarter and not taking 50 bullshit free throws, then maybe there's a comparison between 2006 and tonight.

Thread
05-15-2015, 01:49 AM
& without that collapse we'd be light 5.

FkLA
05-15-2015, 01:50 AM
But they still weren't closeout games. End of story.

Yeah and whatever added importance a closeout game gets is trumped by the fact that the Mav's chokes were on bigger stages (Finals and WCF).

Ditty
05-15-2015, 01:53 AM

Look at MVParker cheering his team on from the bench :cry

FkLA
05-15-2015, 01:54 AM
Now if Miami had won game 3 with Wade sitting on the bench the entire 4th quarter and not taking 50 bullshit free throws, then maybe there's a comparison between 2006 and tonight.

Well, the '03 choke was at the hands of 37 year old Steve Kerr and a 42-15 run. It's up there tbf.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2015, 01:55 AM

He routinely shit the bed back then in games and was benched for the backup who came in and did better. This happened in 05 as well.

FkLA
05-15-2015, 01:58 AM

Speedy, Kerr, Barry, CoJo, MVPaddy. He's always needed someone behind him to bail his choking ass out.

MVPaddy would've come through again if Pop had just followed the blueprint and given him Rique's minutes tbh.

He routinely shit the bed back then in games and was benched for the backup who came in and did better. This happened in 05 as well.

It's like that '07 FMVP, which rightfully belongs to Timmy, erased everyone's memory about how much of a choker he was. That it until his choking reared it's ugly head again the past couple of years.

100%duncan

'14 too.

Ditty

Good days when Pop was truly elite, and when Carlesimo was helping him hold down the fort :depressed

Jacob1983
05-15-2015, 02:05 AM
Last time I checked, my Mavs have 2 conference championships and 1 NBA championship. The Clippers haven't even been to the conference finals. You can post old videos all you want but at the end of the day, the Clippers are chokers and have always been chokers. My Mavs won in 2011 and that broke the curse of choking for them. Thank you.

ElNono
05-15-2015, 02:08 AM
I was told this stuff only happened with Vinny at the helm... I was lied to...

Thread
05-15-2015, 02:10 AM
I was told this stuff only happened with Vinny at the helm... I was lied to...

Your first cogent point in like, well, at least years.

El

FkLA
05-15-2015, 02:13 AM
Last time I checked, my Mavs have 2 conference championships and 1 NBA championship. The Clippers haven't even been to the conference finals. You can post old videos all you want but at the end of the day, the Clippers are chokers and have always been chokers. My Mavs won in 2011 and that broke the curse of choking for them. Thank you.

Sure but before '11 the Mavs had a choking resume that these Clippers would be envious of. Plus the Clippers still have Game 7 and a couple more years to try to win a title.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 02:17 AM
Sure but before '11 the Mavs had a choking resume that these Clippers would be envious of. Plus the Clippers still have Game 7 and a couple more years to try to win a title.

This team sucks dick, they will never even witness a Western Conference Finals as presently constructed, let alone win a title. They fucking blow!

Thread
05-15-2015, 02:18 AM
This team sucks dick, they will never even witness a Western Conference Finals as presently constructed, let alone win a title. They fucking blow!

You had no rights anyway. You were trespassing.

Strange Love
05-15-2015, 02:19 AM
Can someone post a condensed highlight clip of this choke job? You nigs are making this sound epically bad.

100%duncan
05-15-2015, 02:21 AM
Can someone post a condensed highlight clip of this choke job? You nigs are making this sound epically bad.

It is. Just watch the replay wait for like the last 4 mins of the 3rd to the end.

Thread
05-15-2015, 02:22 AM

I fell asleep on the couch watching "The Best Years of Our Lives." Woke up to this.

midnightpulp
05-15-2015, 02:25 AM
I fell asleep on the couch watching "The Best Years of Our Lives." Woke up to this.

So you were watching game 7 of the 2010 Finals?

FkLA
05-15-2015, 02:26 AM

:lol If I had to pick, I'd actually pick yall to win Game 7. Even if yall lose Spurs only have a year of Timmy left, OKC only has a year of KD/Russ left, the Grizz and Blazers have plateau'd, Harden isn't good enough and the rest of the West is irrelevant...it should be the Warriors/Clipps conference soon enough imo.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 02:28 AM
:lol If I had to pick, I'd actually pick yall to win Game 7. Then Spurs only have a year of Timmy left, OKC only has a year of KD/Russ left, the Grizz and Blazers have plateau'd, Harden isn't good enough and the rest of the West is irrelevant...it should be the Warriors/Clipps conference soon enough imo.

This team would find a way to lose in the second round in the early-2000's Eastern Conference. They're not winning Game 7, and even if they did, the WCF won't even be competitive. This team is garbage, plain and simple.

HI-FI
05-15-2015, 02:30 AM
Speedy, Kerr, Barry, CoJo, MVPaddy. He's always needed someone behind him to bail his choking ass out.

MVPaddy would've come through again if Pop had just followed the blueprint and given him Rique's minutes tbh.

It's like that '07 FMVP, which rightfully belongs to Timmy, erased everyone's memory about how much of a choker he was. That it until his choking reared it's ugly head again the past couple of years.

i have to think Pop knew the tank was empty and would rather bow out early for a better draft pick, vacation time etc...If he really thinks Parker is going to come through over Patty then he's lost his mind on wine and power imo.

FkLA
05-15-2015, 02:54 AM
i have to think Pop knew the tank was empty and would rather bow out early for a better draft pick, vacation time etc...If he really thinks Parker is going to come through over Patty then he's lost his mind on wine and power imo.

His tank might have been empty with all his retarded decisions this season. I think the team itself would be well on their way to the WCF if MVPaddy was used as the closing PG.

spurraider21
05-15-2015, 03:01 AM
he still hasn't recovered from his round 1 loss tbh

Sean Cagney
05-15-2015, 03:01 AM
Good days when Pop was truly elite, and when Carlesimo was helping him hold down the fort :depressed

I feel you. I can tell the last few years Pop has lost that edge he had before. He would scream and bench anyone then, now not so much.

Thread
05-15-2015, 03:06 AM
he still hasn't recovered from his round 1 loss tbh

spurraider21
05-15-2015, 03:06 AM

:lol parker benched for kerr when this happens

Thread
05-15-2015, 03:10 AM
I feel you. I can tell the last few years Pop has lost that edge he had before. He would scream and bench anyone then, now not so much.

He's mortal, and that's disappointing to a Spurs Fan, lover OR hater. One felt comforted, though threatened, yes, when he was at his zenith. Now he's doing things all the other coaches do, squalid things, ugly things, pedestrian things.

UZER
05-15-2015, 07:37 AM

Spurs fan know this Parker does this at least once a year playoffs when he's being outplayed.

Hell he was practically begging for it this year but Pop wanted to go home early so he left him out there.

JoeTait75
05-15-2015, 07:54 AM

2007 was one of the biggest mismatches in Finals history, they might as well have given the MVP to one of us.

soxxx
05-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Shocking stuff. I turned the TV off thinking damn, the clippers might actually win this whole thing. To see they blew that game, holy shit.

TampaDude
05-15-2015, 09:27 AM
2007 was one of the biggest mismatches in Finals history, they might as well have given the MVP to one of us.

Ah, yes, 2007...where the King dragged his team of scrubs kicking and screaming through the East and into the the Silver and Black woodchipper. :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2015, 09:44 AM
[/FONT]

Fuck Mike Brown for leaving him open all the time expecting a choke that never came. Then he never adjusted and just waited for the choke.

da_suns_fan
05-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Im actually hoping the Rockets win so were able to enjoy meltdowns from:

1) Doc Rivers

2) Clipper Nation

Should be entertaining to watch.

testies
05-15-2015, 10:30 AM

this happened in '14 and '15 as well

Caltex2
05-15-2015, 11:57 AM
I compare it to Rockets-Mavs Game 3 in 2005. The TMac-Yao Rockets had won 2 in Dallas and were up double digits in the second half and 8 in the fourth before the Mavs mounted a 20-0 run to storm back and change the complexion of the series.

Caltex2
05-15-2015, 12:26 PM
The directly below quote was in response to a comment on the Clippers lack of rest.

That's a lame excuse. They had a 19-point lead on their home floor. They looked energetic and ready to go until winning time, then they flat out choked as usual.

It really is. They'd have another 4-6 days of rest if they had just pushed through and sealed the deal in the final 14 minutes.

VBM
05-15-2015, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1-50cf-ZJo

Thread
05-15-2015, 06:10 PM
^Yep, that was Kobe's responsibility and a bitter failure.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 06:22 PM
^Yep, that was Kobe's responsibility and a bitter failure.
Another one taken out of the case, Dale.

Thread
05-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Another one taken out of the case, Dale.

It was never in the case, Hop Sing.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 06:28 PM
It was never in the case, Hop Sing.
It was firmly in the case until Bryant had other ideas, Ticket.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2015, 06:31 PM
This team would find a way to lose in the second round in the early-2000's Eastern Conference.

:lol

Thread
05-15-2015, 06:48 PM
It was firmly in the case until Bryant had other ideas, Ticket.

1 bite at the apple, Chinaman, 1!!!

Clipper Nation
05-15-2015, 06:49 PM
1 bite at the apple, Chinaman, 1!!!
2 trophies extricated from the case, Chuckbox, 2!!!

Thread
05-15-2015, 06:51 PM
2 trophies extricated from the case, Chuckbox, 2!!!

Ya fuckin' zipperhead, you.