PDA

View Full Version : Scott Weiland - new CD - review

cantthinkofanything
05-22-2015, 04:18 PM
Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts (LOL) - Blaster

It's actually pretty good. I always thought he was a cool voice. Music on this is pretty good and sometimes gets back to old STP. Not anything groundbreaking but definitely better than any project he's been involved with since STP.
I'll probably forget about it in a few months but it's in line with the better garage rock stuff out there today. Of course some of the songs totally suck but it's only a couple.

The album cover nails it. 3 stars.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/915cxZuBmgL._SX522_.jpg

Chris
05-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I liked the old STP stuff..every time I hear Weiland's name I think about him crushing a crack pipe in his hand to avoid getting arrested :lol I remember everyone saying back then that they were a Pearljam rip off since he sounds like Vedder on Plush

cantthinkofanything
05-22-2015, 04:39 PM
I liked the old STP stuff..every time I hear Weiland's name I think about him crushing a crack pipe in his hand to avoid getting arrested :lol I remember everyone saying back then that they were a Pearljam rip off since he sounds like Vedder on Plush

Yeah...and then with the mannerisms on the video. Now that I look back, I guess he may have heard the criticisms and then made the video as joke. I never heard the whole story.
But those first 2 CD's were pretty great. Then they started to come undone by Tiny.

I'm shocked that he didn't' go the way of Layne Staley and Shannone Hoon. And the dude from Sublime...Nowell.

Glad to see him still around.

CitizenDwayne
05-23-2015, 01:30 AM
Always liked the guy...and he has a lot more to offer than just grunge rip-offs. The psychedelic influences on 'Tiny Music' for example.

I'll have to check this out

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 01:36 AM
Wiki'd and man it's been 7 years since Velvet Revolver? Was there 2nd album that bad because the first was one of the Top Rock albums of the year

cantthinkofanything
05-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Wiki'd and man it's been 7 years since Velvet Revolver? Was there 2nd album that bad because the first was one of the Top Rock albums of the year

It wasn't THAT bad. Just forgettable Imo. I thought the first one was ok but not anything near what was made of it. I like this new project better as it has a little more of Weilands influence. I think Slash is awesome and I do check out all his stuff but it gets pretty redundant.