djohn2oo8
05-18-2015, 12:45 PM

whitemamba
05-18-2015, 12:46 PM
DJ is gone

Thread
05-18-2015, 12:47 PM
DJ is gone

Whomever pays him will live to regret it, though the line will be long & distinguished.

whitemamba
05-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Whomever pays him will live to regret it, though the line will be long & distinguished.

but he reminds me of wilt...

djohn2oo8
05-18-2015, 01:16 PM
All season, multiple sources say, a growing schism emerged between Jordan and point guard Chris Paul, and it could contribute to Jordan's decision to stay or go as a free agent.

Sources say Paul's well-known edginess and drive ground on Jordan's nerves for much of the year. Contributing to the problem was Paul's view that Jordan lacked the appropriate commitment to working on his free throws, including not working enough with the Clippers shooting coach on that issue, sources said.

"Things aren't good there," a league source familiar with the inner workings of the Clippers organization said. Asked if the issues between the two were serious, the source said, "Oh yeah. (Jordan) might leave. He really might."

It's certainly not a sure thing that Jordan leaves. But the Clippers do not enjoy the home-court advantage they should have in Jordan's free agency. Paul is apparently as talented at making his teammates better as he is surprisingly capable of getting on their nerves.

Sources -- including two friends of Paul -- say he does wear on his teammates but only because he cares deeply about winning and carries himself as much as a coach as a point guard. The league source familiar with the Clippers organization says both players are great teammates -- only, often this season, not with each other. That's why, the source says, the Dallas Mavericks -- considered a major player in the Jordan sweepstakes -- could have as good a chance to land Jordan as the Clippers.
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/d...ul-rift-051815

____

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Jordan should get his ass lit into repeatedly for shooting 40% from the FT line. I get not everyone can be a 70% foul shooter, but 40% just makes it look like he doesn't give a fuck.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Jordan should get his ass lit into repeatedly for shooting 40% from the FT line. I get not everyone can be a 70% foul shooter, but 40% just makes it look like he doesn't give a fuck.

Exactly. His work ethic has been notoriously poor since his college days. He's still the same raw player he was back when he was Chris Kaman's backup, he's just getting more minutes and volume now. As I've said all year, whoever pays this bum will regret it. Not just for the money (which is way too much) but also for the years. Making a longterm commitment to someone who doesn't care enough to expand his game beyond raw athleticism is foolish at best.

djohn2oo8
05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Exactly. His work ethic has been notoriously poor since his college days. He's still the same raw player he was back when he was Chris Kaman's backup, he's just getting more minutes and volume now. As I've said all year, whoever pays this bum will regret it. Not just for the money (which is way too much) but also for the years. Making a longterm commitment to someone who doesn't care enough to expand his game beyond raw athleticism is foolish at best.
I saw him play in high school. All he was focused on was doing in between the legs windmill dunks :lol

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 02:45 PM
CLIPPERS NEXT MOVE SHOULD MOVE TO SEATTLE AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF LA

Dex
05-18-2015, 02:49 PM

It's really hard to believe that a guy with so many deficiencies in his game can command max money. He has no jumper. His post-game consists of catching lobs at the rim. He doesn't face up. He can't make free-throws to save his life. He's not a great post defender aside from being tall and able to jump. His basketball IQ sucks

Sure enough, though, I'm sure there will be teams just lining up to put a max contract down for his exceptional leaping ability...which will probably be gone by the time the deal ends.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 03:01 PM
It's really hard to believe that a guy with so many deficiencies in his game can command max money. He has no jumper. His post-game consists of catching lobs at the rim. He doesn't face up. He can't make free-throws to save his life. He's not a great post defender aside from being tall and able to jump. His basketball IQ sucks

Sure enough, though, I'm sure there will be teams just lining up to put a max contract down for his exceptional leaping ability...which will probably be gone by the time the deal ends.
Unfortunately, role players demanding and getting max money seems to be the trend these days. He's not the only one either. There's no way I'd ever want to give a max contract to Draymond Green or Khris Middleton either, but they're getting the max from someone.

I don't agree with Killa on many basketball takes, but he's totally right when he says LeBron, Durant, and maybe Davis and Blake are the only players deserving of a max contract. I'd even hesitate on Durant at this point because of his foot issues, and I'd put Kawhi in that list as well. Ideally, a max deal should be for players who can be counted on for playoff success and a consistent impact on the game, or for Blake and Davis' case, who have ATG first-ballot HOF ceilings. Unfortunately, most front offices in this league are dumb enough to give that kind of money out to any tall bum on the street that can dunk, block, and/or get rebounds.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately, role players demanding and getting max money seems to be the trend these days. He's not the only one either. There's no way I'd ever want to give a max contract to Draymond Green or Khris Middleton either, but they're getting the max from someone.

I don't agree with Killa on many basketball takes, but he's totally right when he says LeBron, Durant, and maybe Davis and Blake are the only players deserving of a max contract. I'd even hesitate on Durant at this point because of his foot issues, and I'd put Kawhi in that list as well. Ideally, a max deal should be for players who can be counted on for playoff success and a consistent impact on the game, or for Blake and Davis' case, who have ATG first-ballot HOF ceilings. Unfortunately, most front offices in this league are dumb enough to give that kind of money out to any tall bum on the street that can dunk, block, and/or get rebounds.

Max contracts are way lower than the value LeBron, Davis, Durant bring to a franchise, so I think Killa is full of shit when he acts like max contracts should only be for the elite of the elite. But yeah, it's insane seeing upper midrange players getting max deals. The FA market is so fucking distorted by the low max contracts when LeBron is easily worth $35-$40 million instead of the $22 million max contract.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Max contracts are way lower than the value LeBron, Davis, Durant bring to a franchise, so I think Killa is full of shit when he acts like max contracts should only be for the elite of the elite.

As long as there's a salary cap, those kinds of players will always technically be underpaid. Of course, they'll make it up in endorsements and (if they're smart) investments/business opportunities.

DMC
05-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Two years from now this statement will be flipped to mean the opposite of what it means right now.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
As long as there's a salary cap, those kinds of players will always technically be underpaid. Of course, they'll make it up in endorsements and (if they're smart) investments/business opportunities.

Jordan got fair market value his last two years in the league even with a cap, since there was no max salary in 96-97 and 97-98. Ewing and Robinson both had insane contracts too, though Robinson ripped his up and signed for way less than his initial contract, which called for him to be paid the average of the top 2 salaries in the league, computed yearly.

Mikeanaro
05-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Sell the franchise back to Sterling for 500mil and give a public apologize saying it was all a big mistake.

whitemamba
05-18-2015, 06:06 PM

No tbh, I'd rather them stay and stay competitive , I've always wanted to see a clippers lakers playoff series imho. City would go ape shit, it's been rather dull here lately.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 06:57 PM
No tbh, I'd rather them stay and stay competitive , I've always wanted to see a clippers lakers playoff series imho. City would go ape shit, it's been rather dull here lately.

the dippers will always be the dippers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxZHLy6cm24

RsxPiimp
05-18-2015, 07:21 PM

:lmao @Flippers always after the Lakers trash

Thread
05-18-2015, 07:24 PM
:lmao @Flippers always after the Lakers trash

Wait...he'll be on a waiver wire before too long.

Christ, these fools here are courting Kendall Marshall. Couldn't wait to draft him, run him off, and now, NOW, now they can't live without him.

Stevie Johnson
05-18-2015, 07:25 PM
This. LOL get them the fuck out of California. Sac town has more of a reason to stay in Cali than those choking pussies from LA.

Franklin
05-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Rivers should try to sign Paul Pierce this summer and then the key pieces will be willing to stay. Barnes is a solid role player but not starting material for an NBA team imho. Pierce has massive experience which would definitely help monkeyball a lot, and pierce used to be a celt under Rivers's coaching.

Raven
05-18-2015, 07:38 PM
i don't think demonkey will leave, clippers have no means of improving by letting him go. They need to keep their guys and build seriously through the draft, no other way around.

Thread
05-18-2015, 08:01 PM
i don't think demonkey will leave, clippers have no means of improving by letting him go. They need to keep their guys and build seriously through the draft, no other way around.

They'd have his salary, $12 million? That's two fine players if chosen wisely & correctly.

But, you're probably accurate, by departing he'll leave $25 million on the table...unless they have the temerity to repudiate him. They ain't got that conviction. They're too afraid.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 08:16 PM

We're not contending with or without him. Might as well tighten up the belt, let him walk and wait for all the terrible contracts to come off the books, just like the Nets are doing.

Thread
05-18-2015, 08:24 PM
We're not contending with or without him. Might as well tighten up the belt, let him walk and wait for all the terrible contracts to come off the books, just like the Nets are doing.

Stop. You've got Paul & Griffin locked up and even though they're under guarantee they're play, not the result, but, their play has improved, they're not slackers, nor check cashers. I highly suspicion you won't get that return on the dollar from Jordan.

Equating your station with the Nets is silly. Be still.

Let him go, and use his money wisely.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Stop. You've got Paul & Griffin locked up and even though they're under guarantee they're play, not the result, but, their play has improved, they're not slackers, nor check cashers. I highly suspicion you won't get that return on the dollar from Jordan.

Equating your station with the Nets is silly. Be still.

Let him go, and use his money wisely.

You're pretty wise when you're at peace that TD is the greatest of his generation Cubs. Always saw that in you.

Bynumite
05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Clippers will be fine once they sign both Kiwi and Lebeta :lmao Ain't that right Chink Nation?

http://blkdmnds.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/lebronclippers.jpghttp://enefel.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Kawhi-Leonard-Clippers1.jpg

Thread
05-18-2015, 08:44 PM
You're pretty wise when you're at peace that TD is the greatest of his generation Cubs. Always saw that in you.

It's easy being at peace after you let the Clippers steal your wallet. I feel so much better now. No back-to-back, no 6, no transfer of The Bag from TX. to CA.. I lucked out. I thought sure as shit you guys were gonna dominate these playoffs.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 08:46 PM
It's easy being at peace after you let the Clippers steal your wallet. I feel so much better now. No back-to-back, no 6, no transfer of The Bag from TX. to CA.. I lucked out. I thought sure as shit you guys were gonna dominate these playoffs.

And after all of that, Duncan will still be the greatest of his generation. Ain't it amazing for Spursfan?

Thread
05-18-2015, 08:47 PM
And after all of that, Duncan will still be the greatest of his generation. Ain't it amazing for Spursfan?

He could literally give back an NBA Title and you'd forgive him.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 08:49 PM
He could literally give back an NBA Title and you'd forgive him.

Shows his superiority in his time, could fuck up all he wants, he'll still be the GOAT.

z0sa
05-18-2015, 08:53 PM

Even his man post defense leaves much to be desired. Tim Duncan was schooling him in the low block. He's basically gonna be paid for lobs and weak side help, which, while he's probably the best big man in the League at weak side blocks and one of the best at connecting on lobs, that's not going to win you a title or even guarantee you a playoff spot out west.

Thread
05-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Even his man post defense leaves much to be desired. Tim Duncan was schooling him in the low block. He's basically gonna be paid for lobs and weak side help, which, while he's probably the best big man in the League at weak side blocks and one of the best at connecting on lobs, that's not going to win you a title or even guarantee you a playoff spot out west.

I don't like to toot my own horn, but, I want this established early:::It was me that advocated the jettisoning of Jordan first. Me.

Raven
05-18-2015, 09:23 PM
They'd have his salary, $12 million? That's two fine players if chosen wisely & correctly.

But, you're probably accurate, by departing he'll leave $25 million on the table...unless they have the temerity to repudiate him. They ain't got that conviction. They're too afraid.
they wouldn't have cap space anyway.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 09:26 PM
I don't like to toot my own horn, but, I want this established early:::It was me that advocated the jettisoning of Jordan first. Me.

It's always you, you fuck, you.

z0sa
05-18-2015, 09:28 PM

LOL jettisoning =/= letting him go in FA, but . . . ok you

cd021
05-18-2015, 09:32 PM

I have less of a problem with him than I do with guards who can hit 3s but can't hit FTs. Fuck is that about?

cd021
05-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Clippers blew their chance. At least it had a few good runs but this team doesn't have the means to significantly improve.

If 'Dre walks and the renounce everyone else (including Barnes and Crawford) they will have $5.3 million ( same as the MLE). If they resign 'Dre and pick up the options on Barnes and Crawford they will have salary of at least $88 million. Davis was the only bench player that was around average in the PS. He's probably getting a pay raise. I assume Rivers will get a bit more than his $2.5 million salary. They really only have the tax payers MLE ($3.5) because they would easily exceed the $85.5 million apron.

They could have a payroll close around $95 million next season. They would also have $77 million guaranteed to 6 players [Griffin, Paul, Jordan, Reddick, Hawes and 2016 1st round pick ] for the 16-17 season.

cd021
05-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Duncan frequently has big games against 'Dre. He actually had his season high against the Clippers and averaged 18 points on 59% in the PS. He's a pretty good defender but far from elite. Ibaka shuts down the paint, Chandler is still an excellent rim protector and a better post defender. Spurs, even with out Parker and Manu playing well, still got points in the paint . Diaw shot 57% on his shots in the paint that series.

Thread
05-18-2015, 09:55 PM
you

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/blackaward.gif

z0sa
05-18-2015, 10:09 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/blackaward.gif

I don't even get this shtick tbh

Thread
05-18-2015, 10:37 PM
I don't even get this shtick tbh

Just another way to cite a poster/post I admire.

& I did it first. Me.

Venti Quattro
05-18-2015, 10:40 PM

How do multi-millionaire professional athletes get away with not improving the flaws in their games? Lol

Thread
05-18-2015, 10:54 PM
How do multi-millionaire professional athletes get away with not improving the flaws in their games? Lol

It's just a business now,,,and television revenue drives it. They don't even give more than a wink & a nod to attendance. It the TV money, it's haywire. And the teams own outright, or a controlling portion the radio/tv stations so they control the flow and the message on every last front. It's an incestuous relationship that isn't being reported. They're not going to blow the whistle on themselves.

ElNono
05-18-2015, 11:06 PM

Because they don't have to... DJ will likely get the max this summer...

Jacob1983
05-19-2015, 01:08 AM
The Clippers should merge with the Lakers. They will never win anything by themselves but you know the Lakers would never agree to it.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2015, 01:31 AM
The Clippers should merge with the Lakers. They will never win anything by themselves but you know the Lakers would never agree to it.

Ok homie time to take your anti-depression meds now

Jacob1983
05-19-2015, 01:35 AM
You buying?

TDMVPDPOY
05-19-2015, 02:11 AM
do clippers still have draft picks?

MLE for them is 2.5m only right?

they can easily find 3 bench players...or g et rid of bench for new bench players

GuerillaBlack
05-19-2015, 02:20 AM

By having millions of dollars.

Clippers really need to move to that Orange County. Moving to Seattle would be a waste imo. Being the secondary team in SoCal is still more money than being the primary team in Seattle. Any chance it happens or is Ballmer staying put?

Caltex2
05-19-2015, 09:15 AM
The Clippers should move to Anaheim and play at the Honda Center get more of an identity but keep the few fans they have within driving distance. They missed a golden opportunity to take over LA to any degree.