05-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Yeah but its too late now.

TampaDude
05-15-2015, 01:52 PM
we would've lost 2 games at least

Yup...Harden would've set an NBA record for FTAs in a playoff series. :lol

daslicer
05-15-2015, 01:54 PM
They still could have lost to the rockets. Knowing Pop he would have overdone the hacking and cost the spurs a crucial game like he did with the Clippers in game 6.

BatManu20
05-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Series would have gone at least 6.

Budkin
05-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Rockets were a shitty matchup but we would have won.

tmtcsc
05-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Unless Spurs were healthy, no way.

T Park
05-15-2015, 02:40 PM
with the way their health was it would've gone 6 however, they wouldn't have blown a lead in the close out game in the 4th quarter.

Theres no question had they gotten past the Clippers, the door was wide open for a repeat. All the more reason for either a small retooling or no rebuild for 2 years.

05-15-2015, 02:51 PM
with the way their health was it would've gone 6 however, they wouldn't have blown a lead in the close out game in the 4th quarter.

Theres no question had they gotten past the Clippers, the door was wide open for a repeat. All the more reason for either a small retooling or no rebuild for 2 years.

Like when we didn't blow that double digit lead in the fourth in Game 6 two years ago....oh wait

timtonymanu
05-15-2015, 02:54 PM
If we're talking the Spurs at their best, then of course they would sweep them.

The current Spurs would have probably beaten them in 6.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2015, 03:40 PM
This makes me feel better man :(

100%duncan
05-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Skip bayless is an idiot, these are things we know.

mystargtr34
05-15-2015, 10:59 PM
This is as embarrassing as last year when the Rockets said they would have beaten the Spurs if they got past the first round.. you lost in the first round... stfu and deal with it imo.

dg7md
05-15-2015, 11:03 PM
We never played well against the Rockets. No way it's a sweep, and I doubt we would have won if you look at how we played against the Clippers versus our past history against this Rockets team as constructed.

You guys forget that the Rockets have a bunch of Spurkillers on the team, not just including Harden (legendary one), but Jason Terry as well.

dabom
05-15-2015, 11:29 PM
We brat the rockets 3-1 this year guys.

Sean Cagney
05-16-2015, 02:40 AM
We never played well against the Rockets. No way it's a sweep, and I doubt we would have won if you look at how we played against the Clippers versus our past history against this Rockets team as constructed.

You guys forget that the Rockets have a bunch of Spurkillers on the team, not just including Harden (legendary one), but Jason Terry as well.Harden yes but Terry has not been in years, infact the last playoff series he sucked against the Spurs. He is older now. Spurs played them well this year as well, especially the last two games. Regular season games though, playoffs a different animal. Portland has the best regular season record against the Spurs for a while now, what happened in the playoffs?

mingus
05-16-2015, 10:21 AM

i pretty much agree this. The Spurs as even Pop said had nothing left in the tank. Players had minor but hampering injuries because of the 3-year run to go with that. Let them rest up this summer and give them another go next year, healthier and more energized. It was only a year ago this team took a shit on every team in route to a championship.

look_at_g_shred
05-16-2015, 10:39 AM
No..we couldn't even beat the Clippers. It just wasn't our year.

SilverSpur
05-16-2015, 01:48 PM
No sweep, we win 4-2

hater
05-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Spurs in 6 tbqh

lefty
05-17-2015, 01:46 AM
No..we couldn't even beat the Clippers. It just wasn't our year.

tholdren
05-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Everyone knows that LA and SA were the two best built playoff teams. Unfortunately the rockets will probably win due to 2343980239849 harden FTs and then the warriors will play the cavs. Who woulda thought?

therealtruth
05-17-2015, 08:59 PM
i pretty much agree this. The Spurs as even Pop said had nothing left in the tank. Players had minor but hampering injuries because of the 3-year run to go with that. Let them rest up this summer and give them another go next year, healthier and more energized. It was only a year ago this team took a shit on every team in route to a championship.

Maybe Pop didn't rest them enough during the regular season. That gamble for #2 almost worked but by not working Spurs were stuck at 6 and with a lot less rest. TP looks like he could have used some time off.

Prime Time
05-18-2015, 12:51 AM
:lol This place would've been hysterical if the Spurs played Houston.

"Trevor Ariza can't miss."
"Jason Terry at 37 > Porker at 33"
"So called DPOTY getting torched by Harden."
":lmaoPop getting outcoached by McFail"

Matter of fact is, Spurs were never going to win. Clippers never 'stepped up' per se, they choked their lead at the end of Game 6 and in the closing minutes of Game 7 Spurs were up by 4 with possession. They could have taken the Clippers out multiple times, but never could succeed.

Did they have the talent to win? Certainly. But they never played with the right system or mentality. Too much Parker ISOs, not enough Mills, Leonard could never get shots until the 4th quarter, they clanked wide open threes, I could go on.

It truly is a shame because if the Spurs played with even 3/4ths of the intensity and will they had during last year's run, right now we would've been the favorite in the WCF.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-18-2015, 01:38 AM
Maybe Pop didn't rest them enough during the regular season. That gamble for #2 almost worked but by not working Spurs were stuck at 6 and with a lot less rest. TP looks like he could have used some time off.

TP and Green not being right derailed everything, we have to have one of those two players be on if the other is off, and it didnt happen

Emperor
05-18-2015, 01:56 AM
Parker trying to play like he was 100% ruined this team. If he could have atleast pulled a Manu and just been a creator minus the turnovers ofcourse then our chances would have been better. Then again, if you can't hit open shots, well you don't deserve to win.

ezau
05-18-2015, 03:47 AM
Spurs simply didn't have it in them this year. The last time the Spurs lost against a WC team was in 2012 against OKC. The Spurs were fat and happy after ringing and understandably so.

therealtruth
05-18-2015, 05:54 AM
:lol This place would've been hysterical if the Spurs played Houston.

"Trevor Ariza can't miss."
"Jason Terry at 37 > Porker at 33"
"So called DPOTY getting torched by Harden."
":lmaoPop getting outcoached by McFail"

Matter of fact is, Spurs were never going to win. Clippers never 'stepped up' per se, they choked their lead at the end of Game 6 and in the closing minutes of Game 7 Spurs were up by 4 with possession. They could have taken the Clippers out multiple times, but never could succeed.

Did they have the talent to win? Certainly. But they never played with the right system or mentality. Too much Parker ISOs, not enough Mills, Leonard could never get shots until the 4th quarter, they clanked wide open threes, I could go on.

It truly is a shame because if the Spurs played with even 3/4ths of the intensity and will they had during last year's run, right now we would've been the favorite in the WCF.

Pretty much. That's why they were title favorites.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-18-2015, 07:19 AM
we would've lost 2 games at least

No, if the Parker would have rested up during the Clip series, the Spurs would have swept them w/o Beverly. Especially the way the Rockets started that series. They just came alive the last two games.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Spurs simply didn't have it in them this year. The last time the Spurs lost against a WC team was in 2012 against OKC. The Spurs were fat and happy after ringing and understandably so.

Spurs had it in them. Look at Duncan's performance. It's just Parker was so damn persistent on playing 30+ minutes a night that it killed the team's chances of advancing. If he limited himself to 15-20 minutes a night, no doubt in my mind the Spurs would have won against the Clips.

Just like I blame Pop for losing the series two years ago, I will blame Parker for wasted the Spurs chance at a repeat this year.

urunobili
05-18-2015, 09:44 AM
without a healthy squad no way tbh

ezau
05-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Spurs had it in them. Look at Duncan's performance. It's just Parker was so damn persistent on playing 30+ minutes a night that it killed the team's chances of advancing. If he limited himself to 15-20 minutes a night, no doubt in my mind the Spurs would have won against the Clips.

Just like I blame Pop for losing the series two years ago, I will blame Parker for wasted the Spurs chance at a repeat this year.

They didn't had it in them if you're going to compare the Spurs to their 2014 version. Spurs were your typical champs who thought that they could turn on the 'switch' anytime. Sometimes, the 2014 Spurs showed up, just like when they did string 11 straight games. However, this year's West is too damn stacked and motivated that you can't afford to sleepwalk through for a few months. Had the Spurs take care of business and won games they're supposed to win, they would be in the WCF right now.

DMX7
05-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Swept? I don't think so but maybe a 6 game series win.

spurs10
05-18-2015, 01:16 PM

Just like I blame Pop for losing the series two years ago, I will blame Parker for wasted the Spurs chance at a repeat this year. I'm glad it's finally being revealed that Tony decides how many minutes he'll play and Pop has nothing to do with it.

Xevious
05-18-2015, 01:40 PM
It really doesn't matter. It's hard to picture the Spurs getting very far with Parker playing the way he was. But what does suck is that every team left has looked vulnerable.

Uriel
05-23-2015, 03:01 AM

Spursone
05-23-2015, 10:43 AM
This is as embarrassing as last year when the Rockets said they would have beaten the Spurs if they got past the first round.. you lost in the first round... stfu and deal with it imo.

Yeah, I agree, but If I would have been 8 feet tall instead of 5'7", had the skill set of LeBron/Jordan, the Basketball IQ of Larry Bird and played for the Spurs we could had beat LA, Houston, and Repeated!