PDA

View Full Version : NBA: No one is watching the 2015 NBA Conference Finals

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Hopefully the Finals change the current situation but no one is talking about the NBA Playoffs right now. I've watched 0 minutes of the Semi-Finals and no plans of sitting down and watching

Jacob1983
05-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Dave Letterman's last show had more viewers and it started at 1135pm on the east coast. I bet the season finales of the flash and supernatural had better ratings.

Lakers999
05-23-2015, 12:38 AM
Hopefully the Finals change the current situation but no one is talking about the NBA Playoffs right now. I've watched 0 minutes of the Semi-Finals and no plans of sitting down and watching

spurs homer :D

Stevie Johnson
05-23-2015, 12:39 AM
That's your opinion bitch

Clipper Nation
05-23-2015, 12:44 AM
OP is a perpetually butthurt homer who whines about every sport that isn't third-world kickball (but watches them anyway, despite claiming not to). Time to get over the fact that the Bulls, especially D-Blose, suck cock.

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 12:46 AM
Unless you are watching ESPN, basketball isn't currently occuring. Sorry

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 12:47 AM
OP is a perpetually butthurt homer who whines about every sport that isn't third-world kickball (but watches them anyway, despite claiming not to). Time to get over the fact that the Bulls, especially D-Blose, suck cock.
I'm just stating my observation. Everyone loves upsets until the next Round comes along. Then no one watches

Malik Hairston
05-23-2015, 12:49 AM
OP, who do you dislike more, LeBron or Messi?

Clipper Nation
05-23-2015, 12:51 AM
I'm just stating my observation. Everyone loves upsets until the next Round comes along. Then no one watches

:lol What upsets? All but one or two series went chalk.

Kool Bob Love
05-23-2015, 12:51 AM
I didn't even know NBA games were still being played.

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 12:52 AM
OP, who do you dislike more, LeBron or Messi?
Messi because he is referenced with the All Time greats

Stevie Johnson
05-23-2015, 12:52 AM
Unless you are watching ESPN, basketball isn't currently occuring. Sorry
You must have been deported back to Europe, let me educate you: the Golden State Warriors from San Francisco are going to win the championship.

Kool Bob Love
05-23-2015, 12:53 AM
Summer hoops >>>>>

Malik Hairston

I'm not as knowledgeable about soccer, but I hear Messi is the consensus GOAT nowadays, tbh..no?

Stevie Johnson
Because you don't have cable.

Kool Bob Love
05-23-2015, 12:56 AM
Because you don't have cable.

Who the fuck has cable in 2015? :lol

If you ain't streaming shows, sports, or movies in 4k off yourself.

Stabula
05-23-2015, 12:57 AM
You must have been deported back to Europe, let me educate you: the Golden State Warriors from San Francisco are going to win the championship.

Why are you cheering for a city full of faggots and bums tbh?

Stevie Johnson
05-23-2015, 12:58 AM

If you ain't streaming shows, games, or movies in 4k off yourself.
So you are willfully ignorant. King Curry is about to sit on the throne bitch boy. Show some respect!

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm not as knowledgeable about soccer, but I hear Messi is the consensus GOAT nowadays, tbh..no?
He's the 3rd most dominant player since the 1990s (Jordan & Gretzky).

But nearly every single interview I've seen from the other Soccer Greats, when the question arises of "Who is the best player you played against/with", Zidane is always one of if not the first name mentioned. He played a different position than Messi so his goal total is much lower. But Zidane has every Trophy and with multiple Clubs. Messi hasn't won the World Cup and he's won Champions League on the heels of the Greatest Spanish Generation. Furthermore Messi hasn't won the Champions League since 2010-2011. So defeating Juventus in the Final would go farther than many people are willing to admit.

We'll see how Messi's next 5 seasons go (injuries?) but I put him below Zidane and (if he wins the Final this season) even with Brazilian Ronaldo. Messi has the Club titles and Ronaldo has the World Cup titles. Both on historic teams

Splits
05-23-2015, 02:44 AM
Messi scored 0 goals in 5 World Cup matches in 2010. There is no possible way he can be mentioned with the all time GOATs of football with that turd on his resume.

Thebesteva
05-23-2015, 02:45 AM
:lol

Thebesteva
05-23-2015, 02:46 AM

He took a garbage Argentina team with absolutely no one to the World Cup against a stacked and very well balanced German team and still almost won. However, his road to the World Cup was pathetically easy by chance. The only team they really had to show up against was Belgium and the Netherlands to get there. They barely got by the Netherlands, but they are a solid team with Robbin tbh.

However, there was no way 1 man alone with an injured Di Maria could have beaten that German team.

Splits
05-23-2015, 02:50 AM
nojq_l-jN-0

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 02:58 AM
He took a garbage Argentina team with absolutely no one to the World Cup against a stacked and very well balanced German team and still almost won. However, his road to the World Cup was pathetically easy by chance. The only team they really had to show up against was Belgium and the Netherlands to get there. They barely got by the Netherlands, but they are a solid team with Robbin tbh.

However, there was no way 1 man alone with an injured Di Maria could have beaten that German team.
Zabelleta was prob Argentina's best Tournament player. Maschereno also played very well

Thread
05-23-2015, 05:29 AM
I'm glad. I enjoy seeing Media denied. It killed them last nite on that telecast to see Atlanta burn. Yes, Media wants Cleveland, but, they want 'em 4-3, not a skunker.

I enjoy seeing Cowherd cook the books when the numbers run against him.

The Gemini Method
05-23-2015, 10:05 AM
I will watch to see LeBron vs. Curry and see if James can carry the corpses of KLove and Kyrie Irving to a chip. Also see if Iguodala and Steve Kerr can win a title for the starved Golden State fans and in memory of Malcolm Kerr.

The Gemini Method
05-23-2015, 10:07 AM
I'm glad. I enjoy seeing Media denied. It killed them last nite on that telecast to see Atlanta burn. Yes, Media wants Cleveland, but, they want 'em 4-3, not a skunker.

I enjoy seeing Cowherd cook the books when the numbers run against him. Can't stand Cowherd these days.

100%duncan
05-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Thank god the Bulls are out. Woulda been more boring.

Thread
05-23-2015, 10:10 AM
I will watch to see LeBron vs. Curry and see if James can carry the corpses of KLove and Kyrie Irving to a chip. Also see if Iguodala and Steve Kerr can win a title for the starved Golden State fans and in memory of Malcolm Kerr.

Smith, Moz & the Shump carried him in Game 1. It'd only be fair.

RD2191
05-23-2015, 10:14 AM
I know i'm not.

DMC
05-23-2015, 11:25 AM
I never got the troll about ratings. This is a game of competition, who fucking cares who else watches it? It's not a popularity contest.

Strange Love
05-23-2015, 11:51 AM
I only watched like 2 full playoff games this year. After Spurs got bounced I never tuned into these playoffs again. No idea what's going on.

Kool Bob Love
05-23-2015, 01:01 PM
I never got the troll about ratings. This is a game of competition, who fucking cares who else watches it? It's not a popularity contest.

This post is better than the one before.

Caltex2
05-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Just look at some of the murderers' rows that the Showtime Lakers had to go through:

1983-84: Kings (38-44), Mavs (43-39), Suns (41-41)
1984-85: Suns (36-46), Blazers (42-40), Nuggets (52-30, but played absolutely no defense even by '80s standards)
1985-86: Spurs (35-47), Mavs (44-38), Rockets (51-31; first time they played anything close to a legit team in years and they lost in 5)
1986-87: Nuggets (37-45), Warriors (42-40), Sonics (39-43) - easily the most pathetic road to a title in the history of the NBA, probably even in the history of sports
1987-88: Got to play a Spurs team that was 20 games under .500 in the first round :lmao

:cry "But, but, LeBron deserves an asterisk because the East is so weak!" :cry

You pointed out that they lost to a legit Rockets team in '86, heck the only other time they didn't go to the Finals in the 80's was when they LOST to a 40-42 Rockets team in 1981. That team had Moses Malone on them but come on, that should have been easy work. To be fair to the Showtime Lakers though, NBA teams were deeper back then before a slew of 6 expansion teams came into the league in 7 years, including 4 at the end of the 80's.

It's pretty shitty, but if Lebron beats what is looking like a historically great Warriors team (who aren't having much trouble in the Western Conference), that's a ironclad legit title. Much like the Showtime Lakers. They feasted on garbage teams in the West, but still had to face some great teams in the Finals.

LOL, that remains to be seen. It's not as if the Warriors blew out the Rockets in either game. They defended the homecourt, which is what you're supposed to do.

:lol What upsets? All but one or two series went chalk.

The series may have gone chalk aside from the 4-5 (which is a toss up anyways and doesn't really count) but some of those series were at least toss ups in their own right while the Rockets over Clippers was a legit upset.

Happens when none of the Lakers, Heat, Thunder, Celtics or Spurs are still playing. I joked how the NBA was going to redo the final four to bring in at least two of those. Nobody left has won a title in at least 20 years, one in 40 and one in nearly 60 years.

DAF86
05-23-2015, 02:10 PM

But nearly every single interview I've seen from the other Soccer Greats, when the question arises of "Who is the best player you played against/with", Zidane is always one of if not the first name mentioned. He played a different position than Messi so his goal total is much lower. But Zidane has every Trophy and with multiple Clubs. Messi hasn't won the World Cup and he's won Champions League on the heels of the Greatest Spanish Generation. Furthermore Messi hasn't won the Champions League since 2010-2011. So defeating Juventus in the Final would go farther than many people are willing to admit.

We'll see how Messi's next 5 seasons go (injuries?) but I put him below Zidane and (if he wins the Final this season) even with Brazilian Ronaldo. Messi has the Club titles and Ronaldo has the World Cup titles. Both on historic teams

Zidane :lol

Comparing Zidane to Messi is like comparing Isiah Thomas to Michael Jordan. It's pretty much established by all respectable football minds that the top 5 players of all-time are Messi, Maradona, Pele, Distefano and Cruyff.

Infinite_limit
05-23-2015, 02:12 PM
Zidane :lol

Comparing Zidane to Messi is like comparing Isiah Thomas to Michael Jordan. It's pretty much established by all respectable football minds that the top 5 players of all-time are Messi, Maradona, Pele, Distefano and Cruyff.
You just posted a bunch of Forwards

I bet you think Mario Gomez is better than Pirlo huh

DAF86
05-23-2015, 02:24 PM
You just posted a bunch of Forwards

I bet you think Mario Gomez is better than Pirlo huh

I posted the undisputed best player of each era, tbh.

Maradona and Cruyff forwards? :lol

None of those 5 players are pure strikers. Maradona and Cruyff were midfielders. Distefano is known as the "all-around" player, Pele was the original number 10 and Messi is playing the same position Zidane played on Real Madrid but on the other side of the pitch (Zidane played on the left wing and Messi plays on the right). Messi breaks goals and assists record every single season, nobody has ever seen anything like it.

BatManu20
05-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Game 2 of the WCF was exciting for the last 5 min or so, but overall, nobody really cares about the Conference Finals. Need to just fast forward to the Cavs - Warriors series, tbh.

DAF86
05-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Spurs not being in the mix really hit the ratings, tbh.

jeebus
05-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Playoffs are nowhere near as good as last year's; also the Cavs/Warriors series will be about as exciting as Cavs/Spurs 8 years ago. This is why the NBA is bringing up Kirby and his retirement talk, because there's nothing else of note happening.

Caltex2
05-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Yeah, San Antonio's market is such a major loss.

That said, the Spurs are a bigger name than the Rockets despite being in a market at least 3 times smaller so :toast.

apalisoc_9
05-23-2015, 02:44 PM

so you think a browniee is the greatest player of all time..Man must suck for whities..

apalisoc_9
05-23-2015, 02:45 PM
GSW is probably the most popular team in the U.S, but I don't think GSW is as popular as San Antonio internationally.

Nathan89
05-23-2015, 02:57 PM
The league needs to go to a best 16 team playoff to minimize the possibility of a good team going out early. I've watched less than a full game since to the Spurs got knocked out. Spurs were the only team with a chance against GSW.

LnGrrrR
05-23-2015, 02:58 PM
User's name references the cap on his stupidity.

davethedope
05-23-2015, 03:28 PM
The league also needs to stop showing games on Saturday night at 9pm. Wtf kind of stupid scheduling is that?

ChumpDumper
05-23-2015, 03:33 PM

If you ain't streaming shows, sports, or movies in 4k off yourself.How do you stream NBA games in 4K?

Ginobilly
05-23-2015, 04:22 PM

The reason no one is watching because the competition is a joke for the Cavs and Warriors. No close games with any drama, Lebron/Cavs always getting the benefit of calls, etc, BORING!!! You'll faggets know every time the Spurs play in the playoffs and finals they always provide the NBA with entertaining close games and series.

ffadicted
05-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Terrible matchups, boring storylines, injured teams... there's nothing to be interested about. The only good series entire playoff was clippers spurs

SPM
05-23-2015, 04:46 PM
OP is right though....... haven't watched a second of these Conference Finals. No intrigue in either series tbh

SPM
05-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Terrible matchups, boring storylines, injured teams... there's nothing to be interested about. The only good series entire playoff was clippers spurs

Rockets and Clippers had my attention...... but you're right, the first round will end up giving us the best series out of these whole playoffs. Pretty pathetic

TheCultOfPersonality
05-23-2015, 04:54 PM
Speak for yourself. I'm still watching.

Franklin
05-23-2015, 06:29 PM
For the real basketball fans, the playoffs have already ended by the first round with Mavs and Spurs both eliminated, tbh.

Caltex2
05-23-2015, 07:53 PM
The league also needs to stop showing games on Saturday night at 9pm. Wtf kind of stupid scheduling is that?

It doesn't even make sense looking at it from the Warriors perspective, because even if it was played in Oakland, starting the game at 7 ET (4 PT) wouldn't mean that much because it's not a typical work day for most Americans so there'd be no issues with fan attendance. Holding it at 8 PM in Houston is absurd when you don't have to.

The reason no one is watching because the competition is a joke for the Cavs and Warriors. No close games with any drama, Lebron/Cavs always getting the benefit of calls, etc, BORING!!! You'll faggets know every time the Spurs play in the playoffs and finals they always provide the NBA with entertaining close games and series.

I wanna know what both of you guys are watching, the last two Rockets series have been all that, even if the Warriors took the first two games by slim margins.

Caltex2
05-23-2015, 07:54 PM
For the real basketball fans, the playoffs have already ended by the first round with Mavs and Spurs both eliminated, tbh.

Or at least for fans that live along the I-35 corridor.

100%duncan
05-23-2015, 08:31 PM

:lol

Stevie Johnson
05-23-2015, 08:36 PM
For the fake butthurt basketball fans, the playoffs have already ended by the first round with Mavs and Spurs both eliminated, tbh.
FIFY

daslicer
05-23-2015, 08:41 PM
I thought the West playoffs were pretty entertaining despite the Spurs losing. The Clippers blowing a 3-1 lead was comedy and the Warriors-Grizz series was entertaining until Tony Allen got hurt.

cjw
05-23-2015, 09:08 PM
How do you stream NBA games in 4K?

Every time I try streaming anything it looks like it's on a 56k internet connection. Maybe I'm missing something too.

ffadicted
05-23-2015, 09:29 PM
It doesn't even make sense looking at it from the Warriors perspective, because even if it was played in Oakland, starting the game at 7 ET (4 PT) wouldn't mean that much because it's not a typical work day for most Americans so there'd be no issues with fan attendance. Holding it at 8 PM in Houston is absurd when you don't have to.

I wanna know what both of you guys are watching, the last two Rockets series have been all that, even if the Warriors took the first two games by slim margins.

Tbqh I'm shocked the rockets have made it this far... Mind boggling how the Clippers managed to drop the series... They're gonna get crushed by GS

dg7md
05-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Yeah, San Antonio's market is such a major loss.

That said, the Spurs are a bigger name than the Rockets despite being in a market at least 3 times smaller so :toast.

"Market size" means nothing. OKC is one of the most popular teams despite being in Oklahoma City. :lol

The media turned towards our side since 2013, so honestly, yes the Spurs would have gotten better ratings than the Rockets are against the Warriors. The Spurs are/were "America's team" based on popular polls of sporting outlets over the past 2 years.

Not to mention, in a Spurs/Warriors series, the games would be a lot closer. Not that we'd have beat the Warriors either, but based on how the Rox are doing here, I can't imagine it'd be anything like this series. :lol

Caltex2
05-23-2015, 09:54 PM
No matter what, the NBA would still rather have the Knicks, Lakers and Celtics than any of us.

05-23-2015, 09:57 PM