PDA

View Full Version : NY TIMES: Fake Diplomas, Real Cash

DMX7
05-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Pretty jaw dropping story... businesses have no shame. :wow

Seen from the Internet, it is a vast education empire: hundreds of universities and high schools, with elegant names and smiling professors at sun-dappled American campuses.

Their websites, glossy and assured, offer online degrees in dozens of disciplines, like nursing and civil engineering. There are glowing endorsements on the CNN iReport website, enthusiastic video testimonials, and State Department authentication certificates bearing the signature of Secretary of State John Kerry.

“We host one of the most renowned faculty in the world,” boasts a woman introduced in one promotional video as the head of a law school. “Come be a part of Newford University to soar the sky of excellence.”

Yet on closer examination, this picture shimmers like a mirage. The news reports are fabricated. The professors are paid actors. The university campuses exist only as stock photos on computer servers. The degrees have no true accreditation...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/18/world/asia/fake-diplomas-real-cash-pakistani-company-axact-reaps-millions-columbiana-barkley.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hfczy_newford-university-student-sharing-her-views-about-the-university_school

bigzak25
05-17-2015, 11:15 PM
What a fucking shame. I hope these con men lose their asses.

spurraider21
05-18-2015, 01:08 AM
this is probably the only place avante could actually get a degree tbh

Infinite_limit
05-18-2015, 01:28 AM
Unable to read article right now but are the diplomas......working? I knew some guys from High School that lied on their job application. Boasting un-earned degrees. 2 of them were caught after 8 years. Told to return and finish while job waits for them. They moved on (to lesser results).

It kinda illustrates the whole joke of the situation. A-lot of Degrees will result in the individual being trained for the job anyway. People can fake it.

My cousins BF (Poland) shared how his IT company hired a guy. He was given a project and first week called in sick. Made some last minute excuse when it was time for presentation. So when the deadline neared again the following week he vanished for good.

I actually attended my GFs University Graduation today. She finished Biology so walked with only the Science fields. The group [200 people] was 1/3 the size of the Business, Criminal Justice, Communication etc majors .

The Science was entirely Whites, Asians and Indians

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2015, 01:50 AM
you see alot of these clowns popping up in 3rd world countries selling uncredited degrees and education...

and when these clowns go overseas for employment, their degrees is not worth the paper its written on and always get knock back or force redo the degree

you know who are the biggest kents who fake diplomas/degrees? are the children of dogs in politics...they get the opportunity to further themselves overseas only to drop out and produce a fake diploma for a job parents already setup for them.....lucky some govts out there are clamping down on son of bitches with fake diplomas

DMX7
05-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Unable to read article right now but are the diplomas......working? I knew some guys from High School that lied on their job application. Boasting un-earned degrees. 2 of them were caught after 8 years. Told to return and finish while job waits for them. They moved on (to lesser results).

It kinda illustrates the whole joke of the situation. A-lot of Degrees will result in the individual being trained for the job anyway. People can fake it.

That's true, but it doesn't mean that if someone had the degree they wouldn't have been better at the job and a faster learner. So the employer basically got a dishonest employee and one who likely wasn't as good/qualified as advertised.

m>s
05-18-2015, 10:34 AM
^I don't feel sorry for the employers though they've had the people bent over the barrel for at least 7 years now. In all honesty real wages haven't increased since the 70s but productivity demands have gone way up. Corporate America is hell.

DMC
05-18-2015, 07:28 PM
The problem isn't so much fake degrees, but hiring managers who don't know the difference between an educated professional and a poser. They use software filters to select candidates for interview, then the people who interview are often more interested in talking than listening. They often have a preconceived notion of the candidate's eligibility prior to the sit, so the candidate often just has to not say anything stupid. What, you're willing to work 60 hours a week for 40hr week pay? You want a "manager" title? No problem.. can you start Monday? Bill quit and no one wants that group. You'll do for 2 months until we can find a way to absorb the duties in other areas.

DMX7
05-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Head of Axact. His CEO seal resembles President Obama's.

http://s26.postimg.org/81iow3m1l/axact_post_3.jpg

Official Response from Axact: http://www.axact.com/defamation-response/

DMX7
05-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Pakistani Investigators Raid Offices of Axact, Fake Diploma Company

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/world/asia/pakistani-investigators-raid-offices-of-axact-fake-diploma-company.html?_r=0