PDA

View Full Version : We lack dirty type player...

kobyz
05-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Both teams who are going to the finals have one great dirty type role player, gsw and cavs have green and delavedova to injure opponents or to get in other team head, it's very difficult to win title without a player like that... We lost to the clippers even thought we were the better team in that series because we were soft and they had matt barnes...

DJR210
05-24-2015, 06:35 AM
We have too much class, and wholesome family values.

Silver&Black
05-24-2015, 07:33 AM

:cry So Classy :cry

DJR210
05-24-2015, 07:55 AM

:cry So Courteous :cry

hooperflash
05-24-2015, 08:02 AM
@ My H-E-B

Richie
05-24-2015, 08:08 AM
We lacked health, thats all.

pgardn
05-24-2015, 08:16 AM
We won the entire thing last season with perhaps the greatest display of team basketball ever without...

a dirty player

BillMc
05-24-2015, 09:24 AM
We lacked health, thats all.

therealtruth
05-24-2015, 10:51 AM
They lacked guts and the heart of a champion.

DMC
05-24-2015, 11:24 AM

This is all bullshit. They missed too many free throws. That's it and that's all. They should work on acquiring guys who can shoot a free throw. Why the entire team FT% dropped in the post season, by 10 or more points, is a mystery.

The same group could be right back at the top of the standings next season, I'm sure of it, and if healthy, could probably win a ring.

HEBsteaks
05-24-2015, 12:21 PM
I think there was a lot wrong with this team, and while there were some injuries, I think most of it was mental, heart or players on the court.

Free throws. Do they practice them? They need to be seriously challenged.

When TP decides to dribble dribble and Pop is too soft to tell TP to stop, it destroy all ball movement and player movement. What makes the Spurs special is just that. When Spurs ball isnt in effect, we have no system and look like every other team out there. Struggling to make shots and relying on tough 1 on 1s. This is why the 2nd unit usually comes in and starts a run.

The ball needs to be in the biggest play makers hands. Its time for Kawhi to take control. He may not be great at 1 thing on offense yet, but he can do everything really well and his court vision along with his passing, can get it done. Manu was the man for this and he still can be for the bench.

I dont know what happened to Kawhi, he had 3 or 4 great games against the Clippers, then he just disappeared. He became passive and started missing all of his shots. Its like he went from Green light to Red light. I think it all happened after one of the games when he wasnt very involved in the 2nd Half and nailed two 3s at the end. I dont know if it was frustration from lack of involvement and started forcing it from then on. I think his consistency and composure will get better in time, but he has to be the man with the ball for this to happen.

Heart and Hustle: I didnt see anything, from an overall team stand point until the final minutes of game 7 against the Clippers. That is when I finally saw some fire.

tholdren
05-24-2015, 12:45 PM

Really? We have danny green and tony parker. One thinks he's a thug, but his bitch-ass plays scared, yet he's in his late 20s and still clubbin. The other is allergic to work, and tries to bang his teammates wives. CLASSY

tholdren
05-24-2015, 12:46 PM
This is all bullshit. They missed too many free throws. That's it and that's all. They should work on acquiring guys who can shoot a free throw. Why the entire team FT% dropped in the post season, by 10 or more points, is a mystery.

The same group could be right back at the top of the standings next season, I'm sure of it, and if healthy, could probably win a ring.

Can of worms just been opened. Here come the "we have the best shooting coach in the world" comments.

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Ditch Matrix, and start Barnes tbh..

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 01:22 PM
No need for dirty player, Spurs got to shoot better and learn how to make freethrows they looked like Shaq out there.

BackHome
05-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Need a guy who has handles and can take the ball to the rim with some authority.

TheGreatYacht
05-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Need a guy who has handles and can take the ball to the rim with some authority.
Kent Bazemore is your guy

kobyz
05-24-2015, 03:06 PM
We won the entire thing last season with perhaps the greatest display of team basketball ever without...

a dirty player
But that what i'm saying, so in order to win title we needed to be 10 times better than the other, but when things not perfect and if it a little bit close in level of play than we losing every time cause we lack that player that help when needed in other ways and gives edge...

Biernutz
05-24-2015, 03:17 PM
I would say that Aryon Baynes was as close to a bad boy we have.

Taking it to the Hole
05-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Depends on what your definition of a "dirty" player is? For years, Bruce Bowen was called a dirty player but really he just got into other player's heads and was just a pest on defense but I wouldn't think of him as a dirty player, at least in the conventional sense of the word.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-25-2015, 02:51 PM
i think this is the kinda thinking that the spurs are owning up to, with the Royce White interest. I think we'll see more attempts to mine a little attitude, this summer.

Big P
05-25-2015, 03:02 PM
I don't know about dirty, but we are lacking a player that has that "mean streak", like Kevin Willis, Jerome Kersey, SJax etc. I'm not sure there are a lot of those type players left, but someone like David West would have been a great pick up for the Spurs.

Big P
05-25-2015, 03:03 PM
i think this is the kinda thinking that the spurs are owning up to, with the Royce White interest. I think we'll see more attempts to mine a little attitude, this summer.

No disrespect, but Royce is a bitch and everyone in the league knows it, I don't think he's the kind of player that the Spurs need.

RD2191
05-25-2015, 04:21 PM
No disrespect, but Royce is a bitch and everyone in the league knows it, I don't think he's the kind of player that the Spurs need.

Emperor
05-25-2015, 04:42 PM
I would say that Aryon Baynes was as close to a bad boy we have.

And yet he was the Spurs version of Shawn Bradley getting dunked on all the damn time unfortunately.

spurs10
05-25-2015, 05:06 PM

The same group could be right back at the top of the standings next season, I'm sure of it, and if healthy, could probably win a ring. :toast

lefty
05-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

cantthinkofanything
05-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Pull the old switcharoo and change Parker and Leonard's contracts.

cd021
05-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Overrated. The Spurs don't need one unless he's actually good like Dray. Green.

cutewizard
05-25-2015, 10:21 PM
A nice enforcer would be

Thomas Robinson............

FkLA
05-25-2015, 11:01 PM
Yeah, dirty players change the momentum and incite runs with a 'hard-nosed' play. Even that genius Reggie Miller said that when Barnes pushed Baynes to the ground!!

spursparker9
05-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Yeah, dirty players change the momentum and incite runs with a 'hard-nosed' play. Even that genius Reggie Miller said that when Barnes pushed Baynes to the ground!!

Yeah that destroyed Baynes career tbh.

especially after those 2 dunks on him by Griffin

Sean Cagney
05-26-2015, 01:17 AM

Was it two or three dunks on him? Either or he got his soul took that game, Pop felt bad and sat him for most of the series after that honestly.

Lerojo
05-26-2015, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't say we need dirty, more we need a player with a killer instinct, an enforcer, has pest like qualities, maybe will trash talk and do things to get into opponents heads or frustrate them. Someone who is not soft.

Basically someone who is the opposite of Kawhi personality wise but with the same work ethic. But they still need to be a great team mate.

A newer version of what Captain Jack brought to the court and locker room.

Malik Hairston
05-26-2015, 02:09 AM
:lol every time the Spurs lose, the "dirty/enforcer" threads appear, tbh..

Sean Cagney
05-26-2015, 02:10 AM
I wouldn't say we need dirty, more we need a player with a killer instinct, an enforcer, has pest like qualities, maybe will trash talk and do things to get into opponents heads or frustrate them. Someone who is not soft.

Basically someone who is the opposite of Kawhi personality wise but with the same work ethic. But they still need to be a great team mate.

A newer version of what Captain Jack brought to the court and locker room.I will take him, where is that player at? Forget Alridge or whoever this off season that is what they really need and it won't require the Max, but who out there? I believe they do need that as nobody on the team right now has that, sure they won a title in 014 and it was great but damn that player was missing as you said when Barnes was out there spitting on the court and throwing Baynes down. I at times want a guy out there who will get in someones face and push or shove a little bit without being dirty.
:lol every time the Spurs lose, the "dirty/enforcer" threads appear, tbh..

That is true, after last years title run with that motion O and great post season you saw none of this. I still would like a dude to step up though and get in someones face or scrap for a ball and not get thrown down and not do shit like Baynes though.... I am just saying.

Elie would get a little dirty out there, Jax and Willis would scrap for the ball and talk some shit, Horry and a few others had that in them. I miss that all in all, just that guy who would give a little shove or shot to someone to let them know. That type of guy can get a team fired up and let the other team know they are not having that shit.

hsxvvd
05-26-2015, 07:41 AM
Delly!

pgardn
05-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Fans need this more than the team.

The Spurs broke the wrist and walked away last season and there were no complaints.

sexinthatsx
05-27-2015, 02:32 AM
Tiago Splitter was the Spurs rough nitty gritty player last year. Remember when Blazers cried last year when they said Spurs screens hurt? Remember when Damian Lillard looked like he got knocked out from a back-court screen? Yeah that was Tiago Splitter. I was trying to find a video of it online somewhere but can't seem to find it.

Gagnrath
05-27-2015, 10:17 AM
And yet he was the Spurs version of Shawn Bradley getting dunked on all the damn time unfortunately.

Thats what the Clippers do... Play them and your bigs are going to be in a few highlight film dunks unless they choose not to contest.... (which is the way bitchier move by the way). I'm glad he was contesting them the problem is he needs to actually contest them more effectively and work on getting a body on jordan or griffen before the pass goes up so that Paul doesn't put it up where they can go get it.

Aaron doesn't have the physical tools to contest the pass in the air nor to consistently block the ball at the rim. What he can do is establish good position and stop Deandre from being able to catch and throw down, (which will probably prevent the pass from coming at all.) Blake is more of a problem because he is faster than Baynes.... and is a good enough shooter (though that is fairly recent) that Baynes can't sag off of him.

A big problem is that Griffen is a huge match-up for the spurs without a healthy Splitter.... To fast for Duncan (though Tim was the best match-up), to Big for Diaw (was able to shoot over him) and to fast for a gimpy Splitter. Baynes while a good 4th big and is probably capable of being a 3rd big on a number of teams really can't be expected to keep an all star in check for major minutes in a 7 game series.

Blizzardwizard
05-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Parker's scrub beard is pretty dirty tbh..

sook
05-27-2015, 12:34 PM

:cry So Courteous :cry
:lol

DJR210
05-27-2015, 01:36 PM

He should have announced his retirement during a timeout and hit the showers IMO

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-27-2015, 01:44 PM
What!!!

Spurs have Parker that likes to bang teammates wives.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-27-2015, 04:17 PM

Stupid. The Spurs have some of the most competitive players around. There are a lot of teams with a lot more talent who achieve a whole lot less than the Spurs ever have. Takes like yours are quite sad, really.