PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Best Hypothetical Comeback of All Time?

LnGrrrR
05-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Now guys, I know the Rockets didn't complete the comeback. But wasn't that the best hypothetical comeback of all time? I mean, if they had completed it, wouldn't that have been way more amazing than any other hypothetical comeback? I don't know if it can compare to other hypothetical comebacks. I was wondering, should I count teams that went down 0-3, then actually forced a game 7? No, definitely not hypothetical enough. So I just looked at teams who only won one or two games, and therefore had only a hypothetical shot at winning, but no real chance. I know I'm not impartial, but for me, the best hypothetical would be the Celtics getting swept by the Nets in 2003. We had Walker's 3 point prowess and shimmy, a young and fierce Pierce, a former All Star in Vin Baker... heck Vin Baker is his very own hypothetical! What if he didn't get drunk off his ass every day? Would the C's have ran it back to back? What do you guys think?

Caltex2
05-28-2015, 12:38 AM
Sigh...

LnGrrrR
05-28-2015, 12:39 AM
lol ^ had to do it Caltex :)

DMC
05-28-2015, 12:42 AM
Now guys, I know the Rockets didn't complete the comeback. But wasn't that the best hypothetical comeback of all time? I mean, if they had completed it, wouldn't that have been way more amazing than any other hypothetical comeback? I don't know if it can compare to other hypothetical comebacks. I was wondering, should I count teams that went down 0-3, then actually forced a game 7? No, definitely not hypothetical enough. So I just looked at teams who only won one or two games, and therefore had only a hypothetical shot at winning, but no real chance. I know I'm not impartial, but for me, the best hypothetical would be the Celtics getting swept by the Nets in 2003. We had Walker's 3 point prowess and shimmy, a young and fierce Pierce, a former All Star in Vin Baker... heck Vin Baker is his very own hypothetical! What if he didn't get drunk off his ass every day? Would the C's have ran it back to back? What do you guys think?

Spurs hypothetical 5peat between 2003 and 2007.

Caltex2
05-28-2015, 12:51 AM
lol ^ had to do it Caltex :)

You just had to win the argument, huh?

LnGrrrR
05-28-2015, 12:54 AM
I didn't win it, the Red Sox won it for me. :)