PDA

View Full Version : What is the least amount of money Ginobili will take?

MultiTroll
05-16-2015, 10:44 AM
Differing opinions on whether or not GNob should come back and how many minutes he could/would play.
Most will agree if he would come back for less it would help the Spurs.
Most NBA players go for the most they can get whether they earn it or not.
Player of His Era Timmy Duncan sets the fine example of a legit All Star player leading a Championship team for 1/2 of what he could get.

Will GNob do the same?
If so, what is the lowest he would go?

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-16-2015, 10:44 AM
I'd think the lowest he'd go is $4 million.

MultiTroll
05-16-2015, 11:08 AM
I'd think the lowest he'd go is $4 million.
Yes i think you are right and to me it's sad if he would not go lower.
I'd like to see him sit all b2bs and also take entire games off.
Strictly get ready to be a fire plug in the playoffs.
2 mil.

He has already been paid, what 90 million for his career?

Mikeanaro
05-16-2015, 12:19 PM
50 million cash.

kaji157
05-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Veteran Minium or Bi anual exception.
If he wantīs to play he wonīt demand any money, only if there is something left.
Guy is not playing for Spurs money anyways, just by staing active he has a lot of endorsment asi it is.

Sean Cagney
05-16-2015, 01:09 PM
No clue, it's up to him what he will take and no answer will come from a message board to tell you the truth.

cjw
05-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Manu's last game will be in Rio at the Olympics. I imagine he comes back at the bi-annual exception with the understanding that his minutes will be managed very heavily.

AFBlue
05-16-2015, 01:34 PM
I'm gonna say $3M with the caveat that he might get a partially guaranteed second year....probably $5M guaranteed when all is said and done.

SilverSpur
05-16-2015, 01:39 PM
3 million maybe less to help team, IF team is close to signing free agents.

Uriel
05-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Ben Wallace played his last year for the Pistons at the veteran's minimum. So did Chauncey Billups, if I'm not mistaken.

Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili have made enough money in their careers and are only chasing championships at this point. Obviously, having them play for the minimum will be a huge sacrifice on their part, especially since they can command far more than that in the open market.

But if the Spurs are serious about making a run at Gasol or Aldridge this offseason while keeping their core intact, Duncan and Ginobili playing for the minimum might be the only way to do it. We'll see this offseason how truly committed they are to that goal if they're willing to make the sacrifice.

cd98
05-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Ben Wallace played his last year for the Pistons at the veteran's minimum. So did Chauncey Billups, if I'm not mistaken.

Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili have made enough money in their careers and are only chasing championships at this point. Obviously, having them play for the minimum will be a huge sacrifice on their part, especially since they can command far more than that in the open market.

But if the Spurs are serious about making a run at Gasol or Aldridge this offseason while keeping their core intact, Duncan and Ginobili playing for the minimum might be the only way to do it. We'll see this offseason how truly committed they are to that goal if they're willing to make the sacrifice.

They shouldn't play for peanuts. If they comeback, they are committed to run. Most of us would not take a paycut in our jobs so that the company can go hire someone else. Why should they?

smaka
05-16-2015, 02:45 PM
They shouldn't play for peanuts. If they comeback, they are committed to run. Most of us would not take a paycut in our jobs so that the company can go hire someone else. Why should they?

Most of us will never make 1/10 of $ what they've made throughout their careers.

Spurs9
05-16-2015, 02:50 PM
$3million,fiddy

ducks
05-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Vet min

cd98
05-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Most of us will never make 1/10 of $ what they've made throughout their careers.

Doesn't really matter. I wouldn't turn down a 5 million dollar contract just because I had 120 million in the bank.

ElNono
05-16-2015, 05:08 PM
The way the Spurs operate, you'll never know these things. You're gonna get a contract figure, and that's about it. Hopefully it works out well for him and the Spurs looking into acquiring extra talent.

cjw
05-16-2015, 05:17 PM
I'm gonna say $3M with the caveat that he might get a partially guaranteed second year....probably $5M guaranteed when all is said and done.

Interesting to think about a partially guaranteed second year.

If using cap space, couldn't they renounce Manu (releasing cap hold) and then sign him to the room exception ($2.814mm) and attach the partial guarantee to year 2? Could be a wink-wink that the team would release him and he'd collect the year 2 guarantee without having to play in '16-'17.

TXstbobcat
05-16-2015, 06:10 PM
My guess is the lowest he would take is $2.5 million.

Ice009
05-16-2015, 06:14 PM
My guess is the lowest he would take is $2.5 million.

Interesting number. Manu started on the LLE if I'm not mistaken? Maybe he can finish on a similar amount to help the team acquire more talent.

MultiTroll
05-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Doesn't really matter. I wouldn't turn down a 5 million dollar contract just because I had 120 million in the bank.
Does matter. Timmy Duncan took half of what he could have gotten and the Spurs won the Championship in 2014.

Godbama
05-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Just tell him if he takes a 30 dollar two year contract we can guarantee he retire on his first back to back. :)

slick'81
05-16-2015, 10:35 PM
4-5 mil would probably get it done

Sean Cagney
05-16-2015, 11:26 PM

Duncan is not going to play for the vet minimum, get real. He is playing at a way higher level than those guys you mentioned with Detroit, still at his age an all star.

Strategic
05-16-2015, 11:35 PM
May be the best reason for offering Manu another contract is to help the Spurs' marketing bottom line?

MultiTroll
11-20-2015, 11:40 AM
SpursTalk prognosticators were varied, but quite a few of you were close.

GNob at 2.8 w option for 2016-17
Duncan at 5.2 " " "

What a fine example they set.

Q could not would but could Parker take a pay cut? Or does the players association not allow that on an existing contract?

kaji157
11-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Veteran Minium or Bi anual exception.
If he wantīs to play he wonīt demand any money, only if there is something left.
Guy is not playing for Spurs money anyways, just by staing active he has a lot of endorsment asi it is.

Didnīt he took the bi anual?

TXstbobcat
11-20-2015, 11:57 AM
SpursTalk prognosticators were varied, but quite a few of you were close.

GNob at 2.8 w option for 2016-17
Duncan at 5.2 " " "

What a fine example they set.

Q could not would but could Parker take a pay cut? Or does the players association not allow that on an existing contract?

Parker can't take a pay cut on his existing contract.

testies
11-20-2015, 08:52 PM
we miss the GOAT playmaker...

*fkin admins won't let me make threads, i have to bumd ol dones*

hater
11-20-2015, 09:04 PM
One dollar

DAF86
11-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Give him the max. This team can't do shit without him.

NASpurs
11-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Give him the max. This team can't do shit without him.

Truth bomb.