PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Lebrons Legacy: a Poll

K...
05-25-2015, 11:27 AM
So lately i've been hearing some nonsense about Lebron being a Number 2 all time player. That was probably trolling. I thought after being outplayed by Kawhi Lebron was definitely out of the running for all time great. I have him firmly on the second tier of guys with no ring and one ring. But lets see, what the consensus is...

Option one: already in top 10...no futher champs or mvp awards needed

option two: needs a cavs title

option 3: permanent choker, his history of .500 finals wins, choosing to play of stacked teams, antics etc show he lacked the superlatives to match the lesser all time greats and despite the obv talent he won't ever be in top 10 discussion.

AlexJones
05-25-2015, 11:28 AM
OP die

Clipper Nation
05-25-2015, 11:30 AM
option 3: permanent choker, his history of .500 finals wins, choosing to play of stacked teams, antics etc show he lacked the superlatives to match the lesser all time greats and despite the obv talent he won't ever be in top 10 discussion.
I thought this thread was about LeBron, not Porker.

DMC
05-25-2015, 11:44 AM
So lately i've been hearing some nonsense about Lebron being a Number 2 all time player. That was probably trolling. I thought after being outplayed by Kawhi Lebron was definitely out of the running for all time great. I have him firmly on the second tier of guys with no ring and one ring. But lets see, what the consensus is...

Option one: already in top 10...no futher champs or mvp awards needed

option two: needs a cavs title

Haven't you learned by now, Special K, that no one gives a fuck what you think?

KaiRMD1
05-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Lebron also got outplayed by Shawn Marion but he's already an all time great,matter how many times he loses in the finals or gets outplayed or loses hair

K...
05-25-2015, 12:29 PM
So one more thing ive already said:

Lebron's special ability is dominant athleticism. It's not skill. He's a good shooter, a decent post guy, a matchup nightmare but hes' not a student of the sport in teh same way Duncan is.

I think that's important, because I think we'll definitely see a more athletic psychical player eventually.

If you think Lebron is an all time great, tell me why....Is it raw stats? Is the ability to take over games? He's a great player to be sure, but id don't see a case for all time great. Somebody make that case. He's been the best player in the league for longer than a guy like Shaq. But shaq is so obv dominating at this.
position.

With Lebron, there were rings, but also tons of excuses for years he did not win.

I just think, compared to someone like Dirk, whats the difference? one ring? Preference for style of play? I saw Dirk in dozens of playoff battles where he rose his game up. I saw Lebron repeatedly play against second rate talent. He's not a pg. You aren't supposed to be able to shut lebron down.He's fast and large, why can't he better leverage that into success? Why can he only win on stacked teams?

What are Lebrons signature wins? How to they compare to a guy like Nash? There are a lot of elite players in the nba. Most are overachievers. I just find it strange that a guy who underperformed and took it easy would be so casually declared to be the GOAT. I mean, Lebron fans are totally vanilla. You don't have to hate him, just be honest about what he has done vs what others have. It's not anything great.

I feel, we've seen lebron already. He's a mix of jordan and pippen. He's never been a liability, but he's also been immature and interfered with the FO in harmful ways. If he had the mindset of Kobe he'd be unstoppable. If he had the dedication tot eh game that Tim has he'd be easily GOAT. But he's lebron. A nice guy who plays basketball and won the games we expected him to, nothing more. An that there is the most damning thing.

K...
05-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I mean the difference between Lebron and Malone might be Bosh>ostertag and the luxury of not facing Jordan.