PDA

View Full Version : Asshole boss of the Year- Why some won't reenlist

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 06:37 AM
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,76741,00.html

And some folks wonder why the enlistment rate is down.

Spam
09-09-2005, 06:40 AM
My people follow orders.
Sincerely,
Col. Jessup

MaNuMaNiAc
09-09-2005, 06:58 AM
HAHAHA!! "they're not being reprimanded, they're being counseled"! :lmao Hilarious!

Clandestino
09-09-2005, 07:55 AM
it is the military. you don't just make up your own missions.. who did they think they were?

http://www.dio.net/pictures_cd/iron_eagle_front_big.jpg

CosmicCowboy
09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
put in charge of the kennel for rescued pets?

:lmao

thats a classic case of being in the "dog house"...:lol

mouse
09-09-2005, 08:51 AM
^ Rack!

Vashner
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Military assignments are like rolling the dice...

You can land in a great bunch of people or in a shithole with jerks...

spurster
09-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Maybe the pilots thought their job was to protect Americans. Especially when no one else seemed to be doing it. They certainly should be counseled for such bad thinking.

Clandestino
09-09-2005, 12:23 PM
their job was supplying people and not rescuing them. what do you think would happen if everyone in the military just decided to do whatever the fuck they wanted?

obviously, this wasn't a big incident bc they were just counseled.

Vashner
09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I worked for this guy Capt Sands at Randolph and he drove me nuts. But sometimes you got to just roll with it and deal. After a while I was able to get him to treat me better by just nudging things over time. I guess people also change after you been around them a while.

AFE7FATMAN
09-10-2005, 02:12 AM
OK It is the military and they did not follow Procedures, but Procedures are one thing and saving lives is another. Maybe Mr Brown, Mr Nagin, Ms Blanco, and Mr Bush need to learn this.

The Mission was complete.

When I went through Basic Training we were told that the American Military
would prevail because our service members, unlike the Russians could think for themselves, be relied upon to take the initiative, save lives and not have to be told, step by step what to do.

After I retired in 1986 with only 23 years service, sometimes I wondered why I didn't stay for 7 more, to reach 30, especially since after retirement I went to work for an Elected Offical and soon learned what real Politics was all about.

I often though gee I miss the best friends I ever had. I had real pride in my unit, loved my main job, and even had loss the bitterness toward those that hid out in the guard :angel, long haired, (Hi Mouse) hippy freaks, Jimmy "do Nothing Carter"etc.

I still remember the 1st rule of management was that if you took care of your troops they would take care of you.

the 2nd rule was CYA

and than I read a story like the above-and I remember that after Regan the 2nd rule was the only rule. oops that's why I retired.