PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi 1st team all defensive Team, Tim 2nd Team all defensive Team

jon123spurs
05-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Congrats to the anchors on our team for being recognized!
NBA (@NBA) tweeted at 1:21 PM on Wed, May 20, 2015:
#KiaDPOY headlines NBA All-Defensive First Team!

KawhiLeonard
CP3
money23Green
@aa000G9
DeandreJordan6
(https://twitter.com/NBA/status/601090336857919490?s=03)

NBA.com (@NBAcom) tweeted at 1:23 PM on Wed, May 20, 2015:
Total points received, All-Defensive 2nd team

* Davis (155)
* Butler (132)
* Bogut (102)
* Wall (67)
* Duncan (64)
(https://twitter.com/NBAcom/status/601090835799650304?s=03)

RD2191
05-20-2015, 02:02 PM
:toast

Silver&Black
05-20-2015, 02:04 PM
:clap

:bobo

jon123spurs
05-20-2015, 02:25 PM
This is also Tim's 15 all NBA defensive team selection. MOST IN NBA HISTORY! !!

BillMc
05-20-2015, 02:34 PM
It amuses me that some people (including a writer at PTR) want to put Larry Bird ahead of Duncan on the all time list. Yes, Bird was probably marginally better in their primes on offense, but Bird was an average team defender and below average one-on-one defender, while Tim may very well have been the best defensive player of all time. 15 all defensive selections, my god. :worthy:

SsKSpurs21
05-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Key Takeaways:

Tim Duncan earned All-Defensive Second Team honors, marking the 15th time in his career he has been selected to an All-Defensive Team, the most in NBA history.

Leonard and Duncan helped anchor a Spurs defense that held opponents under 100 points per game (97.0) for an NBA-record 20th consecutive season.

The Silver and Black finished the regular season with a 55-27 record and clinched a playoff berth for the 18th consecutive year, the longest active streak in the NBA.

Sean Cagney
05-20-2015, 03:13 PM
It amuses me that some people (including a writer at PTR) want to put Larry Bird ahead of Duncan on the all time list. Yes, Bird was probably marginally better in their primes on offense, but Bird was an average team defender and below average one-on-one defender, while Tim may very well have been the best defensive player of all time. 15 all defensive selections, my god. :worthy:

Don't forget Tims 5 rings as well! They get on Tim or the Spurs for not repeating but quiet as kept the Celts never repeated with Bird but it's never talked about for some reason?

BillMc
05-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Don't forget Tims 5 rings as well! They get on Tim or the Spurs for not repeating but quiet as kept the Celts never repeated with Bird but it's never talked about for some reason?

Yeah, for some reason that's skipped over. TD has more rings, was a far better defender, and had a far longer prime. It's not even close really.

cjw
05-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Yeah, for some reason that's skipped over. TD has more rings, was a far better defender, and had a far longer prime. It's not even close really.

Larry Legend played in 897 regular season and 164 playoff games. Can't really fault him for retiring because of injuries, but Duncan's played what amounts to another 6.25 seasons worth of games (511) or about 150% of the number of games Bird played. That's essentially the same as if Duncan had hung it up after the 2008-2009 season.

Since then, Timmy's made four all star teams, two all-NBA (perhaps three) and three all-defensive teams, made a conference finals, finals and won a title. Lots of players would kill to do that in a career, let alone in a third of your career. Shows you what an amazing ride it's been.

z0sa
05-20-2015, 04:38 PM

It's really some bullshit. I called Tim being better than Bird way back in 07.. he's without a doubt, 100% higher than him on the all-time list, now. Timmy's broken into top 5OAT unless you're a HUGE hater.

apalisoc_9
05-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Butler over Green :lmao

Seventyniner
05-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Larry Legend played in 897 regular season and 164 playoff games. Can't really fault him for retiring because of injuries, but Duncan's played what amounts to another 6.25 seasons worth of games (511) or about 150% of the number of games Bird played. That's essentially the same as if Duncan had hung it up after the 2008-2009 season.

Since then, Timmy's made four all star teams, two all-NBA (perhaps three) and three all-defensive teams, made a conference finals, finals and won a title. Lots of players would kill to do that in a career, let alone in a third of your career. Shows you what an amazing ride it's been.

Great points.

This is why Bill Simmons has Duncan so high in the total career impact rankings, up there with Kareem. Sure MJ was incredibly dominant, but is 13 years of Jordan better than 19 years of Duncan? Especially because Duncan is so consistent, while Jordan's last two years with the Wizards were just a shadow of his former glory.

100%duncan
05-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Kawhi :wow

Timmay :worthy:

phxspurfan
05-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Timmy 15 time all defense yet 0 DPOY

:wakeup :wakeup :wakeup :wakeup 6'2" center Ben wallace

Marcus Camby :wakeup

:wakeup Fat Gasol

Scrub can't jump nappy headed hoe Noah :wakeup

0 titles 10 kids Howard :wakeup :wakeup :wakeup

Tyson Chandler (any player on the Knicks) :wakeup

-21-
05-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Timmy 15 time all defense yet 0 DPOY

:wakeup :wakeup :wakeup :wakeup 6'2" center Ben wallace

Marcus Camby :wakeup

:wakeup Fat Gasol

Scrub can't jump nappy headed hoe Noah :wakeup

0 titles 10 kids Howard :wakeup :wakeup :wakeup

Tyson Chandler (any player on the Knicks) :wakeup
Wallace and Howard deserved theirs imo.

:lol at Camby, Noah, Gasol, and Chandler though.

TheGreatYacht
05-20-2015, 10:28 PM
How did Butler make it over Green? :lol

Butler took blame for the Bulls' defensive struggles during the season (expected when his role on offense increased) ... While Danny was out here guarding every quick perimeter player and leading all guards in blocks.

BillMc
05-21-2015, 06:29 AM

Agreed. Timmy's last third is far greater than vast majority of NBA player's whole careers.

It's really some bullshit. I called Tim being better than Bird way back in 07.. he's without a doubt, 100% higher than him on the all-time list, now. Timmy's broken into top 5OAT unless you're a HUGE hater.
:toast

Great points.

This is why Bill Simmons has Duncan so high in the total career impact rankings, up there with Kareem. Sure MJ was incredibly dominant, but is 13 years of Jordan better than 19 years of Duncan? Especially because Duncan is so consistent, while Jordan's last two years with the Wizards were just a shadow of his former glory.

Simmons is a big Duncan proponent, but even he, in a recent broadcast, had to put his hero Larry ahead of TD (barely). Boston homerism trumping reason.

I saw Jordan play for the Wizards. (I was living in D.C. then) He was still pretty good. It wasn't like Barkley in Houston, or Moses in San Antonio, or Shaq in Cleveland or Boston. He was no longer the best in the world, but Jordan was still a legit All Star.

BillMc
05-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Wallace and Howard deserved theirs imo.

:lol at Camby, Noah, Gasol, and Chandler though.

If I recall, the year Gasol won it, he wasn't even first team all defense. Tells you something about the arbitrariness of the award.

adonis827
05-21-2015, 12:02 PM
If I recall, the year Gasol won it, he wasn't even first team all defense. Tells you something about the arbitrariness of the award.

Why is the dpoy voting different from the defensive teams?

BillMc
05-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Why is the dpoy voting different from the defensive teams?

I believe media votes for DPOY and coaches vote for defensive teams.