PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Tree of Woj ethers the Lakers

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 12:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/after-a-collosal-collapse--the-clippers-are-back-on-the-brink-043705162.html

Between then and now, the Clippers will catch a lot of hell. They deserve it, just like they did the praise of beating the Spurs. There are no parades for winning first-round series, especially in Los Angeles. "The Clippers are still the Clippers," Magic Johnson gleefully tweeted on Sunday. Truth be told, the Lakers are the Clippers now. The Lakers franchise is in shambles, gutted of talent, devoid of direction and desperate for the bounce of a pingpong ball at Tuesday night's draft lottery in New York.

Killakobe81
05-18-2015, 12:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/after-a-collosal-collapse--the-clippers-are-back-on-the-brink-043705162.html

Between then and now, the Clippers will catch a lot of hell. They deserve it, just like they did the praise of beating the Spurs. There are no parades for winning first-round series, especially in Los Angeles. "The Clippers are still the Clippers," Magic Johnson gleefully tweeted on Sunday. Truth be told, the Lakers are the Clippers now. The Lakers franchise is in shambles, gutted of talent, devoid of direction and desperate for the bounce of a pingpong ball at Tuesday night's draft lottery in New York.

Not untrue ...
But when you sitting on 16's you dont worry about a blip ... and he exaggerates. Team still makes money at the gate despite being shitty. Still sells merchandise. He exaggerates way to much the lack of talent and shay direction are both true though ...

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Not untrue ...
But when you sitting on 16's you dont worry about a blip ... and he exaggerates. Team still makes money at the gate despite being shitty. Still sells merchandise. He exaggerates way to much the lack of talent and shay direction are both true though ...

i dont like this mindset, just because ur sitting on 16 u dont want to win more...thats just like the wankers upstairs..happy sitting on 5 when they could win 6 this season....

then why participate in sports if ur not about winning

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 12:42 AM
Not untrue ...

Aids catcher exxagerates alot too

Kool Bob Love
05-18-2015, 12:46 AM
Not untrue ...
The day Jerry Buss died was the day the lakers organization was all about money over rings. Sad.

God willin

Lakers go into a Celtics like drought.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 01:14 AM
The day Jerry Buss died was the day the lakers organization was all about money over rings. Sad.

God willin

Lakers go into a Knicks like drought.

fify

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 01:38 AM
"It's hard with the contracts. I came here with a great collection of talent, but contractually it's now difficult to make a lot of changes."

Whose fucking fault is that, Doc? How about stepping down as GM instead of whining about how "hard" the situation you created for yourself is?

Mitch
05-18-2015, 01:40 AM
Times were dark when the Lakers turned to NVE to lead them out of the post-Johnson era. "They'll never ring again..." "Irrelevent since the last days of Johnson..." were token phrases during the decade. The franchise was gutted and not prepared for the reality of continuing the decade in the shadow of Jordan and the other up & coming teams.

"We were the kings... now this?" as fans looked on at their team simply playing to look alive. Times were not kind after the 1980s.

It's a fate that has befell other teams and will befall more teams in the coming years. "It would be different if Tim & Pop were here..." "Maybe we'll find our Jordan next year..."

Still, the legacy was strong and the magic never left the Forum. It lay dormant, but never gone.

For every dark age, comes a renaissance for teams with such a legacy as the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls. The wait may take the entire decade, even more sometimes... but it's not a question of if - but of when.

Infinite_limit
05-18-2015, 01:41 AM
"It's hard with the contracts. I came here with a great collection of talent, but contractually it's now difficult to make a lot of changes."

Whose fucking fault is that, Doc? How about stepping down as GM instead of whining about how "hard" the situation you created for yourself is?
Would you have preferred Dunleavy over Barnes?

ezau
05-18-2015, 03:39 AM

God willin

Lakers go into a Celtics like drought.

This is the truth, son. :toast

AlexJones
05-18-2015, 03:52 AM
Times were dark when the Lakers turned to NVE to lead them out of the post-Johnson era. "They'll never ring again..." "Irrelevent since the last days of Johnson..." were token phrases during the decade. The franchise was gutted and not prepared for the reality of continuing the decade in the shadow of Jordan and the other up & coming teams.

"We were the kings... now this?" as fans looked on at their team simply playing to look alive. Times were not kind after the 1980s.

It's a fate that has befell other teams and will befall more teams in the coming years. "It would be different if Tim & Pop were here..." "Maybe we'll find our Jordan next year..."

Still, the legacy was strong and the magic never left the Forum. It lay dormant, but never gone.

For every dark age, comes a renaissance for teams with such a legacy as the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls. The wait may take the entire decade, even more sometimes... but it's not a question of if - but of when.

Sup Katherine Robinson

Thread
05-18-2015, 04:30 AM
He's angry the Clippers didn't finish it.

tee, hee.

JohnnyMax
05-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Free agents are avoiding Los Angeles because of Kobe... when he retires, their troubles will end.

Thread
05-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Free agents are avoiding Los Angeles because of Kobe... when he retires, their troubles will end.

Without Kobe we're light 5.

What do you got? Some guy named Bud with a playbook taken from Texas.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Without Kobe we're light 5.

What do you got? Some guy named Bud with a playbook taken from Texas.
You're light at least 2 with Kirbs. They were sellin' your shit on TV before the season started in 2004 and 2008. Those were firmly ensconced in the case, until Bryant had other ideas.

Thread
05-18-2015, 09:54 AM
You're light at least 2 with Kirbs. They were sellin' your shit on TV before the season started in 2004 and 2008. Those were firmly ensconced in the case, until Bryant had other ideas.

Up 3-2 & 3-1 respectively---goin' to your separate homes respectively---and you ended up next to Dale,,,come here sweetheart. I got a brush for ya.

muhahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Up 3-2 & 3-1 respectively---goin' to your separate homes respectively---and you ended up next to Dale,,,come here sweetheart. I got a brush for ya.

muhahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Up 3-1 and Kirbs couldn't seal the deal against those Suns. Christ, I can only imagine what sports radio must have been like in Phoenix!

Up 24 on your home court, they were sellin' your shit on the TV, it was in the case, and then Bryant happened. Shame, shame, everyone knows your name.

You've nary room.

Bynumite
05-18-2015, 10:37 AM
As long as Jim doesn't repeat :toast

Thread
05-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Up 3-1 and Kirbs couldn't seal the deal against those Suns. Christ, I can only imagine what sports radio must have been like in Phoenix!

Up 24 on your home court, they were sellin' your shit on the TV, it was in the case, and then Bryant happened. Shame, shame, everyone knows your name.

You've nary room.

My fart catcher.

Thread
05-18-2015, 10:39 AM
As long as Jim doesn't repeat :toast

Mighty

DMC
05-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Not untrue ...
Blah blah blah the past blah blah blah the box office blah blah blah the outlets blah blah blah....

I hope you can suck a ping pong ball up through your PC, you're going to need it.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 03:45 PM
this is funny.... this is the best the clippers are gonna be.... and this is the worst the lakers are gonna be and the lakers still dominate the media in LA... take a hint ballmer

Killakobe81
05-18-2015, 04:02 PM
i dont like this mindset, just because ur sitting on 16 u dont want to win more...thats just like the wankers upstairs..happy sitting on 5 when they could win 6 this season....

then why participate in sports if ur not about winning

Who said that? Of course I want more ... just saying after you have won you should be able to stomach a few down years ...

Killakobe81
05-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Blah blah blah the past blah blah blah the box office blah blah blah the outlets blah blah blah....

I hope you can suck a ping pong ball up through your PC, you're going to need it.

LOL not saying we arent on shaky ground we are ..but if winning doesnt grant the ownership some patience from the fan-base ..then what else will? Im different I never supported the get rich quick schemes of chasing Dwight or Melo. Im ok with building from the bottom up I just NEED to see signs that teh foundation is laid ...right now that foundation is not solid.

djohn2oo8
05-18-2015, 05:03 PM
LOL not saying we arent on shaky ground we are ..but if winning doesnt grant the ownership some patience from the fan-base ..then what else will? Im different I never supported the get rich quick schemes of chasing Dwight or Melo. Im ok with building from the bottom up I just NEED to see signs that teh foundation is laid ...right now that foundation is not solid.
Yall are signing Rondo.

Seventyniner
05-18-2015, 05:42 PM
The Lakers are now the Clippers....but that doesn't make the Clippers into the Lakers.

Thread
05-18-2015, 05:46 PM
The Lakers are now the Clippers....but that doesn't make the Clippers into the Lakers.

We sure as shit never had to give 1 back like you did, 79'er. We put 16 into the gd case and they ain't been disturbed.

They was selling your shit on the TV after your 1st 5th. Took you another 24 months to win your 2nd 5th. You son-of-a-bitch, you.

skut_farkus
05-18-2015, 05:58 PM
We sure as shit never had to give 1 back like you did, 79'er. We put 16 into the gd case and they ain't been disturbed.

They was selling your shit on the TV after your 1st 5th. Took you another 24 months to win your 2nd 5th. You son-of-a-bitch, you.

Magic gave one away cubby

whitemamba
05-18-2015, 06:03 PM

Well said.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 06:09 PM

Clippers are more like the Suns.

LkrFan
05-18-2015, 06:11 PM

Clipps just busted your balloon knot. You are barred from saying the word Clipper. Say "little boat" or some shit. :lol

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Clipps just busted your balloon knot. You are barred from saying the word Clipper. Say "little boat" or some shit. :lol

Damn son, by that standard you have to shut the fuck up about the entire league.