PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: LeBrons Legacy

RD2191
05-24-2015, 08:46 PM
What will happen to LBJs legacy if he gets wrecked in the Finals? That will make him 2-4 in NBA Finals appearances. And I don't buy the "new" team excuse.

Mitch
05-24-2015, 08:48 PM
I think that'd make him 2-5.

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 08:50 PM
2 of 6

Kool Bob Love
05-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Better than Kobe.

Bynumite
05-24-2015, 08:51 PM
:cry But he got his stats and another finals appearance :cry

RD2191
05-24-2015, 08:52 PM
fuck niggas y'all know what I mean:lol got a cold. can't think straight

Silver&Black
05-24-2015, 08:53 PM
It would be 2-4

Wins: Thunder, Spurs
Losses: Spurs, Mavs, Spurs, maybe Warriors

ducks
05-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Help with refs tonight throughout Guy out

K...
05-24-2015, 09:15 PM
I actually think that playing in the east his entire career is going to severely diminish Lebron's Legacy.

think about it. You want to be considered an all time great but you pussy out into the weaker conference and choose your own teams? No other superstar did this. Sure Kobe and a few other whine their way onto a team, but they do that for $$$$ not to avoid competition.

If Lebron can't get Cleveland to the title this year or next then his ass needs to get behind Kobe, Dirk, KG in the rankings. Kobe is a chucker, HOF big man dependent, and he whined so much, but the dude never left to avoid losing. He sat through the post shaq depression. Lebron was so hyped, and so talented, but he is clearly shading towards making his life easy like a pussy millennial.

Fuck it. GOAT cant be a damn pussy beta.

HemisfairArena
05-24-2015, 09:17 PM
If he wins the Finals,,,he passes Kobrick but still behind Duncan.

ambchang
05-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Still top 10.

If he wins it all with this cast though, you'd have to put him in the same breadth as Duncan and magic.

Bynumite
05-24-2015, 09:19 PM
If he wins the Finals,,,he passes Kobrick but still behind Duncan.

Sorry buddy but if he wins his 3rd against this great Warriors team no one outside San Antonio will put Jim ahead of Lebeta :lol

baseline bum
05-24-2015, 09:20 PM
I actually think that playing in the east his entire career is going to severely diminish Lebron's Legacy.

think about it. You want to be considered an all time great but you pussy out into the weaker conference and choose your own teams? No other superstar did this. Sure Kobe and a few other whine their way onto a team, but they do that for $$$$ not to avoid competition.

If Lebron can't get Cleveland to the title this year or next then his ass needs to get behind Kobe, Dirk, KG in the rankings. Kobe is a chucker, HOF big man dependent, and he whined so much, but the dude never left to avoid losing. He sat through the post shaq depression. Lebron was so hyped, and so talented, but he is clearly shading towards making his life easy like a pussy millennial.

Fuck it. GOAT cant be a damn pussy beta.

You gotta be fucking kidding me. You think Kobe is leading the 09 Cavs to 66 wins? And don't give that Eastern conference shit, that was a huge down year in the West and Orlando and Boston were both better than any competition Kobe had in the West.

HemisfairArena
05-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Sorry buddy but if he wins his 3rd against this great Warriors team no one outside San Antonio will put Jim ahead of Lebeta :lol

Only Laker faggot thinks this,,,lmao

sook
05-24-2015, 09:23 PM
its a huge deal he even got them to the finals..

DAF86
05-24-2015, 09:25 PM
For those of us that are among the above average IQ population Lebron's legacy would grow 'cause we understand that losing in the NBA finals > Losing before and we realize that this Cleveland team has no bussiness being on the NBA finals.

Thread
05-24-2015, 09:47 PM
You guaranteed his shit in '13.

You've nobody to blame but yerselves.

Venti Quattro
05-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Better than Kobe.

Meow

midnightpulp
05-24-2015, 09:55 PM
You guaranteed his shit in '13.

You've nobody to blame but yerselves.

Look at ya. All pink and powdered up. Full of freshness and vigor.

Your Cavs about to scratch have done wonderful things for your temperament.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Only Laker faggot thinks this,,,lmao

I think Lebron is already ahead of Duncan. He's already in most peoples mythical 5.

Not me tho, Duncan should be ranked above Lebron IMO.

Spur-Addict
05-24-2015, 10:02 PM
I think Lebron is already ahead of Duncan. He's already in most peoples mythical 5.

Not me tho, Duncan should be ranked above Lebron IMO.

HUh?

RsxPiimp
05-24-2015, 10:05 PM
HUh?

I think Lebron is already ahead of Duncan in most peoples Top 5 mythical list...

I have Duncan ahead of Lebron in mine.

Spur-Addict
05-24-2015, 10:11 PM
I think Lebron is already ahead of Duncan in most peoples Top 5 mythical list...

I have Duncan ahead of Lebron in mine.

Gotcha

K...
05-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Based on the eye test, Lebron> KObe

Based on basketball skills Lebron >>>Kobe

But legacy? Kobe took big shots with one team. He won with stacked teams in two different basketball eras. You can pick that apart to an extent.

Lebron was put onto a historically poorly managed team and got them to the finals once. His competition then was decent. Then he went to a stacked team at around the time that Orlando and the Celtics declined. He goes 2-4 in the finals including getting thoroughly embarrassed by the spurs.

I don't know. I think the answer to Lebron's legacy is "what if Karl Malone won a title but wasn't any better, that is he was gifted a title once or twice"

Lebron was the image of a perfect nba player. On paper he is the Goat. But his mental shortcomings put him outside the top ten.

in a way, Lebron's legacy is built on the same as Tim Duncan. you can't point to sustained runs as the best team in the nba. But you can easily argue they were best player in the league for a roughly five year period. You can also appeal to the fundamentals. But Duncan is obv elite on defense and was a perfect teammate. Lebron is a perfect talent who will wreck your franchise with a "decision" if it suits him. That's not GOAT behavior at all.

It's like Lance Armstrong. Dude drugged it up. But the drugs don't peddle them damn peddles. Lance does. The drugs give you the extra 10% you need to get past other similar talents. Without drugs Lance is still a damn impressive athlete. (He also operated a huge fraud ring too and is an all time narcissistic asshole).

Lebron is not a druggie (alleged) but his eastern conf preference is a large asterisk. The finals record is a large asterisk.

Duncan had the "no repeats" asterick but his overall badass play .

So in sum, based on talent, Lebron is a top 5. But that talent gauge is a hypothetical. We saw in the real world how Lebron won and loss. Like Duncan, a lebron (prime) has never been in the lottery. Unlike Duncan and other stars he chose his teams and played in a watered down conf.

When you start ranking in the top 15 these things become important.

cjw
05-24-2015, 10:16 PM
He's already surpassed Kobe, regardless of whether he wins another ring. Put this type of supporting cast around Kobe and they'd struggle to make the playoffs.

(Yes, the East stinks)

Thread
05-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Look at ya. All pink and powdered up. Full of freshness and vigor.

Your Cavs about to scratch have done wonderful things for your temperament.

Ain't my Cavs.

Thread
He's already surpassed Kobe, regardless of whether he wins another ring.

That's just chickenshit.

Kool Bob Love
Meow

http://youtu.be/CTCYbooyTPQ

Kool Bob Love
05-24-2015, 10:36 PM
Ain't my Cavs.

You don't have a problem with them winning. Thier your cavs.

Thread
05-24-2015, 10:38 PM
You don't have a problem with them winning. Thier your cavs.

No. They're not my Cavs.

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 10:40 PM
The legacy of beating a one legged team in overtime :lmao

DMX7
05-24-2015, 10:43 PM
5 straight years in The Finals is impressive.

RD2191
05-24-2015, 10:43 PM
Lebron ain't top 10. That's all I'm saying. not if he loses in the finals AGAIN

Thread
05-24-2015, 10:44 PM
Lebron ain't top 10. That's all I'm saying. not if he loses in the finals AGAIN

They'll just hang it on Blatt.

Kool Bob Love
05-24-2015, 10:44 PM
No. They're not my Cavs.

You should have a problem with any team winning that aren't the lakers. Your cavs. Yours.

Thread
05-24-2015, 10:45 PM
You should have a problem with any team winning they aren't the lakers. Your cavs. Yours.

Say it again, motherfucker.

K...
05-24-2015, 10:46 PM
ok lets define legacy. Legacy in basketball should be:

1......Did you match your real world performance to your talent?

Lebron is an all time best talent but his real world performance based on championships is behind Kobe and barely better than other guys like Dirk and KG.

Lebron put up great stats in many games but nothing earth shattering. No on is going to retire the legacy of Wilt Chamberlain in favor of lebron. In a hypothetical world, Lebron should have the most value to any team over any other player. WE know this is false. For various reasons you'd pick at least five guys before lebron if starting a team.

It's complicated because he was drafted by a bad team and not coached well.

2 - Did you make your teammates better............For lebron it's yes, but not as much as other guys. He's not an all time top 15 teammate. He's insecure.

3 - did you change the game?..... Does lebron have a signature move? Yes he does, its bull charge the paint. It's effective. It's also totally vanilla. Lebron relied on athleticism for too long to be considered an all time great. He could have been both athletically superior and fundamentally sound, instead he's become more sound to offset his decline. Lebrons legacy here is simply be bigger and faster. That's not very useful.

Kool Bob Love
05-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Say it again, motherfucker.

You mad?

HemisfairArena
05-24-2015, 10:55 PM
LeBron,,,,

Thread
05-24-2015, 10:55 PM
You mad?

GD right. I told you that it ain't my team. If you can't respect my word on this point I'll go to the Reading Room.

RD2191
05-24-2015, 11:01 PM
K...is dropping truth nukes tbh

Malik Hairston
05-24-2015, 11:03 PM
He's pretty much a lock for the 2nd best player of all-time, but will fall behind DK due to circumstances..

Malik Hairston
05-24-2015, 11:03 PM

Lebron is an all time best talent but his real world performance based on championships is behind Kobe and barely better than other guys like Dirk and KG.

Lebron put up great stats in many games but nothing earth shattering. No on is going to retire the legacy of Wilt Chamberlain in favor of lebron. In a hypothetical world, Lebron should have the most value to any team over any other player. WE know this is false. For various reasons you'd pick at least five guys before lebron if starting a team.

2 - Did you make your teammates better............For lebron it's yes, but not as much as other guys. He's not an all time top 15 teammate. He's insecure.

3 - did you change the game?..... Does lebron have a signature move? Yes he does, its bull charge the paint. It's effective. It's also totally vanilla. Lebron relied on athleticism for too long to be considered an all time great. He could have been both athletically superior and fundamentally sound, instead he's become more sound to offset his decline. Lebrons legacy here is simply be bigger and faster. That's not very useful.

This is actually one of the worst posts I have ever read on ST, and that's saying something:lol..

HemisfairArena
05-24-2015, 11:04 PM
LeBron with scrubs,,,,The Finals,,,,Kobrick with scrubs,,,,,misses the playoffs.

RD2191
05-24-2015, 11:05 PM
He's pretty much a lock for the 2nd best player of all-time, but will fall behind DK due to circumstances..
No way in hell. Not after 4 Finals losses.

BatManu20
05-24-2015, 11:05 PM
He's going to lose the Finals because he's on the inferior team. His destiny is top 5 though, win or lose. If he brings a title to Cleveland eventually, he'll reach legendary level, tbh.

Thread
05-24-2015, 11:06 PM
LeBron with scrubs,,,,The Finals,,,,Kobrick with scrubs,,,,,misses the playoffs.

Now, NOW J.R. Smith wants to play basketball. Spread mayhem across the NBA landscape, but, now, NOW he's ready.

Christ.

Malik Hairston
No way in hell. Not after 4 Finals losses.

That's equivalent to saying Horry > Barkley, Malone, tbh..

Lebron's 2011 choke job will be the reason he can never rank ahead of DK, Finals record is irrelevant, did you want him to lose in the ECFs or semis so he could have a better Finals record?:lol..

Thread
His destiny is top 5 though, win or lose.

Jesus Christ...:rolleyes

HemisfairArena
05-24-2015, 11:08 PM
Now, NOW J.R. Smith wants to play basketball. Spread mayhem across the NBA landscape, but, now, NOW he's ready.

Christ.

Lamar Odom has to save Kobrick in a trade,,,,Lamar fuckin' Odom,,,,

RD2191
05-24-2015, 11:17 PM
He's going to lose the Finals because he's on the inferior team. His destiny is top 5 though, win or lose. If he brings a title to Cleveland eventually, he'll reach legendary level, tbh.
He lost 2 with bosh and wade. That's more talent than duncan ever had next to him. Inferior roster is a weak excuse. If you're good enough to make the finals and you have the best player in the world on your team you should win.

jeebus
05-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Kyrie can only carry him so far.

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 11:29 PM

Also his stats are inflated by the fact he played in the Least Conference.
Kobe won 3 with Shaq, but did Lebum won 2 rings all by himself? superfriend *cough* team *cough*
You dont see videos of all time greats flopping like he does its embarrassing.
Lebum is a product and thats why he gets a free pass every time he fails in the finals or do something stupid, dumb people brainwashed :lmao
Whats wrong is always wrong unless its Lebronce:worthy:

KaiRMD1
05-24-2015, 11:34 PM
For those Lebron fans, making it to the finals puts him among top 3

Mikeanaro
05-24-2015, 11:38 PM
He lost 2 with bosh and wade. That's more talent than duncan ever had next to him. Inferior roster is a weak excuse. If you're good enough to make the finals and you have the best player in the world on your team you should win.
Why the hell a team would play the finals if they are inferior? but if they win they are superior?:lmao
Like ´06?
They are already looking for excuses, what about Barry and Walton? are they legends that everyone´s grandad would tell kids a story about how great they were?

Sean Cagney
05-24-2015, 11:39 PM
its a huge deal he even got them to the finals..

If you look at the East I would say it's pretty easy to make the Finals IMO, but looking at the injuries and so on it's impressive to make the Finals with one guy out all post season and the other guy banged up and not playing. He is doing it alone right now pretty much with some role players, weak East or not that is HUGE. I didn't expect them to make the finals this year healthy, now all banged up they are going? Thats crazy.

Bulls dropped the ball on this one man, big time. If you can't pass Lebron with a banged up team this year you will never make it IMO, blew their shot and he will own them for years to come (Especially when his team gets better).
How hard is it to make the Finals out East the last few years though?

K...
05-24-2015, 11:41 PM
geez, what is lebron top 2 based on? Do you really think he's better than Duncan? A guy who played so many historically great playoff series?

LEbron on paper is clearly TOp 5 all time. But the dumb mistakes he's made add up. He won't be the last super athlete the nba sees. I don't see anything he did that makes him better than the other top ten all time greats. Even Kobe had better peak moments.

Lebron is literally the most vanilla superstar ever. Casual fans dream guy. Never did he maximize his talent.

Motivated healthy lebron is top 5 all time, but how often do we see that and not coasting lebron, diva lebron, etc?

You have to knock him down a few spots for quitting on Cleveland. Top 5 all time don't pull that shit. Playing GM? Top 10 guys don't pick their teams repeatedly. Winning one in Cleveland will be good, but it will merely bring him back to the minimum expected number of titles. Lebron needs five titles to join the top 5 club.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2015, 12:14 AM
Jesus, cliches, cliches, cliches..

DMC
05-25-2015, 12:16 AM
fuck niggas y'all know what I mean:lol got a cold. can't think straight
High water in the Rio Grande due to all the flooding.

DMC
05-25-2015, 12:17 AM
I don't think there's a "best player in the world" category in the season awards.

Alex's foreskin
06-12-2015, 07:29 AM
What will happen to LBJs legacy if he gets wrecked in the Finals? That will make him 2-4 in NBA Finals appearances. And I don't buy the "new" team excuse.

:lol

Killakobe81
06-12-2015, 07:36 AM
geez, what is lebron top 2 based on? Do you really think he's better than Duncan? A guy who played so many historically great playoff series?

LEbron on paper is clearly TOp 5 all time. But the dumb mistakes he's made add up. He won't be the last super athlete the nba sees. I don't see anything he did that makes him better than the other top ten all time greats. Even Kobe had better peak moments.

Lebron is literally the most vanilla superstar ever. Casual fans dream guy. Never did he maximize his talent.

Motivated healthy lebron is top 5 all time, but how often do we see that and not coasting lebron, diva lebron, etc?

You have to knock him down a few spots for quitting on Cleveland. Top 5 all time don't pull that shit. Playing GM? Top 10 guys don't pick their teams repeatedly. Winning one in Cleveland will be good, but it will merely bring him back to the minimum expected number of titles. Lebron needs five titles to join the top 5 club.

I dont know if I agree with all this but some good points. I still think a win elevates the man. A loss does nothing he stays at the same tier ...Though impressed with two wins he still needs to close this out to surpass Magic/Tim etc. and dont give me rings is a team accomplishment the very best win them. Great news for him he still has time left barring injury. Even if they end up losing this one ...

Alex's foreskin
06-12-2015, 07:37 AM
I dont know if I agree with all this but some good points. I still think a win elevates the man. A loss does nothing he stays at the same tier ...Though impressed with two wins he still needs to close this out to surpass Magic/Tim etc. and dont give me rings is a team accomplishment the very best win them. Great news for him he still has time left barring injury. Even if they end up losing this one ...

He is on the decline.