tholdren
05-15-2015, 09:51 PM
Antonio McDyess or Tiago Splitter?

dabom
05-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Splitter

Sean Cagney
05-16-2015, 02:20 AM
In their prime no comparison.. On the Spurs Dyess was pretty old and slowed down. Splitter is better as a Spur.

Silver&Black
05-16-2015, 02:27 AM
In their prime no comparison.. On the Spurs Dyess was pretty old and slowed down. Splitter is better as a Spur.

Wait...Splitter had a "prime"? I must have missed it....

Sean Cagney
05-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Wait...Splitter had a "prime"? I must have missed it....

Well, if you can call last year some what of a prime then for the oft injured guy yes :lol He has been hurt though or just not played alot since he has been in SA, Pop really started playing him in 012 and he was pretty good when so called healthy.

cd98
05-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Only problem with Antonio was injuries. But for that, he was a stud.

therealtruth
05-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Splitter used to be good overseas. Could even hit jumpers. Joining the Spurs totally destroyed his game.

barbacoataco
05-16-2015, 08:59 PM
McDyess with the Spurs was kinda good, but never really showed up when it mattered.

spursparker9
05-17-2015, 12:10 AM
Splitter used to be good overseas. Could even hit jumpers. Joining the Spurs totally destroyed his game.

Same with Dick Jefferson too.

He was never the same after joining the Spurs.

Sean Cagney
05-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Same with Dick Jefferson too.

He was never the same after joining the Spurs.

He was a 20 ppg guy in Milwaukee that one year I remember, was excited when we got him because I thought he would bring that scoring punch to the Spurs but it never happened. He did not fit the system as well, has not been the same since either as you said.

spursparker9
05-17-2015, 12:30 AM
Pop ruined Jefferson career by wanting him to be like Bowen.

Poor dick...

KaiRMD1
05-17-2015, 12:40 AM
When Splitter is healthy, dude is a beast, there's no denying that. Dice did his thing but against the Grizzlies, he was an absolute non-factor whereas Splitter helped put the clamp on them to the tune of a sweep. I'm going by that, Dice was worse

DJR210
05-17-2015, 12:58 AM
IIRC, McDyess played w/ heart in the Memphis series when Manu had the broken arm..

Dice did his thing but against the Grizzlies

Ok, looks like I do recall correctly

Maj_G
05-17-2015, 01:13 AM
worse?! Really, both have been great additions to our roster. Ask Bill Simmons, lol

tholdren
05-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Which was worse - The loyalty card pop played with Antonio who was the worst player in the playoffs 2 years in a row(2010,2011), OR this year with parker, same reason?

Budkin
05-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Splitter was injured this year if you didn't realize it.

Chinook
05-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Splitter was injured this year if you didn't realize it.

Splitter sucks ... but the year he can't play in the post-season, the Spurs have their quickest exit since ... the last time Splitter didn't play a lot. Sounds smart. In fact, let's look even more closely.

2011 Griz: Splitter is a bench warmer; Spurs are embarrassed
2012 Thunder: Hack-a-Splitter makes Pop bench Tiago. Spurs give up a backdoor sweep.
2013 Heat: Splitter gets marginalized due to hyper small-ball. Spurs get 6'd.
2014: Splitter plays a big role in all four series; Spurs win title.
2015 Clips: Tiago is injured and doesn't get to play many minutes; Spurs lose in first round again.

There's clearly a pattern here, and it's not "Tiago is useless."

I will forever have a place in my sports heart for Dice after that Lakers tip-in. But he doesn't hold Tiago's jock as a Spur. C'mon.

dabom
05-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Injured splitter is more likely than healthy splitter. Dump this loser.

tholdren
05-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Splitter sucks ... but the year he can't play in the post-season, the Spurs have their quickest exit since ... the last time Splitter didn't play a lot. Sounds smart. In fact, let's look even more closely.

2011 Griz: Splitter is a bench warmer; Spurs are embarrassed
2012 Thunder: Hack-a-Splitter makes Pop bench Tiago. Spurs give up a backdoor sweep.
2013 Heat: Splitter gets marginalized due to hyper small-ball. Spurs get 6'd.
2014: Splitter plays a big role in all four series; Spurs win title.
2015 Clips: Tiago is injured and doesn't get to play many minutes; Spurs lose in first round again.

There's clearly a pattern here, and it's not "Tiago is useless."

I will forever have a place in my sports heart for Dice after that Lakers tip-in. But he doesn't hold Tiago's jock as a Spur. C'mon.

Terrible argument. Spurs have a better win% against the clippers with Splitter off the court than on.... fact.

Chinook
05-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Terrible argument. Spurs have a better win% against the clippers with Splitter off the court than on.... fact.

Dude, you've become the king of horrible misrepresentations of stats. The Spurs have played three games against LAC without Splitter since he's been on the team. That's three ... of 28. They went 2-1 in those games and 15-10 in the remaining games with him. Before this series it was 12-6 ... which is the same percentage as the without numbers but with a larger sample size. In fact, had he sat out and had the series still gone this way, then the Spurs would have a combined record of 5-5 against LAC without to 12-6 with. Blame the dude for playing injured, I guess.

And your rebuttal didn't even say anything about my post, btb. It's pretty irrefutable that Splitter being neutralized has really undercut the Spurs in the playoffs. For some reasons, people take that to mean Splitter is expendable. To me, if you not being on the court is leading to your team getting knocked out of the post-season pretty much every time, you're pretty damned valuable.