PDA

View Full Version : Bill Walton called TP a "great free throw shooter"

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Yes, it's true. Bill Walton called Tony Parker a great free throw shooter last year. Anyone remember when?
It just cracked me up when I heard it.
:lol :lol

Dex
09-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Figures. Walton actually says something nice about the Spurs and it's dead wrong. Is that guy on drugs or what?

Oh wait. This is Bill we're talking about :lol

2centsworth
09-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Walton has no credibility. Seems like a pretty cool dude though.

MI21
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
It would have been sarcastic. Majority of the stuff he says is, I think he is hilarious and it amazes me how many people don't pick up on his sarcastic ways.

He isn't thick, he watches enough NBA to know that Parker is average at best at FT's.

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 12:16 AM
It would have been sarcastic. Majority of the stuff he says is, I think he is hilarious and it amazes me how many people don't pick up on his sarcastic ways.

He isn't thick, he watches enough NBA to know that Parker is average at best at FT's.

I promise he was not being sarcastic. It was at the end of a game and He said that they take out Duncan and put in all the great free throw shooters and listed Parker first (Barry was second!) .
It's hard to believe but true.

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 12:25 AM
I'll add this hint: it was in the playoffs this past year and there were only eleven seconds left on the clock.
Obviously it was a close game or free throw shooting would not have been mentioned. Also, you know that the Spurs must have been ahead or the Spurs would not have been shooting free throws (if the Spurs were behind they would have fouled the other team and the other team would have been shooting the free throws).
That should help to narrow it done some.
:fro

CalsonicKansei
09-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Bill Walton is a dick, and is mad his son sucks so much ass in the NBA. He used to talk so much shit about the spurs, it was almost like watching CNN. I will never like Bill, cause I know deep inside if the spurs never won a championship he would have called TD the worst pick of the 20th century.

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Bill Walton is a dick, and is mad his son sucks so much ass in the NBA. He used to talk so much shit about the spurs, it was almost like watching CNN. I will never like Bill, cause I know deep inside if the spurs never won a championship he would have called TD the worst pick of the 20th century.

He is a flip flopper.
All of us watched the finals and saw that! :fro

SequSpur
09-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Typical Manu fan banging on Tony Parker.

Get a life.

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 12:42 AM

BTW, megadittos about the Clinton News Network! :fro

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Typical Manu fan banging on Tony Parker.

Get a life.

Hey, who said I was slamming Parker?

I think his jumpshot and his freethrow shooting will improve significantly over the next couple of years. If he weren't a good player, he couldn't start for a team that won two championships! We wouldn't have had good regular season records if he were as bad as some people think.
However, I am honest enough to admit things that most Spurs fans know: Tony is not yet a consistent jump shooter nor is he good at free throws at this point in his career.
That does not mean that I am hating on Tony!

SequSpur
09-09-2005, 12:51 AM
BS

This is old news. Parker is fine at the free throw line. Sometimes he rushes it, just like all the stars do.

This topic is directly related to you baggin on his free throw shooting.

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 12:58 AM
BS

This is old news. Parker is fine at the free throw line. Sometimes he rushes it, just like all the stars do.

This topic is directly related to you baggin on his free throw shooting.

No, its a slam on Walton more than anyone else.

But you have to admit that 67 % is not a great ft shooting %.

I am sure that you watched the playoffs just like I did. How many times did commentators have to say at the end of games that Tony was not hitting his jump shot today?
Let's just say that it was a lot.
However, without Parker I don't believe that we would have won the championship. I think that our regular season record would have been much worse and I think that he has a lot of potential and is already a good player. I am looking for him to make that transition into an elite player like Manu did last year. I expect (maybe naively? spelling?) him to have a break out year this coming year and for his jump shot to take a step up.
His turnovers have come down consistently and his points per game went up significantly last year.
If I hated Parker, I wouldn't have said any of those things.
Hopefully, that should make you happy.

SequSpur
09-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Tony Parker is fine. Bill Walton is correct. I don't find it funny, but of course, if you have manu in your screen name, anti parker topics are the norm, just a different spin.

Go Spurs.

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Spurs trivia fans:
here is your mission should you choose to accept it:
Identify when Bill Walton (last year) called Tony Parker a "great free throw shooter" and listed him ahead of Brent Barry? And he did say that in all seriousness.
You have a couple of clues.
First, it was in a playoff game this past year. Second, it was at the end of a game in which the Spurs were up (and obviously not by too much or it would have been pointless- hence a close game). Also, it was said with eleven and two tenths seconds left in the game.
I know some of you all are Spurs experts.
Any guesses?

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Okay, another hint:
It was not in a game in San Antonio.
Another hint:
The Spurs won of course. :fro

Mavs<Spurs
09-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Another hint:
It was prior to Timmy's awesome free throw shooting game!

DesiSpur_21
09-09-2005, 05:25 AM
Tony Parker is fine. Bill Walton is correct. I don't find it funny, but of course, if you have manu in your screen name, anti parker topics are the norm, just a different spin.

Go Spurs.

Man, you are taking it to the limit. You are generalising a thing by saying guys with manu's name in their screen names are anti-Parkers. This isn;t true.

xcoriate
09-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Dude who cares when Walton said that, oh and btw Walton owns, nothing like listening to him its hilarious. Hubie was the one giving me the shits in the playoffs he was so freaking obvious and he talked up the Pistons so much.

Solid D
09-09-2005, 08:23 AM

Go Spurs.

:lol

Parker had the worst FT% of the Spurs' starters in the playoffs (63%).

Parker has been working with The Shot Doctor to iron-out his shooting stroke.

Another fine take by Sequ.

xcoriate
09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Oh, come on Solid

Sequ was at his best in this thread.

:hat

Solid D
09-09-2005, 08:41 AM
:lol