PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: For the LeBron stans

Alex's foreskin
05-27-2015, 06:53 PM
In Lebron's ten playoff years, the East has had 30 teams win 50 games. By contrast, the West has had 59 teams.

In Jordan's 13 seasons with the Bulls, the East had 49 teams win 50.

:lmao leastern conference

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 07:00 PM
I don't think any Lebron fan denies this..what's your point?

Bynumite
05-27-2015, 07:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MZSzhDf.png

Alex's foreskin
05-27-2015, 07:04 PM

:lmao imagine if he loses again in the finals

Silver&Black
05-27-2015, 07:04 PM
So...you're saying the Eastern Conference is awful?

Thanks for the breaking news OP.

Alex's foreskin
05-27-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't think any Lebron fan denies this..what's your point?
:lol you cocksuckers are ready to crown him the GOAT when he has never had a tough run to the finals. Except when Boston buttfucked him over and over.

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 07:09 PM
:lol you cocksuckers are ready to crown him the GOAT when he has never had a tough run to the finals. Except when Boston buttfucked him over and over.

That's false, actually(as usual), not to mention that looking at RS win totals is mostly irrelevant, but anyways, tough/easy runs to the Finals doesn't affect the Finals result, at all, as we have seen throughout NBA history..

Heat = easier run than the Spurs, destroyed in the Finals
Heat in 2013- tougher run than the Spurs, won the Finals
Mavs in 2011- tougher run than the Heat, won the Finals
Celtics in 2008- 2 games 7s and a game 6, yet destroyed the Lakers in the Finals(Lakers hadn't been challenged prior to the Finals)

You can go on forever, it has minimal effect on the Finals result..

K...
05-27-2015, 07:09 PM
I'll help advance the argument.....eastern conference sucks. LeBron sucks. His finals appearance rate is an asterix. LeBron can't make top 5 all time after kawhi Leonard abused him and he cramped out. Drug abuser. Too beta to have woman problems. Cuckold (delonte).

spurraider21
05-27-2015, 07:37 PM
That's false, actually(as usual), not to mention that looking at RS win totals is mostly irrelevant, but anyways, tough/easy runs to the Finals doesn't affect the Finals result, at all, as we have seen throughout NBA history..

Heat = easier run than the Spurs, destroyed in the Finals
Heat in 2013- tougher run than the Spurs, won the Finals
Mavs in 2011- tougher run than the Heat, won the Finals
Celtics in 2008- 2 games 7s and a game 6, yet destroyed the Lakers in the Finals(Lakers hadn't been challenged prior to the Finals)

You can go on forever, it has minimal effect on the Finals result..
might not have an effect on the finals results in a vacuum... but you have to get to the finals in the first place. lebron is about to have his 6th go. had he been in the west, he likely wouldn't have had as many finals trips, and thus possibly less rings

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 07:38 PM
might not have an effect on the finals results in a vacuum... but you have to get to the finals in the first place. lebron is about to have his 6th go. had he been in the west, he likely wouldn't have had as many finals trips, and thus possibly less rings

Lebron's Heat had a great record vs teams in the West during the regular season, actually(which is the logic being used here)

There are only 3-4 legit contenders every year, regardless of record, unless you are a vanilla fan that considers teams like Memphis and Portland to be contenders..

Infinite_limit
05-27-2015, 07:41 PM
1. Celtics Trio
2. MVPau Lakers
3. Duncan's Spurs/Dirk's Mavs
5. James' Heat

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03050/moses_3050031b.jpg

King Emmanuel
05-27-2015, 07:47 PM

man its amazing how many times he crushed us.. that Kobe :lol

spurraider21
05-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Lebron's Heat had a great record vs teams in the West during the regular season, actually(which is the logic being used here)

There are only 3-4 legit contenders every year, regardless of record, unless you are a vanilla fan that considers teams like Memphis and Portland to be contenders..
memphis nearly knocked OKC out last year in the first round... and had a strong chance is zbo wasn't suspended. the spurs were pushed to 7 by dallas. even though memphis and dallas weren't contenders... they very nearly knocked out the 2 strongest contenders in the conference.

the spurs were rolling in the 2nd half of the season but lost because they got the clippers in the first round. switch the spurs and the cavs, and the spurs are in the finals right now tbh

Phillip
05-27-2015, 08:06 PM

:lmao at this picture also including the "NBA champions" and "NBA finals" lines on Kobe's list, and not on lebron's, just to try to make things look even more lopsided. :lmao :lmao :lmao including series against teams that Kobe LOST to

FkLA
05-27-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm sure the lists wouldn't change if Kobe played alongside Mo Williams/Iglauskas and LeBron played alongside Shaq/MVPau+Bynum+Odom+Artest. Nope not at all.

Venti Quattro
05-27-2015, 08:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yz8FH5x.jpg

LkrFan
05-27-2015, 08:45 PM

Clipper Nation get your sweet and sour German Shepard eating ass in here and :downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :rollin :lmao :rollin

JoeTait75
05-27-2015, 08:50 PM
1.) It isn't LeBron's fault the East has been dogshit virtually his entire career. Why penalize him for something that's out of his control?

2.) The Showtime Lakers made a living beating up on a terrible Western Conference in the '80s but nobody holds that against them.

3.) LeBron deserves credit, imo, for taking the Cleveland Cavaliers- arguably the worst non-relocated franchise in NBA history (only the Timberwolves challenge them for that dishonor)- to two NBA Finals.

Venti Quattro
05-27-2015, 08:52 PM
1.) It isn't LeBron's fault the East has been dogshit virtually his entire career. Why penalize him for something that's out of his control?

Didn't say anything bad. Just shows how easy LeBron has it in the East. That's why he will never sign with a Western Conference team.

KaiRMD1
05-27-2015, 09:00 PM

:lmao
Lebron loses in the finals, he ties Magic

LkrFan
05-27-2015, 09:04 PM

2.) The Showtime Lakers made a living beating up on a terrible Western Conference in the '80s but nobody holds that against them.

3.) LeBron deserves credit, imo, for taking the Cleveland Cavaliers- arguably the worst non-relocated franchise in NBA history (only the Timberwolves challenge them for that dishonor)- to two NBA Finals.

Blazers were not good throughout Drexler's career? Kevin Johnson's Suns were scrubs too? The WC was not chocked with scrub teams. And the EC was LOADED. So loaded that MJ didn't win shit during Bird's or Magic's primes.

The Lakers beat the Pistons, Celtics (twice), and Philly (twice) in the Finals. From 1980-1989, either the Lakers or Boston (or BOTH) were in the Finals every year. We were STACKED.

-10 points for using my Lakers to prop up LeHype. :lol

midnightpulp
05-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Doesn't matter if your conference is weak when your Finals opponent is strong. In 2012, I called the Thunder "a perfect team." Spoelstra looked fuckin' clueless going into that match-up, and most posters here and the media thought the Heat were going to get trounced. Lebron outplayed Durant and the Heat emerged with the title. The 2013 Spurs were one of the best non-champions of recent history, certainly better than garbage like the '07 Cavs, '09 Magic and '10 Celtics (such an overrated team), and Lebron, with help from a Spurs meltdown, emerged with the title.

Like Tait said, we don't penalize Magic for feasting on a weak Western Conference his entire career, because beating the Sixers, Celtics, and Pistons (all great teams) validates the weak lead up to the Finals.

baseline bum
05-27-2015, 09:07 PM

Robert Horry eliminated 28 50-win teams.

Clipper Nation
05-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Blazers were not good throughout Drexler's career? Kevin Johnson's Suns were scrubs too? The WC was not chocked with scrub teams.

Just look at some of the murderers' rows that the Showtime Lakers had to go through:

1983-84: Kings (38-44), Mavs (43-39), Suns (41-41)
1984-85: Suns (36-46), Blazers (42-40), Nuggets (52-30, but played absolutely no defense even by '80s standards)
1985-86: Spurs (35-47), Mavs (44-38), Rockets (51-31; first time they played anything close to a legit team in years and they lost in 5)
1986-87: Nuggets (37-45), Warriors (42-40), Sonics (39-43) - easily the most pathetic road to a title in the history of the NBA, probably even in the history of sports
1987-88: Got to play a Spurs team that was 20 games under .500 in the first round :lmao

:cry "But, but, LeBron deserves an asterisk because the East is so weak!" :cry

midnightpulp
05-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Blazers were not good throughout Drexler's career? Kevin Johnson's Suns were scrubs too? The WC was not chocked with scrub teams. And the EC was LOADED. So loaded that MJ didn't win shit during Bird's or Magic's primes.

The Lakers beat the Pistons, Celtics (twice), and Philly (twice) in the Finals. From 1980-1989, either the Lakers or Boston (or BOTH) were in the Finals every year. We were STACKED.

-10 points for using my Lakers to prop up LeHype. :lol

Yep. The Suns didn't become a threat until they paired Barkley with KJ. And Drexler's Blazers were a one hit wonder Finals appearance. They only great team in the West was the Dream/Sampson Rockets, a team quickly derailed by injuries as they look poised to dominate the conference for years to come.

Clipper Nation
05-27-2015, 09:12 PM
They only great team in the West was the Dream/Sampson Rockets, a team quickly derailed by injuries as they look poised to dominate the conference for years to come.
And the Showtime Lakers lost to them in 5, since they weren't the usual cupcake opponent :lol

JoeTait75
05-27-2015, 09:13 PM

The Blazers and Suns didn't become title contenders until the end of the 1980's. During that entire decade the only WC team that beat the Lake Show in a playoff series was the Houston Rockets, while the only WC teams the Lake Show didn't beat in the playoffs were the Rockets and the Clippers (who never made the playoffs in the '80s.) There were no teams like the 76ers or Bucks to counterbalance L.A.'s dominance out West.

Of course they were stacked, but that's my point: playing in the weaker conference didn't make the Showtime Lakers any less great.

baseline bum
05-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Yep. The Suns didn't become a threat until they paired Barkley with KJ. And Drexler's Blazers were a one hit wonder Finals appearance. They only great team in the West was the Dream/Sampson Rockets, a team quickly derailed by injuries as they look poised to dominate the conference for years to come.

That Rockets team wasn't shit. They never looked poised to dominate the conference, not with soft ass Ralph Sampson getting owned by Jerry Sichting and their horrible guard play. The Lakers just shit the bed that series. And the Blazers were an early 90s team, they had one 50 win season in the 80s.

baseline bum
05-27-2015, 09:17 PM
The Blazers and Suns didn't become title contenders until the end of the 1980's. During that entire decade the only WC team that beat the Lake Show in a playoff series was the Houston Rockets, while the only WC teams the Lake Show didn't beat in the playoffs were the Rockets and the Clippers (who never made the playoffs in the '80s.) There were no teams like the 76ers or Bucks to counterbalance L.A.'s dominance out West.

Yeah, Portland never took off until they landed Buck Williams. Man I hated seeing him wasted on that garbage Nets team for so many years.

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 09:31 PM
memphis nearly knocked OKC out last year in the first round... and had a strong chance is zbo wasn't suspended. the spurs were pushed to 7 by dallas. even though memphis and dallas weren't contenders... they very nearly knocked out the 2 strongest contenders in the conference.

the spurs were rolling in the 2nd half of the season but lost because they got the clippers in the first round. switch the spurs and the cavs, and the spurs are in the finals right now tbh

Lebron's teams have had great records vs. the West

Bynumite
05-27-2015, 09:32 PM

2 of 5 is hardly a great record vs the west :lol

Malik Hairston
05-27-2015, 09:34 PM
2 of 5 is hardly a great record vs the west :lol

:lol I thought we were discussing the regular season, no?

K...
05-27-2015, 09:49 PM
On one hand, you have lebron, teaming up with the 2 next best eastern conf players and going 2-4 against the WEst in the finals. That's good.

Then you have Cleveland going to the finals twice and lets assume they get swept again.
Has Lebron proven anything by taking Cleveland to the finals? Imean losing in the finals is sweet and all, spursfans right? But isn't it a loser nonetheless?

Now, lets imagine two years from now Durant goes to DC. Durant goes to the finals and is swept. Durant now has a finals loss with OKC (and a solid playoff run regardless) and finals loss with DC, IS he equal to Lebron?

I mean the comparison holds up except we don't get to see Durant in his "Heat" years. But we can easily imagine OKC a three superstar team, playing in the east and easily reaching the ECF. If OKC and Miami played in the ECF 3 years in a row how to you feel that goes? Is durant > Lebron?

I'm splitting hairs here,Lebron has never had a losing team since entering his prime. Only guy better than that is Duncan who never missed the playoffs.

On the other hand you have lebron beating some good eastern teams in Cavs saga pt 1. You have him beating some good eastern teams in Miami and 50% against WC. Then you have this years garbage. THats some pretty weak battles when you look at the western conf.

To sum up. Lebrons legacy depends on a few more things. Can he win a third title. Second, will he be tied to drug use. If we start testing for HGH and future stars are forbidden from using it, and a guy like Dirk managed to put up amazing stats without juicing, how do you correct their stats? Third, the personality. It's not the worse nor the best. You have Jordan and bird as assholes. You have Duncan as the quiet type, and you have Lebron the part time clown.

K...
05-27-2015, 09:51 PM
Fuck it, it's true Durant is just as good as lebron. The only difference is western conf vs eastern.

And we can be damn sure Durant doesn't juice.

spurraider21
05-28-2015, 12:00 AM
are you implying that he'd have an easier time in the playoffs in the west?

you yourself were saying "regular seasons dont matter in these discussions" and now you keep citing lebron's regular season record vs the same west teams...

DMC
05-28-2015, 12:10 AM

Odd missing years there between 2004 and 2008. What happened? I must have missed it.

Also of note, assuming 50 wins in a lockout season yet giving the Spurs an asterisk for winning a championship in a lockout season. Caveat Bynumite.

DMC
05-28-2015, 12:15 AM
On one hand, you have lebron, teaming up with the 2 next best eastern conf players and going 2-4 against the WEst in the finals. That's good.

Then you have Cleveland going to the finals twice and lets assume they get swept again.
Has Lebron proven anything by taking Cleveland to the finals? Imean losing in the finals is sweet and all, spursfans right? But isn't it a loser nonetheless?

Now, lets imagine two years from now Durant goes to DC. Durant goes to the finals and is swept. Durant now has a finals loss with OKC (and a solid playoff run regardless) and finals loss with DC, IS he equal to Lebron?

I mean the comparison holds up except we don't get to see Durant in his "Heat" years. But we can easily imagine OKC a three superstar team, playing in the east and easily reaching the ECF. If OKC and Miami played in the ECF 3 years in a row how to you feel that goes? Is durant > Lebron?

I'm splitting hairs here,Lebron has never had a losing team since entering his prime. Only guy better than that is Duncan who never missed the playoffs.

On the other hand you have lebron beating some good eastern teams in Cavs saga pt 1. You have him beating some good eastern teams in Miami and 50% against WC. Then you have this years garbage. THats some pretty weak battles when you look at the western conf.

To sum up. Lebrons legacy depends on a few more things. Can he win a third title. Second, will he be tied to drug use. If we start testing for HGH and future stars are forbidden from using it, and a guy like Dirk managed to put up amazing stats without juicing, how do you correct their stats? Third, the personality. It's not the worse nor the best. You have Jordan and bird as assholes. You have Duncan as the quiet type, and you have Lebron the part time clown.
Kidd K thinking his shitty takes are suddenly worth something because he just uses "K" now.

A: You say too much that makes no fucking sense
B: You're a flaming homosexual
C: You still had that avatar that said you like giving head
D: What the fuck are you talking about?

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 12:54 AM
are you implying that he'd have an easier time in the playoffs in the west?

you yourself were saying "regular seasons dont matter in these discussions" and now you keep citing lebron's regular season record vs the same west teams...

I'm saying it wouldn't matter, his teams records were just as good vs. the West during the regular season, if we're playing this game..

spurraider21
05-28-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm saying it wouldn't matter, his teams records were just as good vs. the West during the regular season, if we're playing this game..
you yourself said regular season records dont matter. now suddenly lebron's regular season records vs those same teams matter

DMC
05-28-2015, 12:59 AM
you yourself said regular season records dont matter. now suddenly lebron's regular season records vs those same teams matter
Philo you don't fucking get it. Maybe a hair got across your eyes and blindfolded you.

If you're using RS like this thread is, then that's one thing, but that doesn't mean Harlem agrees that RS is relevant.

Bynumite
05-28-2015, 01:03 AM

Just a few months ago you thought Lebron was a coon and an uncle tom and you hated his guts for leaving Miami.

Damn son. You jumped back on the Lebron bandwagon faster than Lebron went back to ol' massa Gilbert :lol

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 01:04 AM

They don't matter..this thread is about the fucking regular season, though:lmao..

The records discussed in this thread are regular season records..

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Philo you don't fucking get it. Maybe a hair got across your eyes and blindfolded you.

If you're using RS like this thread is, then that's one thing, but that doesn't mean Harlem agrees that RS is relevant.

:lol

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 01:05 AM
Just a few months ago you thought Lebron was a coon and an uncle tom and you hated his guts for leaving Miami.

Damn son. You jumped back on the Lebron bandwagon faster than Lebron went back to ol' massa Gilbert :lol

I don't like Lebron and I don't even think he has been that great in the playoffs this year, I'm just arguing the points the OP is attempting to make..

Bynumite
05-28-2015, 01:08 AM
Coasting through sweeps vs weak eastern teams =/= 6/7 game series vs elite 50+ wins western teams

Lebron goes to the Finals with more rest and probably less games as well and only has a 2/5 Finals record to show for it :lmao

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 01:09 AM
Coasting through sweeps vs weak eastern teams =/= 6/7 game series vs elite 50+ wins western teams

Lebron goes to the Finals with more rest and probably less games as well and only has a 2/5 Finals record to show for it :lmao

:lol that's some terrible logic, tbh..the path to the Finals has virtually no effect on the outcome in the actual Finals, there are dozens and dozens of examples of it..

The East series' are probably more grueling, though, tbh..teams with lesser talent generally play harder and more physical, since they can't rely on offensive talent..Lebron's Heat had a more difficult time with the Pacers and Celtics than they did vs. the Thunder and even the Spurs, for example..

spurraider21
05-28-2015, 01:11 AM
They don't matter..this thread is about the fucking regular season, though:lmao..

The records discussed in this thread are regular season records..
this thread is about playoff wins. its not asking "how many regular season wins does lebron have against 50 win teams"

but your point in all this is that lebron would have just as easy a time reaching the finals in the west... to make that point, you are saying

a) the regular season record of west teams dont matter

but at the same time are saying

b) lebron's good regular season record against them is indicative of how he'd do in the playoffs

its not consistent

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 01:16 AM
this thread is about playoff wins. its not asking "how many regular season wins does lebron have against 50 win teams"

but your point in all this is that lebron would have just as easy a time reaching the finals in the west... to make that point, you are saying

a) the regular season record of west teams dont matter

but at the same time are saying

b) lebron's good regular season record against them is indicative of how he'd do in the playoffs

its not consistent

Bro, are you serious? How are those win totals calculated? Based on the outcomes of which games? The thread is discussing 50-win regular season teams and implying that the win totals of those teams is indicative of the quality of that team..

spurraider21
05-28-2015, 01:23 AM
i get what the thread is about. but you dismiss the strength of the west by saying their regular season records dont matter.... and then use lebron's regular season record vs the west as an indication that he'd do just as well. you dismiss the importance of regular season records to make one point, and then use regular season records to make your second point. its inconsistent.

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 01:29 AM
You used that logic before I did, by implying that Lebron would have a more difficult time in the West, based on the records of the teams in the West..I only rebutted, using your logic, G..

I don't really use the regular season as any type of barometer for teams, I was just replying to the logic used in this thread(yours included) that is implying Lebron would have a tougher time in the West, which is an argument completely dependent on the regular season records of those teams as the basis of the argument..

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 01:32 AM
FYI, Lebron has went up against 15 top-5 ranked defenses in the playoffs, including 10 top-3 defenses, and he still has years to add to the list, if we're using stupid logic:lol..that's already more than Kobe has went up against since he became a high-usage player(not going to include 98-99 and earlier, that's just a reach:lol)..I haven't looked at the Dad Killer numbers, yet..

Koolaid_Man
05-28-2015, 05:10 AM
In Lebron's ten playoff years, the East has had 30 teams win 50 games. By contrast, the West has had 59 teams.

In Jordan's 13 seasons with the Bulls, the East had 49 teams win 50.

:lmao leastern conference

You've been putting in decent work...Koolaid sees you....

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2015, 05:41 AM
97/98 - 03/04 = shaqs team