PDA

View Full Version : Even KSAT is protecting Parker...SMDH

apalisoc_9
05-24-2015, 09:12 PM
They haven't released the season grading that we all graded.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2015/05/08/grade-the-spurs-players.html

I voted Tony F 5 times.....two weeks ago and I'm sure he's grade is either an F or a D...

ducks
05-24-2015, 09:30 PM
They haven't released the season grading that we all graded.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2015/05/08/grade-the-spurs-players.html

I voted Tony F 5 times.....two weeks ago and I'm sure he's grade is either an F or a D...
You were sure Leonard would go for 38 also and would not post if he did not

TXstbobcat
05-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Good God is this war between Parker fans and Leonard fans going to continue on into next season??????

apalisoc_9
05-24-2015, 09:55 PM
no such thing as Leonard fans..

Just Porker fans and Spurs fans.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2015, 09:59 PM
lol applesauce owned by ducks

K...
05-24-2015, 10:17 PM
LOL so millennial to think your craft fetishes are reflected in the real world. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Normal people, casual fans, emotionally balanced people, all see Parker as a historically great player who is now old and inconsistent. This literally happens to everyone! It's not a story nor is it something to bitch about.

FkLA
05-24-2015, 10:20 PM
LOL so millennial to think your craft fetishes are reflected in the real world. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Normal people, casual fans, emotionally balanced people, all see Parker as a historically great player who is now old and inconsistent. This literally happens to everyone! It's not a story nor is it something to bitch about.

lol no you retard, TD is a historically great player. So are LeBron and Dirk and KG. Shaq too. Porker is one of many one-dimensional, scoring PGs.

apalisoc_9
05-24-2015, 10:21 PM
lol no you retard, TD is a historically great player. So is LeBron. Shaq too. Porker is one of many one-dimensional, scoring PGs.

Porker fans.

:lol

Kawhi at the age of 23 has more individual hardware than Parker...

Dpoy and FMVP>>>>>>

ChumpDumper
05-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Vanilla thread.

Johnny RIngo
05-24-2015, 11:24 PM
:lol at Parker being a historically great player.

houston spurs fan
05-24-2015, 11:36 PM
no such thing as Leonard fans..

Just Porker fans and Spurs fans.
Ernesto sucks.

houston spurs fan
05-24-2015, 11:38 PM
Porker fans.

Dpoy and FMVP>>>>>>
Pot calling the kettle. I am sorry you are obese. Pm me for some diabetes info.

K...
05-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Ok historically great is kind of too much. Historically great franchise player definitely, the kind of thing a casual fan likes. I mean god damn we retired Avery's jersey.......

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 12:25 AM
Porker fans.

Dpoy and FMVP>>>>>>
1 ring, 0 All-Star, 0 All-NBA, lol.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-25-2015, 02:54 AM

:lmao

z0sa
05-25-2015, 06:02 AM

Ducks

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2015, 07:43 AM
1 ring, 0 All-Star, 0 All-NBA, lol.

According to your bullshit criteria, Kobe>Duncan. Always knew you Enrique fans were all secretly Kobe fanboys.

Parker fans are more comparable to Kobe fans actually.

-Both groups idolize chuckers that were MJ fanboys growing up.
-Both groups use ring count and absolute numbers to justify a player's greatness because the actual stats come short. Impact stats are also frowned upon. All-Star selections are considered high honors.
-Using past accomplishments to justify the overpaid contracts of both players
-Both fanbases scapegoat the poor performances with phantom injuries, ailments and other excuses.
-Both groups want to stop any and all criticism of their favorite player. Lakersground bans users for anti-Kobe discussions. Spurstalk is less extreme but just as pathetic(posting long cats to derail threads for example)
-Both groups constantly deflect blame onto the superior teammates. Kobe fans would actively blame Pau for losses. Parker fans would deflect criticism onto Manu in the past. Now they blame Kawhi.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 08:34 AM
According to your bullshit criteria, Kobe>Duncan. Always knew you Enrique fans were all secretly Kobe fanboys.
Oh is that what I said? I was just responding to the blatant lie that Kawhi has more hardware than Parker. He has 3 less trophies and 10 less All-Star/All-NBA selections. I'm posting facts, you're trying to make all these assumptions.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 08:37 AM
"Historically Great Player" :lol Put down the drogas

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 08:42 AM
"Historically Great Player" :lol Put down the drogas
All-Time leading playoff scoring PG by age 31. One of 2 players to ever beat and outplay Lebron in a Finals. Winningest player ever through 1,000 games.

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2015, 09:00 AM
Oh is that what I said? I was just responding to the blatant lie that Kawhi has more hardware than Parker. He has 3 less trophies and 10 less All-Star/All-NBA selections. I'm posting facts, you're trying to make all these assumptions.

Like I said, according to your retarded criteria, Kobe is better than Duncan. Same amount of rings, same amount of all-nba selections, more all-star placements. Nice job making the best player this franchise has ever seen look worse than Kobe.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 09:02 AM
All-Time leading playoff scoring PG by age 31. One of 2 players to ever beat and outplay Lebron in a Finals. Winningest player ever through 1,000 games.

Outplay Lebron? Drogas.

Winningest player? He can thank Tim Duncan for his regular season, and post season winning percentages. Put down the drogas.

All time leading playoff scoring PG? It's nice playing off Tim Duncan isn't it? Get those nice cushy one on one matchup with stellar defensive opposition with the likes of Boobie Gibson, and Steve Nash.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 09:04 AM
His very development is put in to question if he never lands on a roster with a player like Duncan. Just stop

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Disappears for 40% of the Finals against the Heat... Gets a FMVP

Worst FMVP of all time??

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Outplay Lebron? Drogas.

Winningest player? He can thank Tim Duncan for his regular season, and post season winning percentages. Put down the drogas.

All time leading playoff scoring PG? It's nice playing off Tim Duncan isn't it? Get those nice cushy one on one matchup with stellar defensive opposition with the likes of Boobie Gibson, and Steve Nash.
2007 NBA Finals:

Tony Parker: 24.5 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 3.3 APG, 3.0 TOV on 57% shooting (60 TS%), FMVP (sweep)
Lebron James: 22.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.8 APG, 5.8 TOV on 37% shooting (43 TS%)

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Outplay Lebron? Drogas.

"He can thank Tim Duncan for having a better winning percentage than Tim Duncan." Lol.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Outplay Lebron? Drogas.

Oh that's right...so Duncan was making all those shots for Parker. Oh wait, maybe he was assisting on all those Parker buckets...oh, that's right...it was the other way around.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Outplay Lebron? Drogas.

And Gary Payton and Jason Kidd and Mike Conley and Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook and Lebron James.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 09:29 AM
"He can thank Tim Duncan for having a better winning percentage than Tim Duncan." Lol.

Retard response. Duncan was in the league several years prior. And obviously Duncan is one of the greatest to have ever played. If Parker played with Rony Seikaly most of his career his winning percentage would be shit.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 09:34 AM
2007 NBA Finals:

Tony Parker: 24.5 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 3.3 APG, 3.0 TOV on 57% shooting (60 TS%), FMVP (sweep)

Exactly. LBJ supporting cast as follows: Drew Gooden/Daniel Gibson/Sasha Pavolic/An-old-ass-beat-up-worn-down Big Z/Eric Snow/Scot Pollard/Damon Jones/Shannon Brown/Larry Hughes etc etc. It's a miracle Cleveland even got to the finals.

As opposed to playing with Duncan/Gino/Bowen/Robert Horry.

It must be nice using statistics in a vacuum.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 09:36 AM
Are you even a real person? Or is this a troll of some sort. Because you can't be a real person. Nobody is this stupid.

DarrinS
05-25-2015, 09:40 AM
2007 NBA Finals:

I don't think anyone denies that 2007 was Tony's year. He did not need to be bailed out by a Claxton or Kerr.

TheGreatYacht
05-25-2015, 09:42 AM
SASDynasty living rent-free, tbqh

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Exactly. LBJ supporting cast as follows: Drew Gooden/Daniel Gibson/Sasha Pavolic/An-old-ass-beat-up-worn-down Big Z/Eric Snow/Scot Pollard/Damon Jones/Shannon Brown/Larry Hughes etc etc. It's a miracle Cleveland even got to the finals.

As opposed to playing with Duncan/Gino/Bowen/Robert Horry.

It must be nice using statistics in a vacuum.
Ok so you're not denying that Parker and Dirk are the only 2 players to ever beat and outplay Lebron in a Finals. Your only argument is that Parker had guys on his team that (although they didn't play as good as Parker himself) were better than the Cleveland supporting cast. Totally agree.

therealtruth
05-25-2015, 10:33 AM
TP played great in '07 Finals but he also didn't have good defense playing against him. He was defended by a hobbled Larry Hughes and Boobie Gibson.

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Ok so you're not denying that Parker and Dirk are the only 2 players to ever beat and outplay Lebron in a Finals. Your only argument is that Parker had guys on his team that (although they didn't play as good as Parker himself) were better than the Cleveland supporting cast. Totally agree.

Jason Terry outplayed Lebron in the 2011 Finals too if we're going by your comical raw numbers method of comparison. What an achievement for Tony :lol

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 10:37 AM
I don't think anyone denies that 2007 was Tony's year. He did not need to be bailed out by a Claxton or Kerr.
2003 NBA Playoffs:
Tony Parker: 14.7 PPG, 3.5 APG, 2.8 RPG
Steve Kerr: 2.2 PPG, 0.6 APG, 0.3 RPG
Speedy Claxton: 5.2 PPG, 1.9 APG, 1.9 RPG

So just so we're clear, Tony Parker getting "bailed out" means role players making a few timely shots (which everyone whose ever had a championship run has experienced). From a production standpoint, if you combined Kerr and Claxton's production for the playoffs, it comes up at about half of Tony's. I just want to make sure that you're using the argument that Tony was bailed out by a guy who averaged 2.2 PPG through the playoffs. Just wanted to make sure.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 10:46 AM

You're not understanding what I'm saying to you. LBJ put up all of those statistics despite being the focal point of the defense. Whereas Parker was not. And if you actually watched that series, you would've seen that they were not going to allow Duncan to kill them. LBJ had no relief, so in that sense, no, Parker did not out play LBJ. And the only area he really put up better raw numbers is shooting percentage. But that's easily explained away by what was previously said. And Johnny RIngo finished the last part of the argument LOL.

You must really loooove some Tony Parker to distort reality like this :lol

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 10:50 AM
You're not understanding what I'm saying to you. LBJ put up all of those statistics despite being the focal point of the defense. Whereas Parker was not. And if you actually watched that series, you would've seen that they were not going to allow Duncan to kill them. LBJ had no relief, so in that sense, no, Parker did not out play LBJ. And the only area he really put up better raw numbers is shooting percentage. But that's easily explained away by what was previously said. And Johnny RIngo finished the last part of the argument LOL.

Lol, I'm not arguing that there weren't excuses you could as to WHY Tony outplayed Lebron. I'm just stating the fact that he did and no other Spur ever has. I'm sure Duncan could have exploited his matchup with big Z, but he didn't like Tony did. I'm sure Ginobili could have exploited his matchup with old-ass Ray Allen in 2013, but he didn't. Every team has chances at exploiting matchups, it just doesn't always happen.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 10:54 AM
You're beyond help. Slurp away :lol

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 10:56 AM
You're beyond help. Slurp away :lol
Another convincing argument. 8 posts on this thread, 0 stats. Per par.

K...
05-25-2015, 10:58 AM

so your ending point if that LBJ and TD are better than Parker? But parker is still a historically good point guard? Cool we agree.

What i think people fail to appreciate about parker, is that it's not just stats. He influenced point guard play for the current nba. Guys like westrbook and kyrie are parker descendants. Parker didn't invent the teardrop or the runner, but he made it relevant to the modern game.

That's why he's historically great. He also was a leading euro player, again not the first but very important none the less.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 11:00 AM
so your ending point if that LBJ and TD are better than Parker? But parker is still a historically good point guard? Cool we agree.

What i think people fail to appreciate about parker, is that it's not just stats. He influenced point guard play for the current nba. Guys like westrbook and kyrie are parker descendants. Parker didn't invent the teardrop or the runner, but he made it relevant to the modern game.

That's why he's historically great. He also was a leading euro player, again not the first but very important none the less.
These guys' agenda is so bad, they won't even listen to numbers. I can't imagine trying to help these guys understand Parker's intangibles.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Another convincing argument. 8 posts on this thread, 0 stats. Per par.

If you think scoring slightly better, and on a better shooting percentage because of being surrounded with an all time great player, and better team overall despite being out played in every other statistical category is out playing LBJ, despite the severely worse conditions he played under, than you're delusional.

And "K", I never called him a historically great PG. And scoring PGs existed way before Parker, I don't know what the hell you're talking about :lol

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 11:17 AM
If you think scoring slightly better, and on a better shooting percentage because of being surrounded with an all time great player, and better team overall despite being out played in every other statistical category is out playing LBJ, despite the severely worse conditions he played under, than you're delusional.

And "K", I never called him a historically great PG. And scoring PGs existed way before Parker, I don't know what the hell you're talking about :lol
21% better. TWENTY ONE PERCENT. He not only outscored Lebron frieking James, but he did it shooting TWENTY ONE PERCENT better from the field in the NBA Finals. How many other Spurs have EVER outscored Lebron in the playoffs? ZERO. How many Spurs have ever shot 21% better from the field than Lebron. ZERO.

Spur-Addict
05-25-2015, 11:26 AM
21% better. TWENTY ONE PERCENT. He not only outscored Lebron frieking James, but he did it shooting TWENTY ONE PERCENT better from the field in the NBA Finals. How many other Spurs have EVER outscored Lebron in the playoffs? ZERO. How many Spurs have ever shot 21% better from the field than Lebron. ZERO.

Yeah, being smothered by a historically great defender, and being funneled to another historically great defender, and being doubled at times :lol. Yet out playing Parker in every other statistical category, every, every other statistical category. One category does not a entire game make. Anyways, I'm done with you. Declare victory or whatever lunacy that you'll state after I stop responding.

ElNono
05-25-2015, 11:32 AM
2007 against Boobie Gibson... one of those rare playoffs runs Tony wasn't hurt... good memories...

What's Gibson doing these days, tbh? Is he still in the league?

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Yeah, being smothered by a historically great defender, and being funneled to another historically great defender, and being doubled at times :lol. Yet out playing Parker in every other statistical category, every, every other statistical category. One category does not a entire game make. Anyways, I'm done with you. Declare victory or whatever lunacy that you'll state after I stop responding.
You're the lunatic trying to invalidate Parker's FMVP against one of the top 10 players of all-time.

SASdynasty!
05-25-2015, 11:35 AM
2007 against Boobie Gibson... one of those rare playoffs runs Tony wasn't hurt... good memories...

Ask Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups (the guys who couldn't get past him and Hughes that year).

ElNono
05-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Ask Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups (the guys who couldn't get past him and Hughes that year).

That makes no sense. Why would they know what he's doing now?

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2015, 11:42 AM

2011 Finals:

18.0 ppg on .605 TS - Jason Terry
17.8 ppg on .541 TS - Lebron

Outplaying Lebron in a Finals series - What an incredible accomplishment. Parker sure is in elite company alongside such all-time greats like the Jet :lol

NASpurs
05-25-2015, 11:42 AM

Last time I saw him, he was flipping burgers at the Whataburger that Parker frequently visits.

ElNono
05-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Some people will claim 2007 wasn't as sweet because we had an easy road and was the only championship in the Big 3 era where we didn't have to dethrone the defending champs, but I disagree. I don't think it's fair to rank championships like that, especially since we know how hard it is to win it all.

Malik Hairston
05-25-2015, 03:00 PM
2011 Finals:

18.0 ppg on .605 TS - Jason Terry
17.8 ppg on .541 TS - Lebron

Outplaying Lebron in a Finals series - What an incredible accomplishment. Parker sure is in elite company alongside such all-time greats like the Jet :lol

K...
05-25-2015, 03:02 PM
He's historically great in that he's going to be remembered far longer than other guys. So many highlights. He's definitely HOF level. You can't argue these things. You can't argue there more than 5 -10 pg who have had better careers. Oh he had a HOF big man..? Ok, well thems the breaks. Parker was also relatively injury free.

For the 28th pck you cant ever point me to a better player. For the era he played in you can't name more than five pg better. He's a minor HOF PG. Deal with it.