PDA

View Full Version : SMH @ Coach Bud and the so-called Spurs East

SpurPadre
05-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Wow, they can't beat a crippled Cavs team at home and instead are getting blown out late in the game? I know LeBron bought all these players like he usually does and so they can withstand injuries better than any other team but this is still pathetic. Fire Bud and let him come back crawling to us, tbh.

Mikeanaro
05-22-2015, 09:26 PM
That team has been horrible since the last 15 games of the RS so its no surpise and I blame faTeague and the other clowns, would love to see Kerr handling these boys.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 09:27 PM
What player did Lebron buy :lol? Everyone of his teammates was literally considered awful until they got with Lebron. Shump, JR,..Kyrie and Love, even though many liked them were considered losers and they got hurt :lol. Lebron is just that good.

This is one of the shittiest lineups ever and they are destroying ATL on the road.

SpurPadre
05-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Well, there goes my hope for rooting for any likeable team in the Finals. It'll be two assholes going against each other for the LOB, guaranteed. Dubs are the lesser of two evils, I guess.

SpurPadre
05-22-2015, 09:33 PM
What player did Lebron buy :lol? Everyone of his teammates was literally considered awful until they got with Lebron. Shump, JR,..Kyrie and Love, even though many liked them were considered losers and they got hurt :lol. Lebron is just that good.

This is one of the shittiest lineups ever and they are destroying ATL on the road.

Shump, JR, and Mozgov pickups were lauded, picked up during the season when the team was struggling and they have each contributed ever since so my point still stands.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Shump, JR, and Mozgov pickups were lauded, picked up during the season when the team was struggling and they have each contributed ever since so my point still stands.

No, I can't agree with that. Shump and JR have been lauded as losers who were wildly overrated and have never contributed to anything resembling a winner ever. Mozgov was a career below average no-name player that came into replace and injured Andy V.

Love and Kyrie have both been injured and Lebron has literally dragged this awful, awful team to an ECF. The argument is not Lebron's supporting cast - it's the competition he's faced if anything. BOS/CHI are really bad.

SpurPadre
05-22-2015, 09:45 PM
No, I can't agree with that. Shump and JR have been lauded as losers who were wildly overrated and have never contributed to anything resembling a winner ever. Mozgov was a career below average no-name player that came into replace and injured Andy V.

Love and Kyrie have both been injured and Lebron has literally dragged this awful, awful team to an ECF. The argument is not Lebron's supporting cast - it's the competition he's faced if anything. BOS/CHI are really bad.

You're just being anti-JR, SHUMP, and Mozgov though while failing to acknowledge them being a net positive ever since getting them. Do you really think LeBron, the real coach and GM of that team would pick up players he thought were losers? Come on. I will agree with you that the east is extremely atrocious.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 09:49 PM
They are only net positives because of Lebron. The Cavs couldn't make the playoffs and now are in the finals with no Love/Kyrie and with a bunch of guys that were net negatives their entire career's pretty much.

Malik Hairston
05-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Shumpert was pretty bad during the regular season, even after joining the Cavs, he only shot 33% from 3 and he's an average defender..even prior to tonight, he was shooting 36% from 3 in the playoffs, which is decent, not great..

JR Smith was widely viewed as a cancer, that's common knowledge to everybody..

Mozgov is a good C, but he was completely irrelevant prior to joining the Cavs, come on:lol..

Theyre going to get destroyed by the Warriors, though, their roster is pretty limited, fortunate to be going against the worst conference since about 2004 IIRC(and last year, actually)

SpurPadre
05-22-2015, 09:52 PM
They are only net positives because of Lebron. The Cavs couldn't make the playoffs and now are in the finals with no Love/Kyrie and with a bunch of guys that were net negatives their entire career's pretty much.

Still, he got players he knew could play with him. Let's just say they wouldn't be this successful with Bonner there instead of Mozgov.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 09:53 PM
So they wouldn't be successful with an even worse team :lol? I guess, but it's not like he traded for good players. They all sucked prior to him and will suck without him. Just like the Heat now and CLE when he left.

SpurPadre
05-22-2015, 09:56 PM
Shumpert was pretty bad during the regular season, even after joining the Cavs, he only shot 33% from 3 and he's an average defender..even prior to tonight, he was shooting 36% from 3 in the playoffs, which is decent, not great..

JR Smith was widely viewed as a cancer, that's common knowledge to everybody..

Mozgov is a good C, but he was completely irrelevant prior to joining the Cavs, come on:lol..

Theyre going to get destroyed by the Warriors, though, their roster is pretty limited, fortunate to be going against the worst conference since about 2004 IIRC(and last year, actually)
Smith is a known locker room cancer but not for his court play. He was #24 on RPM amongst shooting guards, so he wasn't exactly in the way, :lol

As for Mozgov not being relevant before, I guess you're not familiar with the concept of finding the right pieces that fit better elsewhere.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 09:58 PM
There is no real way to argue for JRS/Shump/Perkins/Jones/Mike Miller/Delladova. Moz was a middling player with no real impact either way before and Tristan was considered a massive busts.

SpurPadre
05-22-2015, 10:02 PM
There is no real way to argue for JRS/Shump/Perkins/Jones/Mike Miller/Delladova. Moz was a middling player with no real impact either way before and Tristan was considered a massive busts.

If you're using the rationale that they're only effective because of LeBron, then the reverse would hold true that they were ineffective before because they played on shitty teams...but LeBron saw their talents and wanted them.

DPG21920
05-22-2015, 10:25 PM
If you're using the rationale that they're only effective because of LeBron, then the reverse would hold true that they were ineffective before because they played on shitty teams...but LeBron saw their talents and wanted them.

Exactly. They were ineffective. Lebron can win with anyone. He wanted them because they were attainable because they sucked.

timtonymanu
05-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Yep has more to do with LeBron's presence than anything. Even so, the East is horrendous. This Cavs roster outside LeBron really shouldn't be mistaken for good players.

Sean Cagney
05-22-2015, 10:49 PM
That team has been horrible since the last 15 games of the RS so its no surpise and I blame faTeague and the other clowns, would love to see Kerr handling these boys.
Most overrated team in the league, Wizards beat them if Wall is healthy or Nene boxes out on that last play.

eDizzle20
05-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Lol. How long are the Hawks gonna have Millsap guard LBJ? This series has been awful. Lebron dominating the jv league per usual.

Ice009
05-22-2015, 11:26 PM
I would prefer the Warriors to win (if that were to be the finals match up Vs Cleveland), but I just can't stand their ridiculous on court celebrating. I would have thought that Kerr would have put a stop to that or told them not to go overboard all the time, but I guess he must think they play better because of it? I just find it a little too disrespectful when they go over the top with it quite often.

Most overrated team in the league, Wizards beat them if Wall is healthy or Nene boxes out on that last play.

I thought the Wizards were decent and I also thought that they'd be the ones playing against the Cavs in the ECF. Pierce hit so many big shots for them. Do you think he was a better overall fit than Ariza for them this season?

Mikeanaro
05-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Agreed, they became the new pacers :lmao

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 12:01 AM
I would prefer the Warriors to win (if that were to be the finals match up Vs Cleveland), but I just can't stand their ridiculous on court celebrating. I would have thought that Kerr would have put a stop to that or told them not to go overboard all the time, but I guess he must think they play better because of it? I just find it a little too disrespectful when they go over the top with it quite often.

I thought the Wizards were decent and I also thought that they'd be the ones playing against the Cavs in the ECF. Pierce hit so many big shots for them. Do you think he was a better overall fit than Ariza for them this season?

Yes, he was a better fit this season. They were a better team overall this year infact. I hope he goes back to the Wizards for another year.
Agreed, they became the new pacers :lmao

Atleast the Pacers took them 7 and won a few games last year against the Heat, ATL can't win one damn game :lol

BatManu20
05-23-2015, 12:05 AM
The Hawks are limited in what they can because of the talent they have. Coach Bud has really overachieved with that group this season. They have a lot of good players, but not a single great one, and in the playoffs, great players win games. Lebron is the best player on the planet, and its's really not even close, despite Curry's MVP. He's taking a team full of cast-offs and former cancers from other teams to the NBA Finals, minus one of his All-Star teammates, and his other hobbled on one leg. It's a remarkable thing to do, similar to when he dragged his otherwise lottery-bound roster to the Finals in '07. Frankly, Spurfan & Lakerfan hate on LBJ too much. Lebron's a generational talent and deserves his due, tbh.

cutewizard
05-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Hawks playing like a developmental team right now, sissies.....

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 12:31 AM
The Hawks are limited in what they can because of the talent they have. Coach Bud has really overachieved with that group this season. They have a lot of good players, but not a single great one, and in the playoffs, great players win games.

Bingo, that is what I said all year long when people asked if they were legit and I said no.... They are a good team who overachieved out East and had a nice little season but that is where it ends. They do not have a player who can take over a series or a game late IMO and as you said the Stars come out in big games and they don't have that GUY. I said unless they go all 04 Pistons as a team they have no shot at the finals, they are not near that Pistons team though IMO as they had a guy or two who could take over a game (Billups or Sheed with all star level talent). They are very overrated by some, overachieved and had a good year but it is over with now.

BTW agreed on Bron, hate aside that man is a bad motherfucker... He is the best player in the world right now.

phxspurfan
05-23-2015, 12:35 AM
Yep has more to do with LeBron's presence than anything. Even so, the East is horrendous.

This. I cringe every time they state LeBron's records like "16-0 in playoff series LeBron's teams went up 2-0" etc. He's been playing the Bucks in the first round every year of his career and shit.

rocknblues81
05-23-2015, 01:18 AM
Bulldozer is an overrated coach.