PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Howard...I'm a big Rockets fan but...

Caltex2
05-15-2015, 10:55 AM
He has got to stop taking those cheap shots. Not only do they lead to cheap, unnecessary fouls that can render him both ineffective and off the floor due to foul trouble but he just looks like a small person doing it.

Thread
05-15-2015, 11:02 AM
He's 10 years in, Cal, he can't change. You're just fortunate he quit showing his ass after 1/2 time. The early fouls are just indicative of his mental state,,,detached.

daslicer
05-15-2015, 11:39 AM
I have seen Dwight do a lot of those cheap shot out of retaliation for the cheap shots he has received on the other end but like you said he has to be smarter about it. Dwight has to learn not to immediately retaliate after someone like Barnes,Blake, or Jordan tries to bait him into hitting them. He should save the cheap shots for later on in the game when they least expect it.

UZER
05-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Got to give credit to these guys that don't retaliate on intentional fouls. Harden got wrapped up once and stated throwing a hissy fit. Howard gets chippy like he takes it personal.

Shaq had the most restraint of any big man I've ever seen. Sure he blew up a few times but overall he kept his cool.

Thread
05-15-2015, 11:48 AM
Got to give credit to these guys that don't retaliate on intentional fouls. Harden got wrapped up once and stated throwing a hissy fit. Howard gets chippy like he takes it personal.

Shaq had the most restraint of any big man I've ever seen. Sure he blew up a few times but overall he kept his cool.

Ooze, if he'd a connected with Pollard that time he'd a killed him. You can't hit somebody in the temple like that. Remember that time Benson elbowed Jabbar a good one then went down to the other end. Jabbar standing there and Benson is pretending to be looking elsewhere when Jabbar just hauled off on him. LOL. Benson was never the same.

Here it is:::aN57mvDICXw

Arcadian
05-15-2015, 01:40 PM
aN57mvDICXw

:lol...Was either player ejected for that?

JamStone
05-15-2015, 01:53 PM
I thought the shoulder into Blake when Blake just got into the air was a play that deserved a flagrant 2 and worthy of at least consideration for getting suspended for game 7.

I generally abhor the league getting as pussified as it has become, and even though Blake is a big guy, I'm very critical of plays where there is dangerous contact once a player leaves his feet and gets into the air. There is a helpless feeling when you get undercut or get a shove in the back once you jump and you could easily land a number of different ways where you could seriously injure yourself. I view that Howard foul in a similar way. And in some way, Howard throwing his hands straight up as if he wasn't doing anything dirty made it appear so much more egregious and added to how cheap it was.

Thebesteva
05-15-2015, 04:56 PM
He's 10 years in, Cal, he can't change. You're just fortunate he quit showing his ass after 1/2 time. The early fouls are just indicative of his mental state,,,detached.

Not sure if hemisfairarena reference or your alt account cover is blown

DMC
05-15-2015, 05:03 PM
It's just a pickup game for Howard. He doesn't take any of this shit serious, typical work ethic tbh.

Thread
05-15-2015, 06:12 PM
:lol...Was either player ejected for that?

I believe Jabbar was.

Yep, Benson was going to be a Jabbar stopper. Then Seattle tried Tom Burleson,,,made him grow a beard so he'd be tougher. Didn't work either.

Franklin
05-16-2015, 04:05 AM
But again, the Lockets are the NBA version of Barcelona imho. They always have refs on their side, which's unwritten rule.

Caltex2
05-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Sigh...

Caltex2
05-25-2015, 11:24 PM
I'll bet money Howard is suspended come Wednesday.