PDA

View Full Version : Tracy McGrady on 2014 NBA Finals , Playing for Pop/Spurs

hooperflash
05-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Pretty dope stuff, tbh. Didn't see it posted anywhere. It sucks that for the moment they've decided to basically replace Bill Simmons with interns pretty much.

Spurs talk starts at 15:54

Tracy McGrady | 'NBA After Dark':

http://youtu.be/0J1bSd_hHy0

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Wtf @ that goofy-ass looking intern:lol..and a woman discussing basketball? smh..

baseline bum
05-28-2015, 11:35 PM
LOL McGrady picking the Clippers to ring, the Grizzlies to beat the Warriors, and talking about how many offensive options the Bulls have.

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 11:38 PM
LOL McGrady picking the Clippers to ring, the Grizzlies to beat the Warriors, and talking about how many offensive options the Bulls have.

:lol the genetic lottery..Barkley picking Portland or Memphis to win the West, and saying the Warriors aren't contenders..

05-29-2015, 12:04 AM
Tmac and Tim wouldve wouldve been a great duo.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2015, 01:29 AM

Yep, he was wrong on all accounts.

DJR210
05-29-2015, 01:52 AM

I'm good with never knowing what could have been

BillMc
05-29-2015, 02:34 AM
Pretty dope stuff, tbh. Didn't see it posted anywhere. It sucks that for the moment they've decided to basically replace Bill Simmons with interns pretty much.

Spurs talk starts at 15:54

Tracy McGrady | 'NBA After Dark':

http://youtu.be/0J1bSd_hHy0

Really interesting. Would have loved to see a young Tmac with the Spurs. I wonder if they thought at all about bringing him back in 2014. He could have gotten a ring instead of Daye.

Yeah. It would have been nearly on the level of Kobe/Shaq without the personal issues.

mienhmario
05-29-2015, 02:45 AM

It would be deadly. Manu to push the secondary and parker to man the ship...boy, easy 10-15 championship.

baseline bum
05-29-2015, 07:11 AM
I'm good with never knowing what could have been

Yeah, fuck McGrady. You could tell he was never about winning when he left a good core in Toronto so he could be the man in Orlando.

:cry I didn't have teammates :cry

Well you had Vince Carter, Charles Oakley, and Antonio Davis

baseline bum
05-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah. It would have been nearly on the level of Kobe/Shaq without the personal issues.

McGrady never wanted to play the Pippen role, which is why he left a promising Raptors team. He was a loser who wanted shots and stats, a taller Iverson.

DMC
05-29-2015, 12:10 PM
No. TMac is Kobe without Shaq, proflic scorer but chucker extraordinaire. Tim thrived from the inside out game.

05-29-2015, 12:56 PM
No. TMac is Kobe without Shaq, proflic scorer but chucker extraordinaire. Tim thrived from the inside out game.

Tim couldn't have been Tmac's shaq?

DMC
05-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Wtf @ that goofy-ass looking intern:lol..and a woman discussing basketball? smh..
Ending all her sentences with upward voice inflections, making them sound like questions.. like some housewives chick. wtf

DMC
05-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Tim couldn't have been Tmac's shaq?

No. Tim was never as dominant as Shaq. Tim couldn't have been Tim without the ability to play his game, and with a ball dominant guy like TMac or Kobe, he would have been just a rebounder. Other people would have gotten Tim involved, but you don't need TMac in there taking high volumes of shots while you have Tim Duncan who can score at will from the Spur standing around watching and scrapping for rebounds. That's what Kobe did to Pau and fortunately there were enough rebounders to clean it up. That's how you go 6 for 24 and still win.

SpurPadre
05-29-2015, 01:58 PM

Homely-looking broad, too. smh

Sean Cagney
05-29-2015, 02:22 PM
No. Tim was never as dominant as Shaq. Tim couldn't have been Tim without the ability to play his game, and with a ball dominant guy like TMac or Kobe, he would have been just a rebounder. Other people would have gotten Tim involved, but you don't need TMac in there taking high volumes of shots while you have Tim Duncan who can score at will from the Spur standing around watching and scrapping for rebounds. That's what Kobe did to Pau and fortunately there were enough rebounders to clean it up. That's how you go 6 for 24 and still win.
IDK Yao put up pretty good numbers with T Mac there for a few years, he did take a ton of shots though. I see your point though, it's just so tempting to think what if with talent and all from a different view.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-29-2015, 04:15 PM
I was never a big T Mac fan. Although I did root for him to get a ring while with San Antonio....and make a basket.

DMC
05-29-2015, 04:43 PM
IDK Yao put up pretty good numbers with T Mac there for a few years, he did take a ton of shots though. I see your point though, it's just so tempting to think what if with talent and all from a different view.
What if Kobe had Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol on the same team with an enforcer like Ron Artest?

I guess we'll never know.

The point is that talents don't sum very well. A great team is greater than the sum of it's parts usually, but taking the high sum of parts and trying to make a great team is often futile. Where players like Green, Tony and Manu rose to the occasion, established talents typically sink to the average of the team, as their roles change from go to guy to teammate.

timtonymanu
05-29-2015, 04:51 PM
:lol TMac was a second round virgin his whole career and when he finally gets farther than the 1st round, the Spurs suffer their most heartbreaking elimination in franchise history. This guy is just a curse.

Couldn't score a fucking basket too.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2015, 05:31 PM
What if Kobe had Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol on the same team with an enforcer like Ron Artest?

I guess we'll never know.

The point is that talents don't sum very well. A great team is greater than the sum of it's parts usually, but taking the high sum of parts and trying to make a great team is often futile. Where players like Green, Tony and Manu rose to the occasion, established talents typically sink to the average of the team, as their roles change from go to guy to teammate.

That is true, that is why the what ifs half the time are just that. Reality is the Spurs won 5 titles with what they have had and the so and so would have won more titles here with Tim etc., is irrelevant in the scheme of things. I would say they did pretty well.

baseline bum
05-29-2015, 05:40 PM
That is true, that is why the what ifs half the time are just that. Reality is the Spurs won 5 titles with what they have had and the so and so would have won more titles here with Tim etc., is irrelevant in the scheme of things. I would say they did pretty well.

I wouldn't in a million years have traded Manu for a healthy prime TMac. That interview where all he does it bitch about his bad luck tells you McGrady isn't the kind of guy you win titles with.

rmt
05-29-2015, 06:31 PM

And just what is wrong with a woman discussing basketball? On the internet, you never know when you might be chatting with a married, 50+ year old, homeschooling WOMAN :lol

Sean Cagney
05-29-2015, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't in a million years have traded Manu for a healthy prime TMac. That interview where all he does it bitch about his bad luck tells you McGrady isn't the kind of guy you win titles with.

Hell he even brought bad luck to SA :lol, only with him on the team do they sniff a ring and then have it taken away in 28 seconds, he is a curse. He never got out of the 1st round was it? Then he comes to SA on the bench and all the way to the finals and can smell the ring, then NOPE.

Chillen
05-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Hell he even brought bad luck to SA :lol, only with him on the team do they sniff a ring and then have it taken away in 28 seconds, he is a curse. He never got out of the 1st round was it? Then he comes to SA on the bench and all the way to the finals and can smell the ring, then NOPE.

This is so stupid. 1 missed free throw by Manu, missed free throw by Leonard, Pop takes Duncan out of the game. Spurs can't grab the rebound and Bosh shoots it out to Allen and he makes a series altering 3. Somehow it's Tracy McGrady's fault, lmfao.

SpurPadre
05-29-2015, 06:54 PM
:lol TMac was a second round virgin his whole career and when he finally gets farther than the 1st round, the Spurs suffer their most heartbreaking elimination in franchise history. This guy is just a curse.

Couldn't score a fucking basket too.

I remember Stephen A. Smith saying back then that the Heat would not have gotten that rebound if TMac wasn't in the arena and that his bad luck willed the Spurs to give it all away.

Malik Hairston
05-29-2015, 07:28 PM
And just what is wrong with a woman discussing basketball? On the internet, you never know when you might be chatting with a married, 50+ year old, homeschooling WOMAN :lol

:lol I was just playing..

You're a woman, though? You're one of the better posters here IIRC, nice to see a good mix of demographics..

Sean Cagney
05-29-2015, 07:37 PM
This is so stupid. 1 missed free throw by Manu, missed free throw by Leonard, Pop takes Duncan out of the game. Spurs can't grab the rebound and Bosh shoots it out to Allen and he makes a series altering 3. Somehow it's Tracy McGrady's fault, lmfao.

I was joking man, good lord I know it had nothing to do with him. All that stuff went wrong as you said, a collection of bad things.

daslicer
05-29-2015, 08:37 PM
These two reporters or whatever they are suck at what they do. I felt I was watching two hardcore ass kissers who knew shit about what they were talking about. I laughed when Tmac snubbed that guy for dissing him for liking to play against Jazz on the road by saying "Honestly I hardly ever went out I liked just to eat good food and that was it."

DMC
05-29-2015, 08:41 PM
100x more respect for his cousin tbh, who was willing to come off the bench and make some major contributions later in his career. I'd take him in an instant.

DMC
05-29-2015, 08:42 PM
:lol I was just playing..

You're a woman, though? You're one of the better posters here IIRC, nice to see a good mix of demographics..
lol Harlem with the innocent jab at women...