PDA

View Full Version : Gasol expresses admiration for Spurs as free agency looms

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2015, 11:10 AM
“San Antonio is a model franchise and I’ve always admired Tim Duncan,” he said. “We’ll see what happens this summer.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/05/28/gasol-expresses-admiration-for-spurs-as-free-agency-looms/

hater
05-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Ic we get marc we are instantly contenders once again.

look_at_g_shred
05-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Nice..

KaiRMD1
05-28-2015, 11:22 AM

If Porker is still on the team, we're middle of the pack

MultiTroll
psssh. He couldn't even expose Bogut with a 2-1 lead.

RD2191

Dex
05-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Where is tspence when you need him?

hater
05-28-2015, 11:24 AM
If Porker is still on the team, we're middle of the pack

Not worried about that tbh. I think if porker comes back instead of mvparker. Rc will not hesitate to make adjustments.

We still need a franchise big regardless tbqh

hater
05-28-2015, 11:26 AM

They don't have Danny green or kawhi on cum brothers tbqh

ducks
05-28-2015, 11:27 AM
. But Gasol said he won’t base his decision on the city, but rather the best opportunity to win a championship

mem needs outside shooting green could help with that he could stay spurs are better from outside then mem even without green

BillMc
05-28-2015, 11:46 AM

We are already contenders. But, obviously, Marc would be a major boost.

SpurPadre
05-28-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm not falling for this Gasol bullshit tactic. Pau said basically the same thing last year.

RD2191
05-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Spurs don't need another choker.

cd98
05-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Bogut is a good defender.

ironman2886
05-28-2015, 12:21 PM
6'7", Draymond Green, shut down Gasol. Fuck this guy. That was embarrassing. Gasol is just an elbow jump shooter, with overrated defense. 39 year old Duncan puts this guy to shame. Give me Aldridge. He has a better offensive game.

hater
05-28-2015, 12:48 PM
We are already contenders. But, obviously, Marc would be a major boost.

:lol we were no contenders this year. Not even close. 1st round fodder

Mnky
05-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Apparently no one actually watched the series. Gasol is the best all around center in the game. Spurfan analysis unreal as usual.

hater
05-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Apparently no one actually watched the series. Gasol is the best all around center in the game. Spurfan analysis unreal as usual.

:lol

"we don't need that choker" meanwhile Max Playa Keith Van Horn 2.0 choked away a few playoff games in a round 1 loss :lol

hater
05-28-2015, 12:57 PM
6'7", Draymond Green, shut down Gasol. Fuck this guy.

Matt Barnes shut down Kawhi. Fuck him too?

ironman2886
05-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Matt Barnes shut down Kawhi. Fuck him too?
Kawhi isn't referred to as the best SF in the league. Gasol is called the best Center in the game. Since Kawhi was drafted, the Spurs had also been the WCF 3 years in a row, and Finals 2 years in a row. Kawhi underachieved in this postseason, but so did every player on the team not named Tim Duncan.

fundamental9903
05-28-2015, 01:10 PM

"we don't need that choker" meanwhile Max Playa Keith Van Horn 2.0 choked away a few playoff games in a round 1 loss :lol

:lmao

Emperor
05-28-2015, 01:18 PM
If the Spurs do get Gasol, they should try and snag Kenneth Faried from Denver if they plan to make him available. Dude averages 12/8 for an undersized pf but is only making $2 mil.

hater
05-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Kawhi isn't referred to as the best SF in the league. Gasol is called the best Center in the game. Since Kawhi was drafted, the Spurs had also been the WCF 3 years in a row, and Finals 2 years in a row. Kawhi underachieved in this postseason, but so did every player on the team not named Tim Duncan.

Sure. But kawhi was still shut down by matt fucking Barnes.

Just saying the fact that Green might have shut down Gasol should not be a reason to sign him or not

Mikeanaro
05-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Gasucks tbh.

sexinthatsx
05-28-2015, 01:31 PM

LOL Gasol is not regarded as the best Center in the league. There are many others that are better, and it's all subjective. Boogie Cousins, Chris Bosh, and Joakim Noah to name a few. Marc Gasol is regarded as the best "passing" Center. Either way, if Spur are able to land Marc Gasol it puts them right at the top for contention again; regardless if they have a healthy TP or not.

Emperor
05-28-2015, 01:31 PM

He's going through some tough times right now. His mother has cancer and nearly died i believe.

ironman2886
05-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Sure. But kawhi was still shut down by matt fucking Barnes.

Just saying the fact that Green might have shut down Gasol should not be a reason to sign him or not
Kawhi had a crappy series, but he's still young with a high ceiling. Kawhi has gone up against the best players in the game, and won. Gasol has reached his ceiling(inconsistent jump shooter with a shitty post game. Gasol is solid defensively but he doesn't have effect Kawhi has when he's on. Ever since 2011, Gasol has been underwhelming in the postseason as the " Best center" in the league.

ironman2886
05-28-2015, 01:43 PM
LOL Gasol is not regarded as the best Center in the league. There are many others that are better, and it's all subjective. Boogie Cousins, Chris Bosh, and Joakim Noah to name a few. Marc Gasol is regarded as the best "passing" Center. Either way, if Spur are able to land Marc Gasol it puts them right at the top for contention again; regardless if they have a healthy TP or not.
Cousins is a really good post player, but he's a headcase that doesn't play defense. Noah is an energy guy that's a great passer and defender. Bosh is a good passer that likes to shoot threes now. Marc Gasol is the best all around center , and he is referred to as the best Center in the game. I don't know what you're talking about. He's come up short.

TheGreatYacht
05-28-2015, 01:50 PM

:lmao

Darius Bieber
05-28-2015, 02:17 PM
Let's see how many pages we can make the Aldridge and Gasol threads go this season.... Pau Gasol's thread last season reached what? Like 45 pages?

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 02:18 PM

:lol Noah is one of the worst starters in the NBA right now, and he only really had 1 standout season where he was a gimmick player for the Bulls during the regular season(running high post offense and stat-padding assists, was horrible in the playoffs)..

Cousins is probably the best, but Gasol is definitely 2nd..

peacemaker885
05-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Gasol or Aldridge - does this mean the end of the Golden god era?

Budkin
05-28-2015, 02:32 PM
I'm not falling for this Gasol bullshit tactic. Pau said basically the same thing last year.

spurraider21
05-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Pau was also pretty close to joining the spurs. we were favored until the bulls finally decided to pay up and amnesty boozer

baseline bum
05-28-2015, 02:37 PM
6'7", Draymond Green, shut down Gasol. Fuck this guy. That was embarrassing. Gasol is just an elbow jump shooter, with overrated defense. 39 year old Duncan puts this guy to shame. Give me Aldridge. He has a better offensive game.

And Green shut Anthony Davis down too in Golden State's big comeback in New Orleans.

hater
05-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Kawhi had a crappy series, but he's still young with a high ceiling. Kawhi has gone up against the best players in the game, and won. Gasol has reached his ceiling(inconsistent jump shooter with a shitty post game. Gasol is solid defensively but he doesn't have effect Kawhi has when he's on. Ever since 2011, Gasol has been underwhelming in the postseason as the " Best center" in the league.

Kawhi doesn't win shit without Pop, Duncan and Parker tbqh

and Gasol is in the convo of best center in the league. His big brother Pau was also cosidered top center even without winning a single playoff game in Memphis.

hater
05-28-2015, 02:47 PM
:cry that choker didn't carry Conley's broken face, Kosta Koufus, Nick Calathes, Courtney Lee and the corpse of Vince Carter over Golden State :cry

fuck that guy

Big P
05-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Pau was also pretty close to joining the spurs. we were favored until the bulls finally decided to pay up and amnesty boozer

We never had a chance, he wanted the opera and ballet and shit like that, which SA couldn't give him.

Dex
05-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Let's see how many pages we can make the Aldridge and Gasol threads go this season.... Pau Gasol's thread last season reached what? Like 45 pages?

Well, we'll have like a month and a half head start on it this year....

:pctoss Fucking Clippers.

hater
05-28-2015, 02:50 PM
We never had a chance, he wanted the opera and ballet and shit like that, which SA couldn't give him.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mVBp54yXOns/hqdefault.jpg

Silver&Black
05-28-2015, 02:54 PM
All of a sudden our fanbase is picky when it comes to big name free agents....:lol

RD2191
05-28-2015, 02:57 PM
All of a sudden our fanbase is picky when it comes to big name free agents....:lol
i'd rather the spurs try and get better through the draft somehow

ironman2886
05-28-2015, 03:04 PM
:cry that choker didn't carry Conley's broken face, Kosta Koufus, Nick Calathes, Courtney Lee and the corpse of Vince Carter over Golden State :cry

fuck that guy
The motherfu$&er couldn't carry himself.

Emperor
05-28-2015, 03:04 PM

But we have Ballet Folklorico though?:lol

Silver&Black
05-28-2015, 03:06 PM
i'd rather the spurs try and get better through the draft somehow

What do you have in mind? Trading up? I'm willing to go out on a limb here mi negro. Fat Gasol and/or LMA >>> Whoever the Spurs draft with the 26th pick.

We could hit another Parker (don't laugh) or Ginobili homerun, but you can't go into the draft thinking that. Plus, we will more than likely draft some kid from Europe that nobody has ever heard of...and he may or may not become a Spur in 3-4 years.

Keepin' it real
05-28-2015, 03:07 PM

Actually, it's not our fanbase, it's the moronic trolls who comprise 99.9% of Spurstalk. They are anything but Spurs fans.

I guarantee you Spurs fans would be thrilled to have Gasol on the team, or Aldridge for that matter. Whether it happens or not is irrelevant. We all want it to happen because it virtually ensures our place in the upper echelon of the NBA for years to come.

Those who say otherwise are just being defensive from feeling rejected by other big-name free agents in the past. They don't want to get their little hearts broken again, so instead of dealing with it, they lash out and act like the trolls they are, until mommie comes home to wipe their little tushies.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54553361.jpg

ironman2886
05-28-2015, 03:07 PM
And Green shut Anthony Davis down too in Golden State's big comeback in New Orleans.
Great players have bad games. Gasol got rocked for a series. He stayed out of the paint and shot brick after brick. Anthony Davis put on a show against Golden State.

Stabula
05-28-2015, 03:52 PM
If Cousins had a good coach he'd be the undisputed best center in the league. Even now I still think he's the best.

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2015, 04:31 PM
If Cousins had a good coach he'd be the undisputed best center in the league. Even now I still think he's the best.

Some players are just career sub-par defenders, and I think Cousins lands in that group. He's a beast no doubt, but not both ways.

Mikeanaro
05-28-2015, 04:32 PM
You are right, but maybe our fanbase doesnt give a shit because for the last 15 years we couldnt get a big name even winning championships and paying the same than other teams and for example Pau Gasol went to the Lakers for nothing, we are a small market team and that always has its consequences.
I dont want Pawn or Fat here but I would love some Aldridge.

TD 21
05-28-2015, 04:41 PM

Exactly. He was pathetic in that series and really, after an uncharacteristic first half or so where it looked as if he had taken another step, reverted to his same old ways. He's an excellent complimentary player, but he's soft and can't carry an offense.

Of course, if they can't sign Aldridge, but can sign him, I'd obviously be all for it. I'm just saying, he's overrated.

As far as this notion that he's the best center in the league, there's nothing to support it statistically and it doesn't pass the eye test either. Cousins, Duncan and Howard, are all better than him.

bigfan
05-28-2015, 04:50 PM
I'd take Gasol over LA any day of the week.

EVAY
05-28-2015, 04:58 PM
good grief. Hard to believe folks are still falling for negotiating tactics from these guys. Seriously.

ducks
05-28-2015, 05:08 PM
gasol would be more effective if he played with better outside shooters imo

TheGreatYacht
05-28-2015, 05:11 PM
I'd rather draft Kuentopious Sahlabotaemonga from Vatican City.

ST :lol

heyheymymy
05-28-2015, 05:14 PM

fuck that guy

Don't forget the disappearing act that is Jeff Green. I'd look like shit too if I had to carry all that dead weight. You just give up. Same with Aldridge. You can almost add a little to their stats when placing them on the Spurs because guys start to live up to potential when they're surround by a good system and players. Diaw didn't give a shit in CHA because he was in fucking CHA.

SupremeGuy
05-28-2015, 05:15 PM
It doesn't mean shit if pop is still a stubborn asshole next year and forces the starters to play with our 3rd best PG...

Vic Petro
05-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Didn't Gasol average something like 19/11 against the Warriors which are above his regular season averages?

Seventyniner
05-28-2015, 05:17 PM

Yup. People forget how shitty the wings around him have been. A sharpshooter like Danny Green and a multipurpose threat like Kawhi would be even more deadly with Marc's passing ability, mean pick-setting, and shooting range.

lefty
05-28-2015, 05:19 PM

Max Playa: FInals MVP vs leBron
Enrique: Finals MVP against ........................:lmao B:lol:lolbie Gibson

SpursFan86
05-28-2015, 05:26 PM
http://www.gigantes.com/marc-baja-en-el-eurobasket-llevo-14-anos-con-la-seleccion-algun-dia-habra-que-parar/

El catalán también ha dejado claro que quiere seguir en los Grizzlies: “No me he planteado cambiar de equipo. Todo el mundo sabe la relación de Memphis con toda la familia. Es especial y nos ha marcado. Hay que ponerlo todo en una balanza. La decisión será buena porque yo la hará buena”.

Aunque avisa a Memphis de que tiene que dar un pase adelante: “El equipo tiene que mejorar y yo tengo que mejorar. Hay que intentar crear una cultura ganadora en la franquicia. Si no hubiese cosas que mejorar no estaríamos hoy aquí. No tengo necesidad de que me ofrezcan muchas cosas en otras franquicias.Me encantaría estar jugando la final y ese es el objetivo que tengo en el próximo contrato. Sólo baloncesto. Me preocupa el día a día. Soy un hombre sencillo: del entrenamiento a casa y estar con la familia”.

Anyone want to translate? I know the beginning of that means something like "I haven't made any plans to change teams. All the world knows the relationship with Memphis is like family"...but it gets a bit shaky after that.

gambit1990
05-28-2015, 05:33 PM
have more hope than i did before. but that was pretty much nil so it's not saying much.

starting to think he might leave memphis. he says he wants a championship, he's been playing with almost the same roster for years and the grizzles just haven't been good enough. who will they add to make marc think he can win there soon?

monkeypunk
05-28-2015, 05:42 PM
http://www.gigantes.com/marc-baja-en-el-eurobasket-llevo-14-anos-con-la-seleccion-algun-dia-habra-que-parar/

Anyone want to translate? I know the beginning of that means something like "I haven't made any plans to change teams. All the world knows the relationship with Memphis is like family"...but it gets a bit shaky after that.

Rough Google Translation:

Catalan has also made it clear he wants to stay in the Grizzlies : "I have not considered changing equipment. Everyone knows the relationship of Memphis with the whole family . It is special and has marked us . You have to put everything in balance . The decision is good because I do good . "

But he warns that Memphis has to take a pass on: " The team has to improve and I have to improve. We must try to create a winning culture in the franchise. If there were things to improve we would not be here today. I have no need for me to offer much in other franquicias.Me love to be playing the final and that's the goal I have in the next contract . I just basketball. I worry every day. I'm a simple man training home and be with the family. "

FkLA
05-28-2015, 06:04 PM

The Catalan also made it clear he wants to stay with the Grizzlies: "I have not planned to change teams. The whole world knows the relationship our whole family has with the city of Memphis. It's special and has left a mark on us. I have to weigh the the pros and cons. The decision will be a good one because I will make the right one."

But he warns that Memphis needs to take a step forward: "The team has to improve and I have to improve. We need to try and develop a winning culture. If there weren't any areas to improve on, we'd still be playing. I don't need other franchises to offer me great things, I just want to win. I would love to be playing in the Finals and that is the objective for this upcoming contract. Just basketball. I worry more about the day-to-day than the luxuries of a city. I'm a simple man: from practice I go home to be with my family."

FkLA
05-28-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't think it's definitive one way or the other. There's clearly a soft spot in his heart for Memphis but he also wants to win.

Probably going to come down to whether he thinks Memphis can take that next step or not.

spurspokesman
05-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Nothing to see here!

SupremeGuy
05-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Max Playa: FInals MVP vs leBron
Enrique: Finals MVP against ........................:lmao B:lol:lolbie Gibson:rollin

look_at_g_shred
05-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Everyone calling Gasol a choker because he had a 2-1 series lead against GSW.. :lmao if you ask me Spurs were the real chokers having an opportunity to close out a series on your home floor :lmao you would be beyond stupid to not think having Gasol would make us the absolute favorites to win it all.

dg7md
05-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Gasol is a Spurs-type player and it seems like he wants aboard so by all means, get him. We need more answers than Gasol, though.

milkyway21
05-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Pau Gasol's 3-yr contract with the Bulls has a player option in his last year($7M+) , there's still a possibility the two brothers might join forces IF Marc choose to sign elsewhere with Pau joining him to win a championship..

hater
05-28-2015, 08:40 PM
Damn. By that article, he's staying put in Memphis. What a waste of time

Richie
05-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Gasol makes us comfortable favourites next season

TheGoldStandard
05-28-2015, 08:57 PM
I don't know why anyone gets excited about any of these Free Agents, they'll go elsewhere and the Spurs will sign someone underwhelming for high dollar because they have to. Look for either Koufus getting 10M a season or even Bargnani because the Spurs have an affinity for soft Euros

Richie
05-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Yup. People forget how shitty the wings around him have been. A sharpshooter like Danny Green and a multipurpose threat like Kawhi would be even more deadly with Marc's passing ability, mean pick-setting, and shooting range.

Agreed. The Grizzlies are as good as they'll ever be right now with Tony Allen on the team, he's too much of a liability for Memphis to win a 'chip with him playing 30 minutes. It's insane to think that he's only ever made 4 playoff three pointers. FOUR in 108 games! He's a career 10% 3 point shooter in the playoffs, going 4-40, and he's wide open every time.

By comparison, Tim Duncan has made 5-34 in his playoff career. Tim Duncan, PF/C, is a better 3 point shooter than SG Tony Allen

lefty
05-28-2015, 09:45 PM

Good point tbh

If we get Gasol, it will be important to get rid of Parker

DMC
05-28-2015, 10:01 PM
. But Gasol said he won’t base his decision on the city, but rather the best opportunity to win a championship

mem needs outside shooting green could help with that he could stay spurs are better from outside then mem even without green
It's all canned responses. Gasol will go where he can make the most money and have the lowest expectations. That could be right where he is.

Spur|n|Austin
05-28-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't know why anyone gets excited about any of these Free Agents, they'll go elsewhere and the Spurs will sign someone underwhelming for high dollar because they have to. Look for either Koufus getting 10M a season or even Bargnani because the Spurs have an affinity for soft Euros

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/FishytheFish/GunnShudder.gif

pgardn
05-28-2015, 10:32 PM

Dead wrong.

We could be saying the same thing about last year v. Dallas.
The margin for error was small this year.

pgardn
05-28-2015, 10:34 PM
It's all canned responses. Gasol will go where he can make the most money and have the lowest expectations. That could be right where he is.

Why do you believe this?

I believe he will stay because of his family.

TheGoldStandard
05-28-2015, 10:45 PM
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/FishytheFish/GunnShudder.gif He spreads the floor

HI-FI
05-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Good point tbh

Pop would implode the AT&T Center before letting that happen.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2015, 12:38 AM
Gasol is a Spurs-type player and it seems like he wants aboard so by all means, get him. We need more answers than Gasol, though.

Shit man, he would be a HUGE start.
Good point tbh

Who is going to take Parkers contract and for what?

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-29-2015, 01:12 AM
Interesting that he would mention the Spurs at all, Gasol doesn't need leverage, he's getting a max offer from Memphis anyway.

DJR210
05-29-2015, 01:49 AM

http://www.allhailtheblackmarket.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/beating-a-dead-horse-.jpg

Good point tbh

Outside shooting was about the only strength Parker had last season.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2015, 03:12 AM
http://www.allhailtheblackmarket.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/beating-a-dead-horse-.jpg

Outside shooting was about the only strength Parker had last season.
I agree on the T Spence thing, Spurs fans run old jokes into the ground even years later after its not funny at all anymore :lol

Chinook
05-29-2015, 06:19 AM

The Catalan also made it clear he wants to stay with the Grizzlies: "I have not planned to change teams. The whole world knows the relationship our whole family has with the city of Memphis. It's special and has left a mark on us. I have to weigh the the pros and cons. The decision will be a good one because I will make the right one."

But he warns that Memphis needs to take a step forward: "The team has to improve and I have to improve. We need to try and develop a winning culture. If there weren't any areas to improve on, we'd still be playing. I don't need other franchises to offer me great things, I just want to win. I would love to be playing in the Finals and that is the objective for this upcoming contract. Just basketball. I worry more about the day-to-day than the luxuries of a city. I'm a simple man: from practice I go home to be with my family."

Didn't know the Gasols were Catalan. He spoke Castilian in the interview. Anyway, it sounded like he's pressuring Memphis to make moves. The issue is that they've been aggressive for the past couple years and they can't get over the hump. It might behoove both parties for him to leave and them blow it up while their complimentary pieces still have value.

I could entertain a Splitter trade to make the cap space for Gasol, but only if the trade brought in a young power-forward from the draft. Three centers and Diaw just won't cut it from a rotational standpoint.

still.focused
05-29-2015, 06:22 AM

He definitely is
Davis is a better defender
Cousins is a better scorer
Noah is a better passer
Howard is a better rebounder
But Gasols all around game trumps all
#2 behind Davis at worst

hater
05-29-2015, 06:42 AM
Dead wrong.

We could be saying the same thing about last year v. Dallas.
The margin for error was small this year.

You can't even begin to compare last years spurs vs this years.

Last year they were hungry as hell. Parker was playing great and Splitter was a GOD

Wow how short is spursfans memory

pgardn
05-29-2015, 08:09 AM
You can't even begin to compare last years spurs vs this years.

Last year they were hungry as hell. Parker was playing great and Splitter was a GOD

Wow how short is spursfans memory

Agreed. And you can't compare the competition. IMO this year's team has not a chance against Miami, or Dallas.

But to say we had no chance and were first round fodder is silly. 7 games losing on a circus shot?
Are you really thinking the Clips series could not have been ours?
You don't think we could have beat Houston?
You think we lay down to GS? ( Just a chance to get in their heads, just a chance)
And Cleveland? We get to Cleveland and we win it.

We could be easily rated the 2nd best team in the league with or without hunger and Parker playing like crap. And winning the thing.

Chinook
05-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Think you're both right and just ignoring the other one. The Spurs could have made it back to the Finals playing as they were, but they were nowhere near as good as they were in 2014. Splitter being hobbled was a big deal, as he is the Spurs best defensive player when healthy.

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Why do you believe this?

All depends on how important a championship is to him. If it's important and his family knows this, they could even help encourage him to go to SA. And during the season, it's not like he's home all of the time anyway.

pgardn
05-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Think you're both right and just ignoring the other one. The Spurs could have made it back to the Finals playing as they were, but they were nowhere near as good as they were in 2014. Splitter being hobbled was a big deal, as he is the Spurs best defensive player when healthy.

My first word was agreed.

Of course this year's team was not nearly as good as last year. But this does not mean we were destined first round fodder. The winner of this year's NBA championship will not be as good as last year's Spurs based on what I have seen so far.

And of course this is opinion.

pgardn
05-29-2015, 09:14 AM
All depends on how important a championship is to him. If it's important and his family knows this, they could even help encourage him to go to SA. And during the season, it's not like he's home all of the time anyway.

The poster indicated he thought Gasoline was happy in a place with low expectations for him.
I wanted to know why he thought this. The poster in question normally has good insight imo.

cantthinkofanything
05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
The poster indicated he thought Gasoline was happy in a place with low expectations for him.
I wanted to know why he thought this. The poster in question normally has good insight imo.

If that's true then you're probably right. Making great money in a city that he loves. I suspect most NBA players would be content with this. And it's not like the Grizz suck.

DMC
05-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Why do you believe this?

He's shown over the years that he's not driven to win. He's a great player, no doubt, and would shoehorn right in with the Spurs system flawlessly, but he's content being out early every year for big money. It's not a bad thing, but that's what it is. He's not going to say the Spurs aren't good enough for him, he's going to compliment teams who are interested in him. He's probably not going to leave if the money is the same.

poeticism707
05-29-2015, 12:16 PM

look_at_g_shred
05-29-2015, 12:21 PM
Actually try like 115+

cd021
05-29-2015, 12:39 PM

Spurs didn't have the money for that Gasol. Spurs could at least be in the ball park of a four year max if we move Mills or Splitter (for even more cap space)

Spur|n|Austin
05-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Actually try like 115+

Depends on what you have you "posts per page" settings on actually.

BatManu20
05-29-2015, 04:58 PM

timtonymanu
05-29-2015, 04:59 PM
I'll believe it when Woj3g confirms.

BatManu20
05-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Gasol's not leaving Memphi$.

ducks
05-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Gasol's not leaving Memphi$.

he already did
as a matter of fact he LEFT THE USA

Taking it to the Hole
05-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Since when have the Spurs won championships with big name free agents? I think the biggest free agents we have ever had are Finley and Jefferson and Finley wasn't a dominant piece in the 2007 run and Jefferson, well, you saw what happened with that? I am on the opposite side of the argument because I believe instead of pursuing one big max level free agent, we should resign Green, possibly COJO if he does not want more than the Spurs can offer and then maybe pursue some integral role players in free agency and focus on the draft. The draft is where we acquired championship caliber players not in free agency. I am not naive to believe we will find another Manu or TP but we may find a player that can blossom in the Spurs system and become a starter.

cantthinkofanything
05-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Since when have the Spurs won championships with big name free agents? I think the biggest free agents we have ever had are Finley and Jefferson and Finley wasn't a dominant piece in the 2007 run and Jefferson, well, you saw what happened with that? I am on the opposite side of the argument because I believe instead of pursuing one big max level free agent, we should resign Green, possibly COJO if he does not want more than the Spurs can offer and then maybe pursue some integral role players in free agency and focus on the draft. The draft is where we acquired championship caliber players not in free agency. I am not naive to believe we will find another Manu or TP but we may find a player that can blossom in the Spurs system and become a starter.

Spurs have had one of the best players of all time for the last 17 years. Now that TDs dominance is coming to an end, they can't just put role players around him. Times change and thee Spurs will need to land a big name to keep this thing going. The other option is to slowly become an average team and then bad team and then hope for another lottery pick someday. No one can be this good forever. Spurs can prolong this winning with a big name FA. Maybe even make another run. But they can' without one.

TheGoldStandard
05-30-2015, 07:00 PM
A lot of people do not want to face facts that Tim is fading away along with manu and Parker. Big FAs are the only way to stay competitive. That being said none will come here and Spurs will over spend on average talent

Sean Cagney
05-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Actually try like 115+
All pretty pointless in the end to because they never end up with the guy/guys who get the longest threads. Spurs fans you would have figured would learn by now, NOPE.
A lot of people do not want to face facts that Tim is fading away along with manu and Parker. Big FAs are the only way to stay competitive. That being said none will come here and Spurs will over spend on average talent

We both know this is what is going to happen in the end. They didn't really overpay for Beli though. Ayres though and his contract :lol, dude should not have been brought to SA to begin with.

DMC
05-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Terry Cummins says hola.

Emperor
05-31-2015, 01:39 AM
Terry Cummins says hola.

I remember when he scored like 63pts in a game. Crazy.

phxspurfan
05-31-2015, 02:24 AM
For the same money I'd take Aldridge

Sean Cagney
05-31-2015, 03:13 AM
Terry Cummins says hola.

Good lord that was a lonnnng time ago :lol

Agloco
05-31-2015, 09:02 AM

Stuck in the stupid tree again I see.

cjw
05-31-2015, 03:58 PM
Looks like Love is going to opt-in in Cleveland (per Yahoo! article). Makes sense, as he can just hit the market for a long-term deal in one year with the rising cap. That takes one max guy out of the picture (leading to more competition for remaining FAs), but also probably takes a place like Cleveland out of the bidding for Danny. Cleveland was going to have a tough time anyway signing anyone in the open market.

TheCerebral1
06-01-2015, 07:35 AM
......Yet I won't be signing in San Antonio." - Gasol obviously forgot to mention this and it's in the nearly invisible text of the link. :D

Ocotillo
06-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Terry Cummings came to San Antonio via trade. Alvin Robertson was shipped to Milwaukee along with I think Frank Brickowski. Too lazy to look it up to see who else was in the trade.

tholdren
06-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Fuck marc and his shitty ass brother. Neither will lead a team to a ring. Second or third fiddle. No marc gaysol

DPG21920
06-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Fuck marc and his shitty ass brother. Neither will lead a team to a ring. Second or third fiddle. No marc gaysol

You do realize Pau won a ring and was pretty much the best player on that team?

tholdren
06-03-2015, 05:55 AM
Terry Cummins says hola.
I don't recall spurs winning a ring with Terry

tholdren
06-03-2015, 05:55 AM

No he wasn't

hater
06-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Stuck in the stupid tree again I see.

Ppl that believe we were contenders last year and next year? Yeah bro. They are.

cjw
06-03-2015, 09:11 AM

Lakers in '05-'06 and '06'-'07 ... a 42-45 win team and first round fodder. That doesn't mention just 34 wins in the first year post Shaq, but Kobe had other things on his mind then.

Gasol joins and they get to three straight finals. I don't think it's a coincidence. Maybe he wasn't the best player, but is the sole reason Kobe has 5 and not 3 rings.

hater
06-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Holy shit now fans are debating against Pau being the centerpiece to their last 2 rings?????

:lmao short bus

Whats next? Debating against evolution? :lmao

tholdren
06-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Holy shit now fans are debating against Pau being the centerpiece to their last 2 rings?????

:lmao short bus

Whats next? Debating against evolution? :lmao

He wasn't. Kobe was. At that time Bynum was playing his best and Odom and ariza were filling out roles. They had a team. And they played well together

ceperez
06-04-2015, 05:49 AM

Gasol was either exposed or he simply gave up. Not a good sign.

Dex
06-05-2015, 10:34 AM
http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/06/nba-news/100282

Marc Gasol gave a more than interesting interview on the Catalan radio station RAC1 and of course the host of the show Marc Mundet asked him about his future.

His answer was vague with the exception of his dislike of New York weather: “The reality for me at the moment is Memphis. I got there when I was 16 and I’m 30 years old. It’s important for me, personally and in sports terms. I’m in front of an important decision for the upcomming 4 or 5 years. I’ll take it quietly, without drama. There are many things to evaluate: personal goals, the ring… The city isn’t so important like it was in Pau’s case. My brother had other needs. People with sons knows how this works. I don’t have time to go to the opera, or to the theater. New York is nice but it was very cold during the All Star Game. San Antonio, L.A, Atlanta… there’s good things everywhere. I have a simple life: at home, the arena, the supermarket. Memphis is quiet. In Fort Yukon, Alaska, I would also be happy”.

CGD
06-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Another example why the big market v small market thing is so overrated. Good find.

Sounds like he'll be thoughtful about his choice. He'll stay in Memphis but he'll also take a close look at the Spurs before doing so. All one could really ask.