PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: How come very few people remember the real conspiracy with Lakers V Kings 2002?

Thebesteva
05-25-2015, 11:26 PM
I know this is only a thread that would work in a forum like LG or Lakersnation, but I wanna know your guys opinion.

I was watching a few of the "documentaries" on YouTube about the Lakers V Kings game 6 and I gotta admit, that game was classic ref job shit that I've seen in the NBA regularly for a lot of teams.

During the comments section, I saw a lot of stuff about "We're the true champions of 2002" etc etc or how can Laker fans accept that as a real championship yada yada. But no one remembers the real conspiracy that took place in that series.

During game 1 when the Lakers and Kings were 100% healthy, the Lakers completely skull fucked the Kings over. It looked like another easy series. However, Kobe was food poisoned intentionally by some sort of super bug that pretty much fucked him up for that entire series. Kobe didn't look like himself after game 1 until the finals started. It almost felt like the league wanted to even out the BS that the Kings did to Kobe by giving us that game and let game 7 be fairly officiated in which the Kings totally shit the bed in that game by missing free throws.

I'll never forget, Jay Leno had the entire Kings starters on his show a week after they lost and they talked about game 6 and how it was poorly officiated. Then Jay said he thought the entire series was weird and found a picture of the chef who made Kobe's meal to poison him and it was a photoshopped picture of Vlade Divac cooking in a kitchen.

Anyhow, I suppose if the Kings win that series, we never talk about game 6 and forever us Laker fans would make a documentary on YouTube about how Kobe was food poisoned and the championship was taken from us.

BatManu20
05-25-2015, 11:28 PM
Webber isn't allowed to mention it on air, IIRC. He's the only King from that squad who's in the public eye anymore.

DMC
05-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Irrelevant team fan goes back 13 years to find talking point, more on this and more at 11.

AlexJones
05-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Irrelevant team fan goes back 13 years to find talking point, more on this and more at 11.

:lol

Thebesteva
05-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Webber isn't allowed to mention it on air, IIRC. He's the only King from that squad who's in the public eye anymore.

Why isnt he allowed to mention it? What happened?

Clipper Nation
05-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Let me guess, Kirby had "food poisoning" from the 2004 Finals up until the MVPau trade too? :lol

Caltex2
05-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Get out of here with that. No one is gonna buy a conspiracy theory against the Lakers.

whitemamba
05-25-2015, 11:44 PM
OP - no one is going to give a respectable take on this because their salty minds have already been made up...

HI-FI
05-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Lakerfans are pathetic. Just enjoy your gifts from the Jews, don't make excuses for it.

Kool Bob Love
05-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Who the fuck is Jay Leno?

Trainwreck2100
05-25-2015, 11:53 PM

isn't he also in the King's ownership group?

Caltex2
05-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Who the fuck is Jay Leno?

He's the best late night talk show host...on NBC in the early slot from 1991-2009 and 2010-13. [Funky guitar tune and Kevin Eubanks' fake overlaugh in the background]

Ah, uh, eh well [flails hand forward as if to say forget about it].

midnightpulp
05-26-2015, 12:14 AM
I know this is only a thread that would work in a forum like LG or Lakersnation, but I wanna know your guys opinion.

I was watching a few of the "documentaries" on YouTube about the Lakers V Kings game 6 and I gotta admit, that game was classic ref job shit that I've seen in the NBA regularly for a lot of teams.

During the comments section, I saw a lot of stuff about "We're the true champions of 2002" etc etc or how can Laker fans accept that as a real championship yada yada. But no one remembers the real conspiracy that took place in that series.

During game 1 when the Lakers and Kings were 100% healthy, the Lakers completely skull fucked the Kings over. It looked like another easy series. However, Kobe was food poisoned intentionally by some sort of super bug that pretty much fucked him up for that entire series. Kobe didn't look like himself after game 1 until the finals started. It almost felt like the league wanted to even out the BS that the Kings did to Kobe by giving us that game and let game 7 be fairly officiated in which the Kings totally shit the bed in that game by missing free throws.

I'll never forget, Jay Leno had the entire Kings starters on his show a week after they lost and they talked about game 6 and how it was poorly officiated. Then Jay said he thought the entire series was weird and found a picture of the chef who made Kobe's meal to poison him and it was a photoshopped picture of Vlade Divac cooking in a kitchen.

Anyhow, I suppose if the Kings win that series, we never talk about game 6 and forever us Laker fans would make a documentary on YouTube about how Kobe was food poisoned and the championship was taken from us.

The Kings were never 100% healthy for that series. Peja was taken out in the WCSF and only played 3 games in the series, averaging a horrid 6 points on 30% shooting. He was a 21ppg scorer for them during the regular season. Adelman should've never rushed him back. As much as the Kings choked away the series, forcing a 25% Peja back into the lineup did more harm than good and seemed to throw the Kings out of rhythm.

That said, I don't really buy into the conspiracy theory. Like I've said many times, the Kings did themselves in. Missed 80 FTs in Game 7 and blew a 20 point lead in Game 4.

If they had a healthy Peja, they likely steamroll the Lakers in 5. But, alas, injuries are a part of the game.

Thebesteva
05-26-2015, 03:29 AM
OP - no one is going to give a respectable take on this because their salty minds have already been made up...

True that, a lot of salty fuckers here. Being on this forum is kind of like being on a rape forum when our team did most the raping.

The Kings were never 100% healthy for that series. Peja was taken out in the WCSF and only played 3 games in the series, averaging a horrid 6 points on 30% shooting. He was a 21ppg scorer for them during the regular season. Adelman should've never rushed him back. As much as the Kings choked away the series, forcing a 25% Peja back into the lineup did more harm than good and seemed to throw the Kings out of rhythm.

That said, I don't really buy into the conspiracy theory. Like I've said many times, the Kings did themselves in. Missed 80 FTs in Game 7 and blew a 20 point lead in Game 4.

If they had a healthy Peja, they likely steamroll the Lakers in 5. But, alas, injuries are a part of the game.

You're probably right, I gotta be honest with you though, I rewatched the second half of that game and as obvious as the rigging was it wasn't any more obvious than Lakers V Celtics game 2 2008, or any Lebron series I've ever seen.

I watch the NFL and have never once cried rigging, I always crack up at the guys at the gym who think boxing matches are still rigged, I laughed even harder when people said Anderson Silva purposely got knocked out against Weidman in their first fight. But I will always believe the NBA has an obvious agenda to get a particular star to the finals, sometimes that has gone for us but it has also gone against us as well ie not letting a rapist win in 2004.

I suppose its why Spurs fans hate us so much, they've always had to win it the 'hard way' in their minds even though that Steve Nash v Horry situation was pretty fucking retarded.

Thebesteva
05-26-2015, 03:31 AM
Get out of here with that. No one is gonna buy a conspiracy theory against the Lakers.

I wasn't saying the NBA poisoned Kobe or some retarded shit like that. I'm saying some obsessed fan fucked Kobe's food

Johnsyounger
05-26-2015, 04:33 AM
I watched that series as it unfolded. 1st time I realized NBA was truly rigged....

spursparker9
05-26-2015, 05:45 AM
2012 WCF OKC vs Spurs game 6.

That was fucking rigged too

Thread
05-26-2015, 08:09 AM

There were numerous stories of this "sabotage" prior to Kobe suffering it. Why the Hell would he, why would any player involved in playoff basketball take that risk. I'd eat nothing that wasn't sealed, or, guaranteed secure. It'd be like turning your back on your drink sitting on the bar for 60 seconds,,,then being foolish enough to drain it. No fuckin' way.

TampaDude
05-26-2015, 11:07 AM
2012 WCF OKC vs Spurs game 6.

That was fucking rigged too

Fuck yeah it was. Horrid officiating, to say the least. That's why I was rooting hard for Miami in the Finals that year. LeBron and company fucked the Blunder hard. It was awesome! :hat