PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: If The Lakers Can Land Demarre Carrol and LaMarcus Aldridge Its Over For The League

Koolaid_Man
05-22-2015, 01:03 PM
We can go after 2 max free agents....With the 2nd pick secured word is we're gonna be pushing real hard for these two in particular....Demarre is a defensive beast and scoring machine..shoots 50% from field and 40% from 3pt and is a lock down defender....

Rondo would then have to come at a very reduced price.if he doesn't like it then fuck it..we'll sign Lin for cheap to back up Clarkson...

Line up should be:

Center- Okafur
PF - Aldridge / Randle (Randle can play the 3 or 4)
SF - Carroll
SG - Kobe / Swaggy P
PG - Rondo / Clarkson

Awesome starting 5

spurraider21
05-22-2015, 01:06 PM
thats not even a playoff team

Raven
05-22-2015, 01:20 PM
man, your standards have gone waaaaay down :lol caroll a max player :lmao

Raven
05-22-2015, 01:21 PM

indeed..

Koolaid_Man
05-22-2015, 01:23 PM
man, your standards have gone waaaaay down :lol caroll a max player :lmao

You better google his name...he's better than Kawhi...he's not a system player....name for me another lock down defender shootin 50% from the field and 40% from 3pt...and can guard Lebron....

He's worth a max and will get it..15 mill a yr...

spurraider21
05-22-2015, 01:23 PM
you'd have a bottom 3 starting point guard and shooting guard, a rookie center who is a below average defender. its basically Aldridge doing all a heavy lifting for a roster that is considerably worse than the one he has in Portland, while playing for one of the worst coaches in the league.

you might as well just forget aldridge and tank. your pick is top 3 protected next season :lol

chop/chop

Koolaid_Man
05-22-2015, 01:24 PM

Shakin in ya boots I see..carry on

Koolaid_Man
05-22-2015, 01:26 PM
you'd have a bottom 3 starting point guard and shooting guard, a rookie center who is a below average defender. its basically Aldridge doing all a heavy lifting for a roster that is considerably worse than the one he has in Portland, while playing for one of the worst coaches in the league.

you might as well just forget aldridge and tank. your pick is top 3 protected next season :lol

Nope....we wouldnt need Rondo to shoot...not if we get Demarre.....and if we drsft Towns instead of Okafer...yall might as well mail it in....a line up of Towns / Aldridge...lol forget about it

Raven
05-22-2015, 02:14 PM
You better google his name...he's better than Kawhi...he's not a system player....name for me another lock down defender shootin 50% from the field and 40% from 3pt...and can guard Lebron....

He's worth a max and will get it..15 mill a yr...

i know him since his rookie season from fantasy, he is the very definition of a system player and that is even a stretch since he had to work his ass off to be just that. Was on the verge of being out of the league for 3 years.

ambchang
05-22-2015, 02:16 PM
Probably not as good as the Kobe/D12/Nash team.

Franklin
05-22-2015, 07:25 PM
If I were Mitch I'd rather sign a Ariza type of vet than give 15m/yr to Carrol. Yes, nigga is a decent role player but he's worth no more than 7-8 a year, and he's already in his prime now (at age 28) unlike Kawhi. Carrol pretty much reminds me of 05-06 Mike James, dude played just one or two good seasons in Houston and Toronto, beginning to draw some attention when he was already near the 30 mark. And after he signed a big contract with Minny, he plainly sucked.

Rondo would be a good pick though, you wouldn't need him to shoot anyway with Kobe playing alongside him on the backcourt.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Lakers can't sign two max FA's with Kobe's contract on the books.

Mal
05-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Kobe wont ever again play in playoffs.

Thebesteva
05-22-2015, 07:36 PM
OP an old Kobe could barely take a team with Dwight, Pau, Artest, and Nash to the playoffs, you think he could take a team filled with guys like that anywhere? Kobe in his prime was capable of winning a championship every year if PJ was at helm. A prime Kobe, stacked with offensive pieces couldn't do it without Phil. IMHO, its just time to move on from Kobe.

My issue is at the SG position, Kobe and Swaggy are basically chuckers at this point. They can't fit in to a system style play of basketball. We just got to keep rebuilding, once Kobe retires we will start becoming a much better team.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Great post - only thing you did wrong was add in the words "at this point".

Koolaid_Man
05-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Lakers can't sign two max FA's with Kobe's contract on the books.

Yes they can

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Aldridge isn't a deadbeat dad, or a rapist. No shot.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Yes they can

Show your math.

Arcadian
05-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Any team with Kirbs on it at this point is not in good shape.

:lolakers

Ice009
05-22-2015, 11:32 PM
I think I read somewhere that Aldridge wouldn't want to play with Rondo at all. I don't think he likes selfish PGs that are out for their own stats.

Spurs9
05-23-2015, 12:38 AM
:cry if we can get Farmar back its over
:cry if we can get Nash its over
:cry if we can get Lin its over
:cry if we can get Howard its over
:cry if we can only get boozer its over
:lol little attention whore OP making threads left and right seeing what will stick

Thread
05-23-2015, 05:31 AM
Any team with Kirbs on it at this point is not in good shape.

:lolakers

He never gave 1 back like your boy did. They were selling your shit, Arc.