PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: massive favorites over Cleveland?

Ghazi
05-27-2015, 04:31 PM
or just slightly. I think on paper Warriors should dominate the Cavs, not as bad as Spurs/Heat last year but still. Discuss

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Should be massive favorites..Cavs might be a little inflated due to the public(they're a more public team than the Warriors), but should still be at least +200 IMO..

Lebron isn't playing as well as people think, and their role players are hot + feasting on much lesser competition than GS..

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 04:47 PM
If you recall, a ton of picked the Heat to beat the Spurs, last year, which was delusional IMO(I picked the Spurs in 5 and bet on it, as I posted here)..

Thread
05-27-2015, 04:49 PM
If you recall, a ton of picked the Heat to beat the Spurs, last year, which was delusional IMO(I picked the Spurs in 5 and bet on it, as I posted here)..

Yeah, once Tim settled with Amy the frost was off the pumpkin. We didn't have to go home,,,but, we had to get the Hell outta there.

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Last year's Heat was better than this Cavs team, and they feasted on slightly worse competition, while the Spurs-Thunder were playing at a much higher level, and it was obvious that they would destroy the East competition IMO..

I don't think the Warriors are as good as the Spurs, despite the advanced metrics stating they're a historically great team(which is true, they are, but it's in relation to competition, and the league has been pretty bad this year with injuries, etc), but they're close enough..also, unlike the Spurs of last year, their best player is a top 3-4 player in the league that can take over a game..

Ghazi
05-27-2015, 05:10 PM
its hard not to consider a team historic with 67-15 +10.1 ppg #1 defense #2 offense and likely making the Finals after tonight.obviouslt have to finish it off with a title though. Cavs have a historic player but Warriors have a historic team with similar properties to last years Spurs.. also Clevelands middling team defense will finally meet a team that can exploit it.

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I agree that the Warriors are historic in relation to their competition, I meant I don't think they're necessarily better than last year's Spurs from a heads up perspective..regardless, I'd be shocked if they don't destroy a team relying entirely on an inefficient Lebron + the Knicks..

monosylab1k
05-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Is Love back for the Finals? I wonder if that will hurt Cleveland since Thompson seems to finally have found his place on this team.

Thread
05-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Is Love back for the Finals? I wonder if that will hurt Cleveland since Thompson seems to finally have found his place on this team.

What's Love got to do with it, Mono? He's nothing more than a second hand emotion.

Now, take an ike.

Franklin
05-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Great Satan Lebron only won 11 games in the finals though, while losing 16.

davethedope
05-27-2015, 07:20 PM
How do Mazgov and Thompson compare to Zbo and Gasol in relation to Bogut and Green? That to me is key... I really don't think there's a comparison, Grizzlies inside were supposed to dominate....

I mean, if you're going to go with GSW I think Grizz are a comparable team to the Cavs in terms of makeup and MO... minus a Lebron of course, but there are ways to deal with him

Mikeanaro
05-27-2015, 07:22 PM
They should be the East is trash since DK left Shicago.

baseline bum
05-27-2015, 07:24 PM
I'll take Golden State in 6.

AlexJones
05-27-2015, 10:27 PM
Should be massive favorites..Cavs might be a little inflated due to the public(they're a more public team than the Warriors), but should still be at least +200 IMO..

It's going to get the May-Pac treatment.. In reality the favorite should be like -375 but it'll be closer to -180.

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Hopefully..Mayweather was one of the easiest bets I have ever made, tbh, as I told you at the time:lol..

Warriors are a semi-public team, but there are still doubters(mostly fans that can't put their nostalgia aside and accept that a jump shooting team is dominating), while the Cavs are blinding people because they have Lebron(a declining, inefficient Lebron, by his standards)..

BatManu20
05-27-2015, 10:45 PM
If Kyrie is healthy, Dubs in 6 imo. If not, Dubs in 5. Lebron is going to play out of his mind though.

AlexJones
05-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Am seeing GSW -210, if you guys are interested in raising money for your kids college tuitions.

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Yep, called it..there was no way it was going to be less than -200:lol..I'm seeing -250..

spurraider21
05-28-2015, 03:21 PM
How do Mazgov and Thompson compare to Zbo and Gasol in relation to Bogut and Green? That to me is key... I really don't think there's a comparison, Grizzlies inside were supposed to dominate....

I mean, if you're going to go with GSW I think Grizz are a comparable team to the Cavs in terms of makeup and MO... minus a Lebron of course, but there are ways to deal with him
love how your comparison leaves out the most important player in the series. is jeff green supposed to compare to lebron?

InRareForm
05-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Heard it went down from +270 to +190 over night for cavs backers.

interesting.

davethedope
05-28-2015, 03:37 PM
love how your comparison leaves out the most important player in the series. is jeff green supposed to compare to lebron?

I forgot his name... I thought it was green but then I thought of your green and thought there can't be that many greens in the NBA

Anyway, no Im not leaving out LeBron, if everything else is a wash, Lebron is the X-Factor, there's no one who can guard him, like Leonard did last year, especially. It's not a perfect comparison.

But down low, I'm looking at who GSW went through, Davis, Zbo, Gasol, now Howard... Tristan Thompson and Mazgov don't stand a chance unless they really up their games.

ambchang
05-28-2015, 03:38 PM
As massive as lakers over Pistons in 04

Difference is the favorites will actually win this time, and likely in a sweep.

Phillip
05-28-2015, 03:46 PM
What's Love got to do with it, Mono? He's nothing more than a second hand emotion.

Now, take an ike.

:lol this might be the first time Thread has ever made me literally laugh

Infinite_limit
05-28-2015, 03:52 PM
If the Warriors defeat the Cavs, then it is a big reflection on the Thunder failure a few years ago

Thread
05-28-2015, 04:02 PM
:lol this might be the first time Thread has ever made me literally laugh

I still got it!!!

Venti Quattro
05-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Dubs are 1.40 favorites to win it all

DMC
05-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Outside shooting was readily available for Houston, they just missed a ton of them. When Harden was taking the shots, he had good success but he slinked back into the darkness when the spotlight became too bright and hoped his team would do it (or hoped they wouldn't, depending on the +/- speculation)

I think JR Smith and Shumpert can play a big role in this series. Smith because he's a willing chucker who can get red hot in an instant and bury you, and Shumpert because someone will be given the space and dared to shoot. Everyone can't be covered. I'd dare James to shoot the three, but being the best player on the planet means the other coach is going to want you covered regardless, because Kerr can live with "Shumpert got hot" but not with "we left Lebron uncovered and he killed us from deep".

If Irving plays, the problem is going to be who takes the shots? Lebron has been taking RW level attempts in these playoffs since others went down, and he's been a bit untrusting of his teammates late in the game. A few years ago we'd have called that alpha, but he doesn't seem to be doing it out of confidence, but out of caution. Regardless, if the game gets up tempo the Cavs can run with the Warriors point for point, however if the Cavs get into iso ball with Irving and James the Warriors are going to have a field day on fast breaks.

I think the Warriors will win simply because they have the more level headed stars, and Smith can bury his own team as well, however never underestimate what that spotlight can do to a team. Guys who were unstoppable can suddenly clam up and get stage fright, and guys who didn't do shit all year will suddenly blossom and fill the stat sheets.

I'd pick the Warriors, but in 6 games because I think each team will win at home until that 6th game when GS wins on the road, meaning GS will win 2 in a row twice.

Of course, injuries change everything.

AlexJones
05-30-2015, 03:18 AM
Warriors -180 available on bodog