PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili: " I play a role"

apalisoc_9
05-16-2015, 11:25 AM
how many times have these legendary dudes have stated that their roles have changed and that they just play a role now in the team? Timmy this year from RS game 1 to playoffs continuously said the same thing. Ginobili last year kept saying the same thing which lead to his great performance in the finals last year.

It's so hard for previous stars to play a reduced role, IMO. but Timmy and Gino have adopted...

Timmy is probably still the best Center in the league, and like he says..He's playing really good basketball because he has come to accept his role.

And they've shown that it's not just words..It also refelects on their game.

Honestly with this kind of mentality...I wouldn't mind seeing them for another 2 years..I know there's talks of timmy and Manu retiring, but fuk that shit...Old and fat washed players that can't accept new roles are usually players you wish gets injured..Big Ego players like Kobe and the likes, detrimental players.

Timmy and Manu though..even if they were 45, they'd still be contributing IMO.

kobyz
05-16-2015, 12:35 PM
You full of shit worse than skip bayless, go away!!!

MultiTroll
05-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Duncan, absolutely.
Turnobili, he needs to hit the replays of his turnovers perhaps with the aid of coaching staff.
Figure out what is going on in his mind that leads to these turns.

Joe Montana sat with Mike Holmgren for hours going over what lead to his INTs.
It was extremely fruitful, with Holmgren going over what lead emotionally and not so much Xs and Os as to what lead to the INTs.
Joe said it helped tremendously and did indeed greatly cut down on his INTs.

Every good reason for GNob to do the same.
Im kind of in disbelief he has not already done this. Maybe he has? I doubt it, it's not showing up enough on the court.

apalisoc_9
05-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Ginobili was bad against LA but during the RS this season his production was above average.

ducks
05-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Can not make threes

sammy
05-16-2015, 04:28 PM
how many times have these legendary dudes have stated that their roles have changed and that they just play a role now in the team? Timmy this year from RS game 1 to playoffs continuously said the same thing. Ginobili last year kept saying the same thing which lead to his great performance in the finals last year.

It's so hard for previous stars to play a reduced role, IMO. but Timmy and Gino have adopted...

Timmy is probably still the best Center in the league, and like he says..He's playing really good basketball because he has come to accept his role.

And they've shown that it's not just words..It also refelects on their game.

Honestly with this kind of mentality...I wouldn't mind seeing them for another 2 years..I know there's talks of timmy and Manu retiring, but fuk that shit...Old and fat washed players that can't accept new roles are usually players you wish gets injured..Big Ego players like Kobe and the likes, detrimental players.

Timmy and Manu though..even if they were 45, they'd still be contributing IMO.

I agree! Manu is the leader of the bench! Of course the haters will come on this board to trash Manu! Fuck those bitches!

FuzzyLumpkins
05-16-2015, 05:28 PM
:lol well that has to be disappointing that you have to get trolls to come with indignation cause you cannot get it on your own anymore.

KaiRMD1
05-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Duncan I can see returning but not Ginobili. I just didn't see the fire in him as much this year. Not to say he didn't try but it wasn't like last year. Evita knew he fucked up bad in 2013 finals and he was hell bent on making up for it, which he did. Then again, who's to say he won't be ready to make up for it again next year. God knows Porker couldn't care less. Old sport's been underwhelming for two straight playoff runs.

spursparker9
05-17-2015, 01:17 AM
Technically being the main man is a role too