PDA

View Full Version : dudes if you aren't living life on the edge you just aren't living

Blake
05-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Tributes poured in from all over the globe for Dean Potter, 43, following his death on Saturday.He and fellow BASE jumper Graham Hunt, 29, were killed during a jump at Taft Point, ABC News said, citing Yosemite National Park spokesman Scott Gediman.

Reports filtered through to park officials on Saturday of an accident and a helicopter spotted the two bodies on Sunday.

When Rangers got to them about noon, they were identified as Potter and Hunt, Gediman said.Other media said the pair had been attempting a wingsuit flight from Taft Point but smashed into a rocky outcrop when they tried to fly through a narrow gap in the mountains.

On Potter's official Facebook page -- where he describes himself as "artist, adventurer, athlete" -- extreme sports enthusiasts from all over the world paid tribute to the man admired for his fearlessness and incredible courage.His last Facebook post, on May 12, shows a picture of his dog in a mountainous landscape and the caption: "Miss Whisper. Yosemite Dog."

In an interview with The New York Times in 2008, Potter said: "Part of me says it's kind of crazy to think you can fly your human body."

"Another part of me thinks all of us have had the dream that we can fly. Why not chase after it? Maybe it brings you to some other tangent. Chasing after the unattainable is the fun part."BASE stands for buildings, antennas, spans and Earth that jumpers can parachute from. It is illegal in US national parks.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-daredevil-potter-dies-jumping-accident-083834524.html

Blake
05-18-2015, 08:33 AM
At least they went out doing what they love etc

The Reckoning
05-18-2015, 08:38 AM
darwinism

IronMexican
05-18-2015, 08:43 AM
They died doing what they loved. I'm sure their families are so happy he went out that way.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2015, 09:26 AM

Fuck that....when I go I want to be in some pussy having an orgasm because the pussy is so good....

ChumpDumper
05-18-2015, 10:42 AM
They died doing what they loved. I'm sure their families are so happy he went out that way.If he was able to get insurance, maybe.

Is the GoPro footage up yet? Hope he didn't have his dog with him this time.

m>s
05-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Dudes are crazy I'm not really all that find of heights. Nothing beats those guys who climb skyscrapers without equipment though

Thread
05-18-2015, 10:55 AM
Fuck that....when I go I want to be in some pussy having an orgasm because the pussy is so good....

I'll watch.

Wild Cobra
05-18-2015, 11:39 AM
darwinism

Actually, I agree with Blake on this one. You know how rare it is for me to agree with Blake...

Wild Cobra
05-18-2015, 11:40 AM

You need to grow a pair, like Tragic Johnson need to.

Blake
05-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Actually, I agree with Blake on this one. You know how rare it is for me to agree with Blake...

Oh sorry Cobro, I was being sarcastic. Those guys were fucking idiots.

The Reckoning
05-18-2015, 11:51 AM

:lmao

most laws are there for a reason. base jumping in national parks is one of them. these guys shouldn't be hailed as heroes but dumbasses who think they're birds. Not only did this daredevil kill himself, he also got a younger guy killed who tried to be like him. darwin award finalists.

m>s
05-18-2015, 11:59 AM
First career solid post, I don't care cuck or not that's funny as shit

Wild Cobra
05-18-2015, 12:29 PM

LOL...

Did you change your mind because I agreed with you?

LOL...

Avante
05-18-2015, 12:33 PM
If a guy is single and has noboby depending on him for anything then go for whatever turns ya on. If you have a family then ya better be cool. Now it's no longer all about you.

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2015, 12:47 PM
If a guy is single and has noboby depending on him for anything then go for whatever turns ya on. If you have a family then ya better be cool. Now it's no longer all about you.

You seem able to still make everything all about you.

Avante
05-18-2015, 12:51 PM
You seem able to still make everything all about you.

I....make everything about me or is it you and others, just like right now? Why not talk about the topic instead of Avante, well?

Wild Cobra
05-18-2015, 12:52 PM
I....make everything about me or is it you and others, just like right now? Why not talk about the topic instead of Avante, well?
I think he has a hard-on for you.

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2015, 12:55 PM

zoooooom. hahaha. Dance puppet. Quit humping my leg and go start a thread about something you know. Oh...hahhahaha...invisible posts.

Vertigo
05-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Tell me about it.

Avante
05-18-2015, 01:13 PM

The guy has the worst case of Avante-itist I;ve seen. The guy has made how many threads about Avante and then says.."how come it's all about you"...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Is this one dumb fuck or what?

This is funny...

Avante,,,talking about the topic
Some dummy....you this n' that blahblahblah
Avante...be cool man!
Some dummy....you're always causing trouble.

Huh???????

Blake
05-18-2015, 02:39 PM
LOL...

Did you change your mind because I agreed with you?

LOL...

No. Seriously, these guys were fucking stupid.

No pity, no admiration, nothing but smh

DMC
05-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Uses the "Died doing what the love" excuse

Proceeds to talk on HAM radio.

Wild Cobra
05-18-2015, 04:03 PM
No. Seriously, these guys were fucking stupid.

No pity, no admiration, nothing but smh
OK, so they thought they could fly. They have at times, just not this last time.

Was Dale Earnhart stupid because he loved to race?

Was Christopher Reeve stupid because he like riding horses?

Was Artimus Lamont Bentley stupid because he was in a car accident? (well maybe yes...)

Unless you are going to live your life in bubble-wrap, and not do anything exciting, death can happen.

cantthinkofanything
05-18-2015, 04:08 PM
OK, so they thought they could fly. They have at times, just not this last time.

Was Artimus Lamont Bentley stupid because he was in a car accident? (well maybe yes...)

Unless you are going to live your life in bubble-wrap, and not do anything exciting, death can happen.

Because not base jumping is just so ridiculously overly cautious.

Blake
05-18-2015, 04:39 PM

You have to ask yourself, what are my odds of death or dismemberment in each situation

I think the reasonable person can agree the odds of death for an illegal free flying daredevil stunt in a national park with lots of mountainous rocks around is much fucking higher than riding horses.

Blake
10-02-2015, 11:34 AM
American daredevil Johnny Strange has died in the Swiss Alps while attempting a wingsuit jump, the latest casualty in what is regarded as one the most dangerous extreme sports.

Strange, 23, found fame at age 17 when he became the youngest person to climb the so-called Seven Summits, referring to the highest peak on each continent.

Strange died after jumping from a 2,000-metre summit in the Swiss canton of Uri wearing a wingsuit, a piece of equipment that resembles human-size bat wings.

He crashed into the ground, likely after losing control mid-jump, authorities in Uri said.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-03/american-daredevil-johnny-strange-dies-in-wingsuit-jump/6824952

if you're not dying you're not living

Avante
10-02-2015, 12:39 PM

You'd died because your heart couldn't handle the excitement of FINALLY breaking that cherry.

ChumpDumper
10-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Avante, the statute of limitations has run out on your insult attempt.

Jerk store!

SpursforSix
10-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Avante, the statute of limitations has run out on your insult attempt.

Jerk store!

can it little guy OK? you want to just talk about farts and hamburgers.

Me: hmmmm...the top 73 fastest black garbagemen? yes....Poopshoot Jones, Transfax Magee,
You: poop shitty shit fart
Me: see you later

pgardn
10-02-2015, 11:05 PM
can it little guy OK? you want to just talk about farts and hamburgers.

Me: hmmmm...the top 73 fastest black garbagemen? yes....Poopshoot Jones, Transfax Magee,
You: poop shitty shit fart
Me: see you later

Canthinkofanything has returned with the beloved Avante satire I miss so much.

phyzik
10-03-2015, 01:27 AM
WVuI_S-CmaI

Amazing that their solid steel balls didn't cause their wing suits to rip apart under such weight.

pgardn
10-03-2015, 07:48 AM
WVuI_S-CmaI

Amazing that their solid steel balls didn't cause their wing suits to rip apart under such weight.

Good thing they have helmets.

Its important for loved ones to find, at the very least, a bloodied head in a helmet for the viewing at the funeral.
Jesus... People actually die doing these things? Amazing.

Hey, what do you really do for fun?

Infinite_limit
10-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Aerosmith did it first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

bigzak25
10-03-2015, 03:51 PM
If dying is living....fuck that.

bigzak25
10-03-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm a christian, but fuck...you never know...this could be it.

SpursforSix
10-03-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm a christian, but fuck...you never know...this could be it.

What the fuck are you taking about Willis?