PDA

View Full Version : Royce White

SilverSpur
05-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Royce White a former no. 1 draft pick was offered a summer leauge spot with the Spurs.
He's young, 24 and stands 6'8".
He had anxiety issues while flying in planes when he was last in the NBA.
What do you guys think.

TXstbobcat
05-24-2015, 04:02 PM
I would say pass but it's only a summer league invite to see what he's got.

Bartleby
05-24-2015, 04:02 PM
I think you missed the other thread about this.

FkLA
05-24-2015, 04:03 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/DF2DFhS.gif

FireMicoHalili
05-24-2015, 04:05 PM
Feels like the guy is just looking to make a few more million dollars before he peters out again

EVAY
05-24-2015, 05:01 PM
I think you can buy a lot of anti-anxiety meds for what a league minimum contract pays.

DJR210
05-24-2015, 05:15 PM
We need a church of Royce White thread already.

exstatic
05-24-2015, 05:57 PM
We need a church of Royce White thread already.

Arkham Asylum, more like.

djohn2oo8
05-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Lol no

DJR210
05-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Arkham Asylum, more like.

:lol yeah

baseline bum
05-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Royce White a former no. 1 draft pick was offered a summer leauge spot with the Spurs.
He's young, 24 and stands 6'8".
He had anxiety issues while flying in planes when he was last in the NBA.
What do you guys think.

I think fuck that faggot. RC has gone off the deep end if he brings this guy in. I don't care if he's the LeBron of the summer league, no mental midgets like that after the fiasco with Rodman.

tholdren
05-24-2015, 07:24 PM
does it matter if we respond? obviously you cant read, or you would have looked at the other thread.

but yeah, lets trade him for Leonard

DrunkTXLabrat
05-25-2015, 02:21 AM
does it matter if we respond? obviously you cant read, or you would have looked at the other thread.

but yeah, lets trade him for Leonard

there's a lot of anger here, and i sense that it's justified.

InRareForm
05-25-2015, 10:20 AM
lol gtfo

FireMicoHalili
05-25-2015, 10:25 AM
just went through his draft pages...no wonder Spurs like him.
(a) 7'0" wingspan
(b) allegedly a good passer
(c) would be a great PR move for the Spurs FO, and with a low risk

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2015, 12:07 PM
2014 off-season:
-Stand pat and don't use the MLE
-Give a declining point guard a $45 mil extension
-Expect Austin Daye and rookie Kyle Anderson to shore up the holes in the rotation

2015 off-season:
-targeting Rockets trash like Royce White, a dude who suffers from mental health problems

:lol Pop and Buford clearly don't give a fuck anymore. These two called it a day after number 5.

Darius Bieber
05-25-2015, 12:08 PM
He wasn't a #1 pick, I believe he went like 16th to the Rockets.

jeebus
05-25-2015, 12:42 PM
If we can get him for the minimum, why not?

KaiRMD1
05-25-2015, 12:47 PM
This loser is still around?

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 12:57 PM
I hope ST is not serious with this. It's a SL invite, one he hasn't even accepted yet :lol. For every Rodman, there is a Stephen Jackson. Getting a cheap, harmless look at someones actual game plus time to evaluate them mentally is a no-brainer. There is absolutely no risk here and it's SL.

ChumpDumper
05-25-2015, 01:24 PM
ST is serious.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-25-2015, 01:45 PM
I really should've known that ST would act like the basketball world is burning down with this news. It's a summer league invite, not the all the cap room. At this point, he's basically nothing more than a Ryan Richards level player in the team's eyes.

DPG21920
05-25-2015, 01:53 PM
It's not even that. You have to fill out the SL roster. Sometimes you do it for multiple reasons: Giving a guy that has been loyal, but has no shot at making your team a spot (Toros/Austin Spurs guys at times) / Guys with interesting pasts but talent / 2nd chance guys / draft picks

There's literally a ton of reasons but at the end of the day, teams are stretching to fill SL rosters

K...
05-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Is he eligible for the Austin SPurs? that seems like a good place for him.

ChumpDumper
05-25-2015, 02:06 PM
Is he eligible for the Austin SPurs? that seems like a good place for him.It's possible, but some things have to happen first. No need to get ahead of ourselves. Let's see if he's Diaw Jr. in SL if he takes the invite.

maverick1948
05-25-2015, 08:34 PM
It's possible, but some things have to happen first. No need to get ahead of ourselves. Let's see if he's Diaw Jr. in SL if he takes the invite.

If that is what he has to be, forget even going to SL. He is not going to even be close.

ducks
05-25-2015, 11:19 PM
just went through his draft pages...no wonder Spurs like him.
(a) 7'0" wingspan
(b) allegedly a good passer
(c) would be a great PR move for the Spurs FO, and with a low risk
To replace booner as 15 man how stupid could Spurs be

maverick1948
06-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Royce White Problems Mental variety. Hmmmmm Never heard of someone succeeding with this type of problem.. OH WAIT!!! Some guy bought a baseball players contract for $1 dollar. Sent him to a doctor and the minors in Memphis AA farm team. This man had a problem with Tourrette syndrome. When ever he was being harassed, he head would start twitching and he could not control it. After doctor visit, he came to Memphis and stared with the Chicks for half a season. In that time, he set the record for doubles in a SEASON. Moved up the the majors and played for 12 yrs. His name was Jim Eisenreich.

Now many things are before likenesses but we can hope Royce White can overcome his problems the way Jim did. If he does maybe the Spurs get a cheap PF backup for whoever we have there in the fall.

tholdren
06-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Royce White Problems Mental variety. Hmmmmm Never heard of someone succeeding with this type of problem.. OH WAIT!!! Some guy bought a baseball players contract for $1 dollar. Sent him to a doctor and the minors in Memphis AA farm team. This man had a problem with Tourrette syndrome. When ever he was being harassed, he head would start twitching and he could not control it. After doctor visit, he came to Memphis and stared with the Chicks for half a season. In that time, he set the record for doubles in a SEASON. Moved up the the majors and played for 12 yrs. His name was Jim Eisenreich.

Now many things are before likenesses but we can hope Royce White can overcome his problems the way Jim did. If he does maybe the Spurs get a cheap PF backup for whoever we have there in the fall.

Ditto

exstatic
06-04-2015, 10:28 PM

His problem is, he wants more than accommodation, he wants HIS doctor to determine if he's fit to play on a night to night basis. This goes way beyond his anxiety issues, and delves into a sense of entitlement. I'm really surprised they offered him a SL contract. I doubt he accepts it. He won't be able to run his games here.

cd98
06-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Looks like he's going to training camp with the Clippers. Smart move on his part. Clippers need a small forward and he has a good chance of getting a starting gig there if he can prove he is NBA-level talent. With the Spurs, he'd be second fiddle to the player that the organization considers its franchise player.

MVPCues
06-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks like he's going to training camp with the Clippers. Smart move on his part. Clippers need a small forward and he has a good chance of getting a starting gig there if he can prove he is NBA-level talent. With the Spurs, he'd be second fiddle to the player that the organization considers its franchise player.

Well that sounds optimistic to me. The dude will disappear after the summer.

tholdren
06-06-2015, 01:01 PM
going to LA Clippers. - good.