PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: It was 4 on 3. McHale was correct.

MultiTroll
05-21-2015, 11:38 PM
After the missed Golden Phaggot shot and Rockets rebound, one Golden fell down and the other was beyond the endline. (A Rocket was also beyond the endline)
So when Beard broke for halfcourt, it was a legit 4 on 3. Beard had momentum, could have pulled up and rocked a trey Or kept driving for a contested layup. Or looked to pass. Instead he chose the worst option, that being stop his momentum, step back and pick up his dribble. That gave time for both Curry and Thomson to trap him and allowed the fallen Golden player to catch up.

A timeout at 5.8? That would have been okay, but Beards killing all the momentum was the downfall.

Caltex2
05-22-2015, 12:01 AM
Hindsight is 20/20, it was in the heat of the moment with time running down. I personally think it was the right call to let him go without a TO. He should have called one but it's virtually impossible to know how much time you have left in such a scenario and even a rushed shot seems better in some ways.

Thread
05-22-2015, 12:02 AM
After the missed Golden Phaggot shot and Rockets rebound, one Golden fell down and the other was beyond the endline. (A Rocket was also beyond the endline)
So when Beard broke for halfcourt, it was a legit 4 on 3. Beard had momentum, could have pulled up and rocked a trey Or kept driving for a contested layup. Or looked to pass. Instead he chose the worst option, that being stop his momentum, step back and pick up his dribble. That gave time for both Curry and Thomson to trap him and allowed the fallen Golden player to catch up.

A timeout at 5.8? That would have been okay, but Beards killing all the momentum was the downfall.

He never expected to find both Thompson & Curry there. He figured 1, he would go around him and then make his choice.

sook
05-22-2015, 12:04 AM
He never expected to find both Thompson & Curry there. He figured 1, he would go around him and then make his choice.

this. our best shot for a game winner was right there.

Budkin
05-22-2015, 12:06 AM
Terrance Jones (I think) was also coming straight down the lane. If Harden would have just passed it to him in stride, he probably could have dunked it for the the win. Harden panicked badly, plain and simple. Credit the Warriors D but he had several options and blew them all.

DMC
05-22-2015, 12:07 AM
I watched Harden make bad decisions on the break all night. He had Terry streaking ahead several times in a row, wide open on the right wing and chose to pull up for 3 or pass out to a covered person. James is a shitty PG, good offensive player but horrible at that position.

pgardn
05-22-2015, 12:10 AM
It was 3 Warriors covering 4 Rockets.

All the Rockets were on the Frggn baseline.
The spacing watching game.
Pitiful stuff.

Caltex2
05-22-2015, 12:17 AM
It was still the right call not to call the TO, Harden has the ball and the Warriors weren't set. What happened as the play developed is more questionable but I agree with eschewing the automatic TO in that situation.

DMC
05-22-2015, 12:25 AM
It was still the right call not to call the TO, Harden has the ball and the Warriors weren't set. What happened as the play developed is more questionable but I agree with eschewing the automatic TO in that situation.
No, you call the timeout and set up a play. Too much can happen in that brief moment when no one has any idea what you're going to do. It's one possession for the game. Call the fucking timeout.

sook
05-22-2015, 12:40 AM
No, you call the timeout and set up a play. Too much can happen in that brief moment when no one has any idea what you're going to do. It's one possession for the game. Call the fucking timeout.

I agree completely, but not like MilkHair has any plays anyways.

Thread
05-22-2015, 03:35 AM
I agree completely, but not like MilkHair has any plays anyways.

Oh, now he's beneath contempt once again.

You're ingrate.

Caltex2
05-22-2015, 07:38 AM

There's an argument to be made for that but I'm not mad at the lack of a timeout. It'd have been much tougher under a higher percentage of scenarios for them to try and get something going after a TO because the Warriors would be set.

JamStone
05-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Picking up his dribble was by far the worst transgression. Passing it to Dwight Howard at the top of the three point line with 3-4 seconds left was nearly as bad. What the hell is Howard going to do there at that point? I know Harden was getting doubled, but that doesn't usually stop him from attacking. Attack the basket. You probably get fouled and win the game. If it's a missed shot, turnover, or offensive foul, at least you lose attacking the basket and taking a shot to win. The way it ended was just a series of poor decisions by Harden.

Not taking a timeout was not that bad of a decision imo.

Killakobe81
05-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Picking up his dribble was by far the worst transgression. Passing it to Dwight Howard at the top of the three point line with 3-4 seconds left was nearly as bad. What the hell is Howard going to do there at that point? I know Harden was getting doubled, but that doesn't usually stop him from attacking. Attack the basket. You probably get fouled and win the game. If it's a missed shot, turnover, or offensive foul, at least you lose attacking the basket and taking a shot to win. The way it ended was just a series of poor decisions by Harden.

Agree with Jam 100% . Cant blame Mchale, it was a transition opportunity and a chance to take advantage of a defense that was not set. you have one of the best transition scorers in the NBA ... he just missed a great opportunity. Passing to Dwight dribbling right in to the trap was not his finest moments. shame, he had an amazing game.

djohn2oo8
05-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Agree with Jam 100% . Cant blame Mchale, it was a transition opportunity and a chance to take advantage of a defense that was not set. you have one of the best transition scorers in the NBA ... he just missed a great opportunity. Passing to Dwight dribbling right in to the trap was not his finest moments. shame, he had an amazing game.

At the stage of the game in the playoffs, you call a timeout to make sure everyone is on the same page and get a play. You don't gamble on transition.

Thread
05-22-2015, 10:24 AM
At the stage of the game in the playoffs, you call a timeout to make sure everyone is on the same page and get a play. You don't gamble on transition.

His explanation was valid, dj. A Warrior fell down, another was out of bounds,,,the floor was "broken." It was just an incredible defensive play by Curry & Thompson. Nobody saw that coming.

Caltex2
05-22-2015, 10:57 AM

Howard, the slowest player on the floor, was just getting back on defense. I think he should have risked the charge and gone for the slam.

RsxPiimp
05-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Do you really want to give the leagues best defense an opportunity to set up a defense coming from a time out?

Harden is one of the games best ISO player and he was on fire. It was a good call not to call a timeout.

DMC
05-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Do you really want to give the leagues best defense an opportunity to set up a defense coming from a time out?

Harden is one of the games best ISO player and he was on fire. It was a good call not to call a timeout.

You call the timeout. If it fails after that it's not because you didn't call a timeout.

TDfan2007
05-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Rockets had the advantage. Harden fucked up. You call a TO and the warriors have a chance to get their best defenders in and set up their defense against what would have probably just been a harden iso anyway

Mugen
05-22-2015, 02:26 PM
You don't call a timeout and let them set their D tbh. It's not like there was 4-5 seconds when HOU got possession. There was 9 seconds, more than enough time to get a bucket in that scenario.

Game isn't on McHale, it's on Harden's choke at the end tbh.

Thread
05-22-2015, 03:58 PM
You don't call a timeout and let them set their D tbh. It's not like there was 4-5 seconds when HOU got possession. There was 9 seconds, more than enough time to get a bucket in that scenario.

It's not a choke, Mugs,,,just an incredible defensive play by the Warriors. Instead of hoping, praying and watching if it was going to go in,,,they put a stop to it.

Caltex2
05-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Excellent D by Curry.

William Hung
05-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Refs missed a big one

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11267199_10155564443670717_5405390097390848196_n.j pg?oh=e320a67f9ba1d5aa76143cbf504caeb3&oe=55C9984A

Apparently bear hug defense is still allowed

Thread
05-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Refs missed a big one

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11267199_10155564443670717_5405390097390848196_n.j pg?oh=e320a67f9ba1d5aa76143cbf504caeb3&oe=55C9984A

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

DMC
05-22-2015, 06:21 PM

Bullshit. As soon as Harden picked up the dribble the coach should have called a timeout.

Thread
05-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Bullshit. As soon as Harden picked up the dribble the coach should have called a timeout.

You're like CN=you want a 2nd bite at the apple. That's pussy. That's chickenshit.

DMC
05-22-2015, 06:29 PM
You're like CN=you want a 2nd bite at the apple. That's pussy. That's chickenshit.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Your team missed the playoffs (both teams) and here you are.

Thread
05-22-2015, 06:31 PM
This makes no sense whatsoever. Your team missed the playoffs (both teams) and here you are.

I took my loss.

I had to put a fuckin' hammer lock on your fuckin' ass (Midst as well) before you'd accept yours.

Now you're gripin' about a TO in California. Ya motherfucker, quit fucking lookin' at your hind and act like somebody. I don't see McHale gripin'.

therealtruth
05-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Refs missed a big one

I'm sorry. You'll never get that call at the end of the game. Just got to be strong with the ball. Harden hesitated too much. They should have just looked to run a normal transition play.

DMC
05-22-2015, 06:39 PM
I took my loss.

I had to put a fuckin' hammer lock on your fuckin' ass (Midst as well) before you'd accept yours.

Now you're gripin' about a TO in California. Ya motherfucker, quit fucking lookin' at your hind and act like somebody. I don't see McHale gripin'.

You didn't take your loss. You ignored it like it never happened and never missed a beat talking shit about teams still in the race. You weren't around for the Sweep, weren't around for 6 and weren't around for the 2nd 5. You come in after the fact, every time and make false claims about how you "took the loss". Then when called onto the carpet on it, you get feelings and head to couch.

Thread
05-22-2015, 06:41 PM
You didn't take your loss. You ignored it like it never happened and never missed a beat talking shit about teams still in the race. You weren't around for the Sweep, weren't around for 6 and weren't around for the 2nd 5. You come in after the fact, every time and make false claims about how you "took the loss".

I was here every time we lost and every time you won or lost.

Never missed 1 time.

DMC
05-22-2015, 06:44 PM
I was here every time we lost and every time you won or lost.

Never missed 1 time.

:lmao