PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Denies Retirement Rumors

spursparker9
05-23-2015, 03:24 AM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/410/208/e1eac11fb6d5b08e385505b7bde817ee_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

Bryant took to Twitter to deny reports that next season would be his last. "My thoughts on next season being my last season are the same as the last time the media asked me last season #nadanew," Bryant said.

Baxter Holmes of ESPN.com passed along comments Friday made by Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak during an appearance Thursday on SiriusXM NBA Radio. As it stands now, it appears the 17-time All-Star is prepared to move on.

"He has indicated to me that this is it," Kupchak said.

What isn't clear is whether that means Bryant, who will be 37 when the 2015-16 season starts, is heading into retirement or will consider other possibilities as a free agent next summer. The ESPN report notes there's been talk of Bryant playing beyond next season despite his recent injury woes:

"Bryant is scheduled to make a league-high $25 million in his final contract season -- his 20th -- with the Lakers. But there's speculation that Bryant could play beyond next season, and Bryant said he hasn't ruled out that possibility."

Kupchak stated on SiriusXM NBA Radio he didn't think there would be any further talk about a new contract with the Lakers: "I think first and foremost, he's on the last year of a deal. There have been no discussions about anything going forward. I don't think there will be."

Bryant is one of the most ferocious competitors in the NBA. His body has started to fail him, however, as he played in just 41 combined games over the past two seasons. A lot of that is probably the cumulative toll of all of the minutes he's logged throughout his career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2473325-kobe-bryant-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-stars-future-with-lakers

Thread
05-23-2015, 05:25 AM
Just don't let 'em talk you into a retirement tour when you do end it. Don't do it.

Buddy Mignon
05-23-2015, 07:36 AM
There will be no extension.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2015, 07:40 AM
remember the last time he denied something, he was in a cop station looking like a bitch?

baseline bum
05-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Of course he wants another 48.5 now that the Lakers are getting ready to draft another bigman he can piggyback.

Thread
05-23-2015, 08:21 AM
remember the last time he denied something, he was in a cop station looking like a bitch?

You've no room. Your Neal raped as well---then Pop hired him. And why not,,,it wasn't Pop's daughter, nor yours. Just human debris, in the way.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2015, 09:20 AM
You've no room. Your Neal raped as well---then Pop hired him. And why not,,,it wasn't Pop's daughter, nor yours. Just human debris, in the way.

lol but did neal look like a bitch in front of the cops? tv?

Thread
05-23-2015, 09:49 AM
lol but did neal look like a bitch in front of the cops? tv?

I'm sure that was great consolation to Neal's rape victim.

DPG21920
05-23-2015, 10:26 AM
There will be no extension.

I told you that you would have to at least worry about it though. Kobe is selfish. Even when it's clear he can't compete at a high level, he still see's the money and the stats he can put up.

DPG21920
05-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Just don't let 'em talk you into a retirement tour when you do end it. Don't do it.

He already did. He's been filming that "behind the scenes" movie that they released to coincide with the retirement talk. A pretty fine piece of propaganda too to reinforce the image he wants one last time.

Thread
05-23-2015, 10:29 AM
He already did. He's been filming that "behind the scenes" movie that they released to coincide with the retirement talk. A pretty fine piece of propaganda too to reinforce the image he wants one last time.

He's still playing you idiot.

DPG21920
05-23-2015, 10:33 AM

He's setting up the tour. Can you link to where I said he retired? I said he's setting things up for the tour.

baseline bum
05-23-2015, 10:34 AM

No he isn't, he's been waiting for lotto balls for months now. 3x lotto champ.

DPG21920
05-23-2015, 10:37 AM

DMC
05-23-2015, 11:22 AM

Come on Dale, every year Kobe isn't in the playoffs he has to make some announcement. You and I both know he's an attention whore. That's what this is. You know damn well he's going to want his pomp and circumstance, the tears... all that memory lane shit. You know it.

Thread
05-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Come on Dale, every year Kobe isn't in the playoffs he has to make some announcement. You and I both know he's an attention whore. That's what this is. You know damn well he's going to want his pomp and circumstance, the tears... all that memory lane shit. You know it.

Fine, he's attention whore, and if he does a farewell tour I'll publicly cite it & sternly admonish him for it.

Thread

Thread

:rolleyes

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 11:26 AM

That and snitching on Shaq too for paying off girls to be quiet... Later Shaqs marriage ends.

Thread
05-23-2015, 11:27 AM
That and snitching on Shaq too for paying off girls to be quiet... Later Shaqs marriage ends.

You've nary room. Your Rodman told on Robinson. Your Amy told on Tim. Later the Duncan's marriage ended and you had to give back your 1st 5th.

DMC
05-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Fine, he's attention whore, and if he does a farewell tour I'll publicly cite it & sternly admonish him for it.

:wakeup

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 12:06 PM
You've nary room. Your Rodman told on Robinson. Your Amy told on Tim. Later the Duncan's marriage ended and you had to give back your 1st 5th.
I didn't give back a thing, nor is Rodman my Rodman. They later on went to take back the 5th and put it in the case..... Shaq forever lose his wife though and her trust in him from Kobe being a Sammy the bull......

BatManu20
05-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Like i said in the retirement thread, Kobe's not retiring after next season. He'll be back in 2016-17.

Thread
05-23-2015, 12:08 PM
I didn't give back a thing, nor is Rodman my Rodman. They later on went to take back the 5th and put it in the case..... Shaq forever lose his wife though and her trust in him from Kobe being a Sammy the bull......

Amy told on Tim and Tim lost his wife and 1st 5th. You've nary room.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 12:44 PM

A wife who is scorned and signed a pre nup is bitter and will tell all, that is different than a man and teammate where there is A CODE to follow. He broke the code, dry snitched on Shaq and there is no defending that at all.

baseline bum
05-23-2015, 12:46 PM
But I still want to know, are you also pissed Nash's flop might have cost you the chance to sweep the 07 Cavs? You could have been standing here at 1&46.

daslicer
05-23-2015, 12:47 PM
It seems like he's going to test the waters this year to see if he has enough in the tank to play 82 games and also to see if he can possibly ride the coattail's of whoever the Lakers number 2 pick is to get number 6.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 12:56 PM
It seems like he's going to test the waters this year to see if he has enough in the tank to play 82 games and also to see if he can possibly ride the coattail's of whoever the Lakers number 2 pick is to get number 6.

Do not forget he can get another 48 from them! That is always an option. He can also do a re up for one year and get the 25 he is getting this year, why not? Rob them until they can't pay you no more.

RsxPiimp
05-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Odds he plays for another NBA team and where?

DPG21920
05-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Odds he plays for another NBA team and where?

0%. Whether LAL fans realize this or not, LA does not care about winning any more. It's so obvious to everyone but Laker fans which astounds me. Signing Kobe to what they did shows that. Everything they have done shows that. They are 90% business and 10% basketball now. If Kobe wants to play, LA will pay him because of the business aspect. His 48.5M had nothing to do with basketball - he was worth every penny because of the business side and will continue to be.

How Laker fans eat up hiring Scott, signing Kobe to a contract that limits their ability to sign talent and then marching out the team they have is beyond me.

Franklin
05-23-2015, 06:03 PM
One thing is certain though, he won't be a Laker anymore past the 15-16 season.

Franklin
05-23-2015, 06:09 PM
0%. Whether LAL fans realize this or not, LA does not care about winning any more. It's so obvious to everyone but Laker fans which astounds me. Signing Kobe to what they did shows that. Everything they have done shows that. They are 90% business and 10% basketball now. If Kobe wants to play, LA will pay him because of the business aspect. His 48.5M had nothing to do with basketball - he was worth every penny because of the business side and will continue to be.

How Laker fans eat up hiring Scott, signing Kobe to a contract that limits their ability to sign talent and then marching out the team they have is beyond me.
If Paul Pierce could move elsewhere after serving since his rookie season as a Celtic, Kobe can do that too imho, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dirk follows that same way someday tbh. He'll repress his ego and sign with a contender for limited salary, in order to win himself a 6th and to beat Duncan by one. Yes, it's true that winning a championship as a role player doesn't mean very much compared to winning one as the #1, but it'd be nothing strange to Kobe because he did that three times earlier in his career imho. So Kobe wouldn't care no matter whether he is a role player or just a coattail rider, as long as he gets another ring.

MultiTroll
05-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Ad campaign.
Mitch spun this last season too.
"Better come worship Kobme at the Staples Temple while you can."

Thread
05-23-2015, 06:52 PM
A wife who is scorned and signed a pre nup is bitter and will tell all, that is different than a man and teammate where there is A CODE to follow. He broke the code, dry snitched on Shaq and there is no defending that at all.

Amy & Tim had a code as well. She broke it when he wouldn't lift the pre nup. He loses his 1st 5th, THEN, then he lifts it.

Thread
05-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Odds he plays for another NBA team

Never happen.

Ginobilly
05-23-2015, 06:58 PM

When you breakup with a bitter female in divorce or end a cohabitating relationship, and she feels like you used her, and she didn't cash out on prizes like she believed her pussy deserved, there will be hell to pay. You see, due to women's hypergamistic dualistic sexual strategy, the female will attack a man's masculinity when she's been shamed of being known as a slut(been caught cheating and you reveal her inner slut) or when you fuck her over by cheating yourself and move on to other bitches, etc. They will try or will destroy your sexual market value you by calling you a faggot, have a small cut dick, have ED issues, you have STD's, emotional mama's boy, weren't a real man, etc. You could go from her calling you the greatest lover in the world and the personification of masculinity with a 9 inch intact cock in all, when your treating her like a lady and buying her things, showering her with attention, but fuck her over and she'll burn and tear down your masculinity identity with lies in the front of all whole world and your social inner circle if your not famous. Didn't Farrah Abraham try to shame James Dean when he didn't go along with her as his girlfriend? Didn't James not give a fuck in his response? He took the whole "I don't give a flying fuck" Collin Ferrell approach. But that's bitches 101 for you for you inexperienced virgins who can't leave mom and dad's basement. Real Alpha's don't give a shit when bitches resort to that kind of shaming shit.

Te vale pa pura pinche verga vato!

You move on fuck other bitches....younger too, but not like Avante young.

peace out Spurstalk fans!

Thread
05-23-2015, 07:03 PM
When you breakup with a bitter female in divorce or end a cohabitating relationship, and she feels like you used her, and she didn't cash out on prizes like she believed her pussy deserved, there will be hell to pay.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/blackaward.gif

Not only did Tim Duncan pay, but, the entire Spurs organization as well. The price? Your 1st 5th.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 10:42 PM
When you breakup with a bitter female in divorce or end a cohabitating relationship, and she feels like you used her, and she didn't cash out on prizes like she believed her pussy deserved, there will be hell to pay. You see, due to women's hypergamistic dualistic sexual strategy, the female will attack a man's masculinity when she's been shamed of being known as a slut(been caught cheating and you reveal her inner slut) or when you fuck her over by cheating yourself and move on to other bitches, etc. They will try or will destroy your sexual market value you by calling you a faggot, have a small cut dick, have ED issues, you have STD's, emotional mama's boy, weren't a real man, etc. You could go from her calling you the greatest lover in the world and the personification of masculinity with a 9 inch intact cock in all, when your treating her like a lady and buying her things, showering her with attention, but fuck her over and she'll burn and tear down your masculinity identity with lies in the front of all whole world and your social inner circle if your not famous. Didn't Farrah Abraham try to shame James Dean when he didn't go along with her as his girlfriend? Didn't James not give a fuck in his response? He took the whole "I don't give a flying fuck" Collin Ferrell approach. But that's bitches 101 for you for you inexperienced virgins who can't leave mom and dad's basement. Real Alpha's don't give a shit when bitches resort to that kind of shaming shit.

Te vale pa pura pinche verga vato!

You move on fuck other bitches....younger too, but not like Avante young.

peace out Spurstalk fans!
Yep, seen it a few times myself. That sounds like Women to a T.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/blackaward.gif

Not only did Tim Duncan pay, but, the entire Spurs organization as well. The price? Your 1st 5th.
I still don't get how Amy relates to a Trophy at all when Pop is the one who took Tim out of the game and they needed one board, FT's as well were missed. That had nothing to do with a break up Thread.

Thread
05-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Yep, seen it a few times myself. That sounds like Women to a T.

All he had to do was give her the money when she asked. Prompting the pre nup was his first & his last mistake.

Thebesteva
05-23-2015, 10:44 PM

He finished in the shower, leave the guy alone

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 10:45 PM
All he had to do was give her the money when she asked. Prompting the pre nup was his first & his last mistake.

F her man, she cheated and ran off... If you don't have to give the broad alot and she signed it say no and keep it moving! That is what I would have done anyways.

Thread
05-23-2015, 10:48 PM
F her man, she cheated and ran off... If you don't have to give the broad alot and she signed it say no and keep it moving! That is what I would have done anyways.

Sean, she had 1/2 coming, regardless of the pre nup. Any "neutral" observer would agree on that point. That's why she went and told after she'd sworn she wouldn't. She genuinely felt entitled to it. If she'd a reneged a 1-5 years in, fine, honor the pre-up, but, after 10+ years, the mother of your children...give her 1/2 and wish her well.

Dex
05-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Maybe the Lakers will quit being little bitches with this primadonna and offer him what he is actually worth or nothing at all. Kobe probably won't accept a "reasonable offer", so he'll either retire (more likely as a lifelong Laker) or go to the next highest bidder.

Thread
05-23-2015, 10:56 PM
Maybe the Lakers will quit being little bitches with this primadonna and offer him what he is actually worth or nothing at all. Kobe probably won't accept a "reasonable offer", so he'll either retire (more likely as a lifelong Laker) or go to the next highest bidder.

This is no benevolent entity. They're all making money hand over fist. If Kobe comes to the fore next season at 25-5-5 he's deserving of a new contract commensurate with those numbers.

Spur-Addict
05-23-2015, 10:57 PM
This is no benevolent entity. They're all making money hand over fist. If Kobe comes to the fore next season at 25-5-5 he's deserving of a new contract commensurate with those numbers.

It must be hard defending this :lol

Thread
05-23-2015, 10:59 PM
It must be hard defending this :lol

No, it ain't,,,the other side of the pillow may be cool, but, it's disingenuous. I'm on the side of right, Kobe showed me the way.

Spur-Addict
05-23-2015, 11:01 PM
No, it ain't,,,the other side of the pillow may be cool, but, it's disingenuous. I'm on the side of right, Kobe showed me the way.

I'm not talking about the financial worth of really good players. I'm talking about trying to justify Kobe's belief that he's actually worth that money. Not in a Jeremy Lin, "Off the court in a business sense" kind of way. I'm talking about real, court value. It must be hard. I do not envy your position one bit.

Thread
05-23-2015, 11:14 PM
I'm not talking about the financial worth of really good players. I'm talking about trying to justify Kobe's belief that he's actually worth that money. Not in a Jeremy Lin, "Off the court in a business sense" kind of way. I'm talking about real, court value. It must be hard. I do not envy your position one bit.

Well, he got the contract based on 25-5-5. If he can get those number back next season he'll be due the same money.

Splits
05-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Well, he got the contract based on 25-5-5. If he can get those number back next season he'll be due the same money.

Jeesus fuck you are stupid

Spur-Addict
05-23-2015, 11:17 PM

I'm sorry you think/feel that way. Hopefully the front office thinks the same as you do.

Dex
05-23-2015, 11:17 PM

What if its 25-5-5 but only for another 40 games with no playoffs?

Thread
05-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Jeesus fuck you are stupid

Though smart enough that you petitioned Kori to re moniker you the name I gave you.

And smart enough that I would never use "Shits" to reference you in these Forums.

Thread
05-23-2015, 11:19 PM
What if its 25-5-5 but only for another 40 games with no playoffs?

Well, then obviously a pay cut would be in order. Use your common sense.

Dex
05-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Well, then obviously a pay cut would be in order. Use your common sense.

You already know the offer I would give him. The question is if Cupcake will use his common sense.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Sean, she had 1/2 coming, regardless of the pre nup. Any "neutral" observer would agree on that point. That's why she went and told after she'd sworn she wouldn't. She genuinely felt entitled to it. If she'd a reneged a 1-5 years in, fine, honor the pre-up, but, after 10+ years, the mother of your children...give her 1/2 and wish her well.

Thread!!!!!!!!!! She had half coming and got greedy and wanted more! She wanted not only that but to try and taint his name and so on! Do not side with SCORN WOMEN sir, we men stick together on this and say F the bitch! I know how they operate and she the evil snake is one of them, women will try not only to take your money but your soul and dignity and yes of course #5 as you said! THREW A HEX! Evil she devil her be.

Thread
05-23-2015, 11:38 PM
You already know the offer I would give him. The question is if Cupcake will use his common sense.

Because you ain't vested. I'm vested.

I've never grudged Duncan his money though as a union member Kobe has every right to criticize his behavior in contract negotiations.

whitemamba
05-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Sometimes u sound retarted. How u blame the fans for signing Kobe and not caring about winning is beyond me.

DPG21920
05-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Sometimes u sound retarted. How u blame the fans for signing Kobe and not caring about winning is beyond me.

Huh? I blamed the FO, not the fans. I said I"m shocked how the fans buy into what LA is selling.

whitemamba
05-25-2015, 01:05 PM
Huh? I blamed the FO, not the fans. I said I"m shocked how the fans buy into what LA is selling.

My bad bruh, I actually wasn't excited about Byron Scott at all tbh.. And kobes extension was out of line , but what do u want me to do? Jim buss hasn't been answering my calls for weeks.

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 01:07 PM
My bad bruh, I actually wasn't excited about Byron Scott at all tbh.. And kobes extension was out of line , but what do u want me to do? Jim buss hasn't been answering my calls for weeks.

:lol At least go on Twitter and call Kobe out sons

whitemamba
05-25-2015, 01:09 PM
:lol At least go on Twitter and call Kobe out sons

I don't have Twitter but when I see him walking around next I'm going to kick him right in the shin. With love -DPG

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
I don't have Twitter but when I see him walking around next I'm going to kick him right in the shin. With love -DPG

Remember this:

Since then Pau left, Dwight turned LA down, Melo and all other free agents didn't sign and the cap space dried up and sent LA to the lottery. Yikes.

Thread
05-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Remember this:

Since then Pau left, Dwight turned LA down, Melo and all other free agents didn't sign and the cap space dried up and sent LA to the lottery. Yikes.

At least we never had to return 1. They were selling your shit.

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 01:32 PM
At least we never had to return 1. They were selling your shit.

You have no room. You did return one. Kobe and Thread did it actually so in fact it's Lakers 2 returns, Spurs 1. You lose again.

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 01:33 PM
It's shocking enough to think LA would ever face two lotteries in a row (which they have done the past two years). Even more shocking that Kobe's contract will likely thrust them into 3 straight lotteries since they aren't a playoff team this year. No one, not even me, thought when he tweeteed that it would get this bad.

whitemamba
05-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Remember this:

i wouldn't of signed with the lakers last year. Times are changing , we are coming back strong this year.

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 01:37 PM
i wouldn't of signed with the lakers last year. Times are changing , we are coming back strong this year.

I really don't think so. Lakers are coming off two straight lotteries which is unheard of in La La land. They still have the same Kobe issues (Kobe himself, which no one wants to play with him / Kobe the contract, which really restricts LA's abiltiy to improve).

I think LA is headed for a lottery 3-Peat. Coach is still terrrible. Kobe and his contract still exist. Leadership is in shambles (family publicly throwing each other under the buss and making stupid decisions).

Like I said to LkrFan, there was never a time in history where if LA had the same or more money that they weren't guaranteed to land the best FA(s). I honestly don't think they have any shot at a top 5 FA. Sure, they can sign someone, but it's not the top flight guys for the reasons above. It's ugly.

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 01:40 PM
There was a time when people no matter the situation would align things to maximize their shot to get to LA. They would force their agents to do their bidding either during the draft (like Kobe did when he forced his way to LA) or during Free Agency.

Now, RFA's don't want to go to LA so they have no shot at them which is a huge shift. Even URFA's are spurrning them for more money. When you have Lebron, Aldridge, Gasol, Kawhi, Butler in the FA pool and you likely end up with Rondo or Greg Monroe (or other 2nd tier FA's) that tells you a lot IMO.

Thread
05-25-2015, 02:43 PM
You have no room. You did return one. Kobe and Thread did it actually so in fact it's Lakers 2 returns, Spurs 1. You lose again.

No. They were selling your shit.