PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Is Herman Munsters legacy on the line?

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 12:46 PM
A Rockets win tonight thus advancing to Round 3 would be an accomplishment given McHales 2013 and 2014 1st Round losses.
I think even if the Rockets advance and then flame out vs the Warriors it would be considered by Rockets management and RocketFan to be an okay season.

A loss and the underachiever label gets pretty stuck.
Doe McHale come back next year with a loss to the Clippers?

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 12:54 PM
OTOH can you imagine if Herman takes them not only past the Clippers but past the Warriors?
Total successful season even with a Finals loss.

NBA Champs? Hermans legacy is set regardless of what comes the next 10 years.

Okay back to tonight. :lol

DMC
05-17-2015, 01:01 PM
They've already had an OK season. They are still playing games, still making money at home and on the road. The ticket booths are still active. The bonus they get for progressing is just a token, but McHale's job is safe.

LkrFan
05-17-2015, 01:10 PM
Hermun Munster? :lol

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Hermun Munster? :lol
Another ST poster coined it. Or at least used it 1st here at ST. I don't recall who.
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_3zAVqVAAAW2-7.jpg

Beaverfuzz
05-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Houston is going to lay the beatdown on the Slipps today. Slips are done, stick the fork in them.

LkrFan
05-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Another ST poster coined it. Or at least used it 1st here at ST. I don't recall who.

:rollin

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 01:25 PM
Houston is going to lay the beatdown on the Slipps today. Slips are done, stick the fork in them.
Will McHale have the nads to, if once again the bench / those other then Harden are producing to go with the producers? Even if it means benching Harden?

DMC
05-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Will McHale have the nads to, if once again the bench / those other then Harden are producing to go with the producers? Even if it means benching Harden?

It's never about the nads. It's about the relationship with the player. Harden hasn't been there long enough to have developed a real relationship with his coach. In SA, they've been together too long to use a common sense approach. For them, it's never about winning, but about maintaining their chemistry on and off the court. Teams that make it solely about winning, like the Lakers historically, spend a lot of money to get the best players and have a high turnover rate but they have the fan base to make up for it. Spurs don't have the type of fan base that would adopt a new face of the team every 3 or 4 years.

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 01:31 PM
It's never about the nads. It's about the relationship with the player. Harden hasn't been there long enough to have developed a real relationship with his coach. In SA, they've been together too long to use a common sense approach. For them, it's never about winning, but about maintaining their chemistry on and off the court. Teams that make it solely about winning, like the Lakers historically, spend a lot of money to get the best players and have a high turnover rate but they have the fan base to make up for it. Spurs don't have the type of fan base that would adopt a new face of the team every 3 or 4 years.
I know there are a huge number of PollyAnna Poppers but if you think the fan base / profits / interest would not sustain or even increase with another Championship (a repeat of that) vs Pop n Porkers "The View" relationship......
please.

Clipper Nation
05-17-2015, 01:36 PM
McHale already saved his job.

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 01:53 PM
McHale already saved his job.
Cn,
from a Clipper Fans point of view did you weigh in on the other side on Pops overuse of Porker / benching of Patty-Cojo? Im not saying Patty would have sustained his 30 PER in starters minutes and he was getting lit by scrub Rivers combined with kid gloves ref treatment of same Tom Rivers Jr. Anywho, on the other side?

Clipper Nation
05-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Cn,
from a Clipper Fans point of view did you weigh in on the other side on Pops overuse of Porker / benching of Patty-Cojo? Im not saying Patty would have sustained his 30 PER in starters minutes and he was getting lit by scrub Rivers combined with kid gloves ref treatment of same Tom Rivers Jr. Anywho, on the other side?
MVPatty killed us all series long, I breathed a sigh of relief pretty much every time Pop benched him for Porker.

KaiRMD1
05-17-2015, 03:04 PM

Good god you guys are fucking brutal :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Budkin
05-17-2015, 03:11 PM
McHale up for an extension already. Rockets may have won the series but they lost in the long term.

Beaverfuzz
05-17-2015, 05:25 PM

Done deal. Nuts taken away from the Slipps.

TampaDude
05-17-2015, 05:32 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_3zAVqVAAAW2-7.jpghttp://conservativehaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Mitt-Romney-Vanilla.jpg

:lol

Roxsfan
05-17-2015, 05:34 PM

U called it

Beaverfuzz
05-18-2015, 11:53 AM
U called it

I liked the two possessions in a row where Blake got stripped cleanly and he wanted the foul and gave up on the play. Good luck vs the Warriors, make Curry play defense. Howard should have a field day with Bogut and company.

Franklin
05-18-2015, 07:09 PM
it's already a successful season for the Lockets imho, they've reached the farthest point in the playoffs they've been to since Hakeem, thanks mainly to their upgraded set of role players such as Josh and the 2011 champs JET and Brewer.