PDA

View Full Version : Both Conference Finals -- One vs. Two . . .

Russ
05-17-2015, 05:32 PM
After all the drama, its One vs. Two in both Conference Finals.

Almost makes you wish the Spurs had won that last regular season game . . .

Sure does . . .

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Good point :bang

gameFACE
05-17-2015, 05:50 PM
LOL at all the "home court advantage doesn't matter in the west". Spurs/Clips and Rockets/Clips proved it is necessary. I still go back to the Lakers, Knicks and Pistons losses. And after an eleven game win streak the Spurs were due for a loss in NO. I mean winning in NO would have gotten them the 2 seed, of course. But that game should have been one to rest Tim, Manu, etc. They would have had solid rest that week. Oh well.......

timtonymanu
05-17-2015, 05:52 PM
LOL at all the "home court advantage doesn't matter in the west". Spurs/Clips and Rockets/Clips proved it is necessary. I still go back to the Lakers, Knicks and Pistons losses. And after an eleven game win streak the Spurs were due for a loss in NO. I mean winning in NO would have gotten them the 2 seed, of course. But that game should have been one to rest Tim, Manu, etc. They would have had solid rest that week. Oh well.......

Even without HCA, the Spurs won 2 road games and ended up throwing away 2 chances at home to blow the series open. By going up 3-1 or winning the series. But they didn't. Our team just wasn't a contender this year. Simple as that.

gameFACE
05-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Even without HCA, the Spurs won 2 road games and ended up throwing away 2 chances at home to blow the series open. By going up 3-1 or winning the series. But they didn't. Our team just wasn't a contender this year. Simple as that.

They had a chance at a 2 seed. They were contenders.

Not many 6 seeds have a 55-27 record. They were contenders.

z0sa
05-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Yeah, the Spurs basically threw away their chance at a repeat when they sleepwalked through that Hornets loss.

spurtech09
05-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the Spurs basically threw away their chance at a repeat when they sleepwalked through that Hornets loss.true

Mikeanaro
05-17-2015, 06:15 PM
That game was the line.

SpurPadre
05-17-2015, 08:10 PM
If we won that final game or any of the other blown reg. season games and had the #2 seed, we might have still lost to the Clips in Rd. 2 considering we ended up losing 2 home games to them anyways and with TP still playing like shit.

Agloco
05-17-2015, 08:23 PM

This. The Spurs played like ass when it mattered most. That was true the entire season not just down the stretch or in the playoffs. Championship teams don't blow games like they did this year.

Maj_G
05-17-2015, 08:26 PM
it was the game against NY that did it. I understand loosing to the Pelicans, esp after that super long win streak we were on. But loosing to the knicks early when we just didn't not show up and allowed guys like sved and forgot who else have career nights.

ceperez
05-17-2015, 09:35 PM
I think the Rockets beat the Clippers simply because they had more rest. Clippers had to play a game 7 against the spurs. They just didn't have anything left in the tank to compete.

Spurs would have likely lost against the Rockets for the same reason. In fact, Pop in his last interview alluded to the fact that the Spurs may have nothing left in the tank to have exited the 2nd round.

baseline bum
05-17-2015, 10:04 PM
After all the drama, its One vs. Two in both Conference Finals.

Almost makes you wish the Spurs had won that last regular season game . . .

Sure does . . .

'Eh, they had three home games and won one. This doesn't seem anything like say, the 2013 Finals, where homecourt really was the difference between winning and losing.

lefty
05-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Tony Parker didnt give a shit about the regular season

Fuckking phaggot

Budkin
05-17-2015, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the Spurs basically threw away their chance at a repeat when they sleepwalked through that Hornets loss.

Spurs played like shit in so many games this season... Should have never come down to that game.

Malik Hairston
05-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Spurs were eliminated for a reason, they just weren't that good, this year, tbh..

Splitter's injury, one of the worst PGs in the NBA killing the team, and the mileage/fatigue from 2 consecutive June runs..

spurs10
05-17-2015, 11:04 PM
Spurs played like shit in so many games this season... Should have never come down to that game. Yeah I agree. The Peli loss was almost to be expected and it did keep the Thunderefs out of the playoffs. The Knicks?? The Pistons??

z0sa
05-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Spurs played like shit in so many games this season... Should have never come down to that game.

... but it did. And they knew that it came down to that game, before the game, yet played with 0 fire.

Capt Bringdown
05-18-2015, 12:20 AM
The Spurs looked like shit against Dallas last year in the 1st round. But they got better, obviously, as the playoffs rolled on.
I'm as pessimistic as they come, but the playoffs are not a foregone conclusion. That's why they call it the second season.
The Spurs underachieved in the 1st round without a doubt. They came in having lost the last game of the season with a losing mentality. They didn't want or believe it enough.
They should be in the conference finals.

Kool Bob Love
05-18-2015, 01:18 AM
Klay and curry would have ran a train on Kawhi.

Uriel
05-18-2015, 05:10 AM
:pctoss