PDA

View Full Version : NBA: What a monumental letdown

ambchang
05-19-2015, 12:24 PM
First the Spurs
Then the Grizzlies
Then the Clippers
I am sure the Hawks are the next ones to go.

Every single team that I would even remotely root for is gone.

This year's champ will likely be the highly unlikeable Warriors, and the runner ups will be the even more unlikeable Cavs.

Bynumite
05-19-2015, 12:33 PM
What's so unlikeable about the Warriors, my classy spur friend?

Thread
05-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Jeez, amb stooping to candor.

hater
05-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Cleveland it is. Congrats lebron

Cry Havoc
05-19-2015, 01:22 PM

Yeah, I don't get the Warriors hate. I'm probably biased, but they're a fantastic team and they play basketball the right way. Solid defense, great fundamentals on offense.

I don't see any of the teams left pushing them past 6. Maybe the Hawks could take them 7 cause they're scrappy, idk.

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 01:59 PM

That they're going to win a title? I don't get it, they're fun to watch.

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I don't get the Warriors hate. I'm probably biased, but they're a fantastic team and they play basketball the right way. Solid defense, great fundamentals on offense.

I don't see any of the teams left pushing them past 6. Maybe the Hawks could take them 7 cause they're scrappy, idk.

Hawks? No way. The only team left that I could ever see forcing a 7th game against the Warriors is Cleveland if LeBron just got 2006 Wade level hot. But they'd still probably lose to GS even then.

Thread
05-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Hawks? No way. The only team left that I could ever see forcing a 7th game against the Warriors is Cleveland if LeBron just got 2006 Wade level hot. But they'd still probably lose to GS even then.

Some times your learned opinion is about as welcome as a fart in church. Why don't you go somewhere and happen.

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 02:16 PM
Some times your learned opinion is about as welcome as a fart in church. Why don't you go somewhere and happen.

I can't believe O&47 has scarred you so much you pretend to be a long time Laker fan.

ambchang
05-19-2015, 02:56 PM

That they're going to win a title? I don't get it, they're fun to watch.

Well, precisely. After the Spurs were kicked out, the only team that can even remotely have a chance to take them out was Memphis but they were not operating at full strength.

I never find teams that are overwhelming favourites to be likeable, just takes the entire mystique out of watching the playoffs. Once in a while, upsets happen (2004 Lakers, 2007 Mavs) but generally these overwhelming favourites will win it all.

I still think the Warriors were just dealt a lucky hand. Teams with solid perimeter defenders (Spurs and Grizzlies) can take them out and they haven't faced, nor will they face, any. That said, the Spurs played horrible perimeter defense vs. the Clippers (Still can't get over Matt Barnes REPEATEDLY burning the Spurs), and the Grizzlies just doesn't have much firepower on offense, so maybe even if the Spurs made it to the WCF and the Grizzlies were at full strength, the Warriors would still came out on top.

Can't root for any remaining teams, except the Hawks, but they are obviously the weakest of the remaining teams.

In order of likeability, for me personally:

Hawks

Rockets
Warriors

Cavs

Sheriff Hoyt
05-19-2015, 04:41 PM
The narrative on the Warriors is what makes them annoying. Like they are the epitome of good vs evil.

Splits
05-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Wouldn't mind the Dubs winning so all these front offices will continue to think there's a magical change-the-coach strategy and continue to turnover their rolls. Would really like Dwert to ring tho, ultimate defacation down Kirby's throat.

Thread
05-19-2015, 06:38 PM
I can't believe O&47 has scarred you so much you pretend to be a long time Laker fan.

I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.