PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Robert Horry on whether or not Kobe made him a better player

MultiTroll
05-26-2015, 09:39 AM
https://youtu.be/GRLJQ94AWj8

:lol

Splits
05-26-2015, 09:56 AM
water wet
sky blue
these are things we know

still... :lmao

lefty
05-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Koolaid_Man

TampaDude
05-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Horry 7

TOSB Kirby 5

Boil that shit down... :lol

hitmanyr2k
05-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Well it was a dumb question :lol I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to make Horry "better" besides driving and kicking and getting him open shots and hoping he'd make them. That's all he was good for really. The guy was a slacker that never once tried to improve his game. He never wanted the pressures of being a star in the league. He leeched off HOF big men, coasted through regular seasons, hit a big three every now and then in the playoffs to justify his existence and that's a wrap. I was on Clutchfans many moons ago and got banned because those simpletons were claiming that dude should be a HOF'er because of his ring count :lol

TampaDude
05-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Well it was a dumb question :lol I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to make Horry "better" besides driving and kicking and getting him open shots and hoping he'd make them. That's all he was good for really. The guy was a slacker that never once tried to improve his game. He never wanted the pressures of being a star in the league. He leeched off HOF big men, coasted through regular seasons, hit a big three every now and then in the playoffs to justify his existence and that's a wrap. I was on Clutchfans many moons ago and got banned because those simpletons were claiming that dude should be a HOF'er because of his ring count :lol

The Spurs don't ring in 2005 without Horry. Fact.

Medvedenko
05-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Hitman has it right, however the Lakers needed Big Shot Rob...

hitmanyr2k
05-26-2015, 11:35 AM
The Spurs don't ring in 2005 without Horry. Fact.

Possibly, and the Lakers probably don't either in 2002 without his shot in Game 4 against the Kings but the fact is the guy had no work ethic. To me the HOF should be for guys who actually tried to be the best...players who worked on their games during the summer and actually got better as their careers progressed and were one of the best in the league for a consistent period of time. Horry actually did the exact opposite. He got worse in his prime :lol I have no idea what he was doing during the summers while all the rest of the stars and would-be stars were putting in the work. And it's not like he didn't have the physical tools to be at least all-star status. He never got near borderline all-star status. I don't see how you reward him with the HOF for that.

TampaDude
05-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Possibly, and the Lakers probably don't either in 2002 without his shot in Game 4 against the Kings but the fact is the guy had no work ethic. To me the HOF should be for guys who actually tried to be the best...players who worked on their games during the summer and actually got better as their careers progressed and were one of the best in the league for a consistent period of time. Horry actually did the exact opposite. He got worse in his prime :lol I have no idea what he was doing during the summers while all the rest of the stars and would-be stars were putting in the work. And it's not like he didn't have the physical tools to be at least all-star status. He never got near borderline all-star status. I don't see how you reward him with the HOF for that.

I heard a lot of the same stuff said about Sheed as well. He could've been one of the all-time greats, but he was supposedly lazy and liked the weed.

whitemamba
05-26-2015, 11:41 AM
:tu

Buddy Mignon
05-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Horry was an overrated role player. He never lived up to his full potential and was fortunate to play with three of the top ten best players of all time... Kobe, Hakeem and Shaq.

TampaDude
05-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Horry was an overrated role player. He never lived up to his full potential and was fortunate to play with three of the top ten best players of all time... Kobe, Hakeem and Shaq.

Don't forget Duncan, dude. 2005 RING a bell? :lol

Pelicans78
05-26-2015, 11:52 AM
I loved Horry coming out of Alabama in 1992. Same draft as Shaq, Zo, Laettner, etc. He was a lottery pick while his college teammate Spree was at the end of the first round and Spree ended up being much better. Horry was really athletic, long, and could shoot coming out of college. Yet, never really improved.

DMC
05-26-2015, 12:03 PM
You don't ask a pro if another pro made him better, not a younger one most certainly. You could ask him if coach Pop made him a better player, or playing on different teams made him a better player, but not if a younger player mentored him, that's disrespectful and I'd think even you ignorant faggots would know that already.

Thread
05-26-2015, 12:20 PM
He's a man's manPERIOD

Koolaid_Man
05-26-2015, 12:30 PM
He's a man's manPERIOD

Horry is an old jealous coon figure nowadays....but I will always love him for throwing that fucking towel in Danny Ainges face when Ainge was his coach...that shit right there gave me the balls to be who I wanted to be...it was possibly the greatest thing I'd ever saw on camera (non sex)..

There he was coming back to the bench...already with a disdain for Ainge in his heart..wiping his sweat off with a dirty towel....walks right up to Ainge looks him in the eye and throws his towel right in his face like an open handed bitch slap...Ainge looks to the floor in embarassment and disgust....

The very next day Horry was on a plane to LA to play with ShaKobe....:lmao

Koolaid_Man
05-26-2015, 12:31 PM
i wish like hell I could find the youtube of that event....

Koolaid_Man
05-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Koolaid_Man (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19058)

Now you may fellate me lefty

ambchang
05-26-2015, 01:59 PM

No one in their right minds will EVER put Horry in the HoF. You can't really take the word of a few clutch fans (possibly one of the least knowledgeable basketball fans around) and take their word for it. You can roam into Lakerground and find a a whole bunch of idiots who still think Kobe > Duncan, or Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, but that doesn't mean that he is being viewed that way.

Horry was a solid role player who coast through the regular season and come up with huge shots in the playoffs. That's what he did, and that's his legacy. He is unique in that sense, because I couldn't really find another player quite like him. Gar Heard had a huge shots, but not multiple, and definitely not 7 titles. Sam Jones and a bunch of Celts had a number of titles, but none really came up with big shots quite like Rob. Mario Ellie was probably the closest, but not to the magnitude of Rob.

I agree with you though, Horry should have at least been an allstar. He was the first of the stretch fours, got great handles, can shoot, high bball IQ, can rebound and defend, can pass, and a fantastic combination of length, strength and quickness. He was above average in everything, and even great on D, but wasn't dominant in anything. He could have at least been a Detleft Schrempt or a a Derrick McKey type of player, but I don't think he even accomplished that looking strictly at his production on a night-in, night-out basis.

Buddy Mignon
05-26-2015, 02:31 PM
No one in their right minds will EVER put Horry in the HoF. You can't really take the word of a few clutch fans (possibly one of the least knowledgeable basketball fans around) and take their word for it. You can roam into Lakerground and find a a whole bunch of idiots who still think Kobe > Duncan, or Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, but that doesn't mean that he is being viewed that way.

AyhX2YMgNvs

DMC
05-26-2015, 02:58 PM
He's a man's manPERIOD
So was Magic.

ambchang
05-26-2015, 03:09 PM
AyhX2YMgNvs

Barkley was out of his mind.

Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson were laughing their heads off.

Kareem? Kareem? Bird? Magic?

At the end of it, Barkley, obviously getting called out and realized of his dumbass take, just started smiling and repeated what he said.

Check this:

RfUPkz7ALHw#t=36

Barkley somehow ranked Magic and Kareem ahead of Kobe as a Laker, even though Kareem spent his prime with the Bucks, and Magic and Kobe both spent their entire careers with the Lakers.

Buddy Mignon
05-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Barkley was out of his mind.

Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson were laughing their heads off.

Kareem? Kareem? Bird? Magic?

At the end of it, Barkley, obviously getting called out and realized of his dumbass take, just started smiling and repeated what he said.

Check this:

RfUPkz7ALHw#t=36

Barkley somehow ranked Magic and Kareem ahead of Kobe as a Laker, even though Kareem spent his prime with the Bucks, and Magic and Kobe both spent their entire careers with the Lakers.

Kobe is the greatest Laker. Magic is the sentimental favorite, but Kobe has done more. Fact is... you won' find a single video of Jim's peers claiming him to be the best like you will Kobe.

ambchang
05-26-2015, 03:49 PM
Kobe is the greatest Laker. Magic is the sentimental favorite, but Kobe has done more. Fact is... you won' find a single video of Jim's peers claiming him to be the best like you will Kobe.

Barkley just said Magic and Kareem were greater Lakers. Why are you taking his opinion in one video but not the next?

Barkley called Duncan the best PF of all time:

WEmiJVgUKs4

“‘I’m still here. I’m a force to be reckoned with...you have to come take my spot, and not through Twitter and not through the media, come take my spot. I’m ready to go. As big men in the league, there are two who have done something special during this millennium. I’m one and Tim Duncan is the other. Anyone else has to come upstairs and see the Shogun. I’m still the Shogun.”

REPORTER: Do you still consider yourself one of the best players in the game?

SHAQ: Everyone always wants the title as the best player in the game. I own my title, and I still own it to this day. A lot of people want to take shots now, but I’m 38. But the only person in the league that slowed me down was a brother named father time, and that’s life, it slows everybody down. But no big man is ever going to do what I and Tim Duncan have done in our careers. It was time for 10 consecutive years that either me or Tim was in the NBA Finals. It was broken two years, but there will never be another big guy to do that.

We have so much in common. I feel very flattered (to be compared with you[Duncan]). You've played hard, played smart, won championships. And I don't think you're done with that.

(on ranking Duncan's place amongst the league's bigs)

Right up there at the top

(On his current favourite player)

Tim Duncan,” Abdul-Jabbar said. “He’s very fundamental and every postseason his team is going a lot further than a lot of the other teams. They have a pretty good number of world championships. They keep riding Tim Duncan.

KaiRMD1
05-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Kobe did miss from point blank range before Horry saved the day in game 5, just saying. Old sport has a point

MultiTroll
05-27-2015, 10:13 AM

mavsfan1000
05-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Whorry is a cock sucker.

MultiTroll
05-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Horry

HemisfairArena
05-30-2015, 11:34 PM
We all know the truth about Kobrick,,,,