PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker’s minutes to be heavily managed with Team France

ElNono
05-23-2015, 10:34 PM
From ProjectSpurs:

As you may well know, Parker is set to play for Team France this summer at Eurobasket 2015 despite admitting he wasn’t 100 percent physically during the 2014-15 NBA season.

Via Le10Sport.com

“I will have time to rest before starting with the French team.”

“Vincent (Collett) has told me that he would spare me during preparations and in friendly matches so I can be as efficient as possible when the Euro will start,” he explained.”

Full story here:
http://projectspurs.com/2015-articles/tony-parkers-minutes-to-be-heavily-managed-with-team-france.html

baseline bum
05-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Play him all 48 and maybe the Spurs can get an injury exception in the best case.

Malik Hairston
05-23-2015, 10:36 PM
His eating needs to be heavily managed by the Spurs, tbh..

spursparker9
05-23-2015, 10:39 PM
If he is the starting PG, the coach ought to be fired

FkLA
05-23-2015, 10:55 PM
:lmao

Mikeanaro
05-23-2015, 11:01 PM
He is a real pig, will play for France after the big wet shit he took on us I hope someone breaks his spine because even if he comes clean by the time the regular season starts another new wave of injuries will ruin everything again fuck him.

Emperor
05-23-2015, 11:08 PM
My dream scenario would be trading Parker for a higher pick, getting Gasol via trade with Splitter if possible, resigning Green, then Duncan for one more year, max for Leonard, then go after Conley AND Horford next summer when the cap goes up. Pipe dream but wouldn't it be nice.

Spur-Addict
05-23-2015, 11:15 PM

I just couldn't muster up a legitimate laugh. It was a laugh of pain, I knew, I was kidding myself. :depressed

Dex
05-23-2015, 11:27 PM
This asshole his still going to play for France. For fucking Eurobasket?

The Olympics would be one thing, but frankly...as much as the Parker hate annoys me, I can't say I don't get it.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Play him all 48 and maybe the Spurs can get an injury exception in the best case.

That or his fat ass will lose some of that weight.

Sean Cagney
05-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Frankly, as much as the Parker hate annoys me, I can't say I don't get it.
I agree with you.

dabom
05-24-2015, 12:14 AM
This stupid fuck is done. :lmao

DJR210
What's up with the double standard.. Manu gets a letter advising he's not playing for Argentina, and Parker gets the go ahead to suit up for France? You should earn the right to play extra curricular basketball.

dabom
How is Brazil gonna spin this. :lmao

dabom
05-24-2015, 12:15 AM
What's up with the double standard.. Manu gets a letter advising he's not playing for Argentina, and Parker gets the go ahead to suit up for France? You should earn the right to play extra curricular basketball.

Exactly. Does tony have some dirt on pop we don't know? :lmao

ElNono
05-24-2015, 01:02 AM

The whole thing is kind of weird... Manu did get the letter but it was because the Spurs detected an injury after the Finals...

Tony claims he wasn't 100% physically this past season, but if he's not injured right now, the Spurs can't stop him from playing for France...

Tony must be a quick healer, tbh... 4 weeks, he's suddenly healthy... weird...

Sean Cagney
05-24-2015, 01:07 AM
The whole thing is kind of weird... Manu did get the letter but it was because the Spurs detected an injury after the Finals...

Tony claims he wasn't 100% physically this past season, but if he's not injured right now, the Spurs can't stop him from playing for France...

Tony must be a quick healer, tbh... 4 weeks, he's suddenly healthy... weird...I agree with you. He must not have been that hurt to begin with? Maybe he was just sucking the last few games and really did lose a step or two and it was not that serious as far as injury goes? Maybe he just got fat and slowed down? Maybe all of the above?

apalisoc_9
05-24-2015, 01:10 AM
He was purposely playing bad.

ever sinxe Kawhi took ever that asshole has had so many games where he is obviously trying his best to sabotage his team.

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 01:16 AM
I hope that piece of shit gets crippled in a wheelchair, he does what he wants all the time its getting old... like him.

ElNono
05-24-2015, 01:16 AM
I don't buy he was playing bad on purpose. The whole situation is just kinda weird...

I generally don't mind players playing for the NT, but we've been hearing how he's been playing injured... obviously, we don't really know what transpired, but just odd, tbh...

HI-FI
05-24-2015, 01:18 AM
knew this was coming.

:pop: "he's like my son damnit"

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 01:19 AM
I don't buy he was playing bad on purpose. The whole situation is just kinda weird...

I generally don't mind players playing for the NT, but we've been hearing how he's been playing injured... obviously, we don't really know what transpired, but just odd, tbh...
Just when the playoffs started they showed us an interview where he said he had some pain and he wasnt 100% you know his usual excuses and now he is perfectly healed in record time... after being injured the whole season.

ElNono
05-24-2015, 01:20 AM
IIRC, he couldn't even finish Game 2... I think that's the game Patty came through for us...

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 01:22 AM
1 point Porker now is fully recovered, 3&D dunks and lots of playmaking :lmao

DJR210
05-24-2015, 01:40 AM

More like he's a selfish pick IMO.

spurs1990
05-24-2015, 01:41 AM
Wow what an incredible 'fuck you' to his NBA team.

he's officially my least favorite Spurs player....like ever.

I secretly wish we'd have the stones to trade him and go with Cory/Patty for the next 3 years.

spurs10
05-24-2015, 02:39 AM

Tony must be a quick healer, tbh... 4 weeks, he's suddenly healthy... weird... This is a great example of what he should be asked in the press.

'So you were injured , but now 4 weeks later you're fine?'

Malik Hairston
05-24-2015, 02:43 AM
Meh, I'm over Porky, tbh..I've hated on him enough all year, he's currently a backup-caliber PG, but I'll reserve further judgement until I see what type of commitment he's going to show in the off-season to get back into shape for next year..

Pop specifically mentioned that Porky is going to work on his body IIRC, I take that as a positive sign, but we'll see what type of commitment he actually shows for next year..realistically, he needs to lose about 10 pounds, strictly based on the eye test..it's probably tough to get motivated when you're already guaranteed 14 mil per year, though, and you know the coach won't give your spot to the backup..

We're stuck with him, regardless, the Spurs aren't going to trade him, and no other team in the league would even consider absorbing that awful contract, so let's just hope he shows the same type of commitment that Duncan did after the 2010 embarrassment..

phxspurfan
05-24-2015, 04:28 AM

The Olympics would be one thing, but frankly...as much as the Parker hate annoys me, I can't say I don't get it.

Came and took it *

z0sa
05-24-2015, 04:39 AM

You don't think 4 weeks off your feet, little to no weight or conditioning training, no practices, no pressure of the playoffs or the coaching staff, the best doctors, masseuses, little threat of a drug screening for several months, etc. is ample time to at least mostly heal his injur(ies)?

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the first to say Parker looked more out of shape than injured (come playoff time, that is - everyone was bashing on him far before that, I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the real season started).

100%duncan
05-24-2015, 05:28 AM
Meh who gives a shit anymore about this fuck

Texas_Ranger
05-24-2015, 06:57 AM
i knew he's gonna play for France, so I am not really upset about it. Just get some weight down you fat fuck.

Malik Hairston
05-24-2015, 08:15 AM
i knew he's gonna play for France, so I am not really upset about it. Just get some weight down you fat fuck.

:lol

BillMc
05-24-2015, 09:07 AM
He's had a month to heal, and if they're really going to manage his minutes and keep him out of friendlies, then I have no problem with it. He's a proud man who wants to represent his country. Truthfully, as long as he's had time to heal, then its better for him to have this Eurobasket "work out." Keeps him from gaining weight, keeps his skills from dulling. All good if the minutes are reasonable.

ElNono
05-24-2015, 09:10 AM
You don't think 4 weeks off your feet, little to no weight or conditioning training, no practices, no pressure of the playoffs or the coaching staff, the best doctors, masseuses, little threat of a drug screening for several months, etc. is ample time to at least mostly heal his injur(ies)?

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the first to say Parker looked more out of shape than injured (come playoff time, that is - everyone was bashing on him far before that, I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the real season started).

I don't know what to think z0sa...

RD2191
05-24-2015, 09:28 AM
I don't know what to think z0sa...
:stirpot:

EVAY
05-24-2015, 09:37 AM

I agree with this. All of it.

Last summer Tony took the whole summer off and it didn't help him once he got injured this season.

Last summer Manu had a broken leg and still wanted to play for his team, basically forcing the Spurs to play the bad-boss card to get him not to do it.

Bottom line is that the worst judge of whether or not a professional basketball player should play or sit is not the player himself. They are all competitors, and they all believe that they are going to help the team no matter whether they really can or not.

Sometimes, it is just a matter of whether or not a guy gets injured and can actually get over it.

I wish that Parker wouldn't play for France this summer, because at his age and with the mileage on his legs, every minute of playing time means he is less likely to recover quickly and fully from whatever injury he might suffer, and it means that he is more likely to get injured than a younger player who has less wear and tear on his legs.

Nonetheless, I don't expect him to voluntarily refuse to play for his national team, anymore than Manu did last year after a broken leg.

Zosa is right - if the only thing wrong with Tony was soft tissue injuries, a month off should really put him right. Problem is, as I said before, he is more likely to get hurt because of his age and his previous injuries. So I would rather he didn't play.

Not really any kind of mystery, however, imo.

EVAY
05-24-2015, 09:38 AM
:stirpot:

:tu

james evans
05-24-2015, 09:49 AM
my thoughts exactly. But it's 40 mins international play

hater
05-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Porker shiiting on his haterstbqh

K...
05-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Probably a case of Parker's injury being a mix of conditioning, age, and muscle soreness. NO single diagnosable thing. Rest is good, but ultimately there no real risk of getting worse by playing.

So there's probably no medical reason to not have him play. It's probably not bad. If Parker is tired when 2016 season starts then Pop can use the time to teach COjo and Mills how to run the offense. Probably worth it to make sure Parker can stay conditioned, slim down, practice post-hero ball playing.

TheGoldStandard
05-24-2015, 11:25 AM
I hope he does in fact tear an ACL

MultiTroll
05-24-2015, 11:29 AM
If Porker injures himself seriously enough do the Spurs get cap relief?

Clipper Nation
05-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Why are the Spurs allowing this when they wouldn't allow Manu to play for his country last offseason? I'd be pissed if I were Manu.

Brazil
05-24-2015, 12:57 PM
:lol dat thread

classy Spurs fans even wishing a career ending injury... I've seen it all

euro is gonna be hosted by france, news of him playing this euro is known since forever like the fact olympics in rio will likely be his last competition with FNT

with early exit parker has time to recover from what was bothering him... It's gonna be 10-12 games early in offseason, I don't see the big deal.

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Parker trolling little Mexico aka ST, tbqh :lol

tholdren
05-24-2015, 01:10 PM
:lol dat thread

classy Spurs fans even wishing a career ending injury... I've seen it all

euro is gonna be hosted by france, news of him playing this euro is known since forever like the fact olympics in rio will likely be his last competition with FNT

with early exit parker has time to recover from what was bothering him... It's gonna be 10-12 games early in offseason, I don't see the big deal.

The big deal is, he's a big pussy. That's about it. He's not in shape, he was a no-show for the playoffs, and instead of sitting himself to make the team better, he continued to play even though his play directly influenced the outcome of the series. Now, he wants to play during the summer. His loyalty should be with SA, but he's shown time and time again, he's a douche. I wish no injury on Tony. I would like to see him traded. And I would like to see his flopping, whining ass off SA ASAP.

Unfortunately, I see no team in the whole league, who would trade for him. ZERO teams.

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2015, 01:14 PM
"He's too fat" = gets mad when he wants to play over the summer

"Hero baller" = gets mad when he averages under 15 points a game

*takes paycuts his whole career* = gets mad when the Spurs finally make it up to him

"He can't shoot" = get mad when he shoots the ball and quits penetrating

etc. etc. etc.

Nigga can't win with you homos :lol

RD2191
05-24-2015, 01:24 PM

*takes paycuts his whole career* = gets mad when the Spurs finally make it up to him

etc. etc. etc.

POST MORE GAME PICS

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2015, 01:30 PM
POST MORE GAME PICS
DONT HIT ME WITH YOUR SCOOTER, B.

RD2191
05-24-2015, 01:30 PM
POST MORE GAME PICS scott

timtonymanu
05-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Selfish move. All those "injuries" must be healed.

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2015, 01:38 PM
DONT HIT ME WITH YOUR SCOOTER, B.

RD2191
05-24-2015, 01:46 PM
POST MORE GAME PICS

z0sa
05-24-2015, 01:55 PM
I agree with this. All of it.

Last summer Tony took the whole summer off and it didn't help him once he got injured this season.

Last summer Manu had a broken leg and still wanted to play for his team, basically forcing the Spurs to play the bad-boss card to get him not to do it.

Bottom line is that the worst judge of whether or not a professional basketball player should play or sit is not the player himself. They are all competitors, and they all believe that they are going to help the team no matter whether they really can or not.

Sometimes, it is just a matter of whether or not a guy gets injured and can actually get over it.

I wish that Parker wouldn't play for France this summer, because at his age and with the mileage on his legs, every minute of playing time means he is less likely to recover quickly and fully from whatever injury he might suffer, and it means that he is more likely to get injured than a younger player who has less wear and tear on his legs.

Nonetheless, I don't expect him to voluntarily refuse to play for his national team, anymore than Manu did last year after a broken leg.

Zosa is right - if the only thing wrong with Tony was soft tissue injuries, a month off should really put him right. Problem is, as I said before, he is more likely to get hurt because of his age and his previous injuries. So I would rather he didn't play.

Not really any kind of mystery, however, imo.

Well said. :tu We uunderstand your frustration, though, Nono. But maybe playing for the FNT helps make him right, who knows?

ElNono
05-24-2015, 01:56 PM
AFAIK, the injury report from the Spurs when he couldn't play in Game 2 was tightness in his right Achilles. Hopefully, it doesn't aggravate into a tear, since those can take a full season to heal...

ElNono
05-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Well said. :tu

I understand your frustration, though, Nono.

Not frustrated about it, like I said, I understand why players want to play for their NT, and if they're healthy, more power to them. Most of these guys train and play in the summer anyways.

Just find it odd he was bad enough to miss a crucial playoff game 4 weeks ago, and now he's apparently fine... I suppose it could happen, tbh

z0sa
05-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Well Im frustrated with all the Parker bashing and then he turns around and gives them more fuel for the fire.

Clipper Nation
05-24-2015, 03:19 PM

etc. etc. etc.

"Scott" = "Joe" = you = faggot

apalisoc_9
05-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Hopefully the spurs heavily manages his minutes next year tbh

apalisoc_9
05-24-2015, 03:27 PM
On sexond thought, I wouldn't mind him playing for his NT if it results into him needing rest for the 2015-2016 season tbh.

z0sa
05-24-2015, 03:28 PM
On sexond thought, I wouldn't mind him playing for his NT if it results into him needing rest for the 2015-2016 season tbh.

:td

apalisoc_9
05-24-2015, 03:40 PM
:td

Media Generated big 3 mainstream player fans.

When are you going to start cheering for the spurs instead of the players?

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2015, 03:40 PM
"Scott" = "Joe" = you = faggot
Alt = used condom = semen shield = You = faggot

Seventyniner
05-24-2015, 04:15 PM
Maybe he actually needs to play meaningful basketball in the summer to stay on his game? Parker just had the worst season of his NBA career and that was after not playing last summer.

TXstbobcat
05-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Maybe he actually needs to play meaningful basketball in the summer to stay on his game? Parker just had the worst season of his NBA career and that was after not playing last summer.

You make a good point there that taking the summer off last year didn't really help Tony. Maybe the extra conditioning will help him if he can stay away from injuries this summer with the FNT.

Raven
05-24-2015, 04:43 PM
well, he kinda has to play for this one.. it does suck though

FkLA
05-24-2015, 04:51 PM
His 'injuries' were faked to save face. They don't go from as serious as his fanboys were making them out to be to completely healed in 4 weeks.

He'll have a new list of injuries ready for when he sucks it up next season as well.

itzsoweezee
05-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Fuck this French faggot. Ship his ass back to Paris. Fucking scrub.

Beaverfuzz
05-24-2015, 05:22 PM
That or his fat ass will lose some of that weight.

Yep, there's a reason why he's called Porker...that hamstring injury really put on some pounds.

itzsoweezee
05-24-2015, 05:24 PM

He played the summer before and was shitty the following season you. He's just washed up.

RD2191
05-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Fuck this French faggot. Ship his ass back to Paris. Fucking scrub.

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Take him to da Pork Choppa.

testies
05-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Boris Diaw showing support for his friend Tony Porker and practicing under 2016 Enrique body conditions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPEjXdL6bro

slick'81
05-24-2015, 06:46 PM

i dont get it if he's hurt why the fuck is he playing for France ?for god sakes tony take some fckn time off and get ur body right

EVAY
05-24-2015, 07:28 PM
i dont get it if he's hurt why the fuck is he playing for France ?for god sakes tony take some fckn time off and get ur body right

Do you not remember that he did last summer? And how that worked out for everybody?

slick'81
05-24-2015, 08:06 PM
Do you not remember that he did last summer? And how that worked out for everybody?

I guess were screwed either way lol

Seventyniner
05-24-2015, 08:31 PM
He played the summer before and was shitty the following season you. He's just washed up.

So him playing during the summer or not makes no difference, and therefore caring whether he plays for the NT is pointless.

Chinook
05-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Tony needs to play and against lower competition to get back into the swing of things. I'm actually in favor of this.

Johnny RIngo
05-24-2015, 11:21 PM
Highest paid player on the team and he prioritizes international basketball. Fuck this faggot. By far, the most selfish and unlikable Spur in NBA history.

And I have to laugh at all the retarded Parker fans saying he's going to have a similar resurgence to Timmy. TD gave up international ball ages ago and it's gone a long way in preserving his body for the NBA season.

More than likely the French cocksucker will end up healing on company time for the 4th year in a row forcing the real workhorses(Duncan, Green) to carry the team like usual. If I was TD and Green, I wouldn't return for this bullshit. What are they going to have to do to make this team competitive again? Take an insulting paycut(5 mil is a joke for someone as good as Duncan) in order to free up room to sign LMA while the French faggot makes $45 mil to play ball for France. Yeah, fuck that. Hope he has a career ending injury so the Spurs can get started on a clean rebuild without this piece of shit dragging them down anymore.

RD2191
05-24-2015, 11:28 PM
Highest paid player on the team and he prioritizes international basketball. Fuck this faggot. By far, the most selfish and unlikable Spur in NBA history.

And I have to laugh at all the retarded Parker fans saying he's going to have a similar resurgence to Timmy. TD gave up international ball ages ago and it's gone a long way in preserving his body for the NBA season.

More than likely the French cocksucker will end up healing on company time for the 4th year in a row forcing the real workhorses(Duncan, Green) to carry the team like usual. If I was TD and Green, I wouldn't return for this bullshit. What are they going to have to do to make this team competitive again? Take an insulting paycut(5 mil is a joke for someone as good as Duncan) in order to free up room to sign LMA while the French faggot makes $45 mil to play ball for France. Yeah, fuck that. Hope he has a career ending injury so the Spurs can get started on a clean rebuild without this piece of shit dragging them down anymore.
Johnny going in raw.

Brazil
05-25-2015, 04:58 AM
:lol so parker was not injured but a fatass out of shape
:lol then retards here are mad cauz a fatass will play 10 games in offseason to be back in shape

z0sa
05-25-2015, 06:02 AM
:lol then retards here are mad cauz a fatass will play 10 games in offseason to be back in shape

Haters gonna hate, bro.

SupremeGuy
05-25-2015, 06:04 AM

More than likely the French cocksucker will end up healing on company time for the 4th year in a row forcing the real workhorses(Duncan, Green) to carry the team like usual. If I was TD and Green, I wouldn't return for this bullshit. What are they going to have to do to make this team competitive again? Take an insulting paycut(5 mil is a joke for someone as good as Duncan) in order to free up room to sign LMA while the French faggot makes $45 mil to play ball for France. Yeah, fuck that. Hope he has a career ending injury so the Spurs can get started on a clean rebuild without this piece of shit dragging them down anymore.http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/oh-snap.gif

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2015, 07:53 AM

Apparently, the only way Tony can stay in shape is if he's FORCED to play basketball. Thank you for confirming that he has piss poor work ethic. French people are notoriously lazy(and filthy - heard they only shower once a week). Doesn't surprise me at all that his work ethic is just as bad as Shaq's. He'll probably choose to heal up on company time too.

Brazil
05-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Apparently, the only way Tony can stay in shape is if he's FORCED to play basketball. Thank you for confirming that he has piss poor work ethic. French people are notoriously lazy(and filthy - heard they only shower once a week). Doesn't surprise me at all that his work ethic is just as bad as Shaq's. He'll probably choose to heal up on company time too.

:lol really the shower once a week joke ?

Kineto
05-27-2015, 04:59 AM
- Tony has played with FNT almost every summer since he is pro, spurs FO are well aware of it and have accept it. And it probably cost TP some money in his contract negociation.

- TP would probably not be same player if he hadn't played with FNT every summer. He gained a lot of experience, leadership, and capacity to balance scoring/playmaking. It's with FNT that he learned how to be a team 1st option. His commitment to the national team made him a better player, it was beneficial to the spurs, it's normal for the spurs to be grateful and let him play in this competition that is very important for french basketball (and qualification to the Rio's Olympics)

- By the way, there is no evidence that TP will have a better season after a summer with no BB. He had taken a break last summer, and finally have his worst season since he is in SA.

BillMc
05-27-2015, 10:24 AM
- Tony has played with FNT almost every summer since he is pro, spurs FO are well aware of it and have accept it. And it probably cost TP some money in his contract negociation.

- TP would probably not be same player if he hadn't played with FNT every summer. He gained a lot of experience, leadership, and capacity to balance scoring/playmaking. It's with FNT that he learned how to be a team 1st option. His commitment to the national team made him a better player, it was beneficial to the spurs, it's normal for the spurs to be grateful and let him play in this competition that is very important for french basketball (and qualification to the Rio's Olympics)

- By the way, there is no evidence that TP will have a better season after a summer with no BB. He had taken a break last summer, and finally have his worst season since he is in SA.

Well said.

SASdynasty!
05-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Only Spurs All-Star, only Spurs All-NBA player, led Spurs in scoring and assists throughout the regular season and playoffs, bailed Spurs out of only elimination game, and led Spurs in scoring in the Finals. Crappy year for Tony.

Clipper Nation
05-27-2015, 10:40 AM

Apparently, the only way Tony can stay in shape is if he's FORCED to play basketball. Thank you for confirming that he has piss poor work ethic. French people are notoriously lazy(and filthy - heard they only shower once a week). Doesn't surprise me at all that his work ethic is just as bad as Shaq's. He'll probably choose to heal up on company time too. Johnny RIngo going HAM on Porker and his stans :wow

still.focused
05-27-2015, 11:01 AM
If he is the starting PG, the coach ought to be fired

I agree
But for the NBA season as well

ElNono
05-27-2015, 11:29 AM

Not in his last contract extension, it didn't...

romain.star
05-27-2015, 12:45 PM

i personally shower once a month but yes, once a week would be the average

Diego20
05-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Only Spurs All-Star, only Spurs All-NBA player, led Spurs in scoring and assists throughout the regular season and playoffs, bailed Spurs out of only elimination game, and led Spurs in scoring in the Finals. Crappy year for Tony.

typical Enrique fan example here..

only points per game matter bro? What about D? Of course you are going to lead the team in points per game if you are the one that lead the team in shoot attemps, also he always spend 18 seconds out of 24 with the ball in his hands, dribble dribble dribble..

We didn't need him in the playoffs and we went to the Finals because of team work.