ducks
05-17-2015, 05:12 PM
Gs will sweep them

spurtech09
05-17-2015, 06:05 PM
going to be a weak nba finals too....

houston spurs fan
05-17-2015, 09:17 PM
How lucky did they get this year avoiding us and a healthy OKC team. And, it's not like they will face the LeBron Heat team. Jesus.

Sean Cagney
05-17-2015, 10:15 PM
going to be a weak nba finals too....

^^^^^^
How lucky did they get this year avoiding us and a healthy OKC team. And, it's not like they will face the LeBron Heat team. Jesus.
LUCKY...... 2007 Spurs lucky when Dallas was out round 1 tbh... That was our main comp.

Malik Hairston
05-17-2015, 10:15 PM
They would have destroyed this year's Spurs, too..

dg7md
05-18-2015, 05:22 AM

Very, very likely. We weren't prepared to face the Clippers, no way we are able to fend off the Warriors either.

Probably best we lost how we did than to be embarrassed in the WCF.

cjw
05-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Very, very likely. We weren't prepared to face the Clippers, no way we are able to fend off the Warriors either.

Our guy responsible for defending their best offensive player was at 50%, at best. And Pop flubbed by wasting Kawhi on Paul (who, unlike most guys in the league, he can't cover) instead of playing Green on him and using Kawhi to take other guys completely out of the game and act as a rover.

LAC is clearly the #2/#3 team in the league but simply ran out of steam. If they go into that series with a healthy Paul, they win it handily.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Everything seems scripted in favor of GS this season. They have a red carpet ahead of them to the title.

z0sa
05-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Yeah, Im feeling a sweep comin on.

TD 21
05-18-2015, 06:22 PM
There's no question they've been the clear best team all season, but they've also had a cakewalk all season. I don't recall even the Lakers having this many things break right.

From their own damn near perfect bill of health, to the Spurs being worn down and beaten up all season, to the Thunder being so injury ravaged that they missed the playoffs entirely, to the playoff bracket in the West literally perfectly aligning for them on the final night of the regular season, to Love being out for the post season, to the Clippers choking away their would be Conference Finals spot.

Those were the only four teams capable of either beating them or at least legitimately pushing them and now they're only going to have to go through one, in a depleted state no less, to claim the title.

Russ
05-18-2015, 06:30 PM
I don't recall even the Lakers having this many things break right.

The '07 Spurs?

TD 21
05-18-2015, 06:35 PM
The '07 Spurs?

They had a lot too, from the suspensions (they probably would have won the series anyway though; how quickly it was forgotten that they were controlling it, despite blowing game 4 late), to the Mavs and Pistons being eliminated, but at least they had one difficult series. Sure, the suspensions impacted it obviously, but still.

The closest thing to a difficult series the Warriors will play, will be against a Cavs team that's missing their 3rd best player and has their 2nd best player severely hobbled.

therealtruth
05-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Everybody forgets the Warriors were down 2-1 to the Grizzlies.

Bynumite
05-18-2015, 08:50 PM

Losing in the 1st round against a team of mental midgets and chokers is always better that losing in the WCF against the future champs. Totally :lmao

dg7md
05-19-2015, 02:30 AM
Losing in the 1st round against a team of mental midgets and chokers is always better that losing in the WCF against the future champs. Totally :lmao

We lost on a last second shot from an all-star coming back from an injury. Unlike most people, I don't write off the Clippers as "mental midgets" or "chokers", they are a great team that had a really terrible last quarter against the Rockets and just ran out of momentum for Game 7, much like we did in 2013.

For us, losing against the Clippers in a hard-fought series beats losing big in a sweep or in anything less than 7. IMO. Also this will awaken the front office, we clearly need to make some changes. Had we made the WCF and lost, we wouldn't have made many (if any) changes at all TBH.

05-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Everybody forgets the Warriors were down 2-1 to the Grizzlies.

05-19-2015, 04:15 AM

Not sure about that. It would heavily depend on Pop's coaching job. If he got it together after the first round like he did last year, then we definitely could've beaten the Warriors, of not then we lose in 5 or 6.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-19-2015, 06:49 AM
Not sure about that. It would heavily depend on Pop's coaching job. If he got it together after the first round like he did last year, then we definitely could've beaten the Warriors, of not then we lose in 5 or 6.

There are no ifs and buts this season - the Spurs didn't have it. Even during the Mavs series last year the Spurs stepped on their throats and destroyed them in the pivotal games 5 and 7. For comparison this year's team blew games 4 and 6 at home against the Clippers. They weren't going to get it together even if they had lucked out and won somehow against LA.

therealtruth
05-19-2015, 07:36 PM
There are no ifs and buts this season - the Spurs didn't have it. Even during the Mavs series last year the Spurs stepped on their throats and destroyed them in the pivotal games 5 and 7. For comparison this year's team blew games 4 and 6 at home against the Clippers. They weren't going to get it together even if they had lucked out and won somehow against LA.

We did blow them out in game 3. There was hope that Spurs team would show up again. I think that team was about to show up in game 6 but Hack-a-jordan destroyed that.

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2015, 10:35 PM
We did blow them out in game 3. There was hope that Spurs team would show up again. I think that team was about to show up in game 6 but Hack-a-jordan destroyed that.

Truthy

Venti Quattro
05-22-2015, 12:56 AM
Rockets win one game at the Toyota Center

davi78239
05-22-2015, 01:10 AM
I think Houston evens it back home. It's going 7...

Sean Cagney
05-22-2015, 01:12 AM
They had a lot too, from the suspensions (they probably would have won the series anyway though; how quickly it was forgotten that they were controlling it, despite blowing game 4 late), to the Mavs and Pistons being eliminated, but at least they had one difficult series. Sure, the suspensions impacted it obviously, but still.

The closest thing to a difficult series the Warriors will play, will be against a Cavs team that's missing their 3rd best player and has their 2nd best player severely hobbled.

I always say that about the 07 series when a Suns fan brings that up or someone else hating, the Spurs BLEW that game 4 and should have been up 3-1 in that series. THE SUNS were NEVER in control of that series, never had the lead yet they think because those guys got suspended it was an automatic win. I have to ask them then what happened game one in PHX? What happened the 3 games they played in which the Spurs won? It is laughable. I agree on all you wrote up there.

Sean Cagney
05-22-2015, 01:13 AM
We did blow them out in game 3. There was hope that Spurs team would show up again. I think that team was about to show up in game 6 but Hack-a-jordan destroyed that.POP FUCKED that series up in that sequence when up 10, they were on the verge. If they just play ball and the Clippers looking tired they win that game, he gave them some rest with that crap honestly and it ruined the Spurs momentum. If I am up 10 and the team looks tired I try to run them ragged, not give them rest.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-22-2015, 03:03 AM

Lol, it was a 4 point game with under 2 to play in game 5, farrrr from a blowout

CGD
05-22-2015, 06:43 AM

Whatevs, we've been the beneficiary of similar luck in past title runs.

hater
05-22-2015, 07:32 AM
:lmao ma niga ducks

Still think team leader Kylie and JR Kobe Smith can go toe to toe with the worriers imo. Despite james

hater
05-22-2015, 07:36 AM

Short bus take tbqh

We matchup well with them worriers in reg season. Playoffs would not have been much different.

We have the 2 best defender combo that can be thrown at the cum brothers. Their frontline is nothing to write home about.

hater
05-22-2015, 07:38 AM
For those guys saying. The spurs didn't have it. Did the rockets, clippers, grizzlies, bulls and Celtics have it?

Thought so.

Even these shitty spurs are easily 3rd best team in the league

BillMc
05-22-2015, 07:49 AM
I always say that about the 07 series when a Suns fan brings that up or someone else hating, the Spurs BLEW that game 4 and should have been up 3-1 in that series. THE SUNS were NEVER in control of that series, never had the lead yet they think because those guys got suspended it was an automatic win. I have to ask them then what happened game one in PHX? What happened the 3 games they played in which the Spurs won? It is laughable. I agree on all you wrote up there.

You're exactly right. There is a lot of revisionist history that says Phoenix would have won, "if only...." The Spurs had control of that series. Not a tight control, but they were already proving to be a better team.

The whole Suns "lost cause" thing is ridiculous. It's like people who say the South would have won if Lee hadn't screwed up at Gettysburg. The result has been mythologized, and turned into a scapegoat for the whole campaign. The rebels were never going to win that war.

The Suns loss has been mythologized as well, the suspensions the excuse. In all probability, Phoenix was never going to win that series. But people in Arizona can shout "the Suns will rise again!"

Horse
05-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Short bus take tbqh

We matchup well with them worriers in reg season. Playoffs would not have been much different.

We have the 2 best defender combo that can be thrown at the cum brothers. Their frontline is nothing to write home about. Word! after the first two games I'm certain we would've beat them.

Budkin
05-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Still can't fucking believe we lost to Choke Paul and Tom Rivers... ugh.

spurs10
05-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Still can't fucking believe we lost to Choke Paul and Tom Rivers... ugh. I'm in denial!! The multiple Barnes fouls....the buzzer...the Tim phantom foul........:bang

Malik Hairston
05-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Short bus take tbqh

We have the 2 best defender combo that can be thrown at the cum brothers. Their frontline is nothing to write home about.

:lol Spurs were the 6 seed and were eliminated in the 1st round by an overrated Clippers team..they just weren't that good, this year, the mileage, injuries and mental fatigue caught up with them..

sammy
05-22-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm in denial!! The multiple Barnes fouls....the buzzer...the Tim phantom foul........:bang

It's a nightmare! Rigged to get the chokers to the next round and then choke 4 games in a row! It should be SA in the WCF! I can't stand GS with all of their cocky arrogance! I'm rooting for Houston even though they are another team I dislike but watching GS being so cocky just irritates the hell out of me! I really want Atlanta to win it all!

TheGreatYacht
04-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Nurkic injured :lol
Gobert injured :lol
Griffin injured :lol

Will these cock suckers ever play a healthy Western Conference team?

UZER
04-22-2017, 12:37 AM

Some is doing voodoo.

Spurtacular
04-22-2017, 01:02 AM
apalisoc_9 has been resurrecting a lot of his old ducks threads lately.

TheGreatYacht
04-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Griffin out rest of postseason lmfao

TheDoctor
04-22-2017, 09:49 AM
LMAO these lucky mfuckers damn

hater
04-22-2017, 10:26 AM
:lmao

good thing looks like Lebron is on a mission hopefully he facefucks these pussies

baseline bum
04-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Griffin out rest of postseason lmfao

Man this guy is such a china doll. He's like their Splitter.

turb0time
04-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Wow lmao

Leetonidas
04-22-2017, 11:01 AM
No Kd in 15, grizzlies injured that year, Cavs injured that year, no Paul and Griffin last year, no nurkic this year, and no Gobert/Griffin in the next round...man fuck GS always benefiting from other injured teams. Not brought up enough imo

daslicer
04-22-2017, 11:12 AM
Their luck reminds me of the Lakers luck from '00-'02. '00- Duncan misses the playoffs, '01- Derek Anderson breaks his shoulders, the Sixers had a ton of injuries in the finals which were Lynch with a broken foot, Mckie with an Ankle Chip fracture, Erick Snow ankle fracture. In '02 Robinson misses the first two games of the Lakers series along with Charles Smith being out for the playoffs, and then against the Kings Peja misses the first 4 games of the series due to a major ankle injury. It just seems like for some teams the perfect storm comes at the right time. For the last 3 years the Warriors had the perfect storm of injuries for the opposition that benefited them. With that being said the Warriors should have 2 championships instead of 1.

LkrFan
04-22-2017, 11:30 AM

The Spurs have the best coach, best front line, a great offensive/defensive system, championship pedigree, and you guys are healthy. No excuses son. :)

Floyd Pacquiao
04-22-2017, 11:44 AM
The Spurs have the best coach, best front line, a great offensive/defensive system, championship pedigree, and you guys are healthy. No excuses son. :)

Best coach? Lol. Great offensive system? Lol

LkrFan
04-22-2017, 12:06 PM
Best coach? Lol. Great offensive system? Lol

- What active coach is better? Oh I get it, you trolling.

- Spurs are 6th in field goal percentage (best front line, as I said)

- 2nd in points allowed (DPOY is on the best front line)

- 1st in shooting 3s (percentage wise)

- 2nd in field goal percentage allowed

- Probably 1 at defending 3s which is huge in small ball era

No excuses. :)

Floyd Pacquiao
04-22-2017, 12:16 PM
- What active coach is better? Oh I get it, you trolling.

- Spurs are 6th in field goal percentage (best front line, as I said)

- 2nd in points allowed (DPOY is on the best front line)

- 1st in shooting 3s (percentage wise)

- 2nd in field goal percentage allowed

- Probably 1 at defending 3s which is huge in small ball era

No excuses. :)

Brad Stevens, Rick Carlisle, Billy Donovan fucking embarrassed him last year and he's been shat on by a 100 inferior coaches before.

As for the offensive system it's just give the ball to kawhi and Aldridge and let them do their thing, theirs no tricks or magic it's just fucking iso 90s ball. the spurs also have the worst back court in the playoffs

LkrFan
04-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Brad Stevens, Rick Carlisle, Billy Donovan fucking embarrassed him last year and he's been shat on by a 100 inferior coaches before.

As for the offensive system it's just give the ball to kawhi and Aldridge and let them do their thing, theirs no tricks or magic it's just fucking iso 90s ball. the spurs also have the worst back court in the playoffs

:lolK - no arguments from me. I hope you sre right. :)

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-22-2017, 12:27 PM

Where does this iso ball shit come from? The Spurs are one of the teams that relies on isos the least. They have one player in top 100 in FGA from isos - Kawhi and he barely makes top 20.

Edit : Also, if you count post ups then only Aldridge does that a lot. Kawhi and Pau barely make top 100.

RD2191
04-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Crofl. Another * title for the dubs.

BatManu20
04-22-2017, 12:33 PM
Golden State fucking owns the Clippers. They were going to smash them either way in 4 or 5 tbh. This just ensures a sweep. But you're right when you say they've benefitted from other team's injuries over the past couple years.

spurs10
04-22-2017, 01:25 PM
You are right! No excuses!
:ihit

siraulo23
04-22-2017, 04:07 PM
Its only right tbh, Lebron cakewalk to the finals

GSW as well

spursistan
04-22-2017, 05:18 PM
I mean, it wasn't going to change the final outcome of those series, but this is getting ridiculous..:lol

TD 21
04-22-2017, 06:21 PM
I mean, it wasn't going to change the final outcome of those series, but this is getting ridiculous..:lol

No, but it probably means less games, definitely means less arduous games and those two things obviously decrease the odds of an injury to Durant, Curry or Green, which is the only thing that can prevent those arrogant pricks from winning the championship.

It's way past getting ridiculous, but I'm sure when they win it, all the nut huggers will be out in full force singing their praises incessantly, even though it'll be akin to men against boys.

Arcadian
04-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Well, the good news is, all the pressure is on them. If they win, it was merely expected. If they lose, they're the biggest faggots of all time. :lol

spursistan
04-29-2017, 01:36 AM
They are going to the Finals 12-0 or 12-1 at worst..Almost confident in saying they won't lose more than 3 games this postseason-- all of which would be a Lebron/Kawhi/CP3 heroics.

dbreiden83080
04-29-2017, 02:00 AM
Isn't it funny that Kevin Durant could go to a contender as a free agent, and somehow single-handedly flush his entire legacy down the toilet. This team played better without him on the fucking roster this season. They can win the championship with his ass sitting on the bench in fucking street clothes.

daslicer
04-29-2017, 02:07 AM
Isn't it funny that Kevin Durant could go to a contender as a free agent, and somehow single-handedly flush his entire legacy down the toilet. This team played better without him on the fucking roster this season. They can win the championship with his ass sitting on the bench in fucking street clothes.

I think he's pretty much shut down any small chance he had of being a top 10 great. If he wins a title with the Warriors he will be viewed in the same light as players like David Robinson, Pippen which is great but not good enough to win being the number 1 guy.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-29-2017, 02:21 AM
They are going to the Finals 12-0 or 12-1 at worst..Almost confident in saying they won't lose more than 3 games this postseason-- all of which would be a Lebron/Kawhi/CP3 heroics.

We led them by 20+ in all 3 games this season

Mikeanaro
04-29-2017, 02:21 AM
I think he's pretty much shut down any small chance he had of being a top 10 great. If he wins a title with the Warriors he will be viewed in the same light as players like David Robinson, Pippen which is great but not good enough to win being the number 1 guy.

When Lebrón ran to miami he was the general, the coach and the boss.
Warrets already had a leader and a whole team rolling and playing the finals, 50 and Pippen were there before any finals appereances, so this is much worse.

dbreiden83080
04-29-2017, 04:14 PM

All because he thought winning a title was too hard. No shit it's hard, it is supposed to be that way. You build your legacy as a player by taking that journey. He jumped off the train..

UZER
04-29-2017, 06:42 PM
All because he thought winning a title was too hard. No shit it's hard, it is supposed to be that way. You build your legacy as a player by taking that journey. He jumped off the train..

And onto the wagon.

hater
04-29-2017, 06:49 PM
I gotta agree lets not forget Lebron had cakewalk to finals pretty much his entire career

TheDoctor
04-30-2017, 01:29 AM
Well, the good news is, all the pressure is on them. If they win, it was merely expected. If they lose, they're the biggest faggots of all time. :lol
:rollin

heyheymymy
04-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Didn't face a starting PG in four rounds when they won in 15.

Holiday
Conley
Beverly
Irving

Now will they go four rounds without facing a talented big at 100%?

Nurkic
Griffin/Gobert
?

TheDoctor
05-01-2017, 12:20 AM
If Rudy stays out of foul trouble and they play at a slow pace, I can see UTAH extending that series by a game or two to a max of 6.

hater
05-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Damn easiest cakewalk to the finals in the history of the game??

Nurkic major injury - out of 1st round series vs worriers
Blake major injury - clippers lose to shitty jazz who face worriers in 2nd round
Parker major injury - spurs lose to rockets or even if they squeak a win, no Parker in West finals
Anderson wrist injury on his shooting hand - just in case

Damn !!!!

Smh
This fucking team

Go San Antonio Cavaliers

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2017, 07:41 AM

Add HOTS to this list