PDA

View Full Version : OT: Baseball Question That May Sound Stupid

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 06:45 PM
If a batter instead of getting a .rbi via a single or double, or homerun ....catches the ball with his bare hands and throws it in the infield or over the fence can that be considered a .rbi or homerun....or does contact have to be made with the bat....

DPG21920
05-21-2015, 06:47 PM
The answer is yes. Ball does not have to contact the bat. However, it has to be one motion (like hitting the ball with the bat). If they attempt to catch the ball and drop it (hits the ground or bobbles) it would be a strike. That's why no one does it. No one can bare hand catch a pitch and in the same motion throw the ball.

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 06:50 PM
The answer is yes. Ball does not have to contact the bat. However, it has to be one motion (like hitting the ball with the bat). If they attempt to catch the ball and drop it (hits the ground or bobbles) it would be a strike. That's why no one does it. No one can bare hand catch a pitch and in the same motion throw the ball.

Ok thanks...i play softball sometimes with a group of chics and i caught a pitch and threw that shit over the fence...they freaked out on me and started getting all catty on me....I told them it was a legit play....

AlexJones
05-21-2015, 06:56 PM
:lol

Silver&Black
05-21-2015, 07:17 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4688881/jose-canseco-head-home-run-o.gif

:lol That's considered a h:lolmerun
:lol Beisb:loll

AlexJones
05-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Kool should swing with his other bat, tbh

Koolaid_Man
05-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Kool should swing with his other bat, tbh

I usually do that after the games..sometimes its even group sex,...

Buddy Mignon
05-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Ok thanks...i play softball sometimes with a group of chics and i caught a pitch and threw that shit over the fence...they freaked out on me and started getting all catty on me....I told them it was a legit play....

I know those bitches were mad.

Malik Hairston
05-22-2015, 04:22 AM

:lol..

Koolaid_Man
05-22-2015, 07:02 AM
I know those bitches were mad.

:lolYeah man even the ones on my team thought it was a misogynist play....

Infinite_limit
05-22-2015, 01:40 PM
My buddy plays 'Chicago style Softball'

They use a gigantic ball with no gloves
http://www.sanantoniossc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Slide1.jpg

Franklin
05-22-2015, 07:14 PM
So it is a legit player to kick the ball, right, since you don't have to use the bat?

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 01:32 AM
So it is a legit player to kick the ball, right, since you don't have to use the bat?
Pretty sure that's a foul ball.

Isn't all body contact inside the batters box foul ball unless obvious hit by pitch? I've seen guys make arm contact with a wild pitch while trying to get out of the way and it be called a foul ball because they were making a swinging motion with the bat

Splits
05-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Pretty sure you get a free kick.