PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Report: More Good News - Lakers To Pursue Tom Thibodeaux

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 07:38 AM
I don't see how the give us Tom and Jimmy Butler though :lol

The Lakers absolutely should look into upgrading to Thibodeau. And they might.

But keep in mind how many people have incentive to leak this story – whether or not it’s true:

Kobe could be trying to spark something. If Kobe wants to play for Thibodeau, creating unrest between Scott and Lakers management might be a good way to kick-start the process of switching coaches.
The Lakers could be floating this story without truly intending to pursue Thibodeau as a way to appease Kobe.
The Bulls could be trying to build a bidding war for compensation for Thibodeau (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/18/report-bulls-want-a-replacement-coach-before-they-talk-compensation-for-letting-tom-thibodeau-out-of-his-contract/), who’s still under contract with Chicago. The Pelicans (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/report-pelicans-waiting-for-tom-thibodeau/) and Magic (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/report-magic-willing-to-offer-bulls-compensation-likely-second-rounder-or-two-for-tom-thibodeau/) are interested in the coach, but as New Orleans looks elsewhere (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/19/report-pelicans-interested-in-jeff-van-gundy-scott-brooks/), the Bulls lose leverage.
And Thibodeau could be trying to drum up competition to increase his salary (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/18/report-magic-willing-to-pay-tom-thibodeau-7-9-million-per-year/).

Get past that, and this at least makes some sense.

Kool Bob Love
05-21-2015, 07:43 AM
That's 4 head coaches in 3 years? Yikes.

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 07:48 AM
That's 4 head coaches in 3 years? Yikes.

which makes an even greater case for Kobe's greatness over Duncan...Kobe's had to put up with shit Duncan could never mentally handle...:lol Kobe's got 5 rings after playing for like 8 different coaches throughout his entire career

VBM
05-21-2015, 07:55 AM
which makes an even greater case for Kobe's greatness over Duncan...Kobe's had to put up with shit Duncan could never mentally handle...:lol Kobe's got 5 rings after playing for like 8 different coaches throughout his entire career

Guess that shows the greatness of Phil. He's the only coach who could drag TOSB Kobe to a ring http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/sass2.png

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Guess that shows the greatness of Phil. He's the only coach who could drag TOSB Kobe to a ring http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/sass2.png

Sure why not....please go right ahead and continue making the case for me that Phil is better than Pop....thanks

:bobo

whitemamba
05-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Paying 4 coaches.. Holy shit Jim buss.

Thread
05-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Mike Brown should never have been fired.

Then Mike D'Antoni should never have been fired.

Now Byron Scott should not be fired.

We're unstable, adrift. It's unseemly. Lower the colors, hunker down and just shut up. There is no short cut to "sobriety." Only work, tireless work. Christ, Kupchak was on with Cowherd this morning. Why? He was captive while Colin took his shots at the children & Kobe. Sure, Kupchak handled the abuse well, but, why give Cowherd the mantle to say to the Laker's GM what he says every day on his show. Use your fuckin' head.

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 06:30 PM

We're unstable, adrift. It's unseemly. Lower the colors, hunker down and just shut up. There is no short cut to "sobriety." Only work, tireless work. Christ, Kupchak was on with Cowherd this morning. Why? He was captive while Colin took his shots at the children & Kobe. Sure, Kupchak handled the abuse well, but, why give Cowherd the mantle to say to the Laker's GM what he says every day on his show. Use your fuckin' head.

It is all very unseemly

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 06:32 PM
But the first Potato head should have never been hired

Killakobe81
05-21-2015, 06:33 PM

I agree. Fuck Colin but I'm with Thread. Only way to get this shit done is to go back to being covert Mitch...stop capitulating to these clowns that want to mire in the muck of sibling dysfunction...

Thread
05-21-2015, 06:33 PM
It is all very unseemly

The old man is in the dirt, the kids aren't on the same page and now the steady hand is palsied.

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 06:35 PM
The old man is in the dirt, the kids aren't on the same page and now the steady hand is palsied.

i stand with Jeanie...Jimmy and Chaz are the problems

Thread
05-21-2015, 06:37 PM
I agree. Fuck Colin but I'm with Thread. Only way to get this shit done is to go back to being covert Mitch...stop capitulating to these clowns that want to mire in the muck of sibling dysfunction...

Exactly. I know what he (Kupchak) wants..."mercy" --- a kind word. You ain't gonna get that. All you're gonna get is abuse. No response is going to change that. All you got in the fuckin' good times was abuse. It's just then we had the titles to enable our contentment. The abuse fed us. Now it consumes us, our hierarchy, our flow chart.

Thread
05-21-2015, 06:38 PM
i stand with Jeanie...Jimmy and Chaz are the problems

I thought "Chaz" was Jimmy. Who's Chaz?

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 06:46 PM
I thought "Chaz" was Jimmy. Who's Chaz?

Lol. Nope Chaz is the bartender friend of Jimmy who Jimmy hired to scout players :lmao

DPG21920
05-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Chaz said he is extremely high on Jahill

VBM
05-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Sure why not....please go right ahead and continue making the case for me that Phil is better than Pop....thanks

:bobo

As long as we agree Duncan won 5 Rings in spite of Pop while Phil added 5 rings to his collection in spite of Kobe http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/youngsabu.png

DMC
05-21-2015, 11:55 PM

Thread

DMC
05-21-2015, 11:56 PM
Like two brothers fucking and the old man watching.... fucked up I tell ya.

Thread
05-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Like two brothers fucking and the old man watching.... fucked up I tell ya.

& during the show this morning, Cowherd asked him if personnel decisions are his alone. Christ, 30 seconds of chasing his elbow round his asshole later the answer was "no."

DMC
05-22-2015, 12:02 AM
He's done so much for the Bulls. He belongs in New Orleans, his name is a perfect fit for all the Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes.

DMC
05-22-2015, 12:03 AM
& during the show this morning, Cowherd asked him if personnel decisions are his alone. Christ, 30 seconds of chasing his elbow round his asshole later the answer was "no."

Take the most interesting man in the world, take all his money and he's just a bum. That's where Mitch is right now.

Thebesteva
05-22-2015, 12:52 AM
That's the head coach I originally wanted once PJ was shot aside by Jimmy

Malik Hairston
05-22-2015, 12:55 AM
Thibodeau's ability to lead a title team can be questioned(not by me, it's mostly propaganda due to stupid Bulls fans and the Rose agenda) for valid reasons(minutes allocation, old-school attitude that today's players don't enjoy, etc), but he may be the best coach in the league at over-achieving with limited rosters..the Lakers should tank 1 more year, I wouldn't hire Thibs, he'll have them playing above their heads, which is a pretty stupid strategy for a team that should be collecting assets while Kobe is still on the roster(which will hurt any chance at winning, anyways)..

Scott is the best coach in the NBA at tanking, can't let him go right now..

spurraider21
05-22-2015, 01:00 AM
:lol... kobe "went through" those coaches terribly

-before Phil, he wasn't shit. they got their asses swept by the spurs the year before phil got there
-when phil left, he missed the playoffs
-under mike brown he choked against OKC and they lost in the 2nd round
-under d'antoni they barely squeaked into the playoffs and got swept
-under byron scott, they tanked

none of the non-phil years were positive for kobe's legacy

~O~
05-22-2015, 01:02 AM
The Lakers will continue to be irrelevant for 5 more years.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2015, 01:46 AM
how much does lakers still owe these 4 coaches salary?

so resigning kobe that brings in money to pay for these 4 coaches he burned? hahahaa

Thread
05-22-2015, 03:19 AM
The Lakers will continue to be irrelevant for 5 more years.

Though thank you for #15.

Thread
05-22-2015, 03:21 AM
how much does lakers still owe these 4 coaches salary?

so resigning kobe that brings in money to pay for these 4 coaches he burned? hahahaa

While your coach got lost in the tiniest of shit...seeding & hacking whilst hunting a sitting duck a.k.a. a back-to-back.

Thread
05-22-2015, 03:24 AM
Thibodeau's ability to lead a title team can be questioned(not by me, it's mostly propaganda due to stupid Bulls fans and the Rose agenda) for valid reasons(minutes allocation, old-school attitude that today's players don't enjoy, etc), but he may be the best coach in the league at over-achieving with limited rosters..the Lakers should tank 1 more year, I wouldn't hire Thibs, he'll have them playing above their heads, which is a pretty stupid strategy for a team that should be collecting assets while Kobe is still on the roster(which will hurt any chance at winning, anyways)..

Scott is the best coach in the NBA at tanking, can't let him go right now..

..& your coach was present & accounted for when they sold your shit twixt 5 & 4.

RsxPiimp
05-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Scott will remain with the team until his contract expires, firing a Laker legend after one tumultuous season will bring a lot more heat to Jim Buss. it's not like he had pieces to work with anyway. I like Scott for 2 more years since he instills an attitude and work ethic that works for rookies. Plus. he's a great tank commander :lol

Franklin
05-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Agree, he's the modern day Heinz Guderian tbh, tank commander :lol