View Full Version : David Letterman

Chris
05-21-2015, 12:44 AM
:cry last show :cry

my favorite bit

G1f2_01URYQ

Jacob1983
05-21-2015, 03:42 AM
The Foo Fighters playing everlong was nice during the tribute.

Thread
05-21-2015, 04:50 AM
He's a fuckPERIOD

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 06:39 AM
He's a fuckPERIOD

I was wondering when someone was gonna admit the obvious....

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 07:03 AM
How is he any different from Isaiah Thomas....he preyed upon his young staffers for years..and now they're completely white-washing that part of his history including Stephanie Burkitt out of his history....he had been doing that to those young girls for years....i cant stand the fuck face.....he's not very funny at all...just another overhyped persona the fickle like to ass lick

unleashbaynes
05-21-2015, 07:25 AM
lol i just like how nobody gives a fuck about the dude but then he retires and people won't shut the hell up about him. colbert is gonna kill it in that slot, people won't remember shitbag letterman for very long.

baseline bum
05-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Dude was funny as fuck in the NBC days, but really mailed it in after losing out to Leno for Carson's show.

mrsmaalox
05-21-2015, 08:41 AM
I like David Letterman but have never been a regular watcher of his show. When I did watch it, he was pretty darn funny. I made it a point though to watch the final few weeks and it was excellent. I won't miss him though I'm really looking forward to Colbert to start.

How is he any different from Isaiah Thomas....he preyed upon his young staffers for years..and now they're completely white-washing that part of his history including Stephanie Burkitt out of his history....he had been doing that to those young girls for years....i cant stand the fuck face.....he's not very funny at all...just another overhyped persona the fickle like to ass lick

He's very different from Isiah Thomas-----Letterman's situation didn't involve any allegations of harassment being brought from staffers (Isiah Thomas's case was all about sexual harassment), it was an extortion case by the ex-boyfriend of the young staffer (Burkitt) who was jealous of the consensual affair between Letterman and Burkitt. Letterman did the right thing, he admitted the affair publically and apologized, he didn't take the route of most other celebrities, believing he is smarter than the public, and deny, deny, deny all wrong doing a la Thomas and Bill Cosby.

Don't go putting words in my mouth about what an upstanding citizen Letterman is, I didn't say that. I'm just pointing out how different his case is from the Thomas case.

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 08:58 AM
I like David Letterman but have never been a regular watcher of his show. When I did watch it, he was pretty darn funny. I made it a point though to watch the final few weeks and it was excellent. I won't miss him though I'm really looking forward to Colbert to start.

He's very different from Isiah Thomas-----Letterman's situation didn't involve any allegations of harassment being brought from staffers (Isiah Thomas's case was all about sexual harassment), it was an extortion case by the ex-boyfriend of the young staffer (Burkitt) who was jealous of the consensual affair between Letterman and Burkitt. Letterman did the right thing, he admitted the affair publically and apologized, he didn't take the route of most other celebrities, believing he is smarter than the public, and deny, deny, deny all wrong doing a la Thomas and Bill Cosby.

Don't go putting words in my mouth about what an upstanding citizen Letterman is, I didn't say that. I'm just pointing out how different his case is from the Thomas case.

Hey baby....wish i could smack you on your bare naked ass as I disagree with you and then give you a kiss :lol

Fact is the woman accusing Isaiah wanted money she was doing the same thing to Isaiah that Burkitts boyfriend was doing to Letterman...the only difference is Isaiah was stupid and didnt pay the older woman hence the false allegations...Letterman was smart he went after the young and impressionable and was paying her crazy money to keep quiet....she was just a high priced hooker and didn't even realize until Dave said sorry you were a good fuck but I'm not leaving my wife....it appears allegedly he had been basically preying on her and other girls that worked for him...most wont say shit if you pay them...Isaiah was a dumbass becsuse he wanted free pussy

lefty
05-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Good riddance, he is totally unfunny

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Good riddance, he is totally unfunny

I haven't watched him in years.

But he broke ground in his early NBC years and was absolutely important to the development of late night TV. It all seems tame by today's standards but he brought so much that was different in terms of structure and of content to the talk show. Maybe he is unfunny today but to dismiss his importance and contributions is pretty stupid.

Thread
05-21-2015, 09:42 AM
I haven't watched him in years.

But he broke ground in his early NBC years and was absolutely important to the development of late night TV. It all seems tame by today's standards but he brought so much that was different in terms of structure and of content to the talk show. Maybe he is unfunny today but to dismiss his importance and contributions is pretty stupid.

What ground, running from the news room onto his set to harangue conservatives be it us the viewer, or, his invited guests.
What ground, playin' stinky finger, grab ass & misdirection sexual innuendo. The last bastion of the thoroughly vanquished.
What ground, practicing misogyny behind the curtain while he lectures us on the subject in front of it.

He's a shit.

cantthinkofanything
05-21-2015, 09:55 AM
What ground, running from the news room onto his set to harangue conservatives be it us the viewer, or, his invited guests.
What ground, playin' stinky finger, grab ass & misdirection sexual innuendo. The last bastion of the thoroughly vanquished.
What ground, practicing misogyny behind the curtain while he lectures us on the subject in front of it.

He's a shit.

Yes. That ground.

I'll see if I can find a link to some Jack Paar videos for you.

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 10:04 AM

He's a shit.

Giuseppe / Thread / Cully / Culburn / Tha Fucking White Man :toast

Thread
05-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Yes. That ground.

lmao!!!