PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Dellavedova Will Take Out Curry's Ankles

Stabula
05-24-2015, 08:44 PM
Question is will this be a go-to strategy for Cavs or will they only resort to it if they're losing at home?

Silver&Black
05-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Why did he get the technical foul? They said "trash talk"...but I don't buy that.

Stabula
05-24-2015, 08:58 PM
:lol trash talk. They clearly acknowledged Dellavedova had malicious intent on that play by giving him a technical. Yet Horford reacting to the attack on his knees/ankle gets ejected. Classic showing from the refs.

K...
05-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Whats that hand signal he gave? four fingers down? i dont think that was a nice gesture. I think he said something. Also he looks like a rat.

mkurts
05-24-2015, 09:42 PM
This guy is great, he will help the Cavs win the championship by taking out Curry and Thompson, and maybe even severely injure Barnes and Green too ......

Thread
05-24-2015, 09:44 PM
White man getting the better of a black man.

Old times, they be the best times.

Stabula
05-24-2015, 09:49 PM
White man getting the better of a black man.

Old times, they be the best times.

He got the better of Korver as well, put him in a suit on the side-lines.

KaiRMD1
05-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Gotta use him for something

BatManu20
05-24-2015, 11:08 PM
I see him going for the full swan dive right at Curry's ankles in game 1, tbh. Cause that's the only way they're beating the Dubs.

lefty
05-24-2015, 11:10 PM
:lol Dellavedova even attacks his teammates

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/B3FB-CoNqedw_17CvvbKTNzrjMQ=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3353306/millernuts.0.gif

HI-FI
05-24-2015, 11:20 PM

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/B3FB-CoNqedw_17CvvbKTNzrjMQ=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3353306/millernuts.0.gif
:lol
white nigg3r is a one man wrecking crew.

DMX7
05-24-2015, 11:31 PM

He's a mad man.

UZER
05-24-2015, 11:41 PM
This guy is great, he will help the Cavs win the championship by taking out Curry and Thompson, and maybe even severely injure Barnes and Green too ......

He's not dirty or malicious yet, because he's taking out hawks players and no one gives a shot about the hawks. Let him make one "questionable" play at curry klay or green, and shit will hit the fan

Trill Clinton
05-24-2015, 11:43 PM
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dellavedova-will-take-out-currys-ankles.321646/

http://i62.tinypic.com/b63vux.png

Mitch
05-24-2015, 11:45 PM

Stabula
05-25-2015, 12:12 AM

:reading

KaiRMD1
05-25-2015, 12:16 AM
You know, this all started with the bush league play on Love. Ever since then, Cavs been doing some shit on players will Dellavadova leading the pack.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2015, 12:21 AM
Have to give them credit for having a White player do it, knowing he won't get punished or won't receive scrutiny from casual fans(non-Lebron haters), tbh:lol..

JoeTait75
05-25-2015, 12:34 AM
One of basketball's ancient truths: the most hated player on the court will always be the scrappy white guy.

Venti Quattro
05-25-2015, 12:55 AM

Stabula
05-25-2015, 02:10 AM
Have to give them credit for having a White player do it, knowing he won't get punished or won't receive scrutiny from casual fans(non-Lebron haters), tbh:lol..

Calculated

99 Problems
05-25-2015, 02:13 AM
Delly playing real playoff basketball. Nobody likes being outplayed by an undrafted minimum salary guy. Not Chicago or Atlanta.

Anyhow, would they react the same if Le Bron fell over on them, no way. :lmao

downunder
05-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Delladova is a great player and a particularly good defender. It is unfortunate that the us press makes heroes out of high scorers but virtually ignores good defenders. Look at Delly's efforts to frustrate an opponent . He pushes thru illegal moving screens. He guards with his hands up like we were taught in school , now virtually ignored by nba players and yes he scrambles for loose ball. Many nba players shoot hero balls chasing high scores but are lazy on defence. The press ignore this except that stats speak for the self. When Delly's was on the floor Teague was ineffective. That's precisely why Blatt puts Delly's on opponents that are scoring. If you look at the genius player Curry in the last game you will see that he was unbelievably left unguarded even though he was MVP. Yes Delly's Weill be assigned to him for good reason. As for playing dirty that is sour grapes from a player that clearly deliberately put an elbow on Delly's after both players tripped over a player already on the floor. The earlier incident with Horver was unfortunate but clearly Delly's was entitled to scramble for loose ball.

downunder
05-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Delladova is a great player and a particularly good defender. It is unfortunate that the us press makes heroes out of high scorers but virtually ignores good defenders. Look at Delly's efforts to frustrate an opponent . He pushes thru illegal moving screens. He guards with his hands up like we were taught in school , now virtually ignored by nba players and yes he scrambles for loose ball. Many nba players shoot hero balls chasing high scores but are lazy on defence. The press ignore this except that stats speak for the self. When Delly's was on the floor Teague was ineffective. That's precisely why Blatt puts Delly's on opponents that are scoring. If you look at the genius player Curry in the last game you will see that he was unbelievably left unguarded even though he was MVP. Yes Delly will be assigned to him for good reason. As for playing dirty that is sour grapes from a player that clearly deliberately put an elbow on Delly's after both players tripped over a player already on the floor. The earlier incident with Horver was unfortunate but clearly Delly's was entitled to scramble for loose ball.

UZER
05-25-2015, 08:45 AM

:lol Lebron is the most insecure bastard of all time.

unleashbaynes
05-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Delladova is a great player and a particularly good defender. It is unfortunate that the us press makes heroes out of high scorers but virtually ignores good defenders. Look at Delly's efforts to frustrate an opponent . He pushes thru illegal moving screens. He guards with his hands up like we were taught in school , now virtually ignored by nba players and yes he scrambles for loose ball. Many nba players shoot hero balls chasing high scores but are lazy on defence. The press ignore this except that stats speak for the self. When Delly's was on the floor Teague was ineffective. That's precisely why Blatt puts Delly's on opponents that are scoring. If you look at the genius player Curry in the last game you will see that he was unbelievably left unguarded even though he was MVP. Yes Delly will be assigned to him for good reason. As for playing dirty that is sour grapes from a player that clearly deliberately put an elbow on Delly's after both players tripped over a player already on the floor. The earlier incident with Horver was unfortunate but clearly Delly's was entitled to scramble for loose ball.

:lol This guy

Thread
05-25-2015, 09:09 AM
:lol This guy

...should be commended...

du

Koolaid_Man
05-25-2015, 09:17 AM
white nigg3r is a one man wrecking crew.

But no one did it better than Kobe....lol like when he broke Manu's nose..lol

d-ybUPRQfQM

Buddy Mignon
05-25-2015, 11:35 AM
I was just thinking the other day that every team should have a player like this. Dallas had a goon a few years back that would hack the fuck out of you.

TampaDude
05-25-2015, 03:30 PM
I was just thinking the other day that every team should have a player like this. Dallas had a goon a few years back that would hack the fuck out of you.

I remember Barea during the Mavs' 2011 title run. He drove the Lakers insane. It was awesome! :lol

TampaDude
05-25-2015, 03:32 PM
One of basketball's ancient truths: the most hated player on the court will always be the scrappy white guy.

NBA's "All-Pest" Team?

Barea
Dellavedova
?????
?????
?????

Feel free to add your favorites... :lol

Stabula
05-25-2015, 04:00 PM
NBA's "All-Pest" Team?

Barea
Dellavedova
?????
?????
?????

:lol not bad

Infinite_limit
05-25-2015, 04:05 PM
NBA's "All-Pest" Team?

Barea
Dellavedova
?????
?????
?????

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/birdman-tyler2.jpg

UZER
05-25-2015, 05:46 PM
NBA's "All-Pest" Team?

Barea
Dellavedova
?????
?????
?????

Laimbeer

Thunder Dan
05-25-2015, 06:14 PM
I gotta say, this shit is so lame. The only semi dirty play was the ankle lock on Gibson last round which honestly wasn't a huge deal as it was just being annoying and not malicious.

The Korver play he was diving for a 50/50 loose ball in theEastern Conference Finals. Anyone that thinks that is dirty is fucking retarded. Back when I learned basketball and played it for pride we were rewarded for plays like that. Those kind of plays win games. Kids are taught to make sure you look around and make sure you don't hurt anyone before diving for a ball. The fact that people frown on this is like people having a problem for guys sprinting out ground balls in baseball. It's part of the game.

I feel the same way about the Horford play. He was pulled backwards and fell to the ground by Horford. These complaints only highlight the fact that the NBA is full of soft ass primadonna millionares that don't really give a shit about winning only cashing checks, except of course for Delly who is being ostracized now for hustle

Mitch
05-25-2015, 06:17 PM
I gotta say, this shit is so lame. The only semi dirty play was the ankle lock on Gibson last round which honestly wasn't a huge deal as it was just being annoying and not malicious.

The Korver play he was diving for a 50/50 loose ball in theEastern Conference Finals. Anyone that thinks that is dirty is fucking retarded. Back when I learned basketball and played it for pride we were rewarded for plays like that. Those kind of plays win games. Kids are taught to make sure you look around and make sure you don't hurt anyone before diving for a ball. The fact that people frown on this is like people having a problem for guys sprinting out ground balls in baseball. It's part of the game.

I feel the same way about the Horford play. He was pulled backwards and fell to the ground by Horford. These complaints only highlight the fact that the NBA is full of soft ass primadonna millionares that don't really give a shit about winning only cashing checks, except of course for Delly who is being ostracized now for hustle

Do you think the last foul on Love was dirty?

Thunder Dan
05-25-2015, 07:46 PM
I don't think pulling on someone's arm is a basketball play like diving for a loose ball is. That said, I don't feel Kelly did it on purpose. Al Horford and the Hawks are just soft. Korver wouldn't have a broken ankle if he was diving for the ball as well, but we know how tough of a guy he is based on his o-lay defense on Lebron the game before with 30 sec left to go.

UZER
05-25-2015, 08:07 PM
I don't think pulling on someone's arm is a basketball play like diving for a loose ball is. That said, I don't feel Kelly did it on purpose. Al Horford and the Hawks are just soft. Korver wouldn't have a broken ankle if he was diving for the ball as well, but we know how tough of a guy he is based on his o-lay defense on Lebron the game before with 30 sec left to go.

What about grabbing someone's leg with your legs?

spursparker9
05-25-2015, 08:12 PM
NBA's "All-Pest" Team?

Barea
Dellavedova
?????
?????
?????

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/tls63972vu2mj1e2lzjv.jpg

:lol This guy had cause many techs and suspensions too.

ducks
05-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Curry hurt tonight

AlexJones
05-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Nigga is aiming for that head

lefty
05-25-2015, 09:23 PM
:lol Delladovariza

Stabula
05-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Curry will come back in Game 5 if Warriors lose tonight and Delly will be ready to swan dive at his ankles the moment the ball is within a mile radius so he can call it "a hustle play"

KaiRMD1
05-25-2015, 09:28 PM
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/tls63972vu2mj1e2lzjv.jpg

:lol This guy had cause many techs and suspensions too.

He makes up for it with his hilarious interviews

DMC
05-25-2015, 11:33 PM
I just can't get interested in the East playoffs.

sammy
05-25-2015, 11:44 PM
The only way they can win is by dirty plays and refs playing right into this shit and throwing Horford out! He tried to take his knee out, WTF! Dellavedova needs to suspended! There is no reason for that kind of dirty tactics!

Thunder Dan
05-26-2015, 07:07 AM
What about grabbing someone's leg with your legs?

I don't see how that could possibly hurt someone. In my opinion it's just being annoying, but not dirty. Harden kicked Lebron in the nuts this year but you don't see people calling him dirty. Delly is being ostracized for playing hard in today's NBA, everything you need to know about the state of the league right there

Thunder Dan
05-26-2015, 07:12 AM
If there is a fumble in football in the AFC championship and your team doesn't dive after the ball because as they say "they might hurt someone" would you be upset with your team or not?

Same question, if your guy dives after the loose ball and happens to roll up the other teams star QB, is that player diving the the loose ball dirty in your opinion?

Same question, if a WR in being drug down and falls into an opponent who is behind him is he trying to take someone's knees out?

DMC
05-26-2015, 08:20 AM
If there is a fumble in football in the AFC championship and your team doesn't dive after the ball because as they say "they might hurt someone" would you be upset with your team or not?

Same question, if your guy dives after the loose ball and happens to roll up the other teams star QB, is that player diving the the loose ball dirty in your opinion?

Same question, if a WR in being drug down and falls into an opponent who is behind him is he trying to take someone's knees out?

Lebron makes his teammates worse. He is a ball hog, holds onto the ball too long and guys just stand around and watch. It works against shitty teams, but not good ones. Thats why he can't win a ring, and the 2007 ECF was a fluke

RsxPiimp
05-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Can't hate on Delly tho. He's a nice complimentary piece on a championship team.

Some of the most hated white players are probably
Laettner, Billy Hoyle and Danny Ainge

JoeTait75
05-26-2015, 09:59 AM
I see some similarities between Dellavedova and Derek Fisher, tbh. Both were unheralded coming out of mid-major programs, both hang their hits on tenacious defense and the ability to hit the open three-pointer, both know their roles on talented teams and both play with a nasty edge that borders on dirty. They're built differently- Fisher was built like a brick shithouse- but both of them come at you the same way.

UZER
05-26-2015, 10:36 AM
I love hustle guys, but if it results in taking out guys knees, it's too much. Freak injuries can happen, sure.

Thunder Dan
05-26-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: DMC

At times I still agree with that when he plays ISO ball.

I root for the Cavs no matter who plays on them. I think it's funny how people knock Cavs fans for showing passion in their team/city after Lebron left and expect them to turn on the Cavs after they re-sign him this past summer. Don't you all want true fans that cheer/back the team no matter what? or would you rather us all become Heat fans for 4 years then jump back to the Cavs? Let's call it what it is, Lebron went on National TV that night and told everyone basically that Cleveland wasn't good enough for him. In a fit of rage fans burned his jersey because they were pissed off.

I guess you all would rather us take the Timberwolves approach and totally not give a shit about our team or the players that leave us

I hate Tom Brady, think he is a cheater, but if the Browns sign him I'm still rooting for the Browns and I'm pulling for Brady to do well so the Browns do well.

DMC
05-26-2015, 11:32 AM
RE: DMC

At times I still agree with that when he plays ISO ball.

I root for the Cavs no matter who plays on them. I think it's funny how people knock Cavs fans for showing passion in their team/city after Lebron left and expect them to turn on the Cavs after they re-sign him this past summer. Don't you all want true fans that cheer/back the team no matter what? or would you rather us all become Heat fans for 4 years then jump back to the Cavs? Let's call it what it is, Lebron went on National TV that night and told everyone basically that Cleveland wasn't good enough for him. In a fit of rage fans burned his jersey because they were pissed off.

I guess you all would rather us take the Timberwolves approach and totally not give a shit about our team or the players that leave us

I hate Tom Brady, think he is a cheater, but if the Browns sign him I'm still rooting for the Browns and I'm pulling for Brady to do well so the Browns do well.

hahahahahahaha. Lebron makes his teammates worse. Everyone saw it last night. The Heat looked like the old Cavs. Mike Brown will be a top coach in the NBA again. Lebron just holds onto the ball and his teammates stand around and watch.

Circa 2010 - 2011

the Cavs are gonna be decent this year. Just watch.

people will be asking whether Lebron has enough around him 10 years from now....dude is just not a winner. He cares more about off court activities than winning. He wants to have what Jordan built off the court without doing what Jordan did on the court. Lebron's team is fine this year, they are built around him playing at a high level, and he stopped doing that. He quit

since when is Antawn Jamison a role player?

Lebron is a loser. no matter where he goes, he can't handle championship expectations. This team was the best shot he got, and HE lost this series. He had all the help he needed and he shit down his leg. He can go to New York, or Chicago, wherever, he isn't Michael Jordan or Kobe. He is a better version of Dirk

I'm from Akron, we all hate Lebron. The only part of Akron that likes him are people in the ghetto who take his free bikes each summer. Anyone with a job thinks he is a piece of shit.

There is no rivalry between Akron and Cleveland. If you are from Akron, you are a part of Cleveland/NE Ohio

AKRON, Ohio -- LeBron James honored the students in his Wheels for Education program, while Northeast Ohioans celebrated the return of their king Friday night.

The rally at Akron's InfoCision Stadium began with children singing and ended with singer Skylar Grey playing piano.

Here's a recap from Northeast Ohio Media Group reporters Chris Fedor, John Harper and Jen Steer:

it's a big game, Lebron will do what he always does in big games: shit down his leg, then blame someone other than himself after

Basketball aside, I think it's cool that he is coming back to shut all the idiots up who talked shit about Ohio for all those years as the reason he left. I no longer live in Ohio but it's still home. It's cool to see one of the biggest athletes in the world, who could go anywhere, go to where he came from.

Fucking leg riding faggot. Go fuck off back to shitville.

TampaDude
05-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Laimbeer

I wouldn't really call Laimbeer a "pest". He was too big and physical to be a "pest", IMHO.

Thunder Dan
05-26-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm a Cavs fan, I've been a fan of every Cleveland team my whole life, I'm not going to swear off NBA basketball because Lebron plays on my team. TBH I'll never look at Lebron in the same light after 2010, but I'll always root for the Cavs. So if you got a problem with that then there is something wrong with you, not me. I'm what the NBA wants when they put a team in a location.

UZER
05-26-2015, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't really call Laimbeer a "pest". He was too big and physical to be a "pest", IMHO.

Was Rodman a pest?

DMX7
05-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Was Rodman a pest?

Rodman definitely was, lol.

TampaDude
05-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Rodman definitely was, lol.

Yeah, Rodman was a pest. Laimbeer was more of a goon.

Varejao is a pest for sure. He's a good rebounder and a flop master. :lol

DMC
05-26-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm a Cavs fan, I've been a fan of every Cleveland team my whole life, I'm not going to swear off NBA basketball because Lebron plays on my team. TBH I'll never look at Lebron in the same light after 2010, but I'll always root for the Cavs. So if you got a problem with that then there is something wrong with you, not me. I'm what the NBA wants when they put a team in a location.
Your quotes speak for themselves. Everyone here knows what you are.