PDA

View Full Version : Can we please stop calling the Hawks "Spurs East" or "Spurs 2.0"?

rocknblues81
05-23-2015, 12:32 AM
At least the Hawks got past the first round this year.

Spurs=Hawks of the west

Malik Hairston
05-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Nice bait, bro..next time PM me and I'll show you how to do it properly, tbh..

Mikeanaro
05-23-2015, 12:51 AM
East :lmao

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 01:22 AM
Hawks would not make it out of the first round nor be a high seed in the West, they would be an 8th seed at best. I agree stop calling them this or that, they never won shit and are a very overrated team and are not near the Spurs. Hawks are average as hell, overachieved all year long, stop calling them SPURS anything is correct because they don't have Tim and they don't deserve that title (No rings nor playoff runs to speak of really).

They lose to the Wizards if Wall is healthy.

rocknblues81
05-23-2015, 01:30 AM
Hawks would not make it out of the first round nor be a high seed in the West, they would be an 8th seed at best. I agree stop calling them this or that, they never won shit and are a very overrated team and are not near the Spurs. Hawks are average as hell, overachieved all year long, stop calling them SPURS anything is correct because they don't have Tim and they don't deserve that title (No rings nor playoff runs to speak of really).

They lose to the Wizards if Wall is healthy.

It was joke dude. It was a spin the "Spurs 2.0" stuff.

As for Wall... Wall didn't make a difference in the series hardly at all. The games played out mostly the same way no matter if he played or didn't play. Wall plays... The games come down to the wire.... Wall doesn't play... The games come down to the wire. The Wizards lost the last 2 games despite him being productive.

He wasn't a real difference maker in the series.

lefty
05-23-2015, 01:46 AM
Nice bait, bro..next time PM me and I'll show you how to do it properly, tbh..

You've got that backwards

DJR210
05-23-2015, 01:55 AM
:lol the trolls are out tonight

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 01:57 AM
It was joke dude. It was a spin the "Spurs 2.0" stuff.

As for Wall... Wall didn't make a difference in the series hardly at all. The games played out mostly the same way no matter if he played or didn't play. Wall plays... The games come down to the wire.... Wall doesn't play... The games come down to the wire. The Wizards lost the last 2 games despite him being productive.

He wasn't a real difference maker in the series.I think if he is 100% they win, which he never was the whole series basically besides most of game one. I also know if Nenes sorry ass boxes out that last play they win the series, but that is heresay now. I like the Hawks team but they were overrated with an inflated record IMO, never were as good as their record and played out East so they obviously won more games. They started to show their weaknesses during the playoffs (Later in the year actually) and they have a ways to go. They don't have a guy who can take over a game or series IMO. I thought that unless they went Pistons 2004 in these playoffs with the team game they had no shot, obviously that was not going to happen. They have a good team and can build on it, but they were not ready yet.

I wish your team well though as I have no hate towards them at all, very likeable team and Coach Bud is coaching them so I can't hate them at all. Add a piece here or there and who knows?
:lol the trolls are out tonight

Dude said he was just joking, I will give him the benefit of the doubt there.

I don't hate the Hawks at all nor their fans, very likeable team but not ready for the big league yet.

rocknblues81
05-23-2015, 02:05 AM
I think if he is 100% they win, which he never was the whole series basically besides most of game one. I also know if Nenes sorry ass boxes out that last play they win the series, but that is heresay now. I like the Hawks team but they were overrated with an inflated record IMO, never were as good as their record and played out East so they obviously won more games. They started to show their weaknesses during the playoffs (Later in the year actually) and they have a ways to go. They don't have a guy who can take over a game or series IMO. I thought that unless they went Pistons 2004 in these playoffs with the team game they had no shot, obviously that was not going to happen. They have a good team and can build on it, but they were not ready yet.

I wish your team well though as I have no hate towards them at all, very likeable team and Coach Bud is coaching them so I can't hate them at all. Add a piece here or there and who knows?

Dude said he was just joking, I will give him the benefit of the doubt there.

I don't hate the Hawks at all nor their fans, very likeable team but not ready for the big league yet.

Go look in the sports forum. Or look in my post history. Nobody is harder on the team than me.

As far as Wall being out... It really doesn't matter. Nobody cared when Horford was out against Indiana last year. Nobody cared about that. Wall was healthy enough to make the difference if he was going to do so. But he didn't make a big difference. It was Bradley Beal and Paul Pierce that really did the damage to make it a close series.

Mike Budenhozler is nothing special. A regular season type of coach... He never made any real adjustments in these playoffs. Nearly every game has played out the same way. He gave Pero Antic too many minutes... He played a part in the drafting of Adrian Payne and that dude busted here.

Nothing special. Just a cheap K-Mart knockoff of Pop.

The reality is that this team is shit and their season meant nothing to me. Hell, this season was no more important than the 13 win season they had about a decade ago.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 02:14 AM
Go look in the sports forum. Or look in my post history. Nobody is harder on the team than me.

As far as Wall being out... It really doesn't matter. Nobody cared when Horford was out against Indiana last year. Nobody cared about that. Wall was healthy enough to make the difference if he was going to do so. But he didn't make a big difference. It was Bradley Beal and Paul Pierce that really did the damage to make it a close series.

Mike Budenhozler is nothing special. A regular season type of coach... He never made any real adjustments in these playoffs. Nearly every game has played out the same way. He gave Pero Antic too many minutes... He played a part in the drafting of Adrian Payne and that dude busted here.

Nothing special. Just a cheap K-Mart knockoff of Pop.

The reality is that this team is shit and their season meant nothing to me. Hell, this season was no more important than the 13 win season they had about a decade ago.

Good lord you said it all yourself, you are very had on your team :lol. I was not nearly that harsh. I don't think they are a shit team at all, just don't think they are a great team nor near it in reality (Record was inflated like crazy). I think they can be really good and add some pieces and compete out East, they are not as bad as you make them out to be or shit for that matter. Coach Bud? No clue but they did win 60 some odd games so he did something right this year, would not go that far to call him a bad coach. I agree on regular season type of coach though, maybe that. I have not seen adjustments you are right! True there.

Hawks had a very good season and made it to the ECF (Which doesn't say much out East I know), atleast give them some credit as a fan. You are their worst critic, damn you went hard on them in that post.

Silver&Black
05-23-2015, 02:22 AM
Sperms East then? Fair compromise?

rocknblues81
05-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Good lord you said it all yourself, you are very had on your team :lol. I was not nearly that harsh. I don't think they are a shit team at all, just don't think they are a great team nor near it in reality (Record was inflated like crazy). I think they can be really good and add some pieces and compete out East, they are not as bad as you make them out to be or shit for that matter. Coach Bud? No clue but they did win 60 some odd games so he did something right this year, would not go that far to call him a bad coach. I agree on regular season type of coach though, maybe that. I have not seen adjustments you are right! True there.

Hawks had a very good season and made it to the ECF (Which doesn't say much out East I know), atleast give them some credit as a fan. You are their worst critic, damn you went hard on them in that post.

They really only played great for 2 months. It was kind of iffy after that.

I think the failures are a combination of things.

-The team wrapped up the eastern conference too early.

-I think sitting the players changed the mindset of the team. This team seemed to value every game during the 19 game winning streak... But then, Coach Bud started sitting players and I think it changed the team. It backfired.

-Teague was a good 4th period player during the season. The problem is that he isn't consistent, and his production took a dive after the all star break.

-You need stars to win titles.

-The team peaked too early.

-Lack of depth hurt.

-The team has almost no players (wings) that can take players off the dribble. Guys like Korver, Carroll, Mike Scott, Dennis and Teague are so limited in how they can score. Teague can take it to the hole, but his jumper is not very good. Guys like Korver, Carroll and Scott are not good ball handlers or slashers. Pretty much all they do is shoot 3's. Dennis is like Teague in that he can take the ball to the hole, but his jumper is not trustworthy.

-Injuries. Thabo was a big loss.... Millsap hurt his shoulder right before the playoffs started and he performed very poorly in the playoffs.

-Korver is not a good playoff performer. Never has been... He was key during the season, but he has a track record of mediocre playoff performances. That surely hasn't changed.

-Lastly, they're simply not as good as their record suggests.

I really don't care that they won 60 regular season games. They won 57 back in 1997 and the eastern conference was better then. It's about how the movie ends now. It looks like they're going to go out with a whimper just like they did in 1997 and 2009 when they lost to Orlando by about 25 points per game on average.

When the team was winning in late November-December they would mention that the wins are nice, but the team is not satisfied... However, by the time late February comes around you start hearing the players say things like "We lost our focus". I think I heard that more than anything else after the losses started.

Blizzardwizard
05-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Damn :lol

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 02:14 PM
They really only played great for 2 months. It was kind of iffy after that.

I think the failures are a combination of things.

-The team wrapped up the eastern conference too early.

-I think sitting the players changed the mindset of the team. This team seemed to value every game during the 19 game winning streak... But then, Coach Bud started sitting players and I think it changed the team. It backfired.

-Teague was a good 4th period player during the season. The problem is that he isn't consistent, and his production took a dive after the all star break.

-You need stars to win titles.

-The team peaked too early.

-Lack of depth hurt.

-The team has almost no players (wings) that can take players off the dribble. Guys like Korver, Carroll, Mike Scott, Dennis and Teague are so limited in how they can score. Teague can take it to the hole, but his jumper is not very good. Guys like Korver, Carroll and Scott are not good ball handlers or slashers. Pretty much all they do is shoot 3's. Dennis is like Teague in that he can take the ball to the hole, but his jumper is not trustworthy.

-Injuries. Thabo was a big loss.... Millsap hurt his shoulder right before the playoffs started and he performed very poorly in the playoffs.

-Korver is not a good playoff performer. Never has been... He was key during the season, but he has a track record of mediocre playoff performances. That surely hasn't changed.

-Lastly, they're simply not as good as their record suggests.

I really don't care that they won 60 regular season games. They won 57 back in 1997 and the eastern conference was better then. It's about how the movie ends now. It looks like they're going to go out with a whimper just like they did in 1997 and 2009 when they lost to Orlando by about 25 points per game on average.

When the team was winning in late November-December they would mention that the wins are nice, but the team is not satisfied... However, by the time late February comes around you start hearing the players say things like "We lost our focus". I think I heard that more than anything else after the losses started.

Thank you for breaking that down for me, great post and truth.

I take it no big loss at all then for the team that playoff choker Korver is out for the year? I had no idea he was that bad in the playoffs.