PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson

palangi
05-17-2015, 10:24 PM
Why not trade Diaw and let Kyle take over as a point forward. He has the same skill as Diaw, but comes with more length and height.

Anderson just needs to add some strength to play the 4. But his speed (or lack there of) is less exposed.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2015, 10:27 PM
:lmao

jeebus
05-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Because Stephen Hawking can run the court faster than Fat Head.

100%duncan
05-17-2015, 10:29 PM
lol

Malik Hairston
05-17-2015, 10:35 PM

:lol..

Spurs9
05-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Slowmo :cry

unleashbaynes
05-17-2015, 10:40 PM

100%duncan
05-17-2015, 10:46 PM

SpurPadre
05-17-2015, 11:24 PM

Well, TP thinks he's pretty fast, tbh.

cd98
05-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Not sure Anderson is NBA material.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-18-2015, 12:45 AM
:lol

testies
05-18-2015, 01:04 AM
You mean Kyle Anderson, the sketch four? :lol

Sean Cagney
05-18-2015, 02:24 AM
Some of our fans at times I swear to god.....

cd021
05-18-2015, 04:09 AM
How about him actually playing meaningful NBA minutes first. I would like to see him get some back SF minutes this season and experiment with him playing the four as well

Obstructed_View
05-18-2015, 04:32 AM
Because everyone has already decided that he can't play.

That said, let's actually see if he can play in something more than the D league before trading the guy ahead of him. I'd love to see if he could run the point with Patty at the 2. The Spurs could be pretty flexible if he actually turns out to be a useful pro.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 06:02 AM
You mean Kyle Anderson, the sketch four? :lol

DDUBB1770
05-18-2015, 07:38 AM
He fucking stinks!!! Boris can be an ass who only turns it on when he wants but he doesn't fucking stink!!!

cd98
05-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Because everyone has already decided that he can't play.

That said, let's actually see if he can play in something more than the D league before trading the guy ahead of him. I'd love to see if he could run the point with Patty at the 2. The Spurs could be pretty flexible if he actually turns out to be a useful pro.

Obviously its too early to write him off, but it's also too early to plan on him being a starting PG, or replacing Manu or Diaw. We are still waiting to see if he can play in the NBA. When he did play last year, he was no better than Austin Daye. Not saying he can't get better, but he's at least two years away from being a contributor, if he can get to that level.

cjw
05-18-2015, 08:34 AM
30th picks rarely work out (though imagine having Jimmy Butler instead of CoJo) and if he does, it's icing on the cake.

Yes, he's slow but you're comparing him to wings. There are plenty of 4's in the league slower than he is. Would be interesting to see him get minutes with Kawhi where Kawhi can take the tougher defensive assignment.

cd98
05-18-2015, 09:00 AM
30th picks rarely work out (though imagine having Jimmy Butler instead of CoJo) and if he does, it's icing on the cake.

Yes, he's slow but you're comparing him to wings. There are plenty of 4's in the league slower than he is. Would be interesting to see him get minutes with Kawhi where Kawhi can take the tougher defensive assignment.

He's too skinny to play the 4. He'd get manhandled on defense.

Brazil
05-18-2015, 09:49 AM

Proxy
05-18-2015, 11:47 AM
People look at player replacement like it's a video game or something.

a lot of people who believe in this kid now are in love with the idea of him, rather than basing their opinion on what they've seen so far.

Replacing Manu or Boris is a stupid thought.

cjw
05-18-2015, 12:02 PM
He's too skinny to play the 4. He'd get manhandled on defense.

How the F is he 230 pounds? Skinniest 230 I've ever seen.

wildbill2u
05-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Pop truly believes in the merit system, e.g., play better than the guy in front of you in practice and when you get a chance in a real NBA game situation build on that opportunity and you can move up. Anderson hasn't proved he can beat out the guys in front of him yet and may never get there.

It was obvious from his lack of playing time in the playoffs and close regular season games that the current evaluation doesn't show him to be one of the rare #30 picks whose talent level is such that they can come right in as a 'must play' him player.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2015, 12:41 PM

a lot of people who believe in this kid now are in love with the idea of him, rather than basing their opinion on what they've seen so far.

Pete Myers replaced Michael Jordan. Players don't play forever, so guys have to take their place, even if they aren't better.

A lot of people who hate Anderson just assume he's slow, rather than basing their opinion on what they've seen so far.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Pop truly believes in the merit system, e.g., play better than the guy in front of you in practice and when you get a chance in a real NBA game situation build on that opportunity and you can move up. Anderson hasn't proved he can beat out the guys in front of him yet and may never get there.

It was obvious from his lack of playing time in the playoffs and close regular season games that the current evaluation doesn't show him to be one of the rare #30 picks whose talent level is such that they can come right in as a 'must play' him player.

Pop has sometimes shown that he won't even play the must-play guys. With the depth the Spurs had this season, Anderson would have had to be a 30-15-10 guy in the D league to have a chance to crack the rotation.

cd98
05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
How the F is he 230 pounds? Skinniest 230 I've ever seen.

Yeah it's 230 stretched. If he was 6'4, he'd be either fat or built, but if he's say 6'9, that's just going to run thin. Plus he doesn't have a muscle like build.

boutons_deux
05-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Plus he doesn't have a muscle like build.

... yep, Manu and Tim are heavily muscled, that's why they'll make the HOF.

Chinook
05-18-2015, 01:47 PM

I don't think it's stupid seeing as Manu could very well be gone next season and someone will replace him. Can Anderson do everything Manu did/does? Hell no. But there are some things he can do that Ginobili didn't/doesn't. The Spurs will have to find their way eventually.

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2015, 01:51 PM

This little bit of hype over Kyle Anderson reminds me of that excitement over the Spurs 1st round pick a few years ago of that guy who I can't remember his name anymore.

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2015, 01:51 PM
This little bit of hype over Kyle Anderson reminds me of that excitement over the Spurs 1st round pick a few years ago of that guy who I can't remember his name anymore.

James Anderson. That guy.